[Drama 2023] Our Blooming Youth ♚ 청춘월담

Maetawinz

Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee’s Relationship Takes An Unusual Turn For The Better In “Our Blooming Youth”

Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee’s Relationship Takes An Unusual Turn For The Better In “Our Blooming Youth”

Our Blooming Youth” has previewed the ups and downs of Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee’s relationship in new stills!

tvN’s upcoming historical drama “Our Blooming Youth” tells the story of a prince suffering from a mysterious curse and a genius woman who is accused of murdering her family members. Their romance develops through the process of Crown Prince Lee Hwan (Park Hyung Sik) saving Min Jae Yi (Jeon So Nee) from her false accusation and Min Jae Yi saving Lee Hwan from his curse.

The first batch of photos captures the horrors that Lee Hwan and Min Jae Yi are each faced with. Lee Hwan is named the Crown Prince following the death of his older brother Prince Eui Hyun, but on the day he’s bestowed the honor, he runs into an uninvited guest. A ghost containing every curse in the world flies in to the palace like a mysterious arrow and threatens Lee Hwan, saying he will encounter a terrible catastrophe.

To make matters worse, palace officials are displeased with Lee Hwan suddenly becoming Crown Prince, so they criticize his every move and are busy trying to catch him slip up. Lee Hwan’s father, the King, feels oppressed by these ministers, and thus chooses to be equally as critical instead of caressing his son. If these ministers catch wind of the ghost and its curse, Lee Hwan’s title will be in even more danger.

While hiding this deep, dark secret, Lee Hwan attempts to find out who sent him this curse, leading to a dangerous fight in the fragile palace.

Park-Hyung-Sik-2-2.jpegPark-Hyung-Sik-3-1.jpeg

Coming from a rich and noble family, Min Jae Yi and her relatives were well-respected by their neighbors – but that all changes overnight. As if watching her family die isn’t enough, Min Jae Yi is falsely accused of murdering them and must run away from her home to escape the authorities. While trying to prove herself innocent, Min Jae Yi disguises herself as a man and wanders across the country.

She eventually finds herself working as a eunuch at the palace. How will Min Jae Yi develop a bond with the Crown Prince and how will he help prove her innocent?

Spoiler

Jeon-So-Nee-1-1.jpegJeon-So-Nee-2-1.jpeg

Although the two are clearly fated, their relationship is not an easy road. In their tense first photo together, Min Jae Yi is frozen with fear as she stares intently at the sword Lee Hwan has pointed at her. After being framed as a murderer, Min Jae Yi decides to run away and disguise herself, but it appears as if the Crown Prince has recognized her real identity.

Spoiler

Park-Hyung-Sik-Jeon-So-Nee-1.jpegPark-Hyung-Sik-Jeon-So-Nee-2.jpeg

However, their bond takes an unusual turn when they’re later seen together in the palace. Lee Hwan no longer appears wary or suspicious of Min Jae Yi, who is now a palace eunuch. After she fixes up his clothing, Min Jae Yi serves Lee Hwan tea and remains by his side. Why is the Crown Prince, who is known for his harsh personality, keeping suspected murderer Min Jae Yi so close to him?

Another point of interest is how this duo comes to meet. With Min Jae Yi’s family’s murder case causing a ruckus all across the country, there’s sure to be many risk factors in the palace. Given that risk, why has Lee Hwan allowed Min Jae Yi to follow him around like a shadow?

Spoiler

Park-Hyung-Sik-1-1.jpegJeon-So-Nee-3-1.jpegPark-Hyung-Sik-Jeon-So-Nee-3.jpeg

Start finding out the answers to all these questions during the premiere of “Our Blooming Youth” on February 6 at 8:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564230wpp/park-hyung-sik-and-jeon-so-nees-relationship-takes-an-unusual-turn-for-the-better-in-our-blooming-youth

Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee Dish On First Impressions, Being Great Acting Partners For “Our Blooming Youth,” And More

Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee Dish On First Impressions, Being Great Acting Partners For “Our Blooming Youth,” And More

Upcoming fantasy romance drama “Our Blooming Youth” stars Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee have joined Elle Korea for a pictorial and interview!

