[Drama 2020 - 2021] Royal Secret Agent - Kim Myung Soo (L), Kwon Nara & Lee Yi Kyung

Ainee Etp

Drama: Royal Secret Agent / Secret Royal Inspector / Joseon Secret Investigation Team (literal title)

Hangul: 암행어사: 조선비밀수사단

Director: Kim Jung-Min

Writer: Park Sung-Hoon, Kang Min-Sun

Network: KBS2

Episodes: 16

Release Date: December 21, 2020 - February 9, 2021 (ended)

Runtime: Mon & Tue 21:30

Genre: Comedy

Set towards the end of the Joseon era, Sung Yi-Gyeom (Kim Myung-Soo) placed first in the state examination and he now works at the Hongmungwan (administrative and research department). He doesn't have a goal or ambition for his life. One day, Sung Yi-Gyeom is caught gambling. As punishment, he is assigned to work as a secret royal inspector. His job is to eradicate illegal acts and corruption by public officers. He carries out his new job with the help of Hong Da-In (Kwon Na-Ra) and Park Chun-Sam (Lee Yi-Kyung). Hong Da-In is a female inspector and solves cases with Sung Yi-Gyeom. Park Chun-Sam is Sung Yi-Gyeom’s servant. Park Chun-Sam is talkative, affectionate, and tearful.

Cast:

Kim Myung-soo - Sung Yi Gyum, Secret royal agent

Kwon Na-ra - Hong Da-in / Hongrang / Lee Young-sin

Lee Yi-kyung - Park Chun-sam

Lee Tae-hwan - Sung Yi-beom,

Jo Soo-min - Kang Soon-ae

Ahn Nae-sang - Jang Tae-seung, Chief Royal Secretary

Son Byong-ho - Kim Byeong-geun, Chief State Councillor

Choi Jong-won - Kang In-chung, corrupt sheriff

Shin Ha-young - Kim Mi-ok

Park Joo-hyung - Seo Yong

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Made this topic as I couldn't find any forum about this drama. I think this is a rather underrated drama (but fortunately the rating did justice to it).

I like how it does not have the usual cliche of kdrama, no romance makjang and no overcomplicated conspiracies.

Best of all, the visual part are good. After Park Hyung Sik, Kim Myung Soo (commonly known as L of Infinite) is the next idol I do recognize that 'act' like an actor, a big improvement from his previous dramas.