[Drama 2022] Our Blues, 우리들의 블루스

larus

Ep2 ratings at 8.736%.  

[Leadership] 'Our Blues' rises 8.7% in viewership ratings

2022.04.11  8:04am

[Joy News 24 Correspondent Park Jin-young]

Weekend dramas, including 'Our Blues' and 'My Liberation Journal', all rose in viewer ratings.

According to Nielsen Korea, an audience rating research company on the 11th, the second episode of tvN's Saturday-Sunday drama 'Our Blues', which aired on the 10th, recorded an audience rating of 8.7% based on paid platforms nationwide.

284b1487e708b1.jpgThe ratings for 'Our Blues' have risen. [Photo=tvN]

This is a 1.4 percentage point increase from the 7.3% obtained in the first broadcast, and the popularity was realized with an audience rating of close to 9% in the second episode. Writer Noh Hee-kyung's new work, 'Our Blues' is set in Jeju and features Lee Byung-hun, Shin Min-ah, Han Ji-min, Kim Woo-bin, Cha Seung-won, Lee Jeong-eun, Uhm Jung-hwa, Kim Hye-ja, and Ko Doo-shim.

https://m.joynews24.com/v/1469051

• Like 7

New Event Alert!:hooray:

Favourite Time Travel K-Dramas :offtospace:

Hop into a time machine with our latest event and go back in time or hurtle into the future with memorable and iconic Time Travel K-Dramas.  :eats2:

Vote for your favourite Time Travel K-Drama now!:piggydance:

Your event organizers:

“Our Blues” And “My Liberation Notes” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episodes; “The King Of Tears, Lee Bang Won” Hits New All-Time High

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Apr 11, 2022
by E. Cha

Several dramas soared to their highest ratings yet last night!

On April 10, both tvN’s “Our Blues” and JTBC’s “My Liberation Notes” saw increases in viewership for their second episodes.

According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of “Our Blues” scored an average nationwide rating of 8.7 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels. The star-studded new drama also remained first place in its time slot among the key demographic of viewers age 20 to 49, with whom it scored a nationwide average of 4.0 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1521517wpp/our-blues-and-my-liberation-notes-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episodes-the-king-of-tears-lee-bang-won-hits-new-all-time-high

I am glad that they are doing fine about ratings. I will watch the second episode sometime today.

• Like 7

- Why do I get the feeling that Ho Sik actually likes Eun Hee? In Kwon was egging him for a reaction during that basketball scene in Episode 1 and in the preview for next week, I think he was the one annoyed that she went with Han Soo to Mokpo.
- Isn't Han Soo the bank manager? Why is Myeong Bo's salary higher than him?
- Dong Seok has quite a temper, huh? I wonder what caused the estrangement between him and his mom. And they move in such a small community!

• Like 8

April 11, 2022.

It is refreshing to watch a drama that portrays ordinary people with whom we can well identify. It is equally invigorating to see our well loved actors and actresses take on roles that they have not played before.  In the first two episodes, I already noticed that Cha Seung Won, who normally plays assertive roles appeared sad, worried and amblivalent about his future.  Han Ji Min who played kind hearted roles is rather coquettish as Young Ok.  Lee Byung Hun is also playing a character that he has not played before.  Writer Noh Hee Kyung is most perceptive in casting her characters and should be congratulated.

Han Soo lied about his separation from his wife.  I hope Jung Hee would not be blinded by love and be cheated by Han Soo.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, peonie said:

April 11, 2022.

It is refreshing to watch a drama that portrays ordinary people with whom we can well identify. It is equally invigorating to see our well loved actors and actresses take on roles that they have not played before. 

re: actors taking on roles they have not played before - can I just say that I am digging this laid back, working class character that Kim Woo Bin plays here?:wub: Even Jung Joon chopping fish was sooo manly. Haha!

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

I finished episode 2. One of the reason I like this type of stories is that we can see realistic stories and characters, no good or evil characters. They are like real people with good qualities and weaknesses, who made good or bad decisions like any of us.

