[Drama 2022] Sixth Sense Kiss,키스식스센스

larus

13 hours ago, morganian said:

Yeah, I thought it was 12 episodes too. I'm so used to 16-episode pacing now, anything shorter or longer feels too fast/slow. But some 12-ep-length dramas are paced really well; I really really hope this is one of them. 

I'm guessing Cha Minhoo is going to get nursed by Hong Yesool in the next episode? Some tropey forehead comparing like in 'Romance is a Bonus Book'? Or will Hong Yesool be carrying him on her back like in earlier episodes? 

I like the idea of this drama having 16 episodes as well. I mean, we are already in episode 8 now but they are not really falling in love yet. So I guess maybe in episode 9 or 10 they starts to (?) 

1 hour ago, dodomummim said:

I have searched some website for introducing this series and it was confirmed that there would be 12 episodes, I think it's sufficient for us and for this drama :)  But what should I do for awaiting to the late night of Wed 22nd June for next 2 episodes?

Yeah after did some little research, I think it'll be 12 episodes. Well,  maybe that's enough to see the development of their relationship, hopefully. Even though I'm quite worried they'll give sad, hanging or open ending :confounded: I'm traumatized following on going kdrama series. 

You're not alone. I'm so obsessed with this drama as well. :handsup:

Hold on.... It's only couple more days!! Just in case you havent seen the Ep 9 preview

• Like 2

23 hours ago, skinnyjeans said:

I like the idea of this drama having 16 episodes as well. I mean, we are already in episode 8 now but they are not really falling in love yet. So I guess maybe in episode 9 or 10 they starts to (?) 

Yeah after did some little research, I think it'll be 12 episodes. Well,  maybe that's enough to see the development of their relationship, hopefully. Even though I'm quite worried they'll give sad, hanging or open ending :confounded: I'm traumatized following on going kdrama series. 

You're not alone. I'm so obsessed with this drama as well. :handsup:

Hold on.... It's only couple more days!! Just in case you havent seen the Ep 9 preview

Thank you very much but there are couples of days. I must work 3 days before watching these 9th - 10th episodes of this series. I am very excited when following these love lines and in fact, I cannot recognize that I would like HSY loves CMH or she can restart loving her ex-lover. But I admire watching their kisses, very impressive and let everybody feel happy :D  

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote videos. Thanks!
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 10:59 AM, dodomummim said:

But what should I do for awaiting to the late night of Wed 22nd June for next 2 episodes?

Rewatch all of the released episodes to get all the stuff we missed the first time round. 

:hahah!:

There's so much physical intimacy in this kdrama. Thank goodness the chemistry between HYS and CMH is great.

Getting closer to the end of the series now (only 2 episodes left). Some loose ends that need closure:

- Who was the Mopix snitch?

- Will HYS regain her memories of CMH/the accident and how will she respond?

- Will Howoo and the doctor hook up again by the end of the series?

- Is Howoo going to die?

- Will people at work find out about the CMH/HYS office romance and how will this affect HYS? 

- What is the deal with the creepy barman?

I'm guessing the last 2 episodes will focus on the creepy barman and the Mopix curse and less on the CMH-HYS courtship. 

What are your thoughts? Any other loose ends that you can think of?

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

15 hours ago, morganian said:

Rewatch all of the released episodes to get all the stuff we missed the first time round. 

:hahah!:

There's so much physical intimacy in this kdrama. Thank goodness the chemistry between HYS and CMH is great.

Getting closer to the end of the series now (only 2 episodes left). Some loose ends that need closure:

- Who was the Mopix snitch?

- Will HYS regain her memories of CMH/the accident and how will she respond?

- Will Howoo and the doctor hook up again by the end of the series?

- Is Howoo going to die?

- Will people at work find out about the CMH/HYS office romance and how will this affect HYS? 

- What is the deal with the creepy barman?

I'm guessing the last 2 episodes will focus on the creepy barman and the Mopix curse and less on the CMH-HYS courtship. 

What are your thoughts? Any other loose ends that you can think of?

Hi hi I re-watched many times in English and also in my mother tongue in several subs. I can compare the interpretation quality of each version with the first English sub. Unfortunately, I cannot understand Korean though I have tried many times to learn Korean language. 

But in fact, with episode 9 and 10, I'm full of kisses of the main couples. But I wonder why colleagues of CMH/HYS cannot find out the secret love of CMH and HYS.  

