Lee Junho 이준호 of 2PM [Drama "King the Land" 2023]

czakhareina

2PM's Junho talks about working alongside Oh My Girl's Seunghee for Samsung

1629972997-240336346-360783749091857-689

2PM's Junho had recently worked along Oh My Girl's Seunghee in Samsung's new commercial for the Galaxy Z Fold 3. They showed great chemistry while recreating Lee Hyori's and Lee Seojin's commercial back in 2003. 

On August 23, Junho turned on an Instagram live broadcast and shared his feelings after doing the new commercial.

"The filming was fun because it was a tribute to the past original commercial. With some revision, it was almost the same. We tried the same angle and feeling," said Junho.

Then, he shared his feeling working along Oh My Girl's Seunghee. He said that Seunghee gave positive vibes during the filming. 

"She had done (the filming) well. She kept smiling, a real atmosphere creator," he said. 

In addition, Junho also collaborated with Samsung for the Galaxy Z Flip 3. He made his suit appearance for the commercial. 

"I wasn’t sure what you thought about it (the commercial), but many of you told me that you liked it. So, I felt good as well. I didn't use Galaxy Z Flip 3 on purpose. I just used it and ended up with the ads commercial," Junho said. 

Check out the commercial for Samsung Galaxy Fold 3 below:

LINK: https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/08/2pms-junho-talks-about-working-alongside-oh-my-girls-seunghee-for-samsung

• Blob 1

Flashback Article

2PM’s Junho Reportedly Donated Car To Facility For Disabled People During Military Service

Dec 1, 2019 | by S. Park

On November 30, CBS No Cut News exclusively reported on 2PM member Junho’s good deed.

According to the article, Junho donated a Hyundai Grand Starex to a facility for disabled people at the end of October. This car is worth about 30 million won (approximately $25,400) and he donated the vehicle using his own money.

Due to a severe shoulder injury and subsequent surgery in the past, Junho was judged unfit for active duty at the time of his enlistment in May. He has been working at this facility as a public service worker since June 28.

A source at the facility said, “In order for those at the facility to engage in external activities such as cultural experiences and adapting to society, we need a vehicle, and we had difficulties because we didn’t have one. After learning about this, Lee Jun Ho happily donated a vehicle.”

They continued, “Unlike initial concerns, Lee Jun Ho adores the children and is working hard. Lee Jun Ho didn’t want his good deed to be known to the public, but I wanted to give some good news for the end of the year.”

Junho debuted as a member of 2PM in 2008 and has appeared in many dramas and films as an actor.

Link: https://www.soompi.com/article/1368817wpp/2pms-junho-reportedly-donated-car-to-facility-for-disabled-people-during-military-service

5 Rising male actors in their 20s-30s who are ready to comeback to acting after completing their military service

1633121939-0000791956-001-20211001080029

Five rising male actors in their 20s-30s are expected to come back to the screen after discharge from military service. They are 2PM's Lee Junho, EXO's DO Kyungsoo, HIGHLIGHT's Yoon Doo Joon, Park Hyung Sik, and Lee Jong Suk.

Lee Junho has been active with 2PM's full group activities, and various variety shows since he was discharged from military service in March 2021. He will lead MBC's new historical fantasy drama series 'The Red Sleeve Cuff.' The drama will premiere on November 5.

Junho plays a perfectionist crown prince, Lee San, also known as Yi San, later becoming King Jeongjo of Joseon. Junho is ready to captive the viewer's heart by his charismatic monarch and acting skill. He is well-known as a talented actor who appeared in several dramas such as KBS2's Chief Kim and tvN's Confession.

LINK: https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/10/5-rising-male-actors-in-their-20s-30s-who-are-ready-to-comeback-to-acting-after-completing-their-military-service

Flashback Article

2PM Junho’s Action Skills Praised by “Memories of the Sword” Co-Star Lee Byung Hun

Jul 16, 2015 | by J. K

Actor Lee Byung Hun says he can’t believe that the film “Memories of the Sword” is 2PM member Junho‘s first foray into the world of martial arts acting.

