[Drama 2022] If You Wish Upon Me ★ 당신이 소원을 말하면 ☄ Ji Chang Wook, Sung Dong Il & Sooyoung, Wed&Thu, also on viki and viu

agenth

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Ji Chang Wook And Won Ji An Have A Frighteningly Intense Encounter In New Drama “If You Wish Upon Me”

Upcoming KBS2 drama “If You Wish Upon Me” shared a glimpse of the precarious relationship between Ji Chang Wook and Won Ji An.

“If You Wish Upon Me” is a drama that was inspired by an actual organization in the Netherlands that fulfills the wishes of terminal cancer patients. A touching story will unfold as a young man who has been pushed to his limits by a life full of struggles goes to a hospice hospital upon a community service order and joins the hospital’s staff in fulfilling the the various last wishes of people who are at the final stretches of their lives.

Ji Chang Wook will be taking on the role of the Yoon Gyeo Re, who has fought desperately against the cold reality after going through life in an orphanage, youth detention center, and prison. He starts volunteering at the hospice hospital due to an accident, and he struggles again for the last time to survive.

Won Ji An plays Ha Jun Kyung, the human embodiment of a black swan. Having been abandoned by her parents, she grows up to be a person rooted in death and despair. She becomes obsessed with Yoon Gyeo Re after he lends her a helping hand for the first time in her life.

The newly released photos make drama fans’ heart race with nervousness. Yoon Gyeo Re and Ha Jun Kyung are looking at each other with resentment in the pouring rain, forming icy tension. In particular, Yoon Gyeo Re is screaming out his desperation, whereas Ha Jun Kyung looks both angry and sorrowful. Questions are rising about their backstory and how a crack appeared in their relationship.

Won-Ji-An-2-768x512.jpg

Ji-Chang-Wook-Won-Jin-Ah-768x512.jpg

Spoiler

Won-Ji-An-1-768x512.jpg

Ji-Chang-Wook-1-768x512.jpg

The drama’s production team commented, “Yoon Gyeo Re and Ha Jun Kyung, who are embroiled in a whirlpool of twisted fate, will engage in a tense war of nerves from the beginning to provide eye-catching immersion. Please look forward to the synergy of Ji Chang Wook, who is showing irreplaceable acting skills, and Won Ji An, who will portray an unrivaled presence.”

“If You Wish Upon Me” will premiere on August 10 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Ji Chang Wook And Won Ji An Have A Frighteningly Intense Encounter In New Drama “If You Wish Upon Me” | Soompi

• Like 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Ji Chang Wook Talks About His World-Weary Character In “If You Wish Upon Me,” What Drew Him To The Drama, And More

Ji Chang Wook talked about his role in “If You Wish Upon Me”!

“If You Wish Upon Me” is a drama that was inspired by an actual organization in the Netherlands that fulfills the wishes of terminal cancer patients. A touching story will unfold as a young man who has been pushed to his limits by a life full of struggles goes to a hospice hospital upon a community service order and joins the hospital’s staff in fulfilling the the various last wishes of people who are at the final stretches of their lives.

Ji Chang Wook will be taking on the role of Yoon Gyeo Re who has fought desperately against the cold reality after going through life in an orphanage, youth detention center, and prison. On his reason for choosing the drama, Ji Chang Wook shared, “I think I cried quite a lot after first reading the script. I was touched by the sad yet warm script. I was very drawn to the character of Gyeo Re. I felt greedy about wanting to express a character who is extremely pessimistic and lonely.”

Ji-Chang-Wook-2-1.jpeg

Regarding his character Yoon Gyeo Re, Ji Chang Wook remarked, “He has been hurt a lot by people, and he is someone who looks upon the world with a pessimistic view. Although he is lacking in some aspects, he has a side to him that you want to support and embrace.” He continued, “It was really a joy to act as Yoon Gyeo Re, and I worked even more excitedly on set because he is a figure that I have really been wanting to portray.”

Ji-Chang-Wook-3-1.jpeg

The actor chose the keywords “family,” “son,” and “love” to describe his character. Ji Chang Wook added, “Viewers will be able to understand Yoon Gyeo Re’s keywords even better if they watch the broadcast. The process of Yoon Gyeo Re entering the hospice hospital and changing after meeting Team Genie is very important. I talked the most about that with the director on set.”

Spoiler

Ji-Chang-Wook-4-1.jpeg

Ji Chang Wook shared, “I hope viewers feel warmth within Yoon Gyeo Re’s transformation and Team Genie’s story. It was a project I worked on very enjoyably and spent a lot of time laughing. I hope that the warm energy on set is well-delivered to everyone.”

