[Drama 2022] Our Blues, 우리들의 블루스

larus

it's time to let go. new stills.

Spoiler

hai everyone. :D another hard hitting episode that got me glued to the screen entirely. my heart breaks in pieces for the characters. to be honest, this little girl is so cute and so good at crying (for the story). not sure how they achieve the hundred moons from just a few of them going out to the sea though. but I'll go along with it and at that moment, I find myself wishing or praying that Man Soo would recover too, because it's just too sad that halmoni Chun Hui's only son is leaving the world before her. the mother gave so many spoilers that I knew I can't handle this much sadness. but you're right the stories are getting more depressing. the stories just get more tragic because it's written by writer No Hee Kyung. she writes stories like this. coming to think of it, I also like It's Okay That's Love 2014 by this writer. the writer saves the best for last to the Baeksang winners Gu Doo Shim and Kim Hye Ja. I ended up catching tonight's episode instead I do feel sorry for Dong Seok and can understand the deep seated hate he has for his mother. and it's going to end with the death of Dong Seok's estranged mother. anyhow, now in preview, his mother will pass away next episode. also Young Ok will go meet Jeong Jun's parents. :innocent:

source

• Like 4

Ep 18 Review..

Why was it so short?

Man Su is Alive their prayers were heard by the Sky and Writer Nim...THANK YOU......

Yeong Ju is having contractions and the Kouple of the Year is crying holding hands...and Eun Hui blasts at them Rofl...

With Dong Seok and Omoni...I feel, you know when Everybody Literally everybody started lecturing him to tend to her , they dont the whole story for them DS is an angry Man, but saying so the Fathers preaching him that he should tend to her (I get she is old and terminally ill) but they were angry too at their Teen kids when they wholeheartedly confessed they are pregnant and are almost about to ruin their future, they were disappointed! As a parent if you have the leverage to get disappointed so can the Son !!! Parent Child relationship goes both ways and it takes time to come around,I dont know the entire deal but the I dont agree how everyone basically kept on saying we get you when they really didnt, for them it was more on how he was being a brat than understanding...it happens but it is not fair tbh.

Lol Old age people are impatient and do forget and take time to complete things, I could feel his frustration to the bone when they missed the Boat lol....Hope Episode Mokpo is healing not me bawling out again lie I did for last week and yesterday's episode.

Omo this is ending ..no can it go on and on...such a Nice heartfelt show....

• Like 3

Dong Seok's mom is really very odd. I really want to know what her story is and why she treated Dong Seok the way she did. No wonder he held such a grudge for so long.

Hyeon was cute being a concerned father-to-be. Poor Young Joo.. I guess that's why they advise women to have kids young? Though Young Joo should've gone for C-section. 

The end scene where Dong Seok was trying to stay patient and rush to board the ship and of course they missed was so funny! 

Sigh wouldn't it be nice if I had a friend like Eun Hee LoL? She'd guarantee pick up my call and help whenever, however; no questions asked. Nice to see Seon Ah is doing better and coping well. 

• Like 3

Here is the ratings for Episode 18! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Our Blues” Heads Into Final Week On Its Highest Ratings Yet

As it hurtles towards its highly-anticipated finish, tvN’s “Our Blues” has soared to a new all-time high!

On June 5, the star-studded drama—which has just two episodes left in its run—achieved its highest viewership ratings to date ahead of its final week. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Our Blues” scored an average nationwide rating of 12.5 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all channels.

“Our Blues” also took first place in its time slot among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned a nationwide average of 5.1 percent.

“Our Blues” Heads Into Final Week On Its Highest Ratings Yet | Soompi

• Like 4

May 6, 2022

Our Blues – K-Drama Episode 18 Recap & Review

05/06/2022 by Greg Wheeler

Ok-Dong and Dong-Seok 1

Episode 18 of Our Blues starts with Dong-Seok again. This time though, we see him washing and drying his clothes, polishing his shoes and messaging Seon-A. She admits that she’d be happy if he just showed up out the blue, so Dong-Seok sets his alarm and prepares to leave.

Ok Dong rings him though, repeatedly, as he’s supposed to be taken to his father’s memorial service. This was, of course, loosely agreed during episode 17. Anyway, Dong-Seok refuses to pick up her calls, much to Eun-Hui’s annoyance when she finds out.

Eun-Hui rings Dong-Seok and tells him outright that Ok Dong has terminal cancer. There’s a long pause. “So?” Dong-Seok says. Eun-Hui continues on, pointing out that she doesn’t have long left and she needs to do this for closure.