I can feel and see how Han su is depressed. He and his wife not only have lived separetly for 7 years but they both struggled to get money for their daughter. They sacrified too much until now and gave up now it could be like a failer but Han su`s wife is right. They should come back in Korea and not continue anymore. I think she will come back without Han su`s approval. Han Su is wrong that he wants to create a false image of him, to manipulate Eun Hui because of her feelings just because he wants to borrow money from her. I think she would have gave him if he had asked her. I am sure that she would have lend him. I don`t understand why he did not asked. He was ashamed, he thought she would gave refused. He doesn`t trust her or not knowing very well. Now, she will feel so hurt when she will find the truth. I know that he feels guilty, he likes her but he will hurt her. She remembers the good old times feelings and all the feelings and regrets that were buried deep down and starts to think it is possible to re-ignite them.   I think both will enjoy the time together and both need a companion.But he is married and he should have told her the truth.

Dong-Seok was hurt that Sun-A rejected him after she came to Jeju 7 years ago. He has a quick temper.:) She had a story, she had a reason she needed to spend time with an old friend but she was not ready for romance with him. Perhaps he should have asked what is wrong, why she came back. They did not comunicate well. So sad that he cut the relationship with his mother. I wonder why. We`ll find out later. 

It is cute how Jeong-Jun likes Yeong-Ok and is good to her without many words. But who was the one she went after the message? Another story to unfold. 

I liked the scene when Han Su came to the market with Eun Hui and he saw all those people working hard at the market. Everyone is working hard to make a living.

And the scene where Han Su and young Han su threw themselves into the waves of the sea. The same gesture but so different emotions.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, larus said:

He has a quick temper.:)

I just finished Ep 2 as well, and a quarter of the way through it I thought, Almost everyone on Jeju Island yells a ton! Haha.

Is anyone else having a hard time shaking off the image of the housekeeper in Parasite when they see Eun Hui? :lol:

I like how even though they're focusing on Han Su and Eun Hui in these first two episodes, you still get a glimpse of what everyone else is going through. I've never seen Kim Woo Bin in anything, but I'm enjoying his role here. And the reunion between actresses Ko Du Shim and Kim Hye Ja (the two older ladies at the market) is fun to see. They were in Dear My Friends together.

Like you all I'm curious what the backstory is between Dong Seok and his mom.

10 hours ago, scribbledjunkie said:

Isn't Han Soo the bank manager? Why is Myeong Bo's salary higher than him?

I had that same question. Isn't Han Su now Myeong Bo's boss?

Omo, that bathroom scene at the class reunion was so long! And funny. And then Eun Hui came out of the bathroom stall.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Is anyone else having a hard time shaking off the image of the housekeeper in Parasite when they see Eun Hui?

Never saw Parasite but I saw Lee Jung Eun in a couple of dramas. Speaking of Eun Hui. She has a quick temper also. It was funny how she kept calling his younger sibling to yell at him while the hairdresser washing her hair (she supposed to be relaxed :w00t:) .

7 hours ago, STARSX said:

The cinematograpy in here itself need a praise, It's  awesome.Feel like healin

Indeed very beautiful .

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I just saw ep 2 - I thought HS and EH’a story has become so predictable and I am not fond of it - because we all knew the con was coming since ep 1. I am also sad since EH’s character is THE BEST thing about this drama (My favorite scene was when EH was at the salon and yelling at her brother lol); and here she is being reduced to a rich spinster exploited because she too wants love.

I also do think HS likes/adores EH, especially how and what she makes him remember about himself. Even after this — he still goes through with his stupid con despite his wife and daughter also being over it. At this point, it’s clear that it’s about him and what he wants - he isn’t listening to anyone. Ironically, even he is annoyed that he can’t live up to his younger self - as indicated by the scene when he went swimming and you see his younger self being disappointed in him for still trying to con EH. It’s only episode 2 and I pray this con doesn’t drag out —- writer please surprise me! 

Also, I actually disagree with this drama being realistic, in my opinion - it isn’t to me. Yes, while the characters and situations are focusing on real issues and average people lives e.g., debt, first love, relationships - how to say - there is a heavy ‘feels good Kdrama’ stylistic/tone to it. Ah like other users posted - this is a healing drama??Like Hometown Chax3 too.