“If You Wish Upon Me” will premiere on August 10 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

Ji Chang Wook Talks About His World-Weary Character In “If You Wish Upon Me,” What Drew Him To The Drama, And More | Soompi

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung Becomes A “Female Kim Jong Kook” For New Drama “If You Wish Upon Me”

Previews of Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung in “If You Wish Upon Me” are enough to pique your interest… and maybe get you off the couch!

KBS 2TV’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “If You Wish Upon Me” is inspired by an actual organization in the Netherlands that fulfills the wishes of terminal cancer patients. A touching story will unfold as a young man who has been pushed to his limits by a difficult life finds solace while helping others’ wishes come true.

Sooyoung will star in the drama as Seo Yeon Joo, a nurse at the hospice whose worst nightmare is losing muscle mass. Obsessed with exercise, she naturally becomes the icon of everything related to health, energy, and vitality.

Commenting on the drama, Sooyoung said, “When you think of death, the first emotions that come to mind are sadness and despair. ‘If You Wish Upon Me’ does tackle the subject matter of death, but it has a message of warmth and hope. I think that’s what’s appealing about it. As I was reading the script, I thought to myself, ‘Towards the end of my life, or the lives of those I love, I hope there will be many people around who are as warm as the people in this drama.’ That’s what led me to join the drama.”

Regarding her character, Sooyoung shared, “Yeon Joo is easygoing, honest, and always full of energy. Because of this, she’s like a source of light at the hospice. The thing I realized about the occupation of being a nurse while preparing for this role was that it’s one that really takes so much energy out of you. I found Yeon Joo, who looks after patients and their guardians without even a chance to sit down overnight, so amazing and admirable.”

She went on to describe Seo Yeon Joo as a “wonder woman,” “the female Kim Jong Kook,” and a “strange woman.” She explained, “She is a wonder woman because the hospice doesn’t seem to operate on its own two feet without her around. When a problem arises, Yeon Joo always pops up from somewhere. ‘The female Kim Jong Kook’ comes from her obsession with exercise and genuine sorrow when it comes to losing muscle mass. And ‘strange woman’ is what Gyeo Re [Ji Chang Wook] has been calling her since they first met. But there’s definitely something a bit eccentric about Yeon Joo. I think that’s part of her charm, so I picked that [as one of her keywords].”

sooyoung-6-1152x1536.jpg

Sooyoung also shared how she prepared for her role, saying, “I think I put the most focus on gaining muscle. Because of this drama, I had to befriend exercise, and I think my stamina increased, for which I’m thankful. As for Yeon Joo’s character traits, I didn’t want her to be someone that is just endlessly bright and energetic. Sometimes, people that are healthy and lively can be overbearing to be around. Instead, I wanted to portray her as someone that could be a comfortable friend to have around. I paid special attention to that aspect of the role.”

As for the drama itself, Sooyoung commented, “‘If You Wish Upon Me’ is like a gift set. Please look forward to ‘If You Wish Upon Me,’ which has bromance, romance, romantic comedy, thriller, and mystery all at once. I had so much fun shooting it, and it came out fun, too. I hope that it becomes a source of hope and rest for many that have gone through hard times.”

“If You Wish Upon Me” will premiere on August 10 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung Becomes A “Female Kim Jong Kook” For New Drama “If You Wish Upon Me” | Soompi

• Like 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Ji Chang Wook Charms With His Dual Sides In Upcoming Drama “If You Wish Upon Me”

Upcoming KBS drama “If You Wish Upon Me” shared new stills of Ji Chang Wook in character!

Ji Chang Wook will be taking on the role of the Yoon Gyeo Re who is barely surviving and holding on in the present without the will and determination to live. He is a “broken adult child,” and he has fallen into the habit of causing himself pain by getting tattoos all over his body. Yoon Gyeo Re has fought desperately against the cold reality, going through life in an orphanage, youth detention center, and prison.

The newly released stills capture the dual sides of Yoon Gyeo Re. In a couple photos, he’s wearing a worn-out track suit, and the collar of his white shirt is loose. There’s a simple smile on his face, but he raises questions as he tightly hugs a large suitcase with round, alert eyes.

Ji-Chang-Wook-3-2-800x533.jpeg

Ji-Chang-Wook-1-1-800x533.jpeg

The following photos show Yoon Gyeo Re wearing an all-black suit and exuding cool charisma. He gives off completely different vibes from the previous stills as he taps the hood of the car and hands a bundle of money to an unknown figure. Drama fans are paying keen attention to his mysterious backstory.

Spoiler

Ji-Chang-Wook-4-3-800x533.jpeg

Ji-Chang-Wook-2-2-800x533.jpeg

The production team shared, “Jii Chang Wook also paid a lot of attention to styling to highlight the reality of Yoon Gyeo Re. He will delicately portray his character’s outfits that change from time to time depending on the situation he is in as well as his complex and subtle emotions. Please look forward to Ji Chang Wook’s versatile charms that will be revealed in the broadcast.”