Junho debuted with 2PM in 2008, and has since starred in the recent hit 2015 film “Twenty.” The upcoming movie “Memories of the Sword” will be his first time appearing in a historical film. He plays the character Yool who pledges his loyalty to Lee Byung Hun’s character in order to become the master of the sword. The film also stars Jeon Do Yeon and Kim Go Eun.

It’s said that Junho didn’t shy away from putting his all into the filming of each and every memorable scene.

His co-star Lee Byung Hun says, “He’s incredibly agile, maybe because dancing is second nature to him. I didn’t even believe it when I heard it was his first time doing an action film.”

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/751763wpp/2pm-junhos-action-skills-praised-by-memories-of-the-sword-co-star-lee-byung-hun

Flashback Article

[Eng Trans] ELLE 2017 December Issue Magazine Junho from 2PM (Interview)

23844594_1523010634400881_37523026715877

24232045_1536498896385388_83192175082239

Lee Junho’s Calmness

Living in Busan?

Junho: due to drama filming in Busan for two months. The production is “Just Between Lovers”.

What point are you attracted to?

Junho: the script gave a large tranquil feeling. It is about the pain a person went through living due to an accident, it is a script that does not require extreme emotions but just well-conveyed emotion. I have once wanted to act this type of role. I have shown a huge movement and enthusiasm in my previous work “Chief Kim” and this time, it is completely different.

You have written on Instagram that “I am now Kangdoo”. What type of person is Kangdoo?

Junho: when I first read the script, I thought that Kangdoo gives off the feeling of a stray cat. With his aimless life, the most important thing was to be able to live pass every day. He lived his life dangerously until he met Ha Moonsoo (Won Jin Ah).

How do you feel about a man living in slums?

Junho: words have became very little. The director hoped that Kangdoo is expressionless but a diverse type of expressionless. Additionally be emotionally devastated. I went to a wedding ceremony a while back and I was confused for a while. The feeling that I was not supposed to be present there.

You are very passionate about taking part in the entire process of your album and performances. What did you start from for this role?

Junho: when I was acting in “Chief Kim”, I went into the character of a villain and stayed at home alone. This time I did not prepare it that way. When there was no filming at Busan, I would stay in the room alone as I was having activities for my album too so it was tiring. It created a great situation for Kangdoo’s devastated image. Haha.

Even though you have your own approach for the character, isn’t it a little too swayed for your character?

Junho: I feel that it is the perfect and the way to grasp the character. Even if it is according to my framework, I am still the person acting it. Hence it is not tiring for me emotionally. It was very fun while filming the movie “Twenty”. It was also great to see myself like a fool.

You would compose whenever you have free days, did you get any inspirations during this production?

Junho: lonely and gloomy emotions. Emotions that I feel normally would be in the songs in a straightforward manner and the recent songs that I have wrote were slightly gloomy. They are greatly different from my previous works.

When do you feel the most happy in a day?

Junho: there is a sandbag in the dorm that I stayed in Busan. I released my stress by exercising and punching the sandbag.

What is one background song for Kangdoo that is from either your solo album or 2PM’s song?

Junho: a mini album that was previously released with the title track “Canvas” is very suitable. “If I do not have you, I am just like a crumpled piece of paper”, Kangdoo’s life without dreams and drive is just like the lyrics and Moonsoo added in the colours.

What is the song that is a suitable BGM to Lee Junho this person who walks on the road?

Junho: Daft Punk’s ‘Something about us”. Similar to this song, I like calm and dreamy melody, even though there were ups and downs, it seems to flow well too.

You have debuted as an actor through ‘Cold Eyes’, and you have told ‘ELLE’ in an interview that “even though I am very happy to have 2PM activities, I have a strong desire to get recognised as ‘Junho'”. Are you eager to be an actor?

Junho: I have the strong desire to be able to say my own perfect productions. I want to be able to hear “Lee Junho, he did it right” in all the productions that I have taken part as an actor. I hope to be able to do everything well. Haha.

