[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Bright As the Moon 皎若云间月

SC2019

1 hour ago, ElleSor said:

Subs aren't out yet but I'm waiting patiently.

Haven't started 3 epi of the novel as well.

Hopefully, subs will be out soon.

Yes, and doesn't look like volunteer subbers have picked it up. I've watched E13-14 and...

Spoiler

our FL has somehow (unexplained) got flashbacks, making her realise that 10 years ago, she had indeed come to this world. Conveniently, this has come at a time when the 3rd prince was encouraging her to regain her memories, in a bid to reignite the flame they once had. [how convenient, truly]

And out of the 3 relics that she requires to enable her to soul-travel (?) at least I think that's what the book she laid her hands on states, she has obtained 2. Of course, the way she's stumbled on the 2 relics so far is really happenstance - fortune must be smiling on her, or there's more than meets the eye (if what rabbit_casa explains to be true).

She's not as loud anymore, truly, so for those who were annoyed with the over the top acting, it's somewhat toned down already.

7 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Yes, and doesn't look like volunteer subbers have picked it up. I've watched E13-14 and...

:tears: I feel sad indeed that I can't enjoy the drama like those who could speak the language. However, I remember, recently I watched Queen of Attack, and the subs were also very late. So still "Hope" is my motto :wub:

15 hours ago, leo2020 said:

:tears: I feel sad indeed that I can't enjoy the drama like those who could speak the language. However, I remember, recently I watched Queen of Attack, and the subs were also very late. So still "Hope" is my motto :wub:

yes, it may take a bit longer that's all. Actually it's better that you haven't started yet. I'll let u know in 2 weeks time if it's worth your while. For all you know, by then, it's a blessing in disguise you hadn't started, who knows?

Spoiler

It's the sort of drama, if you have very little expectations, and have time on your hands, and nothing else to watch, then go ahead and watch it. I am seriously here for the FL actress and sheer curiosity how the ML is going to behave when the love rival takes a hold over her.

• Like 1

Watched E17-18 and....

Spoiler

Spoiler

our ML is still being cold and aloof with our FL but at the slightest drop of a pin, (FL is supposedly poisoned, pricked her finger on a plant), he rushes to secure some antidote to save her. Little did he realise that the rumour of a poison and supposed antidote was a ruse to murder him. Of course, the ML can't die at this point right? After all, he is the ML and there are so many more episodes to go, 22 to be exact.

Anyways towards the end of E18, heaven intervenes and the two of them find themselves in the woods. The FL - to look for a magical bird (the 3rd item she needs for her time/soul travels) a child told her about (but it's another ruse brought upon by someone who wants to use her to get the ML to be involved in the Princes' fighting for the throne - something that he wants to steer clear of). And the ML - because he has been given a hint that the 3rd prince/someone is plotting a revolt to overthrow the Emperor.

They meet and find their way into a cave (though it's at the chagrin of the ML who was trying to stop her from being nosy) filled with gold, weapons and armour, evidence of the said plot. And coincidentally the 3rd prince is there with one of his lackeys, a woman from a famed family who is known for her anonymity, and access to information and resources. She's supposedly been promised (by the 3rd prince) as his love interest but heaven knows if the 3rd prince has any ounce of romantic intentions towards her. For all I can see, he's just using her to get to the throne. She's questioning his outward affections for the FL, he doesn't deny it, after all she's the offical wife of the future emperor - so she's definitely a prized possession. To add to that, our FL and ML find out that there was an intention to kill him in the woods. The FL is so enraged, she plans on charging into this conversation she's eavesdropping on but gets pulled away by our ML. And it ends... 4 days and counting till I get to see what happens next.

My reactions so far:

What I'm liking 

I like that our FL is now aware she's being manipulated and lied to. In between episodes 17-18, the 3rd prince has been trying to evoke feelings of love in our FL, despite her saying she's not interested in him romantically. But I can see her heart has wavered a little because he's been so persistent and because our ML is pushing her away. He also got some other people to report that he had an injury he faked just so that she could be by his side to take care of him. The 3rd prince is really someone who will go to no ends to get what he wants, fair or foul means. And I am truly glad, our FL got to hear, from the horse's mouth that he's clearly been lying or playing both sides (playing both sides here means, professing his love to our FL and then telling the female lackey that he's just cosying up to our FL for political reasons.)