The pictorial reinterprets the story of the two main characters who become each other’s saviors in the drama through a mysterious atmosphere. In so doing, Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee surprised the staff on site by showing their ever-changing chemistry throughout the filming.

In an interview that followed the shoot, Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Hee, who are of the same age, shared candid thoughts about their first impressions of each other. Park Hyung Sik commented, “So Nee seemed cold at first. But that didn’t last long. Every time we exchanged lines, new sides of her continuously came out. We quickly became friends as we shared our concerns.”

Elle01.jpg

Jeon So Nee also shared her first impression on Park Hyung Sik. She said, “[My impression on] Hyung Sik stayed the same from beginning to end in a good way. He seemed friendly, polite, and professional in what he’s doing, and it turns out that is the case.”

Elle02.jpg

When asked how it was to be acting partners, Park Hyung Sik said, “So Nee has great reactions. Thanks to her, there were points in which I could perform with confidence.”

Jeon So Nee replied, “I feel the same. There was a moment when I could fully focus on my acting thanks to Hyung Sik’s reaction in an unexpected scene. On the first day that I experienced it, I even texted him to thank him.”

Park Hyung Sik recalled, “I remember that. After [we finished filming for] the scene, she suddenly said, ‘Ah, Hyung Sik, that was so great just now.’ I was surprised because it was the first time hearing an actor speak so frankly like this. At that time, I also had the same feelings [as So Nee].”

Spoiler

Elle03.jpg

Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee’s full pictorial and interview will be available in the February issue of Elle Korea.

Spoiler

Elle04.jpg

“Our Blooming Youth” will premiere on February 6 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564294wpp/park-hyung-sik-and-jeon-so-nee-dish-on-first-impressions-being-great-acting-partners-for-our-blooming-youth-and-more

Park Hyung Sik Talks About His Leading Role In “Our Blooming Youth”

Park Hyung Sik Talks About His Leading Role In “Our Blooming Youth”

Park Hyung Sik sat down to dish on his upcoming drama “Our Blooming Youth”!

tvN’s upcoming historical drama “Our Blooming Youth” tells the story of a prince suffering from a mysterious curse and a genius woman who is accused of murdering her family members. Their romance develops through the process of the man saving the woman from her false accusation and the woman saving the man from his curse. Park Hyung Sik stars as Crown Prince Lee Hwan, and Jeon So Nee stars as the genius woman named Min Jae Yi.

Describing his first impressions of the drama, Park Hyung Sik said, “While I was reading the script for the first time, I found myself falling deep [into the story] before I even knew it. I felt that the script had the power to draw viewers in, and I got really excited as as I wondered to myself, ‘What would it be like when this script is made into a drama?'”

On the character of Crown Prince Lee Hwan, the actor explained that he’d felt pity for the young prince, but had also been taken by his innocent charm and integrity. He compared his character to a bird of many colors, describing him as a mix of innocent, fearful, mature, and playful. In order to portray all of these diverse sides, the actor admitted that he had a lot to think about as he got into character. “I continuously thought, ‘If I were Lee Hwan, how would I feel, and what would I be thinking in this situation?’ I just did my best to stay true to the role.”

park-hyung-sik-1-1-1.jpeg

Of course, this romantic tale wouldn’t be complete without Jeon So Nee, who plays Min Jae Yi. Throughout the series, Lee Hwan and Min Jae Yi have many fateful meetings and must save one another.

Park Hyung Sik described their romance by saying, “From the moment Lee Hwan and Min Jae Yi meet until the very last moment, watching them feels like watching the four seasons.” He went on to explain that the freshness of spring, the heat of summer, the refreshing cool of autumn, and the cold of winter are all present in the two characters’ relationship.

park-hyung-sik-2-3.jpeg

Finally, when asked about what he thought was the drama’s focal point, Park Hyung Sik answered, “The growth of these young people as they solve and overcome each problem one by one.” Because of this, “Our Blooming Youth” is a series not confined by genre, giving viewers a little bit of everything: from romance, to mystery, to coming-of-age, the drama has it all.