Dong-Seok shows up to surprise Seon-A but notices her with Tae-Hun and Yeol, about to go out for dinner. Dong-Seok decides to drive off, honking his horn repeatedly in frustration, believing that they’re together again. His heart is shattered and he heads back on the ferry to Jeju Island. Ah, the misunderstanding trope strikes back!

A small glimmer of light here comes from Eun-Gi, who happens to be across with Man-Su while he’s recovering. Despite being in a critical state last episode, it actually looks like her prayers have worked and he’s pulling through!

It’s still not great but Chun-Hui does get to see a video of her granddaughter excitedly chirping and singing to her about how her father is okay.

In-Gwon and Ho-Sik double-up on Dong-Seok, demanding he follow them so they can discus what’s happening to Ok Dong.

Eun-Hui fronts this brigade, demanding he drive Ok Dong  up to Mokpo. After winding up In-Gwon, who starts taking his clothes off and preparing to fight, Eun-Hui calms everything down. She brings up the past and admits that she used to cry for Dong-Seok and what happened.

After Dong-Seok’s sister Dong-I passed away, Ok Dong remarrying and moving in with someone else less than a month after, upset a lot of people – Eun-Hui included. She felt sorry for Dong-Seok and cried for him.

The thing is, Dong-Seok actually witnessed his mum and his friend’s father (the one she remarried) sleeping together, and that’s what tarnished their relationship. There is more, but we’ll get to that in several paragraphs’ time.

With Ok Dong throwing up blood and on borrowed time, Eun-Hui urges Dong-Seok to give in and  reconcile things with his mother. He’s stubborn though and Dong-Seok refuses. Jeong-Jun has a very different tact, and he drives out to the coast, stopping so they can watch the absolutely breath-taking sunset.

The sky is lit up orange and red, blushing through the clouds. Honestly, I cannot put into words how beautiful this vista is.

Anyway, this gives Dong-Seok some perspective as he admits to himself that he feels weird following the news about Ok Dong. When he shows up at Seon-A’s house, she rings him and Ok Dong has a neutral venue to vent his feelings to.

For Ok Dong, he sees this journey to Mokpo as a way of her picking a fight with Him and rubbing his nose in the past.

These wounds with Ok Dong Ok run deep, stemming from how he was basically shunned and abandoned by his mum in the past. After losing his father and his sister, Ok Dong told him “I’m no longer your mother. I’ll be your aunt. Jong-U and Jong-Cheol will be your siblings.”

Despite objecting, she slapped him over a dozen times, beating him down until he bled. So obediently, he no longer looks at her as a mum, she sees her as an aunt. But then Jong-U and Jong-Cheol used to beat him too, sometimes in view of Ok Dong who did nothing to stop it.

Seon-A listens to all of this and tells him to do whatever his heart thinks is right. She also believes he should confront her and ask Ok Dong these difficult questions about her not being a good parent. Not only that, Seon-A admits that she doesn’t have feelings for Tae-Hun anymore… she has feelings for him.

The next day, while eating Sundae Soup, he finds out when the memorial service is and agrees to see her at 4am. Everyone, including Eun-Hui, are really happy and Ok Dong even decides to eat more broth. It would seem like this is what she wished for with the 100 moons at the end of the last episode.

In the middle of this, Yeong-Ju is rushed to hospital despite being a month early. Jung-Hyeon is a mess, and the group head in to the clinic. Ho-Sik and In-Hwon are outside holding hands as they admit to Eun-Hui that she’s been having contractions for over 10 hours now.

Yeong-Ju is called into the delivery room, as Eun-Hui, In-Gwon and Ho-Sik all cross their fingers and hope for the best.

Meanwhile, Ok Dong is unable to sleep all night and counts down the hours for Dong-Seok showing up to take her to Mokpo.

OK Dong tests his patience the whole time, constantly riling him up and encouraging him to do a number of different chores. Because of all these delays, they miss the morning ferry. “Let’s have breakfast first.” Ok Dong says, as Dong-Seok looks at his mother incredulously.

The Episode Review

This show has been such a rollercoaster ride of emotion over the weeks and episode 18 is no exception. While I was under the assumption that Man-Su had passed away at the end of episode 17, it’s a relief to find he’s pulled through.

It also brings the focus of Eun-Gi and the others praying into a lot more context, showing that they’ve had their prayers answered, in one way or another.

There’s a lot of baggage to unpack between Ok Dong  and Dong-Seok but finally we learn why Dong-Seok isn’t happy with his mother. It’s a really heart-breaking story and it works wonders to reframe their relationship and why he’s had such animosity toward him.

I can’t even imagine laying a finger on my children but seeing Ok Dong repeatedly slapping Dong-Seok was a tough watch.