Btw, for those who couldn't stand our FL's loud behaviour, she's truly toned down a lot by now.

What I wish could be done better:

I still think our ML can do better with his micro-expressions. And usually, the ML's male servant/aide is quite entertaining to watch but the person in this case/ plus the voice isn't quite as appealing as some other dramas.

On 10/12/2021 at 11:54 AM, SC2019 said:

Reveal hidden contents

our FL has somehow (unexplained) got flashbacks, making her realise that 10 years ago, she had indeed come to this world. Conveniently, this has come at a time when the 3rd prince was encouraging her to regain her memories, in a bid to reignite the flame they once had. [how convenient, truly]

And out of the 3 relics that she requires to enable her to soul-travel (?) at least I think that's what the book she laid her hands on states, she has obtained 2. Of course, the way she's stumbled on the 2 relics so far is really happenstance - fortune must be smiling on her, or there's more than meets the eye (if what rabbit_casa explains to be true).

She's not as loud anymore, truly, so for those who were annoyed with the over the top acting, it's somewhat toned down already.

Maybe I'll have finished the book by then?

Hahaha! 

On 10/15/2021 at 9:57 AM, SC2019 said:

@ElleSor :hwaiting2: yes,  I think so, if you read fast. Let me know how it ends in the book, am really curious. Equally curious as to how much of the book, the drama has followed.

Yup, will do. I'm going at a good rate reading the novel.

15 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Yup, will do. I'm going at a good rate reading the novel.

I've seen the previews on Youku up till E26, I am a little annoyed, can I say that? But then again, there seems to be a formula that scriptwriters follow? Is that it?

Spoiler

So, the ML has been trying to push the FL away as her grandfather is supposedly the one who caused his whole family to be implicated in some crime that ended up in capital punishment by the Emperor. Because of that, he's been taking the route of "I can't be with the person whose family is the culprit in my family's demise."

However, he has secretly been looking out for her and saving her on countless occasions. He's made known to her that he will keep her safe even if he can't return her love. AND what's idiotic about it is she's left in the dark as to why he's pushing her away. Then there steps in some mysterious person, who used to work at a brothel (?) who's now secretly helping the ML. But repeatedly the ML has been telling her that despite having the same agenda, he does not agree with the means she uses to achieve it, and for that he won't be part of her plans. But she's pushed on ahead, saved him and helped him on a few occasions.

So, in the preview and by E20, our ML has been captured, supposedly a rebel trying to overthrow the Emperor. Somehow or other in a turn of events, he's become the scapegoat for the 3rd prince who was the one staging the rebellion. So, the Emperor fortunately enough isn't stupid, he knows it's his own son who's to blame. He decides to put our ML into jail, instead of killing him, which I think would be the normal route for people who try to depose off the Emperor. In the previews, we see our FL in disguise, visiting him in prison and telling him that she will never give up on him (I roll my eyes, it's such a typical 'I will die for you no matter what' kinda story, still, somewhat touching I would say.) And then in the next episode, I think with the help of the 4th prince and perhaps the mysterious lady who's got some hidden agenda, they manage to rescue him from the prison.

In another preview, there's an episode or 2 of somewhat happier times. Our ML, despite harbouring thoughts ot noble idiocy is living in some remote area with our FL, and if I am not mistaken, they are married (?) cause that's mentioned in a latter preview but not shown. They seem to be living an idyllic life, he cooks for her, I suppose there are moments where they sit and admire the stars, he probably plays the flute for her? (you get what I mean the typical lovey-dovey scenes for a couple).

However, good times don't last long and if I didn't misunderstand the preview, our ML is the crown prince of another state ? (another typical arch), likely one that is not on good terms with this kingdom. This is revealed to him by the mysterious lady, who informs him that she is his betrothed. Of course this totally spoils whatever plans of forever and ever he had with our FL. Probably torn between duty to his country and love for the FL? He looks crestfallen as he returns to their cottage and our FL is terrified because she can't find him anywhere. She tells him to never ever leave her sight.

Next we see him parting ways AGAIN with the FL, and as usual, she's trying to tell him she's not convinced when he says he has never loved her. He claims that it was all just physical attraction/ lust? as he was being typically a man (you know the Chinese saying - which cat can resist a fish?) I don't know whether I should raise my fist at the novelist or scriptwriter for the countless scenes of push and pull? I guess the last time I saw this was with Cheng Yi in Stand By Me. It was far more palatable there as he pined for her and he would go to no ends to save her, always putting his life before his. But here, the script devotes very little effort into any form of pining and the actor who plays the ML doesn't have Cheng Yi's subtle micro-expressions to deliver pain/agony/torment. It's a dead-pan face.