Spoiler

park-hyung-sik-3-2.jpeg

“Our Blooming Youth” premieres on February 6 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564319wpp/park-hyung-sik-talks-about-his-leading-role-in-our-blooming-youth

Jeon So Nee Introduces The Various Sides Of Her Role In “Our Blooming Youth”

Jeon So Nee Introduces The Various Sides Of Her Role In “Our Blooming Youth”

Jeon So Nee has personally introduced her unique character in “Our Blooming Youth”!

tvN’s upcoming historical drama “Our Blooming Youth” tells the story of a prince suffering from a mysterious curse and a genius woman who is accused of murdering her family members. Their romance develops through the process of the man saving the woman from her false accusation and the woman saving the man from his curse. Park Hyung Sik stars as Crown Prince Lee Hwan, and Jeon So Nee stars as the genius woman named Min Jae Yi.

Regarding Min Jae Yi, Jeon So Nee shared, “Even if you disregard the time and space, she’s a cool person you can look up to. I was drawn to her combined intellect and physical abilities, as well as her sincerity in approaching acquaintances honestly.”

On why she chose to star this drama, Jeon So Nee explained, “It was because I had the greed of wanting to become Min Jae Yi and act out the various images of her using her smarts to investigate, doing martial arts, and using tricks to find her way out.”

Jeon-So-Nee-3-2.jpeg

The actress raved about how she’d be able to chat all night long about Min Jae Yi’s strengths then added, “She knows how to share what she has, save lives, and repay favors. She’s someone who makes sure their heart aligns with their words and actions, so I couldn’t help but like her.”

For her main acting focus, Jeon So Nee explained that she concentrated on emotion. “I tried to act just as I felt, without doing more or less. Even when I was dressed as a man, rather than appear completely as one gender through my voice and actions, I wanted to express her as someone who occasionally pretends to be a man, but also tries hard [to disguise herself] because she’s a woman.”

Jeon-So-Nee-2-2.jpeg

A key point of “Our Blooming Youth” that viewers are anticipating is the romance between Min Jae Yi and the Crown Prince. Jeon So Nee compared their relationship to a life or death situation and elaborated, “That’s because when they first meet, they both have to put their hopes to live on the other person.”

Jeon So Nee then dished on her chemistry with Park Hyung Sik, saying to her co-star, “With each scene, you could feel each of our desperation. As you did your best to be of strength to your opposing actor, it was very reassuring and enjoyable.” She added, “Thanks to Park Hyung Sik’s humor, the set atmosphere was always healthy and I received a lot of help.”

Lastly, Jeon So Nee picked the “interesting and colorful production” of “Our Blooming Youth” as the drama’s key point. She continued, “While feeling unfamiliar with the image of Min Jae Yi using a sword and kicking while wearing a skirt, I anticipate that [viewers] will also find it fun.”

Spoiler

Jeon-So-Nee-1-2.jpeg

“Our Blooming Youth” starts airing on February 6 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564572wpp/jeon-so-nee-introduces-the-various-sides-of-her-role-in-our-blooming-youth

I am reading the Chinese novel that this Kdrama is based on (90% done) and am looking forward to this drama and how they have adapted it. 

I really like PSH but I’ve not recall watching the FL before so will see. 

• Like 1

Watch: Rumors Swirl Around Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee While They Grow Suspicious Of One Another In “Our Blooming Youth” Preview

Watch: Rumors Swirl Around Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee While They Grow Suspicious Of One Another In “Our Blooming Youth” Preview

Our Blooming Youth” has shared a peek at its premiere episode!

tvN’s upcoming historical drama “Our Blooming Youth” tells the story of a prince suffering from a mysterious curse and a genius woman who is accused of murdering her family members. Their romance develops through the process of the man saving the woman from her false accusation and the woman saving the man from his curse. Park Hyung Sik stars as Crown Prince Lee Hwan, and Jeon So Nee stars as the genius woman named Min Jae Yi.