Whereas if you watched ‘My Liberation Notes’ - you can see the difference re ‘realistic’ in terms of characters, style/tone, and storyline. There’s waaayyy less focus on ‘feel good’ narration etc. Not to say that, you can’t have feel good in realistic dramas - you can just not saturated. That may be another feel good drama in the end but via a different approach

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 3

April 12, 2022

Netflix K-drama Our Blues: Lee Byung-hun, Shin Min-a and Kim Woo-bin among stars in rich and romantic ensemble drama

• This ensemble K-drama series, set on Korea’s famous Jeju Island, is a Love Actually-like collection of romances
  • Strong performances from stars including Lee Byung-hun, Shin Min-a and Kim Woo-bin, and well-written storylines make this a sure-fire hit

Pierce Conran

+ FOLLOW

Published: 12:45pm, 12 Apr, 2022

spacer.png

Kim Woo-bin in a still from Netflix K-drama Our Blues, set on South Korea's famous Jeju Island 

This article contains minor spoilers.

With the cherry trees in full bloom, spring is well and truly in the air, and ushering in the fragrant new season in grand fashion is the Korean drama series Our Blues.

From revered writer Noh Hee-gyoung, known for tender, character-driven dramas such as Dear My Friends and Live, this ensemble romance is set on the South Korean holiday island of Jeju.

The combination of cast and writer has made the show a sure-fire hit straight out of the gate, with the highest premiere rating of any cable-TV drama shown in South Korea this year.

Lee Byung-hun is back as a small-screen lead for the first time since Mr Sunshine, Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha’s Shin Min-a looks to have picked another hit, and Kim Woo-bin makes his long-awaited return to acting, five years after being diagnosed with nasopharyngeal cancer; now recovered, Kim was last seen in the 2016 film Master.

But while these three big names, and others, are already dancing around the fringes, Our Blues begins its overlapping tales of romance, reminiscent of the film Love Actually, with that of Choi Han-su (Cha Seung-won) and Jung Eun-hui (Lee Jung-hyun).

Choi is a bank manager in a city on the Korean mainland, who is struggling to keep the wolves from the door as he drives himself into debt paying for his daughter’s training to become a pro golfer in America.

He’s transferred to a branch in Seogwipo on Jeju Island, his hometown, where he reconnects with his first love, Jung, who has made a fortune as an earthy fishmonger.

Soon after we first meet Choi hustling on the street, he stubs his toe so seriously that he’s forced to peel off a broken nail and walk around the bank in a sandal, surely a nod to Cha’s perpetually sandal-wearing, eczema-suffering lawyer in last year’s One Ordinary Day.

spacer.png

Lee Jung-eun (left) and Cha Seung-won in a still from Our Blues.

While Choi nurses his stubbed toe, in episode two, after welcoming Jung to his flat, he fusses over her cut finger, which she injured slicing off fish heads.

Choi dresses her minor wound, which might seem like a touching gesture except that we already know he’s seriously considering a renewal of their relationship – to get his hands on some of her money.

Although for different reasons, one financial, the other emotional, Choi and Jung are both wounded animals, and when pushed to the edge, a wounded animal thinks only of self-preservation.

We can see what that means for Choi, but how will Jung-hui react if and when she finds out she’s being led on by her childhood crush?

While this story, which will soon include Jung-hui’s friend Go Mi-ran (Uhm Jung-hwa), who is also about to return home from the mainland, takes up the lion’s share of Our Blues’ first two episodes, we also get a look at the rest of the community, catch hints of other love stories or witness the seeds of new romances sprouting.

These include one involving Lee Young-Ok (Han Ji-min), one of Jeju’s famous haenyeo divers (women who go below the waves to harvest seafood and seaweed), a bright young woman who also moonlights at a small eatery.

The handsome but somewhat taciturn captain of her boat is Park Jeong-joon (Kim Woo-bin), who is clearly interested in Young-Ok but isn’t sure if her behaviour towards him is part of her flirty demeanour or something more intentional.

spacer.png

Shin Min-a (left) and Lee Byung-hun in a still from Our Blues.

Then there’s Lee Dong-seok (Lee Byung-hun), another Jeju native who drives a truck around the island selling wares and produce. Local viewers will get a kick out of seeing superstar Lee recording the names of items for his loudspeaker, just like the recorded merchant’s voices that drift in and out of earshot as the little trucks totter up and down the island’s streets.

Lee, who we meet dozing behind the wheel on the ferry, has a nasty temper behind his outgoing salesman persona, which a group of middle-aged local women soon discover as he throws a tantrum upon hearing that they’ve been buying from another truck.