Kiss Sixth Sense: Episodes 9-10

by Dramaddictally

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/KSS0910_1b.jpg

Comedy comes back this week, along with communication between our leads. The manufactured angst of the mystery plot line takes a backseat and we return to a more intriguing kind of tension: sexual tension. Have secret office antics ever been this fun?!

EPISODES 9-10 WEECAP

Can we all just take a moment to collectively squeal? We got so much of everything we asked for in these episodes, I instantly forgave last week’s mistakes. Funny and sexy are this drama’s strong suits and it hit its stride again straight away. We get tons of handholding, kisses, jokes, and flirtation — all before we finally live out “the future event.” With two more episodes to go, I’m nervous it won’t hold up, but this week gave me a lot to hope for.

We jump in where we left off, on a creepy country road, but luckily we don’t stay there long. Min-hu tracks down Ye-sool, quietly averting any kidnapping or crime, and the story moves on to resolve most of last week’s miscommunications within the first five minutes. Min-hu tells Ye-sool that he gets sick when he kisses someone but feels better around her (leaving off the piece about super senses for now). At first, Ye-sool thinks it’s just a ploy to hold her hand but begins to believe him when she thinks about her own reaction to kissing — and realizes she and Min-hu have this odd condition in common.

From there, the two move on to some serious adulting. Ye-sool apologizes for her behavior the day before and admits she was not really swayed by Pil-yo. Min-hu says it’s okay to fight, but asks her not to jump straight to breaking up and ignoring his calls. With his secret now in the open, the misunderstanding about Ji-young is also cleared up. We still get some jealousy from Min-hu that feels a bit dated, but it might be explained by his deep-seated insecurity about his abilities. When he finally comes clean to Ye-sool about his heightened senses, he tells her that he kept it hidden out of fear that she would be uncomfortable and not want to be around him.

Of course, Ye-sool can empathize with Min-hu’s fear. She never told Pil-yo about her sixth sense for the very same reason. The bond between Ye-sool and Min-hu is strengthened by these conversations and, in a scene that feels intimate, they each confess that it’s the first time they’ve told someone they dated about their powers. Throughout the course of the episodes, each independently decides that it doesn’t matter if the future Ye-sool sees between them is happy or not — they want to go for it anyway.

And here is where the squee factor hits record highs. Ye-sool runs (literally) to Min-hu’s apartment, rips up the contract she wrote, and tells him she wants a real relationship. She goes inside and we get the first of many fake-outs as to when these two will actually seal the deal. This time, they seem hot and heavy, but we see Jackson sitting safely by the side. When Ye-sool wakes up in Min-hu’s bed (and his sweats) while he’s in the kitchen cooking breakfast, I totally bought into it (I mean, we know Ye-sool can’t be trusted to interpret her visions. Maybe her premonition wasn’t their first time?) Alas, it didn’t happen.

In an effort to make it happen, Ye-sool tells Min-hu what clothes they’re wearing in her vision and both of them wear the same clothes every day for a week (lol) while work-related events get in their way. In the interim, Ye-sool puts her Planning Team 1 skills to use and develops a Kiss Risk Minimization Plan. The idea is that Ye-sool will kiss Min-hu (but not on the lips) so he won’t experience any pain, and he’ll do the same for her so she won’t be anxious about the future. At the office, they’ll make use of his super senses so Ye-sool can deliver signals about where to meet up for these not-on-the-lips kisses without getting caught. (This is the greatest use of their powers I can imagine and the drama gave me exactly what I didn’t know I wanted.)

After a while, all this foreplay becomes too much for our twosome to take it. Following a team outing where Min-hu gets drunk, the future finally comes to fruition. I’m not sure why, but I found the bed scene less affecting than it should have been. Was it because we’ve seen it for ten episodes already? Or because everything leading up to it was just way too much fun?

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/06/kiss-sixth-sense-episodes-9-10/

• Thanks 1

This is not the Kiss Sixth Sense webtoon/novel I’ve read. So disappointed that it changed so much and no actual suspense or how Yesul n Minhoo’s storyline actually unfold. Even their backstory of how they got the powers became unconvincing. The worst kdrama adaptation ever!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ayu Rashid said:

This is not the Kiss Sixth Sense webtoon/novel I’ve read. So disappointed that it changed so much and no actual suspense or how Yesul n Minhoo’s storyline actually unfold. Even their backstory of how they got the powers became unconvincing. The worst kdrama adaptation ever!

