Chen Fei Yu as Li Xun
Zhang Jing Yi as Zhu Yun
Zhao Zhi Wei
Zeng Ke Ni
Jiang Zi Xin
Qian Di Di
Cui Yu Xin

Synopsis:

Zhu Yun's university life just began, but it was disrupted by the arrival of bad boy Li Xun who overturned her world. Li Xun, who appears like a wanton good-for-nothing, is actually a programming genius. However, the two of them gradually learn to appreciate each other's talent and knowledge after a few interactions. When senior Fang Zhiqing tries to pick on Zhu Yun, Li Xun defends her and even invited her to join her programming team. Together, they won the championship of the programming competition. In the process, they fall in love and get together despite the differences in their family circumstances. However just when their business plan is about to succeed, a life-changing incident occurs. Fang Zhijing inadvertently causes Li Xun's sister to get into a car accident, causing Li Xun to hit him out of fury and was sentenced to jail. Zhu Yun refuses to give up on Li Xun, waiting for him to get out of jail and helping Li Xun defeat his business rivals and snatch back his company. Zhu Yun's relentless efforts touched Li Xun, giving him courage to overcome the pain and open up his heart.
Source: dramawiki

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

https://dramapanda.com/2021/10/lighter-and-princess-filming-disrupted-by-daipai-and-sisheng-fans.html

Seriously people need to control their love for their artist causing things to shut down, stalking them and creating fan divide (fan wars) is not helping them but hurting them with the government trying to control toxic fans right now it really isn't a good idea to create ruckus 

On 10/5/2021 at 1:22 AM, phuong1317 said:

https://dramapanda.com/2021/10/lighter-and-princess-filming-disrupted-by-daipai-and-sisheng-fans.html

Seriously people need to control their love for their artist causing things to shut down, stalking them and creating fan divide (fan wars) is not helping them but hurting them with the government trying to control toxic fans right now it really isn't a good idea to create ruckus 

This is one of the reasons why China has been cracking down on some of their artists. Their fans have gotten out of control. I hope this won't mean being suspended or anything like that. I read that the government has highlighted that the artist and his agency should be able to control their fans. 

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Lighter & Princess 打火机与公主裙
  • 4 months later...
Spoiler

Trailer, released about 4 months ago and some stills. Judging by the promo, this is a 2022 release.

It's also part of 20.5 release (one of China's dates - apparently there are 6 such dates -  designated for romance, apparently the chinese pronounciation is close to I love you aka Valentine's day.)

lighter.jpg

lighter2.jpg

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Lighter & Princess 打火机与公主裙 starring Arthur Chen & Zhang Jing Yi
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Wow,  great visual! Although the plot itself is not smth I usually follow, now I've decided to try  the bcs of how good the leads look onscreen). 

Same !!

I like their chemistry.

I also have a thing for school dramas.

• Like 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Lighter & Princess 打火机与公主裙, premieres Nov 3, starring Arthur Chen & Zhang Jing Yi
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Lighter & Princess 打火机与公主裙, premiered Nov 3, starring Arthur Chen & Zhang Jing Yi
On 11/11/2022 at 4:02 PM, realistic2280a said:

Hm... i wanted to watch this.. but i tot ep1 and 2 seemed a bit slow...

Looking at twitter updates, maybe i shoukd start at ep10 when they started to have feelings :eatscookie:

This took me by surprise.

I really liked it from the get go.

• Awesome 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why there are not many posts and viewers for this drama?  It's really good and both the leads are super good.  I like CFY and I have been watching all his dramas and movies for his acting.  ZZY, this is the first one I am watching and I am impressed.  So I started watching 2021 drama Fall in Love for her and the ML CXX.  I love him too.  

This drama is really good and the leads fall in love naturally nothing dramatic as in other usual dramas.  But the ML is a jerk really.  Very arrogant, do not respect others and non-social attitude.  But it's the FL who changes him.  Everthing goes well when something unfortunate happens, breaking up and again rekindle their romance happens.  Waiting for the episodes is really killing me.  But we can read the novel which is being translated now.  There are so many aspects changed from the novel but the drama is looking great. 

Still ongoing but recommend for others.  Mine will be 4.5/5.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This drama has been liscensed by several streaming sites. Drama is region restricted so you must go to the sites to see if it is available in your country. All links working USA.  The drama is available with subtitles in multiple languages, including English. 

Youku YouTube Channel Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLATwx1z00Hsd0STNEmcKK-91jFX1cxC-f

Viki: https://www.viki.com/tv/38726c-lighter-and-princess

The drama ended earlier than expected.  Youko dedided to release the finale episodes on fast track yesterday itself.  It was a very very beautiful drama.  Lovely!!!! The leads, the extra actors everyone did a great job.  Highly commendable acting by CFY & JJY.  The chemistry was oozing out from the screen.  Like in the drama how their love gradually moves - like that their chemistry also slowly seen increasing day-by-day.  We can really see the difference- how they were awkward when did their first photo shoot and by the end of the drama how sweet they are.  Excellent drama. Calling@tothestars a big CFY fan I don't know if she watched this gem of a drama.  

4.8/5 for me.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1