The moments of levity in this episode work really well break up some of this heavy drama too. Seeing Yeong-Ju about to give birth and In-Gwon and Ho-Sik now together in their worry and angst, is a really nice touch, although I have to say I thought Yeong-Ju might have miscarried, given the tone of this show over the previous chapters.

We’re onto the final week now though and this wonderful anthological drama looks set to close out with a bang.

Previous Episode

Next Episode

Expect A Full Season Write-Up When This Season Concludes!

Categories

Drama, romance, TV Shows

Tags

2022, Cha Seung-Won, Han Ji-Min, kdrama, Kim Hye-Ja, Lee Byung-Hun, Lee Jung-Eun, netflix, Shin Min-A, tv shows, Uhm Jung-Hwa

Source: https://www.thereviewgeek.com/ourblues-s1e18review/

• Like 2

NEW EVENT!  

Favourite K-Dramas based on Web - Novels, Webtoons & Manhwa  

Vote NOW!  :piggydance:

Chingus, love them or hate them! You can’t ignore them. :coolshades:

K-Dramas inspired from manhwa, webtoons and web-novels are making a big splash in the entertainment industry. Vote for your favourite K-Dramas and let us know the ones you absolutely hated.

re:  Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @partyon

We have to remember that the flashbacks we're seeing are based on Dong Seok's memory of the situation. Ok Dong halmeoni is tight-lipped as ever and I can totally understand her son's frustration. 

I guess, since she's illiterate, her plan was to have another family take in Dong Seok as their son (transfer his name to their family registry) because she cannot possibly raise him after the death of her husband and daughter. How she ended up marrying the guy (I guess the wife got sick based on previous episode flashbacks?), should hopefully be explained on the final week. 

• Like 3

June 6, 2022

"Our Blues" Chun Hee makes a difficult decision, and the 100 moons Eun Ki has been longing for really appeared! (ep.17) (a translation) 

Korean Drama Sunday, June 5, 2022 14:05 Sani  

spacer.png

Photo credit :  Netflix 

When Chun Hee is seen crying,  one can not help but cry together with her.  Just hope that her life is not so bitter!   

tvN healing drama "Our Blues Time" tells the story of the life of the residents of Jeju Island's Pureung  Village.  In the last episode, Chun Hee's son was in a coma from a car accident and his daughter-in-law couldn't bear to let her know, and her granddaughter Eun Ki is looking forward to her parents picking her up and bringing her home. The reality is whether it will work out according one’s wishes…….

Chun Hee  decides to let go

Chun Hee slowly found a way to get along with her granddaughter, and the relationship got better and better.  However, but she still could not figure out the lies about her daughter-in-law.  When Eun Ki talked to her friend and mentioned that his father was in the hospital, Chun Hee rushed to the hospital after learning about it.  She saw his son who has been lying unconscious in a hospital bed for over a month.  Chun Hee gave her bankbook to her daughter-in-law and instructed her:  If the doctor thinks the time is up, let him go.

Screenshot_2022-06-06_at_2.12.44_PM.png

On a night of heavy rain in Jeju, Eun Ki looked at the photos of Chun Hee's deceased husband and three sons, and said that her father had told her that the dead would become stars in the sky. Chun Hee emotions finally poured out: Your father is a liar! What's the use of being a star? He will turn into dust and never come back!

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-06-06_at_2.13.23_PM.png

Eun Ki's 100 Moons

Dad once told Eun Ki: There are 100 moons in Pureung Village, and that by making a wish on them, 100 wishes can be granted at once.  Eun Ki slowly discovered that what his father said was true: Chun Hee is a champion diver,  dolphins are jumping on the surface of the water, but only 100 moons are nowhere to be seen.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-06-06_at_2.13.33_PM.png

The hospital gave Eun Ki’s father a critical illness notice, but the storm was too strong and one has to wait until the next day. Chun Hee asked Jung Joon, Eun Hee  and others to call in many fishing boats to light up the lights in the night, as if 100 moons really appeared on the sea.  Eun Ki made 100 wishes on these 100 moons, and the only wish was that her father would come back healthy.

Screenshot_2022-06-06_at_2.14.07_PM.png

In the preview of the next episode, Young Joo was wheeled into the hospital with a painful expression when she was still a month away from her due date. Eun Hee tells Dong-seok about Ok Dong’s cancer, but Dong Seok is still stubborn: What's the big deal about cancer? Why do I have to do my son's duty only now? He drove Ok Dong and Chun Hee on the road without a happy face, and decided to express the long-standing doubts in his heart.