The new teaser for Episode 1 previews all the rumors and suspicions surrounding the Crown Prince and Min Jae Yi. While Lee Hwan proceeds with his day as normal, the people around him gossip that he’s unable to use his right arm due to a ghost’s curse. It doesn’t stop there, as others believe he killed his older brother in order to become the Crown Prince. However, there appears to be some basis to certain rumors as Lee Hwan struggles to use his trembling right arm.

Lee Hwan isn’t the only target of baseless rumors, as Min Jae Yi is accused of murdering her family even though she sees them die right in front of her. Desperate to prove herself innocent, Min Jae Yi calls out, “I swear on my life,” but she’s unable to stop the armed men who come after her.

Matters grow worse for Min Jae Yi when she crosses paths with Lee Hwan who states, “Murderer Min Jae Yi shot an arrow at the Crown Prince.” Although he narrowly misses getting hit by the arrow, the incident leaves the Crown Prince anxious and unable to sleep at night. Min Jae Yi is left in a similarly stressful situation as she’s chased to the edge of a cliff. How will these two escape such precarious situations?

Near the end of the teaser, Min Jae Yi confidently states, “I’m positive that the deaths of my family are connected to the Crown Prince.” With Lee Hwan suspicious of Min Jae Yi and Min Jae Yi confident that the Crown Prince holds answers regarding the death of her family, the clip ends with a tense moment of eye contact between the mysteriously connected characters.

Catch the full teaser here!

“Our Blooming Youth” premieres on February 6 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564770wpp/watch-rumors-swirl-around-park-hyung-sik-and-jeon-so-nee-while-they-grow-suspicious-of-one-another-in-our-blooming-youth-preview

“Our Blooming Youth” Director Dishes On Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee’s New Mystery Romance Drama

“Our Blooming Youth” Director Dishes On Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee’s New Mystery Romance Drama

Director Lee Jong Jae has shared his thoughts on his upcoming tvN drama “Our Blooming Youth”!

“Our Blooming Youth” will tell the love story of Lee Hwan, a crown prince suffering from a mysterious curse, and Min Jae Yi, a genius woman falsely accused of murdering her family. Park Hyung Sik will star as Lee Hwan, the prince who must clear Min Jae Yi’s name, while Jeon So Nee will play Min Jae Yi, the gifted woman who will remove Lee Hwan’s curse.

Lee Jong Jae, who previously directed the hit drama “100 Days My Prince,” remarked, “I fell for the charms of the historical genre after ‘100 Days My Prince,’ and I’d wanted to try taking on a new historical drama if the opportunity arose. Just then, this drama called ‘Our Blooming Youth’ caught my eye, and I was drawn to the charming way it did a great job mixing the mystery and crime-solving elements with romance.”

Park-Hyung-Sik.jpeg

As for what he focused on most while filming “Our Blooming Youth,” Lee Jong Jae recalled, “I paid attention to ensuring the mystery-solving journey would be easy to approach and understand, and in terms of the romance, I focused on capturing the emotions of each character.”

The director also revealed, “I wanted the drama to be visually beautiful, so we went around filming the drama in lots of different locations.”

“Rather than just pretty backgrounds, I focused on finding background settings that matched the emotions of each situation,” he went on to explain. “From action and chase scenes to romantic scenes, I put a lot of hard work into choosing locations that could bring the vibe and feeling of each scene to life.”

Jeon-So-Nee.jpeg

Finally, when asked what viewers should look out for in the upcoming drama, Lee Jong Jae replied, “Between Lee Hwan being cursed by a ghost and Min Jae Yi facing the death of her family, they share a fateful meeting and embark on a mystery-solving journey. I hope that you’ll enjoy watching their entertaining journey, as well as the friendship and love of the young men and women who grow within that journey. I hope you’ll also look forward to the great acting of the older cast members.”