What if you get praises from senior actors like Sol Kyung-gu, Jeon Do-yeon and Lee Sung-min?

Junho: After hearing it I will be able to catch the onsite film and changes quickly. Currently, I am filming with senior Na Mun Hee and she said, “you did well in acting kind. While acting, you need to be kind no matter what.” Is that a way to show care to the actors or with the character’s personality? Or is there any other meanings to it? I am currently troubling about this.

“Just Between Lovers” is your first lead drama. From an idol star to receiving recognition through your acting. All these has arrived for you.

Junho: Even though it is possible to become the lead at a quicker pace, but I wanted to let everyone to see my sincerity in acting first. I always have great desires to act well. If we eat something nice too early, the other food will become boring. This is the same too. If unsafe to have a bigger character first, it will be tire out too easily. This year, I have debuted aas singer for 10 years, when I get the role of the main lead at this time, it feels like I’m starting afresh.

Note: only translating the parts with Junho’s interview

Korean to English Translations by jerwiepenpan (Twitter)

Link: https://jerwiepenpan.wordpress.com/2018/07/13/eng-trans-elle-2017-december-issue-magazine-junho-from-2pm-interview/

Article retrieved from: http://www.elle.co.kr/article/view.asp?MenuCode=en010302&intSno=20276

Spoiler

23754831_1523010581067553_84777849171446

24774946_1536498893052055_58333047502566

Red Sleeve Cuff | Teasers

[ENG TRANS/SUBS]

" thought you are just one out of many court ladies. 
I thought it wasn't a big deal.
But now, I don't know.

You made me agitate. Like this, I'm in trouble"

The Red Sleeve premieres 11/5

"People in the palace are talking between themselves

that the crowned prince is a goblin crowned prince. Tiger crowned prince
 But the little me don't think so
Although, I'm just a court lady, I'll protect your majesty"

The Red Sleeve premieres 11/5

credit jlml718 | Twitter

2PM’s Junho Finds Himself Unexpectedly Growing Fond Of Lee Se Young In “The Red Sleeve Cuff” Teaser

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t
Oct 6, 2021 | by S. Nam

2PM’s Junho and Lee Se Young’s upcoming drama “The Red Sleeve Cuff” released a heart-fluttering new teaser!

Based on a popular novel, “The Red Sleeve Cuff” is a traditional historical drama that tells the record of an imperial court romance between a court lady who wanted to protect the life she had chosen and an emperor who put the nation first before love.

Junho stars as Yi San, the direct descendant and eldest grandson of the king, who will later become King Jeongjo. Lee Se Young stars as Seong Deok Im, a court lady who wants to make her own decisions about life rather than be one of the king’s many women.

The new teaser captures Yi San’s perspective on how he views court lady Seong Deok Im. The preview begins with Seong Deok Im picking out flowers as Yi San narrates, “You are but one of numerous court ladies, and I didn’t think you were even slightly important.” However, Yi San’s arrogance soon breaks as he begins to see the special and lovable nature of Seong Deok Im, who is more beautiful than any wild flower, has a smile warmer than the sun, and exudes elegance as she enjoys writing in the library.

Yi San suddenly appears in front of Seong Deok Im when she’s about to leave the library, making her flustered from almost bumping into him. Seong Deok Im takes a few steps back while Yi San observes her with a sharp gaze, approaching her one step at a time. Yi San breaks into an unexpected smile after reading the letter of apology from Seong Deok Im, and she responds with a mischievous smile of her own. He continues to narrate, “However, now I’m not so sure. You make me waver. This will be troublesome.”

The teaser of the prickly and arrogant Yi San gradually growing attached to the ambitious Seong Deok Im previews the upcoming romance to come. Already, viewers are looking forward to the sweet romantic chemistry between Junho and Lee Se Young.

“The Red Sleeve Cuff” premieres on November 5 and will be available on Viki. Watch the full teaser below!

