Event: Choose your kdrama adventure

Lmangla

chingus, did you ever read "choose your own adventure" books when you were a child? (they are also known as children's gamebooks in some parts). at the end of the chapter, the reader will get to choose what they think the character should do and depending on their choice, you read a particular chapter on a certain page. so depending on your choices, you could get different story outcomes... 

220px-Cave_of_time.jpg 

well, we are going to play a small game similar to that where you get to do decide which way the drama should go; 

here is  Episode 1 written by @Sleepy Owl : 

Ye Bin was watching her favorite TV show with her husband when her phone suddenly started ringing. She looked at the clock, and it was 11 pm.

"Who would call me this late at night" she wondered while going to her bedroom to get her phone. Before she would answer the call, the phone stopped ringing. Seeing a unknown number in the call history, she ignored it thinking someone called her by mistake.

She came back to living room only to see her husband not there. She Looked around the room and didn't see him. "When did he leave the room?" She wondered.

She went to the kitchen calling his name. It was dark. She tried turning on the lights, but only the small bulb in the kitchen switched on. "We need to call the electrician" she said to herself.

She then found a note on the fridge saying, "Today doesn't seem to be the right day to hunt, but it doesn't mean you are off my radar. Always be careful since I am always watching you". Fear took over her, and she suddenly found herself on ground. It was dark with only the kitchen bulb on, and there was pin drop silence.

"What's happening, I can't understand" she said while trembling.

Just then the door bell rang. It was Det. Lee Jae Ha along with a couple of constables. 

what do you think should happen next in ep 2: 

to see past options for votes, see here

Instructions: 

chingus, based on the option that gets the most vote, we EOs will write the next ep. you can also give us madcap suggestions as well. you have till 2PM KST Tuesday to vote for your choice for ep 2 and the next ep will be updated later. please also let us know that you are participating so that we can tag you once we have the next episode up. we will try to update the next ep poll choices by 2.30PM KST each day. the episode choices will be posted on this page itself (just see below; we have reserved the posts to be updated)

schedule:

Monday - vote for ep 2

Tuesday - ep 2 vote closes; vote for ep 3

Wednesday - ep 3 vote closes; vote for ep 4

Thursday - ep 4 vote closes; vote for ep 5

Friday - ep 5 vote closes; end of event!

so tune in this week everyday to see where this joint kdrama collective writing experiences ends up. lets have fun cooking up a kdrama together! will it be better than the ending of love and marriage season 2 ending (barf drama)? surely, we can beat any such madness right? :lol:

:tightdeadline:

thanks to idea inspired by a suggestion from @kismet22 

your friendly event organizers,

@partyon, @Lmangla, @Sleepy Owl, @agenth, @confusedheart 

tagging: 

Spoiler

@pompyavi @Drama Bowl @singlebilingual @Rockman @SilverDawn @Amirr  @larus @sadthe1st @Sarang21 @mirmz @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu @elan1 @twinkle_little_star @BlackLotus1025 @Thong Thin @kokodus  @Ameera Ali  @celebrianna  

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma @Skyline @HappyVibes @HR. @Lara2020  @graceyco @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @LAARNI @louie_999 @Lunita @RollyPenny @Sunnnnny @flashyymalditah @LovelyBirdAndYoo @Reena @ELFlamingo @Rogue85  @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar @reiko @@sinhvichuchu @danisnk222 @naul  

@choco milo @reasilvi @dolorisbrady  @willenette @rocher22  @africandramalover @Itsmylifeboss @k8telyn @lucia704 @The.Lannister @Chibi8535  @wze2702 @rubyminho @ElectricHearts @BinJinBest @QueenieBee  @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo @Smileforu  @kismet22 @rita96 @Missprincesa @Miadee @stellalafemme @Asgarla @vangsweetie637  @BinjinFangirl @pretty_JULY @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@vajandi @tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy @gnyaa @hahanzyy @superspace @Kool  @Ding77  @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy @Tracie13 @rukizie @kaykafisyah @cafe99 @danisnk222 @liv_well @kittyna @joybran @Edgar Pordwed @LiB for Velvet @samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @widala @dramafan33 @izziemazzie  @Joanna Alfson @kireeti2 @JJS's Fan-atics @leeminhosny @morningdew @ssteph @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236 @firebabe @inspiredbyshj @Mikayla Holloway @weirdnshort @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @Minbongyi  @Alice Wonderland  @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@UnniSarah  @strongtower @PeVe  @booha @forme26 fi @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella @Mocharel  @pauliza @Lj @princessaves   @valinor500 @Spring Mood  @FanMode101  @anyeze 

@Aolian @fragola @ncly @Olea @Denali @hola2jin @SCSfanz @selen4ever @xoxogkxoxo @debbsthebee @MrEildriz  @airgelaal @NoonaCaana @lebeaucouple @blingbling @billroberts  @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @sora sora @eLizza @Ms.sunshine @tothestars  