Ji Chang Wook Charms With His Dual Sides In Upcoming Drama “If You Wish Upon Me” | Soompi

• Like 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung Is Brimming With Fury In New Drama “If You Wish Upon Me” With Ji Chang Wook

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “If You Wish Upon Me” has shared an intriguing new sneak peek of Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung in character!

“If You Wish Upon Me” is a new drama inspired by an actual organization in the Netherlands that fulfills the wishes of terminal cancer patients. Ji Chang Wook will star as Yoon Gyeo Re, a man who has been pushed to his limits by a difficult life full of struggles. However, when Yoon Gyeo Re winds up having to volunteer at a hospice, he finds his life changing in unexpected ways while helping to make the patients’ wishes come true.

Sooyoung will star in the drama as Seo Yeon Joo, a tough and cheerful nurse at the hospice who is obsessed with exercise. Even when on a break, the health-conscious Seo Yeon Joo uses her precious time off to work out, and she’s never caught without her trusty dumbbell if she can help it.

Fortunately, her unrelenting obsession with muscle mass doesn’t stop Seo Yeon Joo from being great at her job, and when she’s interacting with patients at the hospice, her eyes are warm and full of concern.

Sooyoung-2-1-800x533.jpg

Sooyoung-3-1-800x533.jpg

However, a third photo captures an entirely different side of the usually angelic Seo Yeon Joo, who seems to be just seconds away from flying into a rage. Sitting up in bed with a ferocious glare, it’s clear that Seo Yeon Joo is none too pleased about whatever situation seems to have woken her.

Hilariously, even as she boils over with fury, Seo Yeon Joo is still clutching one of her beloved dumbbells in one hand.

Spoiler

Sooyoung-4-1-800x533.jpg

The producers of “If You Wish Upon Me” teased, “In the drama, Choi Sooyoung will portray the character of hospice nurse Seo Yeon Joo in a colorful way, and her character’s story will unfold in a way that is fun and delightful. Additionally, after she meets Yoon Gyeo Re, she will take viewers on a roller coaster ride of passionate acting, so please show lots of anticipation and interest.”

To find out what drives Seo Yeon Joo into such a terrifying rage, tune in to the premiere of “If You Wish Upon Me” on August 10 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung Is Brimming With Fury In New Drama “If You Wish Upon Me” With Ji Chang Wook | Soompi

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Ji Chang Wook, Sooyoung, And Won Ji An Talk About Their Exceptional Chemistry On Set Of “If You Wish Upon Me”

The cast of KBS2’s “If You Wish Upon Me” talked about the upcoming drama!

“If You Wish Upon Me” is a new drama inspired by an actual organization in the Netherlands that fulfills the wishes of terminal cancer patients. Ji Chang Wook will star as Yoon Gyeo Re, a man who has been pushed to his limits by a difficult life full of struggles. However, when Yoon Gyeo Re winds up having to volunteer at a hospice, he finds his life changing in unexpected ways while helping to make the patients’ wishes come true.

Regarding the drama, Ji Chang Wook shared, “All the actors including Sung Dong Il, Sooyoung, and Won Ji An had perfect chemistry from the first filming. It was a set that was as warm and enjoyable as the drama.”

Ji Chang Wook continued, “Due to the backdrop of a hospice hospital, I got to meet many actors, and it would get noisy when we gathered together to the extent that even the director had a difficult time. That’s how great the atmosphere was. I hope that the positive energy I felt on set is delivered well to the viewers as well.”

Ji-Chang-Wook-8-1536x1024.jpeg

Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung stars as Seo Yeon Joo, a tough and cheerful nurse at the hospice who is obsessed with exercise. She remarked, “I was excited from even before the script reading after hearing news that I would be working together with people that I am a fan of. We shared ideas freely on set, and everyone was receptive to all my ad-libs, so I filmed enjoyably.”

She continued, “In the scenes where Team Genie gathered together, I filmed while smiling every moment as if I was together with family. I miss them from time to time because we filmed enjoyably while being considerate of one another.”

Sooyoung-3-1536x1024.jpeg

Won Ji An plays Ha Jun Kyung, the human embodiment of a black swan. The actress shared, “I learned quite a lot while acting with senior actors that I respect. The more I acted with Ji Chang Wook, the more I learned a lot about Jun Kyung. While working together with Sung Dong Il, I felt warm every time for some inexplicable reason. Also, when facing Sooyoung, I was subconsciously attracted to her warm energy.”

Spoiler

Won-JI-An-5.jpeg

“If You Wish Upon Me” premieres on August 10 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Ji Chang Wook, Sooyoung, And Won Ji An Talk About Their Exceptional Chemistry On Set Of “If You Wish Upon Me” | Soompi

• Like 2