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1492088wpp/watch-2pms-junho-finds-himself-unexpectedly-growing-fond-of-lee-se-young-in-the-red-sleeve-cuff-teaser

2PM’s Junho Lights Up When He Sees Lee Se Young In “The Red Sleeve Cuff” Teaser

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t
Oct 7, 2021 | by L. Kim

2PM’s Junho and Lee Se Young’s upcoming drama “The Red Sleeve Cuff” released another teaser!

Based on a popular novel, “The Red Sleeve Cuff” is a traditional historical drama that tells the record of an imperial court romance between a court lady who wanted to protect the life she had chosen and an emperor who put the nation first before love.

Junho stars as Yi San, the direct descendant and eldest grandson of the king, who will later become King Jeongjo. Lee Se Young stars as Seong Deok Im, a court lady who wants to make her own decisions about life rather than be one of the king’s many women.

The new teaser shows Yi San inside the royal palace. He is sitting quietly under the throne as he reads the people’s complaints. His face is shadowed with seriousness, and he exudes loneliness. Seong Deok Im’s voiceover shares that the court ladies talk about how he’s like a goblin or a tiger, highlighting his unapproachable aura.

Night falls, and it’s pitch-black, but Yi San is still sitting alone in the same place. He seems exhausted, but he strives to fulfill the expectations of his grandfather King Yeongjo (Lee Deok Hwa).

However, the room brightens with the appearance of Seong Deok Im as she gently places a candle on his table. Her voiceover says, “I think differently,” hinting she doesn’t think he’s a goblin or a tiger. Yi San’s expression softens as the ends of his lips curl up, and she smiles back as her voiceover continues, “I, a mere court lady, will protect you.”

“The Red Sleeve Cuff” premieres on November 5 and will be available on Viki. Watch the full teaser below!

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1492304wpp/watch-2pms-junho-lights-up-when-he-sees-lee-se-young-in-the-red-sleeve-cuff-teaser

Flashback article

"FAKE" INTERVIEW WITH TAECYEON AND JUNHO IN THE YEAR 2049

future+d+int..jpg

Source: Sports Joseon via NAVER

* Would 2PM Taecyeon and Junho still remain as 'beastly idols' in their sixties? Sports Joseon met Taecyeon and Junho 33 years later through MBC "Future Diary." Because it was currently difficult to meet 2PM as a whole, the two time traveling together became even more special. The hypothetical situation in the future gave the opportunity for the two to reveal their inner thoughts and future plans. Especially during the questions involving imagination, the two arranged a flexible response and laughter. Shall we meet the younger looking, 62 year old Taecyeon and Junho together?

Worked without rest as 2PM, we relied on each other." 

In order to look back at 2PM's history, we began to discuss about their first stage after from debut. In despite 40 year went by, the two clearly remembered the day as if was yesterday.

Junho: We made our debut at Jangchong Gymnasium that is now gone That was September 4th, 2008 right? I can't remember well.
Taecyeon: I think our seniors Big Bang were there, a fella named Yoonha made her comeback stage, and made our debut. 
He surprised everyone with his clear memory. Junho seemed to remember.
Junho: In order to practice our acrobatics, so we borrowed a gym nearby and warmed up for two hours. We did all sorts of things to make it big (laughs). Since I have lots of time in my hands now, all I do is recall old memories. I lay in bed, and just think about the past. 

What was the most memorable memory as 2PM?

Junho: When we made our debut and when we won the grand prize. There's a lot, but the most most memorable time was my first solo concert. 
Taecyeon: It was when we first received our #1 trophy. 
Junho: Because I have always been a singer, I want to die on stage. I still seem fine now, so I hope to make that dream come true one day. I will have my grave on stage and it'll devote my life. 
Taecyeon: Don't die~ (looks at Junho).

2016112501002112600142363_99_20161124111

2PM was initially known for idol acrobatic performances. Due to this, they often suffered from injuries. Taecyeon's past involved an injured muscle that required surgery, because he arm wrestled with Junho. Junho's past involved an injured shoulder that required surgery, because he fell after poor corporation with Taecyeon during practice. Even though this such a long time ago, did you guys resent each other?