He shows similar behaviour in a flashback from seven years earlier. The scene begins in idyllic fashion, with Lee behind the wheel of a red convertible, which is tearing across a beach at night, with the beautiful and beaming Min Seon-ah (Shin Min-a) by his side.

It’s worth mentioning that Lee and Shin last shared the screen 17 years ago in the action noir classic A Bittersweet Life.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Cha Seung-won in a still from Our Blues.

As dawn breaks Lee leans in for a kiss, after which Min becomes reserved and decides she wants to go home. Lee, who feels entitled to more, doesn’t respond well and displays somewhat toxic behaviour, which the show does point out as a character flaw.

The beautiful Jeju location and wonderful performances, aided by Noh’s naturalistic dialogue, make Our Blues an easy ride that gets off to a strong start. The Choi and Jung storyline is quite compelling, mixing nostalgia with life’s disappointments.

Hopefully the coming weeks will unspool tales that are just as engrossing in the series’ other threads.

Spoiler

Screen_Shot_2022-04-12_at_2.40.55_PM.png

Lee Jung-eun in a still from Our Blues.

Our Blues is streaming on Netflix.

Source:  https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/k-pop/k-drama/article/3173950/netflix-k-drama-our-blues-lee-byung-hun-shin-min-and-kim

• Like 6

WoW. What an all-star cast lineup. Nice to see Woo Bin 'gain.. he looks so damn good. I like the song "Quando Quando" in the background it really suit the mood of the drama. It also has "Hometown Cha Cha Cha" vibes..

The young past selves of Han Soo and Eun Hee are too adorbs. The present Han Soo sigh poor guy. Maybe he should listen to his wife, daughter and call it quits with the golf. 

I am real intrigued by Woo Bin's soon to be budding romance with Ji Min LoL. Their height difference is cute too. Also interested in the drunk feuding dads' teenage kids who seem to be a couple? Though the daughter act... er not very daughter like ha-ha. 

Whereas the other dad beating his poor son for just coming in second? Really now tsk tsk. He seemed a warmer son compared to the daughter and still cared for the crass dad.

• Like 5

First 2 episodes...SUPER SLOWMO Show , also does SMH's stylist loves to dress her up in Purple/Pink/Violets for beach based shows? lmao.

LBH going off on villagers the scene was so hilarious for no reason well done hahaha....

I did like the show , I mean at times it feels like documentary but so be it , maybe different format is the need of the hour haha.

KWB back after so Long...missed the guy so much onscreen.

Regarding Han Su and Eun Hui, EH isnt dumb being a businesswoman herself she might realize sooner or later <hope not too late> that HS isnt the real self anymore. But I sort of get where HS is coming from, he is super desperate <if anyone saw Squidgames you know what the Debts and Money desperation leads to > , for HS its a thin tricky line but desperate times call for desperate measures. Not AT ALL Defending his actions but can see why he is doing that.

• Like 6

New poster with Kim Woo Bin and Han Ji Min

Our Blues’ Cha Seung-won × Lee Jung-eun → Han Ji-min × Kim Woo-bin Barton Touch

2022041301000802900034451.jpg

Following Cha Seung-won and Lee Jung-eun in 'Our Blues', the episode of Han Ji-min and Kim Woo-bin unfolds in earnest. tvN's Saturday-Sunday drama 'Our Blues' is an omnibus drama that tells the story of the 14 main characters' lives in Jeju.

It is the next work of writer Noh Hee-kyung, who wrote 'Live', 'Dear My Friends', and 'It's Okay, That's Love'. attracted a lot of attention. On the 13th, the production team released the poster for episodes 3 and 4, which will be broadcast this week.

Episode 3 contains the last story of the episode 'Han-su and Eun-hee', in which Choi Han-soo (Cha Seung-won) and Jung Eun-hee (Lee Jung-eun) are the main characters, following the first and second episodes. As interest in how the Mokpo remembrance trip, which is predicted to be in conflict, will end, the image of the two friends in the poster contrasts with the salty reality touches the heart.

The 4th episode follows the episode of ‘Young-ok and Jeong-jun’ between the haenyeo Lee Young-ok (Han Ji-min) and the captain Park Jeong-jun (Kim Woo-bin). The released poster raises expectations by foretelling the romance of the 'haenyeo and the captain' who started to get excited.

Meanwhile, tvN's 'Our Blues' airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:10 pm.

https://www.viva100.com/main/view.php?key=20220413010003445

• Like 6