And we see him hatching a plot in cahoots with the 3rd prince. All I can tell is the Emperor is found dead. Eventually, the 4th prince ascends the throne and becomes the Emperor. I have no idea what has become of the 3rd prince, probably escaped somewhere so he can create more mischief, I am quite, quite sure, we have not seen the last of him.

Along the way, our FL is apprehended, she is implicated in the plot to overthrow and/or murder the Emperor (heaven knows which one they are referring to, this current one or the previous one?). She is put into jail and tortured gleefully by one of the female generals who had her eye on the ML (but he never for a moment had any for her). And to save her, the current Emperor (who I believe is still in love with our FL) lies that she is pregnant with his child as the court officials are crying out for her to face capital punishment.

And then that's the last of the previews. And that is only till E26. Omo, what on earth are they going to do with the 14 episodes left? 

17 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Still no subs?

I am liking it so far according to what I have read in this thread.

I hope subs come out soon.

I will check after I post this.

No, there are no subs. There's a video on youtube that sound very much like a robot narrator (or LOL maybe a human sounding like one) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxeCpHCN0Yc&ab_channel=Drama2021 - it contains

major spoilers all the way till the ending.

The way the video has been put together isn't quite accurate in terms of the order. But so far from what I've seen of what's been aired, what's said isn't untrue. As for the 'leak's (coz there are trailers that aren't even out yet and this video suggests that it can see much further ahead than that), it suggests that... 

Spoiler

indeed the 4th prince does become the Emperor and he is the one who offers the love-lock poison to our FL (I thought all this while it would be the 3rd prince). And she's doomed to forget our ML. But of course somewhere along the way, the 4th prince turned Emperor is killed by the ML (I think), and she is released from the poison and returns to the ML's side. It's also true that she cures the ML of his cold-poison and bears some consequence. But be warned for those who want to watch, I suspect from E25 onwards, perhaps up till the end, there's going to be quite a painful separation between the ML and FL. I think after she cures him, he forgets her (if not mistaken as a result of the cure ?) and with her impending intake of the poison, her forgetting him. So, this is truly a case of tit for tat - I forget you, then you forget me. Sigh. So, for the faint-hearted, you might either wanna skip this altogether or wait for the entire show to be out to watch for the supposed HE.

6 hours ago, SC2019 said:

No, there are no subs. There's a video on youtube that sound very much like a robot narrator (or LOL maybe a human sounding like one) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxeCpHCN0Yc&ab_channel=Drama2021 - it contains

major spoilers all the way till the ending.

The way the video has been put together isn't quite accurate in terms of the order. But so far from what I've seen of what's been aired, what's said isn't untrue. As for the 'leak's (coz there are trailers that aren't even out yet and this video suggests that it can see much further ahead than that), it suggests that... 

Hide contents

indeed the 4th prince does become the Emperor and he is the one who offers the love-lock poison to our FL (I thought all this while it would be the 3rd prince). And she's doomed to forget our ML. But of course somewhere along the way, the 4th prince turned Emperor is killed by the ML (I think), and she is released from the poison and returns to the ML's side. It's also true that she cures the ML of his cold-poison and bears some consequence. But be warned for those who want to watch, I suspect from E25 onwards, perhaps up till the end, there's going to be quite a painful separation between the ML and FL. I think after she cures him, he forgets her (if not mistaken as a result of the cure ?) and with her impending intake of the poison, her forgetting him. So, this is truly a case of tit for tat - I forget you, then you forget me. Sigh. So, for the faint-hearted, you might either wanna skip this altogether or wait for the entire show to be out to watch for the supposed HE.

Gosh! I'm praying for subs!!

Thanks for the summary!!

• 2 weeks later...

@ElleSor @leo2020 I've stopped watching this for a few weeks, was waiting till this week to see how the plot develops. You know the saying, it never rains but pours? Well from the snippets and the direction that the plot is unfolding, it's like that. The scriptwriter must have succumbed so badly to wanting typical angsty scenes - having her/his characters misunderstand each other, experience noble idiocy, compounded by death of loved ones, abandonment, betrayal - wow the entire works. I think Chinese netizens would term these scenes as 'dog blood' or “狗血 (gǒuxiě)” i.e. the use of the same old, repeated boring scenes or story sequences in a TV drama or film.