Junho: We give and take from each other. Our relationship is deep into our bones. Bones were broken and shoulders were dislocated, but we give and take like presents (laughs). 
Taecyeon: You're fine these days right?
Junho: Spins well (rotates his arm).

Junho: Instead resenting each other, we resented the situation. Who knew an arm was going to brea and a shoulder was going to dislocated while practicing acrobatics? We just worked hard as always. I think we kept working without rest. There was always small and big injuries. Taecyeon always acted as the team's pillar and had a supporting role. While I'm suffering in the air, he's suffering on the ground. That's how we relied on each other. The two of us will be active till the very end.

It has already been 40 years of feeling sorry and thankful. Now it appears likely to separate. 

Taecyeon: Our identity is 2PM. Even if I quit, I don't think it will ever disappear. We were together since our late teenage years, so I never that thought. If we were to disband, we would had done up to 30 years and call it quits. If we were to split, why do it for 40 years? (jokingly laughs)
Junho: Now they're my life's companion (nods). 

Spoiler

2016112501002113700142443_99_201611241342016112501002112600142362_99_20161124111

LINK: http://2pmedia.blogspot.com/2016/11/fake-interview-with-taecyeon-and-junho.html

• LOL 1

2PM’s Junho Talks About His Chemistry With Lee Se Young And Lee Deok Hwa In “The Red Sleeve Cuff”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 8, 2021 | by C. Hong

2PM’s Junho talked about his upcoming drama “The Red Sleeve Cuff” and his work with his co-stars!

“The Red Sleeve Cuff” is a new traditional historical drama from MBC about the imperial court romance between a court lady who wanted to protect the life she had chosen and an emperor who put the nation first before love. Junho stars as Yi San, the direct descendant and eldest grandson of King Yeongjo (Lee Deok Hwa), who will later become King Jeongjo. Lee Se Young stars as Seong Deok Im, a court lady who wants to make her own decisions about life instead of being one of the king’s many women.

This is Junho’s first drama since his discharge from mandatory military service. Asked why he chose the project, he said, “The script was really interesting. It felt really comfortable and smooth to read.”

King Jeongjo is one of the most popular kings in the Joseon dynasty, which spanned 500 years. Junho said, “It’s true that I felt a sense of pressure about playing this character. He was someone who was always warm to the peasants but extremely strict to the people in the palace. I wanted to keep that immaculate inner side of him intact, but did my best to portray my own kind of Yi San as well. I’m also grateful that the costumes help bring the character to life. I hope that viewers will like the sight of me in royal robes.”

Junho also talked about how his character differed from the book that the drama is based on. “When I read the original book, Yi San is always seen from the perspective of Seong Deok Im,” he said. “So it’s hard to get a grasp on his feelings or his humane side. I think that the drama will show Yi San from more angles and you can learn more about his inner character.”

About the chemistry between him and his co-stars, he said, “Thanks to Lee Se Young, I’m able to film very comfortably. For a variety of reasons, she’s an actress that I match well with.” He added, “Lee Deok Hwa is an actor who is a good role model for his juniors. He’s always cheerful and makes the atmosphere on set brighter with his laughter. When our eyes meet while filming, it feels like we’ve slipped naturally into our roles as King Yeongjo and Jeongjo.” About Kang Hoon, with whom his character has a bromance, he said, “We have great chemistry. He’s an actor who is always thinking hard about the kind of acting he wants to show. I also think viewers should watch out for the chemistry between me and Oh Dae Hwan, who plays Kang Tae Ho.”

junho-the-red-sleeve-cuff-1.jpeg

Junho concluded, “I’m looking forward to Yi San and Seong Deok Im’s scenes in the library. The library is a meaningful place for both Yi San and Seong Deok Im, and the two make some special memories there. I think that the drama’s tagline, ‘The king loved the court lady. Did the court lady love the king?’, is the point that viewers should start at when watching the show.”

“The Red Sleeve Cuff” premieres on November 5 and will be available on Viki.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1492561wpp/2pms-junho-talks-about-his-chemistry-with-lee-se-young-and-lee-deok-hwa-in-the-red-sleeve-cuff