@pad-hari   @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye @BINGO_O @annaR @Jinnie @Firefly @CA C @widala  @JumboQueen  @SophieH @Poppy517  @Heretorant @gutterland @lexicon  @mademoisellesia @Areumdaun @extrodinairey @Senseandstyle  @MineunGoals  @erfatm @pixie0622  

@asiaren  @Poppy517 @Alila N @binderclips123 @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby   @belena @NYdoc  @Jernie @SexyDolceVita @Polka Dot @goshhh @Blithenostalgia @brooksmom @LeftCoastOppa   

@frozentundra  @Gretule @Combsmania  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru @itsmeash @RobinM @rocat  @Calli  @morganian  @lovehuche   @shadowhawk  @Rumaizah Muhammed  @iluvcalculus  @Hannahmiriam  @Tamakins  @musicalflow.  @fanofr  

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve  @Ching Geraldizo  @Ameera Ali @Emily Bett @willenette   @rocher22 @MayanEcho @Wuzetian @larus @gm4queen @sadthe1st

@Prettysavage @andy78 @Glam @shinkeru @TheQueenReturns @lilian c @admonike @Maliah @Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr @-JC- @jangmi92_ @dashling_ice @jessdsc @aimeeyoung @arushi nair @Songbae @D27Gjk68 @Winny   @Sunset @youactlikeicare @stella_512 @Kdramabae @Yumiyue @youngae @prince1401 @wildcherry @jongkkot @orion00 @Chibi8535 @inaho101 @Madu Mita  @JungRok @chickfactor @DrBooger @tiMadam @Andrea Balcazar  @hsmz @miss_vicky @Sky Kang @anjuliet 

@bee_wannabe  @tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 6
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 3

EPISODE 2 -- option that got the most votes

Ye Bin's heart almost stopped when Detective Lee Jae Ha uttered:

"We found your husband's body early this morning by the river. It seems he drowned. Our condolences."

"But that makes no sense! I was just sitting next to my husband on the couch 10 minutes ago!" Ye Bin replied.

Ye Bin explained about the creepy note and her husband's sudden disappearance, so the police proceeded to search for Ye Bin's husband (Dong Wook) inside the house and the neighborhood. But they couldn't find him. What was going on? Dong Wook couldn't be in the morgue and watching a movie with his wife at the same time?

There was nothing out of the ordinary in the house.

Oh, except for the fact that Dong Wook's passport was gone.

And one of the kitchen knives.

And that all the money from their joint bank account had been withdrawn.

To see the other options that were in poll, please click here

Edited by Lmangla
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

EPISODE 3 -- option that got most votes

5db1ef95dee019658605699b?width=1136&form

The police asked Ye Bin to come down to the morgue to identify the body. She let out a gasp as the white sheet was pulled aside and she stared at her husband's face. It made no sense!

"It looks like Dong Wook but we had dinner and watched a movie together way after you found the corpse! That cannot be Dong Wook!" Ye Bin explained to Det. Lee Jae Ha.

Det. Lee said: "Ye Bin-ssi, we're going to need an official statement from you as we will start an investigation. We will also wait for the pathologist's report. You say that your husband is missing. If he hasn't come home in 24 hours, please file a missing person's report. Naturally we need to do DNA tests too."

Ye Bin nodded and started crying. When Ye Bin got home, she searched the house. How odd that Dong Wook's passport was missing. Had he run away? Taking all of their money too? But why take the kitchen knife? She would have to call in sick tomorrow. Naturally. She was too upset. The lab would have to do without her for a day.

As she was getting into bed, her phone chimed due to an incoming SMS. She read it: "How well do you know your husband? Dong Wook is having an affair....."

Startled, she dropped her phone. 

To see the other options for past votes, click here

Edited by Lmangla
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

EPISODE 4 -- option that got the most votes

‘An affair?’ She repeated the words shakily. Ye Bin was lost in her thoughts when she heard the door open. It was their son, Ji Hoon. Kinchana, umma? He asked her gently. She embraced her son while tears streamed down her eyes It’s been months since she had last seen him.
Ye Bin arrived at the police station accompanied by their estranged son, Ji Hoon. Ji Hoon’s was Dong Wook and Ye Bin only son. He was the younger version of Dong Wook. Same height and built. Chung Hee starts questioning Ye Bin while Detective Lee questions Ji Hoon. ‘How will you describe your relationship with your abeoji?’ asked the Detective.

‘It was rather strained.’ said Ji Hoon with a pained expression on his face.

‘Care to elaborate, why?’ said the Detective.

‘I have failed my father multiple times. I have been trying to make a name for myself but…’ broke down Ji Hoon mid-sentence.

‘But?’ prodded the Detective.

‘But, all startup ideas have failed’, blurted Ji Hoon with an anguished cry.

‘Are you in debt?’ questioned the Detective.

‘I have incurred few debts. Business is after all a gamble. One must take risks to succeed,’ exclaimed Ji Hoon.