Spoiler

so finally, it's E32, and the Emperor (the 4th prince) has decided he wants to remove all traces of former memories of love for the FL to save her from the pain she's in. So, he's asked his first wife, now a concubine (the poor thing) for a poison that I believe originates from her country. Out of spite, she agrees to help him source for it. And the reason it's out of spite is she believes that the FL stole her hubby from her (when in fact it's wasn't the case - she was pregnant with the ML's child and the Emperor gave her a home, and the son a name/registry) and the poison will cause immense pain to the FL  ML if the FL recalls the memories she's supposed to forget. (which is why the concubine was so delighted in concocting the poison as the man she loves will suffer the pain she went thru). So, it's truly that perverse pleasure that the woman who stole her hubby will suffer the man she loved and gave her all for, will suffer just as she's suffering from being cast aside by that very same man.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

The scriptwriter must have succumbed so badly to wanting typical angsty scenes - having her/his characters misunderstand each other, experience noble idiocy, compounded by death of loved ones, abandonment, betrayal - wow the entire works

Snif snif... actually, deep down in my heart I was expecting smth like that,as soon as I saw that the drama comes from YouKu. I should have learned long ago to keep my expectations low when it comes to that platform. This may sound a bit harsh, since they had some really good and even great dramas as well...however the list of "ruined" dramas coming from them is really long and it keeps growing longer... 

23 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Snif snif... actually, deep down in my heart I was expecting smth like that,as soon as I saw that the drama comes from YouKu. I should have learned long ago to keep my expectations low when it comes to that platform. This may sound a bit harsh, since they had some really good and even great dramas as well...however the list of "ruined" dramas coming from them is really long and it keeps growing longer... 

I haven't got any notion as to how good or bad Youku is but some comments from YTbers support what you say, and the platform seems to be clueless as to the gems they have as well, allowing other platforms to air the ones that did really well (when they could have held held onto them exclusively). I think if the ML were like Cheng Yi in SBM, I might have felt his pain a bit more but from the brief scenes I have watched of those angsty moments, I would say he can't emote them that well. So, as a viewer, while I empathise with him, I don't feel too sorry for him. More so as the direction of the story  draws my sympathy more towards the FL.

Spoiler

imagine being pushed away not once but at least twice? by the same man and the 2nd time round, after she's been married to him. Then for plot-wise reasons, he has to 'abandon' her (I don't know if he formally divorced her but it's as good as he's left her high and dry coz I couldn't bear to watch those parts). Worst still, she's pregnant with his child. Of course I know he has his reasons and it's not because he's a playboy or anything... but still....what a storyline! [to be fair to the ML, he does try to save her when he's aware she's in danger and on her wedding day to the Emperor, he secretly came to see her. So in his heart, he's never really stopped loving her - I suppose that's where it's tragic. He's a victim of circumstance, as best as I can understand it, he's the heir to the throne of another kingdom that prolly suffered it's downfall at the hands of this kingdom that the FL is in. And with his identity, he's not supposed to be dallying with her and should be focusing on other more important agenda. To add to all that, there's this lady I think I mentioned before who's tailing him everywhere he goes, supposedly his legally betrothed, who's there to help him with the political agenda. And of course out of jealousy more than politics, she keeps reminding him to let her go [eyes rolling].

Anyway in E33-34, she's finally been inflicted with the so-call poison and her memory of the ML is locked away somewhere by the Emperor's doing. Her child is stolen by the concubine, out of spite (and I think the concubine is hoping that the ML will go look for the FL when she's out and about looking for her child. In doing so, her memories will be triggered and the Emperor will suffer from the side-effects of the poison when she does.)  2nd time round, she's pushed down a cliff. Both times, she gets away relatively unscathed. And this time round, she's rescued by the ML who was informed by her maid that she was missing from the palace as she was out looking for her son.