Hic I have not read the webtoon yet but for me, the end of ep 10 is really wonderful and no need to extend to 2 more episodes. Last night, I felt disappointed when watching the rest. Finally, I liked ep 6, 9, 10. Maybe I can re-watch them and won't watch other ones.

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2022] Sixth Sense Kiss,키스식스센스

completely agree with you all. I really liked the main couple until the last 20 mins of ep 12 - so out of character, making that relationship to tiring and toxic, we don't even know why they fight. The writer could have done so much fun office hijinks instead of stupid fights. It completely destroyed the drama. I am super disappointed.

• Like 3

Kiss Sixth Sense: Episodes 11-12 (Final)

by Dramaddictally

KSS1112_1.jpg

Our drama concludes this week, with predictable reveals, a gamut of tropes, and one too many nice, neat bows. Mysteries are solved and memories are retained, but can our couple slide into happiness? While we finally get an extended rehash of the past, the future is suddenly a lot less certain.

EPISODES 11-12 WEECAP

Is this the same show we’ve been watching for the past five weeks? Sure, we all knew the story was about take a cliff dive into the valley of cliches but I can’t imagine a less satisfying way to tie up all the threads. Rather than the waves of future happiness we were waiting for, we get a tsunami of tonal shifts, random storylines, and nonsensical filler — while simultaneously being robbed of seeing how Seung-taek and Ho-woo actually get back together. I’m glad it was only a twelve-episode run, but I would have been elated if it ended with Episode 10.

We finished last week with our happy couple finally acting out Ye-sool’s vision in Min-hu’s bed. This week we get the morning after where the tension is gone and “I love you” is in the air. But the good vibes are cut short when they kiss and Ye-sool sees a violent version of the future, where Min-hu is stabbed while trying to protect her. She keeps it a secret from Min-hu, while wondering if she can stop it from happening.

Meanwhile, Ye-sool’s mother’s new husband is hit by a car and seriously injured. The hit-and-run driver is KIM HAE-JIN (Um Hyo-sup) — Ye-sool’s favorite bartender (also, the man who intended to kidnap her two weeks ago). It seems that Hae-jin has been obsessed with Ye-sool’s mom since they were in college together, and he murdered Ye-sool’s dad in order to try to take his place (ya know, just your classic crazy). Both Min-hu and Ye-sool’s mother know about this but are surprised that Hae-jin has reappeared, since they thought he was dead. The two collude to keep the story a secret from Ye-sool.

By this point, Ye-sool is crazy in love with Min-hu and can’t bear the thought of her violent vision coming true. She tells Min-hu about it so he can be prepared (though Min-hu does not do the same for her, continuing to keep Hae-jin’s identity a secret). In an effort to change the future, Ye-sool decides to go to the US. She believes that if she is not with Min-hu, then he will not get hurt while trying to protect her.

Ye-sool doesn’t make it far before Hae-jin catches up to her. Not knowing he’s dangerous (because she’s been infantilized and kept in the dark), Ye-sool goes to Hae-jin’s bar where she feels safe. Of course, being the quintessential criminal that he is, he drugs her unconscious and takes her to the house where she grew up (which evidently has been sitting empty since her dad’s death). There, Hae-jin lights candles all around for extra creepiness and we see family photos with his face pasted over Ye-sool’s father’s.

Ye-sool escapes the house but, being chased, she runs onto a nearby frozen reservoir. It’s the location of her latest vision and she realizes this is where Min-hu will be stabbed. Ye-sool falls through the ice and into the water just as Min-hu arrives to dive in and bring her back to the surface. Under a blood moon, he gives her mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and we see flashbacks of the same event happening when they were kids. This is how they got their powers.

morehttps://www.dramabeans.com/2022/07/kiss-sixth-sense-episodes-11-12-final/

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 11:51 PM, stupidolive said:

completely agree with you all. I really liked the main couple until the last 20 mins of ep 12 - so out of character, making that relationship to tiring and toxic, we don't even know why they fight. The writer could have done so much fun office hijinks instead of stupid fights. It completely destroyed the drama. I am super disappointed.

Agree. The last twenty minutes do feel like we're watching a different couple. A little bit of bickering would have made sense. Even a bit of Hong Yesool complaining about Cha Minhu behind his back to her besties would have made sense too. But I am glad that it didn't end with a picture perfect 'destined to date' relationship.

The flashback at the start of ep 12 was cute though. Glad they put that in.