‘Do you still hold your abeoji responsible for your biological mother’s death?’ asked Detective Lee to Ji Hoon.

The Detective then turned to Ye Bin and asked, ‘Do you still hold Ji Hoon, your husband’s son, from another woman, responsible for your son, Baek Hyeon’s death 10 years ago?’

A stunned silence followed …

the soundtrack to listen to:

To see the other options for past votes, click here

Edited by Lmangla
post acting wonky!
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 5

EPISODE 5 -- option that got the most votes

Whisky-whiskey-scotch-burbon-alcohol.jpg 

Rewind to: 18 hours before Dong Wook vanished from his home.

Ye Bin had prepared everything. Dong Wook was passed out in the trunk of her car and she was driving him down to the river in the middle of the night. She was careful to avoid all CCTVs on the way and managed to somehow get Dong Wook out of the car into the water. She looked at him sink into the dark currents.

It was going to look like an accidental drowning or suicide. No one would ever suspect that she had slipped into his drink one of the experimental drugs she was working on in her lab. It was undetectable in a serum analysis. As he was still breathing when pushed into the river, he was going to die from drowning.

When the police collected Dong Wook's tooth brush for DNA analysis, little did they know that Ye Bin had switched out Dong Wook's toothbrush with a stranger's. That's why the police thought Dong Wook had merely run away with his passport and all of their money, and that's why the body was still an unidentified John Doe. She had burned Dong Wook's passport and the knife was in the bottom of the river. The creepy note she had written herself. And their money (now hers) she had transferred to the Bahamas.

Det Lee had always been clueless as long as she could remember, he would never find out.

Of course Ye Bin knew that Dong Wook was being unfaithful. She had always known, but this time it was different. She learned her husband was in love with his mistress. It hurt. The SMS she received from his mistress was a desparate attempt to get Dong Wook for herself.

Hah! Ye Bin would never allow it!

The mistress would forever believe that Dong Wook had left the country. Little did she know he was actually dead. Ye Bin smiled at the thought of the mistress crying her eyes out. Ye Bin had won! She smiled even wider when she grabbed her suitcase, sunhat and flight tickets, and closed the door to her home forever.

- THE END - 

To see other options for past votes, click here

Edited by Lmangla
show episode 5 after votes
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 7

On 9/26/2021 at 9:19 AM, Lmangla said:

here is the ep 1 written by @Sleepy Owl : 

Ye Bin was watching her favorite TV show with her husband when her phone suddenly started ringing. She looked at the clock, and it was 11 pm.

option 1: by @partyon

Hide contents

Oh, except for the fact that Dong Wook's passport was gone.

And one of the kitchen knives.

And that all the money from their joint bank account had been withdrawn.

option 2: by @confusedheart

Hide contents

‘Where am I?’ she thinks to herself when she notices a shadowy figure from the corner of her eye…Last she remembered was Detective Lee at her doorstep.

option 3: by @agenth

Hide contents

"What did he do this time?" In response the man brandished the note, relieved from the fridge, towards her face with satisfaction.

"I'll bring this to the Chief's attention. Thanks for keeping safe the evidence that your husband stole this," he said smugly.

option 4: by @Lmangla

Hide contents

It was the worst day of her life and ofcourse, it had to be Det Lee Jae Ha who had to come see her.

As a pretty bright 21 year old, she had found him too boring and serious to be a boyfriend. But what was worse was his lack of finances and his stone cold resolve to be a police officer. Ye Bin had wanted a comfortable life with lovely desinger things --

My fav parts of the story...       :cutekitty:

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

2 hours ago, Rumaizah Muhammed said:

Aaa.. never thought that option 3 is comedy... I already vote..

hahah it's okay :D

It's hard for me to write succinctly. I used to write collaboratively and create characters, rather than stories. I had written a different premise, though with the word limit, it was shelved. 

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

@partyon @agenth @confusedheart @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

Thanks for the invite. I must give thumbs up to all of you.

Thanks to your concerted efforts, starting this journey with a creative and compelling storytelling, we should be able to enjoy the process till the end of the ep.

I have voted, i prefer thriller and mysterious type of storyline, I look forward to a fascinating plots in the process...sorry guys, i hope not giving you any pressure in writing, but you guys are awesome :approves:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2

@lebeaucouple Thank you for your kind words, chingu! :kiss_wink:

Most of us are amateur writers but we’re all having so much fun.

:highonflowers:

Even though it doesn’t seem like it, the ending is already clear in my mind. Ye Bin, Dong Wook, Det. Lee, mistress(?) and a potential 5th character will all get their kdrama ending. Haha :D 

Will the truck of doom appear? 
:evilelmo:

Stay tuned chingus!

• LOL 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

Thank you chingu, OMG, you already have an ending in mind? :D

But the challenge for you is that it all dependent on the readers what they want the direction to be? It opens lots of window opportunities for you guys...

I am not good in writing but i love to read those individuals writing style and their divergent thoughts.....fighting !!!:allgoodlol:

• LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3