So, things come to pass as planned by the Concubine, and the ML takes care of the FL, and helps her to find the child. There's a very short scene where she comes around (lost consciousness from the fall off the cliff) and no longer recognises the ML. He prolly thinks it's the fall and doesn't of course know it's from the poison. That one scene was rather moving as the ML realises she no longer has any memories of their time together and he starts to cry (but tbh, I was thinking to myself 'why bother crying? it's it better this way that she no longer has to suffer from the injustice of having being abandoned/pushed away by you? why would you want her to remember all that pain?) And at this point, she believes that her grandfather died at his hands (which was not the case) but for plot-wise reasons, he admitted to the crime. [which is why i said all the misunderstanding and lies just cause a whole lot of unnecessary agony and angst]

I think there will be viewers who enjoy these kinds of plot.

But what irks me is the FL is given very little opportunity to show her wit and is purely there to advance the plot. The ML seems to be helpless at every turn, at least when it comes to her and can only secretly pine after her. For such an intelligent man, giving her to another man who supposedly can give her happiness is such a crappy line of logic... when he jolly well knows how much she loves him. I mean isn't that an insult to her loyalty towards you? sigh.... 

I am waiting for the moment when...

Spoiler

he finds out the child is his. I hope as viewers we really get to see him going to no ends to regain her trust. I think in the very least, that's what the ML ought to do for all that he's put her thru.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 9:58 AM, SC2019 said:

@ElleSor @leo2020 I've stopped watching this for a few weeks, was waiting till this week to see how the plot develops. You know the saying, it never rains but pours? Well from the snippets and the direction that the plot is unfolding, it's like that. The scriptwriter must have succumbed so badly to wanting typical angsty scenes - having her/his characters misunderstand each other, experience noble idiocy, compounded by death of loved ones, abandonment, betrayal - wow the entire works. I think Chinese netizens would term these scenes as 'dog blood' or “狗血 (gǒuxiě)” i.e. the use of the same old, repeated boring scenes or story sequences in a TV drama or film.

Reveal hidden contents

so finally, it's E32, and the Emperor (the 4th prince) has decided he wants to remove all traces of former memories of love for the FL to save her from the pain she's in. So, he's asked his first wife, now a concubine (the poor thing) for a poison that I believe originates from her country. Out of spite, she agrees to help him source for it. And the reason it's out of spite is she believes that the FL stole her hubby from her (when in fact it's wasn't the case - she was pregnant with the ML's child and the Emperor gave her a home, and the son a name/registry) and the poison will cause immense pain to the FL  ML if the FL recalls the memories she's supposed to forget. (which is why the concubine was so delighted in concocting the poison as the man she loves will suffer the pain she went thru). So, it's truly that perverse pleasure that the woman who stole her hubby will suffer the man she loved and gave her all for, will suffer just as she's suffering from being cast aside by that very same man.

Ah yes, the translator of the novel has stopped translating because of similar reasons. I have stopped reading because of this. So my hopes for this has been dashed. I actually steer clear of ancient dramas that turns out convoluted and too confusing for my poor brain. 

Thanks for the heads up!! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ElleSor said:

Ah yes, the translator of the novel has stopped translating because of similar reasons. I have stopped reading because of this. So my hopes for this has been dashed. I actually steer clear of ancient dramas that turns out convoluted and too confusing for my poor brain. 

Thanks for the heads up!! 

i think it's not convoluted, just a feeling of helplessness or a lack of empowerment for the characters and despair at how much they seem at the mercy of fate and/or destiny. In our 21st century, how can writers even leave their characters with so little ability to handle issues, more so as these characters are not stupid to begin with.

• Like 1

If anyone's interested, a quick update on E35-36

Spoiler

The Emperor decided to duel the ML, kinda like winner takes all, but tbh I am not sure if in his mind, this was the woman or the country. Though on the surface it sounded like the country. Roughly based on the plot, the ML is from another country that has lost its sovereignity and I think now belongs to the Emperor's country (if not mistaken, those who have been following my recaps know that my comprehension is rather approximate as I am not a native speaker). So technically, they are from opposing turfs. The reason I say on the surface is that I think he realises from how many side-effects he has been suffering from the poison, that the FL's memories are resurfacing despite his attempts at making her forget. So, with each side-effect he realises she will soon regain her memories, and only with his impending death can he free her from what he has done. So, the duel, to me was a bad excuse at courting his own death. True enough, he does lose, and the terms of their duel were the loser would lose his life as well. Those who are watching this drama know that the ML isn't such a knave and he would never kill the Emperor, more so as he knows how he has taken care of the FL. But the Emperor takes the knife and plunges it into his body.