Source: https://www.koreastardaily.com/tc/news/141663

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Bae Hyun Sung On His “Our Blues” Role, Love For Kim Woo Bin And Park Seo Joon, And More

Bae Hyun Sung recently spoke about his role in “Our Blues,” his hero Kim Woo Bin, his role model Park Seo Joon, and more!

tvN’s “Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters. The star-studded cast includes Lee Byung HunShin Min Ah, Kim Woo Bin, Han Ji MinLee Jung EunKim Hye JaUhm Jung Hwa, and more.

While the cast includes numerous well-known actors, Bae Hyun Sung is one of the drama’s youngest and newest stars. Despite both him and his co-star Noh Yoon Seo being lesser-known to the public, their storyline is not one to brush over.

Bae Hyun Sung plays sweet high school student Jung Hyun and Noh Yoon Seo plays his girlfriend Bang Young Joo. In Episode 5, the young couple find out they are pregnant, and in Episodes 7 and 8, they face the wrath of their disappointed single fathers, who have dedicated the past 20 years to raising them.

Regarding the couple’s difficult situation, Bae Hyun Sung commented, “It’s something I’ve never experienced before. For aspects I didn’t understand, I listened to the stories of my friends who got married early and I tried to immerse into the situation while reading the script. While acting, I understood Hyun’s situation, as well as his father’s. Since my personality is similar to Hyun’s, I think I would’ve made a similar decision.”

Contrary to the complicated relationship Hyun has with his father Jung In Kwon, played by Park Ji Hwan, Bae Hyun Sung spoke fondly of their bond in real life. He commented, “He came out with a scary image in his last project. I was thinking of that image when I approached him but he said, ‘you’re my son?’ and was pleased. He’s very emotional and sweet. He enjoys poems. As soon as we met, he said ‘call me father’ and looked after me kindly. Thanks to my father In Kwon, filming was fun and I went out and about in Jeju in the middle of filming to eat.”

Bae-Hyun-Sung-1.jpeg

Bae-Hyun-Sung-2.jpeg

Bae Hyun Sung reflected on his first meeting with his hero and “Our Blues” co-star Kim Woo Bin, whom he said he fell in love with when he first saw him in “School 2013.”

He explained that while he was super nervous for his first “Our Blues” filming because it was a project by writer Noh Hee Kyung and because there were so many senior actors, he was extra nervous at the thought of meeting Kim Woo Bin for the first time. Bae Hyun Sung commented, “I went with the thought that I definitely had to greet him. I remember seeing him and being unable to say anything at first because I’m such a big fan. In the scene where all the senior actors meet altogether, they took care of me so well. I think this will become a memorable project.”

Spoiler

Bae-Hyun-Sung-3.jpeg

While enjoying his life as a regular student, Bae Hyun Sung received a proposal through social media to make his acting debut. After finally convincing his family, Bae Hyun Sung moved from Jeonju to Seoul in 2016. Although his parents were initially worried and against his decision to pursue acting, Bae Hyun Sung says they’re now his biggest fans.

“I started acting in 2018 with tvN’s ‘What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim,'” he shared. “I think it’s fun to act as a character that’s different from your regular personality. In my next project ‘Gaus Electronics’ [literal title], I appear as the son of the president of the main characters’ rival company. There’s a different sort of fun from the original [webtoon] character and I think I’ll be able to showcase a cunning image.”

Spoiler

Bae-Hyun-Sung-4.jpeg

Lastly, Bae Hyun Sung chose his labelmate Park Seo Joon as his current role model. He explained that while he’s seen Park Seo Joon in dramas before his own debut, the acting advice he received after meeting Park Seo Joon in person has served to become groundwork for him.

As Bae Hyun Sung only made his debut a few years ago, he has a lot of career goals, such as starring in a romantic comedy, an action project, and playing a character that mixes both good and evil. But ahead of everything else, he shares that he dreams of becoming a cool senior actor who leads the set atmosphere like his “Our Blues” co-stars do now.

“Our Blues” airs its final two episodes on June 11 and 12 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Bae Hyun Sung On His “Our Blues” Role, Love For Kim Woo Bin And Park Seo Joon, And More | Soompi

• Like 3

I cried so much when watching Eun-gi and the others praying to the 100 moons. The incredibly sweet and touching way the community came together once again to make a little magic for a little girl, the little girl crying her heart out for her dad to get better, and then of course, Chun-hee, crying for her last living child. Then you had Eun-hee and Ok-dong, who were crying and praying for Man-su and his family, but also crying and praying for themselves because they had both lost so much, too.

:tears: (Ugh, I'm crying again.)