“Our Blooming Youth” premieres on February 6 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565038wpp/our-blooming-youth-director-dishes-on-park-hyung-sik-and-jeon-so-nees-new-mystery-romance-drama

“Our Blooming Youth” Stars Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee Dish On Their 1st Impressions, Thoughts On Love, And More

“Our Blooming Youth” Stars Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee Dish On Their 1st Impressions, Thoughts On Love, And More

Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee of “Our Blooming Youth” have chatted about their first impressions, why they enjoy acting, the meaning of love, and more with Elle Korea!

tvN’s “Our Blooming Youth” tells the love story of Lee Hwan, a crown prince suffering from a mysterious curse, and Min Jae Yi, a genius woman falsely accused of murdering her family. Park Hyung Sik stars as Lee Hwan, the prince who must clear Min Jae Yi’s name, while Jeon So Nee plays Min Jae Yi, the gifted woman who will remove Lee Hwan’s curse.

Comparing their first meeting to their relationship now, Jeon So Nee remarked, “In a good way, Hyung Sik is the same. When we first met, he was friendly, polite, and looked like he would definitely do what he had to do. That’s exactly how he was. When you film for close to a year, there are days you’re exhausted and days that don’t go as planned, but he’s never shown himself losing composure. I guess I could say he’s constant.”

In response, Park Hyung Sik joked that Jeon So Nee was a good friend and the actress replied that she was being honest. Park Hyung Sik then shared of his co-star, “So Nee looked blunt and aloof at first. I thought to myself, ‘Ah, this won’t be easy.'”

When Jeon So Nee asked if he was serious, the actor elaborated, “Because I didn’t know you then. But that didn’t go for long. Whenever we went back and forth with our lines, I kept discovering new sides. Ultimately, we quickly became close while sharing our thoughts and concerns with each other. Additionally, while it’s easy to meet people on set who are similar in age as you, it’s hard to meet someone who’s the same age. In addition to So Nee, this set has a lot of ’91-liners so it’s interesting and nice to see.”

Jeon-So-Nee-3.jpeg

Park-Hyung-Sik-3.jpeg

Spoiler

Park-Hyung-Sik-Jeon-So-Nee-2.jpeg

In “Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth,” Park Hyung Sik portrayed King Sammaekjong, which is similar to his role as Crown Prince in “Our Blooming Youth.” Despite the potential similarities between the two characters, Park Hyung Sik touched on the differences, saying, “‘Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth’ is set in Silla, while ‘Our Blooming Youth’ is a Joseon Dynasty story, so the costumes are completely different. If you look at the characters’ positions, they seem similar at first glance, but they’re very different. If Sammaekjong is the process of growing with friends in a group called Hwarang, Lee Hwan is a bit more mature. I tried to unfold Lee Hwan by focusing on the things he had to protect and achieve as Crown Prince.”

An important part of Jeon So Nee’s role as Min Jae Yi is her dressing up as a man while running away from authorities. As this concept is adopted often in historical dramas, the actress was asked how her take on it differs from others. She responded, “To tell you honestly, I felt no pressure that this setup of a woman dressing as a man had to be different from other dramas. No matter the role, if you categorize it, you end up with no choice but to tie it up in one place. They can be restricted to their job, personality, or family situation. Fundamentally, when I take on a role, I have this greed that I have to do differently than if someone else were to do the role. So I’ve tried to differentiate myself as Min Jae Yi, not as a woman dressing as a man.”

Spoiler

Jeon-So-Nee-1-1.jpegPark-Hyung-Sik-1-1.jpeg

On why they enjoy acting, Park Hyung Sik shared, “Acting is…fun. Meeting new characters and expressing new emotions. The opposing actor also always comes with a different energy and personality. There’s a different kind of novelty that comes from that conflict. Given that, I grow curious of what’s to come this time. Of course good results aren’t always created, but it’s the process itself that I like.”

After sharing earlier that her love of acting is what’s most important, Jeon So Nee elaborated, “I have a childlike love for acting. My seniors and colleagues say this to me. ‘You’re so fascinating. I can’t believe you still like acting that much.’ Because I kept hearing that, I wondered, ‘Is eventually growing to dislike it the decided order?'”