Of course, after that, he has ample time to make amends, apologising to the FL (typical death scene) in a very long drawn out conversation. I don't know whether the FL realises it wasn't the ML who killed him, I hope she doesn't misunderstand and think that the ML was the one who killed the Emperor too. (my eyes were really rolling at that point, seriously how many more misunderstandings does the scriptwriter want to add to this story???)

Anyways, the Emperor dies and the ML typically walks away, choosing not to explain the situation to the FL. (prior to the duel, he clearly explained to the Emperor that he has NO intention of rebuilding his nation/ regaining its sovereignty. And he wanted to join hands with the Emperor to take down the 3rd prince who is busy plotting on overthrowing the Emperor for his 'rightful place on the throne (this is after he killed his own father, the previous Emperor. And the ML explains that he was not the one who killed the Emperor, but I think this is something the Emperor has long suspected.) [again, I roll my eyes at how the script has been written to allow the misunderstanding to compound, as she has no clue it was the Emperor who chose this duel.]

Things get cleared finally between the FL and the Emperor's rightful wife (the princess from another country) at the funeral/ wake for the Emperor in an army camp somewhere. At this point, she is told that the son belongs to the ML and everything is explained as to why she was made the Empress because she was accused of being an accomplice to the ML (and tortured in prison), a traitor who supposedly killed the previous Emperor. So the Emperor makes her his wife to save her. So the rightful wife aka princess from another country reveals where the FL's son is being held, as you prolly know she was behind the kidnapping of the child. [As I was watching this at 1.5 X speed, I saw someone taking away the child and the maid, but I don't know who it was. There are a few camps of people trying to find the child: a) third prince who wants to kill the child and prevent him from being the heir to the throne not knowing it's the ML's child; b) the FL's brother who is trying to save the child on behalf of the sister; c) I suspect the one who has taken the child away is the ML's men - as you can tell by now, his schemes/ plots to thwart the 3rd prince is going smoothly but his love life is really down the drain.] The princess aka the rightful wife of the deceased Emperor leaves to travel the world with a sword that belonged to the Emperor- her rationale is that he never wanted all these responsibilities, he was a free spirit and now she can travel with him/his sword in a free-spirited manner. [at this point I am wondering if she is the one who will reveal to the ML that the son belongs to him?]

The Emperor is placed in a coffin and the FL wants to transport it back to the capital. But along the way the 3rd prince and the ML (who is scheming, and pretending to help him I suppose to thwart his plans) captures her. She is made a maid of sorts (another eye-rolling plot) and made to wash clothes, chop her own firewood for her own tent, etc... and very nearly accosted by guards at the army camp (I think this is a camp made by the 3rd prince to invade his own kingdom, to claim it for himself) but of course, saved by the ML who is secretly watching all this. At night, the FL tries to kill the ML (clearly this is a useful attempt as her martial arts prowess are nothing compared with his, or rather she's just making a wild attempt). He asks her if she really hates him all that much, and she replies that she lives only to kill him for all the people in her life he's killed/taken away from her [which we know as viewers is none, just that every single occasion, he's been at the 'crime scene'. I must say the vengeance and hate in her eyes are real, I applaud her for that scene, truly. And of course, he chooses to say nothing other than that if she really wishes to kill him, she should think of a better plan. sigh, double sigh.]

In the final scene of E36, our FL is trying to steal a map that the ML has supposedly designed which clearly lays out a route for him/his army to regain his seat on the throne. She truly thinks he is a knave and wants to steal the map to prevent this from happening. [at this point, I am sure she won't succeed. with only 4 episodes to go,  I am quite sure the woman at the ML's side will die (she is still hell-bent on re-establishing the ML's Kingdom despite the ML's aide pointing out that the road to doing so will be bloody and many people will lose their lives, so is this really a worthy cause or are her ambitions really no different from the 3rd prince's?), the 3rd Prince will not succeed, but who will be the Emperor of this kingdom is a question mark, the 4th prince is dead, the 3rd likely, the 1st and 2nd were no-gooders... and the child of the FL's is not really the Emperor's son...

And I do believe our FL will find out the truth behind the ML that many of the things were a misunderstanding, albeit being abandoned by him clearly occurred but again, he had his own circumstances. But how they will both come to terms with their relationship is a question mark. 

Ok so finally I've watched the ending...