==

This is Ok-dong's character description (translation):

http://program.tving.com/tvn/ourblues/3/Contents/Html?h_seq=2

Kang Ok-dong

Mid 70s (age), she grows peppers, potatoes, perilla leaves, etc. on a small farm and sells it at a weekday market. Dong-seok's mom.

She speaks so little that other people may think she is mute (although she grumbles to herself a lot). Unsophisticated, so brusque that she appears to lack emotions, and all she does is work. She may appear gentle to others, but to Dong-seok, she is neither gentle nor affectionate.

Born in Mokpo, her parents worked on a boat and she lost them at age 10 when their house burned in a fire. She and her younger sister worked in restaurants or cleaned others' houses. (Her sister lived in Mokpo and died a few months ago from cancer. She called for Ok-dong so much as she was dying, but Ok-dong couldn't go because she doesn't know how to read or how to find her way around. And then she heard about her sister's death afterwards.) Neighbors introduced her to Dong-seok's father who was a laborer, so she married him and came to Jeju. Then her husband died in a storm.

After that, she dragged her daughter who was afraid of water into the ocean and they became "hanyeos" together. (Ok-dong was afraid, too. All she did before was farmwork.) Because they needed to make a living. But how can this happen? Her daughter lost her life in the ocean, too. Ok-dong wasn't scared of the ocean that killed her husband, but she began to hate the ocean that killed her daughter.

How can she survive now? How can she raise that rough boy Dong-seok? And that was when it happened. She no longer had the confidence to continue living. So when her husband's friend Park Seon-ju asked her to live with him, she impulsively agreed. Living with him meant that she would become a mistress, that she would have to take care of his sick wife who was almost a vegetable, that she would have to raise his kids like they were her own, and be accused of betraying her husband with his friend by the neighbors, but she didn't refuse. This way, she could raise Dong-seok and she didn't have to go into the ocean again. That was enough.

But her son Dong-seok keeps picking fights with her.

He says that his life is terrible because of his mother.

Ok-dong did not care.

==

This is just a guess, but I think Ok-dong and Chun-hui conspired to make Dong-seok miss the ferry on purpose. To force him to spend quality time with her.

I also think despite all the snarling, vicious hostility that Dong-seok showed to his mom, there was a reason that he parks his truck near the spot where she sells her vegetables. He's angry and resentful, of course. But if you really hate someone, you do not choose to work every day parked 20 feet from the person you hate.

It's like how Ho-sik and In-gwon were angry at each other for years, but they lived upstairs-downstairs from each other. If you really hate someone, you don't choose to live that close to them.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

June 7, 2022.

"Our Blues" hits a new high in the ratings again! The scars of Dong Seok’s childhood are gradually uncovered.   What was Ok Dong thinking back then? (ep.18) (a translation) 

Korean Drama Monday 6 June 2022 18:04 Sani

spacer.png

This episode really makes people laugh and cry~ began to feel sorry for Dong Seok. He can do this well.

tvN's healing drama "Our Blues" tells the story of the lives of residents of Pureung Village in Jeju Island.   In the last episode, the fate of Chun Hee’s son Man Su left a heart-wrenching suspense. In this episode, Dong Seok and Ok Dong's feud unveiled the tip of the iceberg. The nationwide audience rating for Episode 18 was 12.5 percent, setting a new record since the broadcast.

Dong Seok ’s grievances of the past

Everyone thought that Dong Seok was always angry with his mother because of his narrow-mindedness.  But in fact, when Ok Dong  remarried, she personally told him not to call him mother, but to call her auntie.  She slapped Dong Seok  more than twenty times, no matter how much Dong Seok cried and begged, she never looked back, and never gave him a word of explanation.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-06-06_at_11.18.12_PM.png

Dong Seok did not understand why his mother went to sleep with his father's friend and his own friend's father less than a month after his father's death? Why was he bullied by Jong-woo and Jong-cheol until his body was bruised all over yet his mother did not care? There was no one in the family to give him warmth, and he decided to treat Ok Dong with the same indifference.    But why did Ok Dong justifiably treat him like a son and make him go to the rituals of his most hated stepfather?

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-06-06_at_11.18.20_PM.png

Sun Ah’s Understanding

Eun Hee, In Kwon , and Ho Sik all accused Dong Seok  of being heartless to his mother, and each of them says that they understand his feelings, but no one knows what has happened to him, which only makes him more annoyed.