The actress added, “I felt really comforted after meeting Jang Hye Jin. I gained hope from watching her sincerely enjoy acting. I hope that I still find acting exciting 10 to 20 years later. And I wish to dwell on acting. I want to continue being swayed by acting. Since I feel this way, it’s nice to meet other actors who have similar energy. I guess I could say I feel a hope that anything can happen. The hope that since that person also likes acting, if I approach them and show affection, we’ll be able to do something together.”

Spoiler

Park-Hyung-Sik-2.jpegJeon-So-Nee-2-1.jpeg

When the interviewer asked about their “life themes” for 2023, Park Hyung Sik recalled a recent trip he went on. “It was my first time going on vacation solely for myself,” he said. “If I went somewhere, it was for a schedule and I’d stay a bit longer after finishing the schedule. While on this trip, I wondered why I had been living all this time without doing this and I began thinking that I had been a bit indifferent to myself. I thought that I now want to use my rest time for myself.”

Jeon So Nee explained, “These days, I have a lot of interest in experiences. Regarding things that I’ve personally seen, heard, and experienced. I suddenly wondered whether we were living while relying too heavily on the experiences of others. From restaurants, travel destinations, and even movies, we look up reviews then make our decisions. I think the desire to not fail is what makes us look things up beforehand, but I think that ultimately makes us live the same. I realize that I’m also used to living this kind of life. These days, I want to personally experience things, both good and bad. I really want things to wholeheartedly be my own experiences.”

Park Hyung Sik elaborated on Jeon So Nee’s thoughts, saying, “I was originally that kind of person. As an example, there was a time I went to Thailand with my ZE:A members and one of the dishes that came out was tom yum soup. Because it was unfamiliar, no one was going to try, but after I tried one big spoonful like a food tester, they all began to eat it. I am always like that. I’m the type to try something out, no matter what. I don’t like having regrets. I want to try it out and then judge.”

Spoiler

Park-Hyung-Sik-Jeon-So-Nee-1.jpegPark-Hyung-Sik-Jeon-So-Nee-3.jpeg

After sharing their thoughts on life, the two actors shared their thoughts on love. Park Hyung Sik commented, “It’s something you obviously have to do. Whether the object [of affection] is your pet, family, or lover, I think love is something that always has to be in your heart. With love, my family’s influence was really big. I grew up in a house where we said ‘I love you’ everyday. Even while on the phone with my older brother, we say ‘I love you~’ I don’t think I ever thought deeply about love. Because it’s a given. But as I grew older, I became aware of the stingy world and realized that love is not something that’s obviously by your side.”

Jeon So Nee continued, “You know how there’s the fear of potentially not receiving as much love as you’ve given? I was like that. I didn’t like feeling upset so I thought, ‘I will just give enough to feel okay if I do not get it back.’ But that instead made me calculative. Then, there came a time where I had a change of heart and thought, ‘Let’s just see how much love I can give.’ That’s how my calculations stopped and I learned what a happy thing it is to give. These days, I’m very happy. Because I’m giving that love to my family and friends.”

Spoiler

Park-Hyung-Sik-Jeon-So-Nee-4.jpeg

The interviewer’s last question was asking the actors what promise they’ve made to themselves for 2023. Both stars shared that they hadn’t made any promises, with Park Hyung Sik explaining, “Because I’m incredibly spontaneous. I also feel like a promise with myself would feel like shackles.” Jeon So Nee chimed in, “I’m not a spontaneous person and have to keep to my word, so I intentionally don’t make any kind of promise. So for me it’s ‘because I really hate not keeping my word.'” Park Hyung Sik added with a laugh, “For me it’s ‘because I won’t keep it anyway,’ I’ll just live diligently each day!”

Catch the actors’ full interview in the February issue of Elle Korea! Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee’s new drama “Our Blooming Youth” premiered on February 6 and will air its next episode on February 7 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565618wpp/our-blooming-youth-stars-park-hyung-sik-and-jeon-so-nee-dish-on-their-1st-impressions-thoughts-on-love-and-more

• Like 1