Spoiler

the ML plays along with the 3rd prince and let's him sit on the throne, and then his men try to tie him down with chains to subdue him. But of course he breaks free and has a duel with the ML who wins over him. Eventually after lots of drama, the woman he spurned (the one who was a general, and due to a love potion, slept with him, and eventually he did something unforgivable to her) killed her and then took her own live (she was raped by someone I think at the 3rd prince's hands or something to that effect).

So, our ML gave the FL permission to stab him 3 times to pay back for whatever wrongdoings he did to her (none of which turned out to be true, but he was so guilty at having pushed away countless times (despite being legally married to her) and later on finding out that she had his son (and the son was thought to have been killed by the 3rd prince but was rescued by the ML's advisor secretly without the ML knowing - stupid storyline I know) and he never took care of her or the son. So in an earlier episode, she stabbed him twice and promised to keep the 3rd one for later. So it's at the Emperor's court that she stabs him the 3rd time, and he even offers to help her push the sword further in, sort of as penance, when others reveal the truth to our FL - he didn't kill the Emperor or her grandfather.
And the advisor turns up with the son and a monk.

The monk turns out to be the FL's father. He explains the historical turn of events, how the Murong family were killed and why (treachery of others) and that the FL's mother was the one who rescued the ML when he was young as his entire family was being massacred (his identity then had already been found out as the heir to the throne of another country that had lost it sovereignity). And the FL's mother died rescuing the ML. So the Monk aka FL's father rationalises with her why the ML has been quietly keeping all the woes to himself, swallowing all the guilt, to prevent another war from breaking out, (I don't buy it but of course this is the story) and that he adores his grandchild, and that his grandchild should have a mother AND a father. The ML reaches out to hug his son and asks the FL whether he can and she nods her head. And that's the sign that she's forgiven him. (After all the drama before that, I wish that scene could have been drawn out much better.)

Next scene we see the FL and ML running a medical centre, serving the people, dispensing medicine. He's the doctor whilst she is the pharmacist. And her maid and his aide are now married and expecting a child. All this lovey dovey, happy family scenes continue until the FL discovers that she's fading away again. She doesn't tell him anything (of course) until he sees her reflection in the mirror disappearing and he starts to lose it. (I seriously wonder if it's the author or the scriptwriter who portrays the ML as a person with really low EQ - at a point where your wife tells you she's going to dissipate, not her choice, not her doing, you tell her that if she disappears, you'll marry 3-4 wifes to compensate for her dissapearance. Now if this isn't the most irate, unreasonable response you can give, a totally low EQ one, I don't know what else is.)

Anyway, they finally find a book that someone mysteriously leaves behind informing them what is the 3rd item they need for her to return to her original dimension, it's a hairpin that I think he gave her which is broken into two. Anyways, just as she's about to disappear, he agrees that he'd rather send her back to her own world than to see her dissipate. He says if it weren't for the son he would rather she dissipate and then he will kill himself to accompany her to the underworld, but now that they have a son, he can't do  that.

She goes back to the future. And she wakes up from a dream, in bed. She then hatches a plot to catch the attention of the rich, playboy in E01. It works out and he asks her to be a contract girlfriend to fend off the father and his intentions to marry off the son. At the end of it all, she tells him that this has all been her ploy to get close to him because she likes him. Before she leaves his house (he asked her to move him to make their relationship more realistic), she tells him that the story in her novel (now a best seller, based on the dream/life she had in the other world) was based on the both of them.

We see her back in her own world, busy writing novels etc. and finally, one day as she is out on the streets, he appears in his fancy sports car, tells her to get into it, and then he tells her they are going to get their marriage registered. She's elated of course. And that's erh about it. (the editing in the modern world was weird and the part where he turned up unannounced was truly uninspiring, poorly edited, completely irrational - no one looking at the scenes before that would have guessed his intentions to marry her, except for one scene where he is seen reading her novel). 

I started watching to support the FL and I guess I've done my part. So Zhang Zhi Xi, you have this one person who had some faith in you and put aside time to throw support for your endeavours. All the best to you in the future!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SC2019 said:

So Zhang Zhi Xi, you have this one person who had some faith in you and put aside time to throw support for your endeavours. All the best to you in the future!

:wub: I sincerely hope she will get more good roles in future too). She recently joined the cast of already highly anticipated Till The End Of The Moon by the way.