When Dong Seok learned that Ok Dong has cancer, he felt a vague sense of relief.  On the other end of the phone, Sun Ah quietly listened to him talk about his childhood trauma for the first time and encouraged him to do what he really wanted to do: ask Ok Dong before she leaves.  Do not be like her. Even  though she wanted to know why her father drove the car into the sea, she would never know.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-06-06_at_11.18.29_PM.png

Ok Dong's Mystery

Ok Dong's behavior is baffling. She has broken Dong Seok's heart all through her life and yet she still refused to talk to him in her old age, but hung  a picture of him in her room.   She knew that Dong Seok  hated her stepfather's family, but she wanted him to take her to the memorial service.

Ok Dong has the whole night to organize her things, but she has to drag her feet before leaving and missed her boat. Could it be that she is finally ready to spend time with Dong Seok and to resolve decades of misunderstandings?

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-06-06_at_11.18.38_PM.png

Young-joo's premature birth touched the hearts of the fathers.

Eun Hee ran to the hospital to see In kwon and Ho Sik's fingers clasped together. Both of them crying so she thought that something is wrong with Young Joo! When she asked, she found out that Young Joo was about to give birth prematurely, causing her to fall to the ground with her weak legs weak, and joined in prayers with her fingers clasped together.

Young Joo  still insisted on giving birth naturally after 10 hours of labour pain, Hyun  was so distressed that he burst into tears. When the doctor called his family in, Ho Sik  rushed out and was immediately held back by Eun Hee and In Kwon: He was calling Hyun ! (This part made people cry and laugh, the baby has not been born, already so many people love him/her, it's really warm~)

Screenshot_2022-06-06_at_11.18.46_PM.png

Screenshot_2022-06-06_at_11.19.34_PM.png

The Miracle of 100 Moons

Maybe it is because of the power of Eun GI  and everyone wishing for 100 moons, Man Soo really survived his  illness and did not become a star in the sky. Eun Gi sang happily beside Man Soo to Chun Hee, and Ok Dong also wanted to hear it, and would rather spend money to listen to it a few more times, watching Eun GI blossom.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-06-06_at_11.19.43_PM.png

The preview of the episode threw out another important information! Jung Joon  finally took Young Ok  to see his parents, and Young Ok ok thought nervously, "Your parents are going to hate me.”  Dong Seok meets one of the people who is supposed to be Jong-chul or Jong-woo, and they say, "Do you know why father died of depression? Dong Seok told Ok Dong to do everything she wanted to do and waited for the final reckoning with her: "Why do you talk humbly  to everyone, but don't feel ashamed of me?”   Dong Seok took Ok Dong's hand and calleds out "Mom", but the last scene showed him walking alone in the snow, what really happened?

With regard to Ok Dong's behaviour, some viewers guessed that she felt that she was unlucky and was a bad luck person.  So she simply let her son hate her and stay away from her, so as not to be taken away by fate. Ok Dong, who lost her parents when she was a child probably did not understand how to be a parent either, thinking that it was best to let Dong Seok live.  In this respect, perhaps only Sun Ah  can understand Dong Seok: Sun Ah father dived into the sea, and Dong Seok's mother is committing chronic suicide slowly over a long period of time.

The screenwriter of this episode finally revealed Dong Seok’s  memory, and I hope the next episode can tell the story from Ok Dong's perspective!

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-06-06_at_11.19.52_PM.png

Source:  https://www.koreastardaily.com/tc/news/141689

• Like 3

@chickfactor thank you for posting that translation of Ok Dong's character description. I guess that explains how she ended up marrying Dong Seok's stepfather.

I just don't understand how she could turn a blind eye to her own son's suffering. But oh well, we have one more weekend left. Hopefully it'll be answered by then.:sweat_smile:

• Like 4

Our Blues: Episodes 17-18

by lovepark

ourblues1718-00003.jpg

Fate can seem cruel especially to those who have experienced immeasurable loss and heartache. Though our strong Jeju leader accepts her misfortunes as unavoidable, her young granddaughter chooses to believe in miracles and shows her that hope still exists in this world. As for our other resident grandma, the wrongs from her past continue to keep her apart from her son, and even though her days are numbered, they both stubbornly refuse to talk to each other.

EPISODES 17-18 WEECAP: Choon-hee & Eun-ki; Ok-dong & Dong-suk

Living together in Jeju for Choon-hee and her granddaughter Eun-ki has been a learning curve for both parties, but as they spend more time with each other, the two of them grow closer and bridge the gap between them. After making amends, Choon-hee changes her approach to Eun-ki, and instead of denying all of her wishes, she makes an effort to cross off the little items on her bucket list.

Despite the relative peace that has fallen upon her house now, the nagging suspicions about her son and daughter-in-law remain for Choon-hee until a slip of the tongue from Eun-ki reveals the truth. In tears, Eun-ki tries to keep her mom’s secret, but Choon-hee realizes from her lies that her son is in the hospital.

Leaving Eun-ki with Eun-hee, Choon-hee heads to the mainland and finds herself at the hospital where her son lies unconscious. She remains silent during her entire visit and only speaks at the end to her daughter-in-law. With a heavy heart, she tells her to remove him from life support if the doctor suggests it.

As Choon-hee laments her cursed fate, she receives a call later that week from her daughter-in-law: the doctor told them to be prepared to say goodbye. Due to the storm, they can only leave tomorrow at the earliest, so Choon-hee continues with her chores while Eun-ki hangs out in the house. Noticing the family photos, she asks about the people in them, so Choon-hee tells her about her late grandpa and three uncles.

Eun-ki remembers what her dad told her about death and says that her uncles must all be stars in the sky. Choon-hee scoffs at her silly notion and tells her that everyone turns into dirt once they die. When Eun-ki starts to cry, Choon-hee loses her cool and tells Eun-ki that her dad is a liar. Both grandma and granddaughter openly weep with one calling her dad to come back and the other crying that he cannot.

The storm continues through the night, and Eun-ki stays by the door, hopelessly waiting for her parents to pick her up. Choon-hee coaxes her to eat dinner and finally gets her to agree when she promises to take her to see the hundred moons. Though it seems like an impossible endeavor in this weather, Jung-joon and Eun-hee’s persistence help Choon-hee make a little girl’s dream come true.

The various sailors in town gather in their boats with lights strung across and float out into sea. They honk their horns, letting the others know that they are ready, and Eun-hee takes Eun-ki and the two grannies up a hill to see the hundred moons. At first, all Eun-ki sees is darkness, but one by one the water is dotted with moons. Her face lights up, but her eyes pool with tears as she prays for her new wish: make her dad healthy. The others kneel beside Eun-ki, and Choon-hee makes a wish as well.

In an epilogue of sorts, Choon-hee receives a video message from her daughter-in-law of Eun-ki sitting next to her dad who is now awake. She brags to her grandma that she was right and sings her a song at her dad’s request. It’s a sweet ending for Choon-hee who has lost so much, and though it feels like a fairy tale, I’m happy with how things worked out for them. Losing her youngest son may have been the “realistic” outcome, but narratively, his recovery has a bigger impact.

The part that moved me the most about their story was how Choon-hee saw herself as cursed yet she touched so many people in her life in a positive way. Everyone gathers at the end to create the hundred moons because it is for Choon-hee, and thus, we see that miracles are the result of little, mundane things piling up to create something remarkable. To Eun-ki, it’s a spectacular scene of a hundred moons, but to Choon-hee, it’s the concerted effort of the people she knows trying their best to help her even if the task seems silly. Maybe Eun-ki’s dad is a similar story — just untold in this particular drama — about the hospital staff and his family working tirelessly to help him. Either way, I’m happy for both Choon-hee and Eun-ki that their wish came true because life would be too dull if even our stories were void of miracles

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/06/our-blues-episodes-17-18/

• Like 5

Seo Hyun Jin And Seo Ye Ji Top Most Buzzworthy Drama Actor Rankings; “Our Blues” Rises To No. 1 On Drama List

Jun 8, 2022
by E. Cha

The fierce leading ladies of two new dramas were the most buzzed-about actors of the week!

This week, tvN’s “Our Blues” rose to No. 1 on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

In addition to “Our Blues” topping the list of most buzzworthy dramas, its stars claimed four out of the top 10 spots on this week’s list of the most buzzworthy drama cast members. Go Doo Shim climbed to No. 3, followed by Lee Byung Hun at No. 4, Kim Hye Ja at No. 5, and Ki So You at No. 6.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the first week of June are as follows:

1. tvN “Our Blues”
  2. SBS “Why Her?”
  3. tvN “Eve”
  4. KBS2 “Bloody Heart”
  5. JTBC “Cleaning Up”
  6. MBC “Doctor Lawyer”
  7. tvN “Sh**ting Stars
  8. KBS2 “It’s Beautiful Now”
  9. KBS2 “Gold Mask”
  10. SBS “Woori the Virgin

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Seo Hyun Jin (“Why Her?”)
  2. Seo Ye Ji (“Eve”)
  3. Go Doo Shim (“Our Blues”)
  4. Lee Byung Hun (“Our Blues”)
  5. Kim Hye Ja (“Our Blues”)
  6. Ki So You (“Our Blues”)
  7. So Ji Sub (“Doctor Lawyer”)
  8. Hwang In Yeop (“Why Her?”)
  9. Lee Joon (“Bloody Heart”)
  10. Yum Jung Ah (“Cleaning Up”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1530042wpp/seo-hyun-jin-and-seo-ye-ji-top-most-buzzworthy-drama-actor-rankings-our-blues-rises-to-no-1-on-drama-list

• Like 4

June 9, 2022

‘Our Blues’ Cha Seung Won X Lee Jung Eunun → Lee Byung-Hun X Kim Hye Ja’s consolation of life

Screenshot_2022-06-09_at_1.13.10_PM.png

Episodes of various lives of ‘Our Blues’ were gathered and our ‘story of life’ was drawn.

The tvN Saturday drama 'Our Blues' is a drama that supports all life standing at the end, climax or beginning of life. Through the composition of the omnibus, various lives are melted and everyone is the protagonist of life. The protagonists, who change in each episode, deliver comfort and resonance to the small screen while finding hope in the midst of wounds and pain.

As these episodes pile up, 'Our Blues' is becoming the 'drama of life' for viewers. 'Our Blues', which continued its strong back until the second half, broke its own highest ratings with an average of 13.2% and a maximum of 15.1% based on households in the metropolitan area in the 18th episode. Viewers responded with 'every time I shed tears, I gain courage', 'There is no life without a story, but life is like this', and 'We have compressed our lives'. With only two episodes left until the final episode, we looked at the various life episodes that 'Our Blues' drew.

# ‘Hansu and Eunhee’ who summoned memories of youth

The first episode that opened the drama was the story of classmates Choi Han-soo (Cha Seung-won) and Jung Eun-hee (Lee Jung-eun) who reunited after 20 years. Hansoo Choi, a goose father, who had a rough life, remembered the brightest days of his youth, and was comforted by his eternal friend Jung Eun-hee. Jung Eun-hee was thrilled for a moment at the appearance of her first love, Choi Han-soo, who came to her life that was fishy, but was hurt by the fact that he tried to deceive her. However, the loyalty and comfort of Eun-hee Jung, who embraced even her friend who had hurt her, was touching. The episode 'Hansu and Eunhee', which reminded me of everyone's love affair, left a lasting impression on people living their lives again with memories.

# If you turn your back, there is a different world. ‘Dongseok and Seonah’

Min Seon-ah (Shin Min-ah), who suffered from her long-standing depression, comes to Jeju with her child in danger of being taken away by her husband. By the side of Min Seon-ah, who had left her all, Lee Dong-seok (Lee Byung-hun) continued to instill her will to live. To Min Seon Ah, who thinks that only getting her child back is happiness, Lee Dong Seok said, “If you turn your back, there is a different world” and “I am not saying not to be sad. Just don't be sad," she said. Just having someone comfort you by your side gives someone the strength to live again. Min Seon-ah ran through her depression and tried to become a ‘light’ by herself to become a ‘strong mother’. Min Seon-ah's bright daily life appeared briefly in other episodes, making viewers happy.

# Father-in-law ‘human rights and good food’, ‘youngju and prefecture’ made from a sea of tears in the small screen

The episodes of Jeong In-kwon (Park Ji-hwan), the president of the sundae soup stock, known to everyone in the neighborhood, Bang Ho-sik (Choi Young-joon), the owner of the ice store, Jeong-hyeon (Bae Hyun-seong) and Yeongyeong-joo (Noh Yoon-seo), the children who grew up in love between the fathers of their enemies, are on the small screen. The theater boomed. Jung In-kwon, who was a knave, and Bang Ho-shik, who was addicted to gambling, became a market merchant and worked hard because of their children. However, it is the children who do not like the parents. The immature children came to realize the love of a father, the only one in the world, as they watched their fathers crumble. It was a passionate fatherly love that aroused sympathy from parents across the country.

# Friendship of 30-year-old sympathy ‘Miran and Eunhee’

The episode of Go Mi-ran (Uhm Jung-hwa) and Jeong Eun-hee (Lee Jung-eun), who are called 'Princess and Mussuri' for 30 years, drew sympathy by portraying the conflict that can arise between old friends. Jung Eun-hee is grateful to Go Mi-ran for helping her poor self when she was young, but she hates her attitude of ignoring me, so she builds up her feelings inside. Go Mi-ran relied on Jung Eun-hee as her 'best friend', and she felt betrayed as she knew the feelings of herself and her other friends. She doesn't know unless she speaks. The process of reconciling these two friends pouring out everything and reconciling them leads the viewers' immersion and conveys a deep resonance.

# The painting exhibition that made everyone cry ‘Young-ok, Jeong-jun, and Young-hee’

The secret of Lee Young-ok (Han Ji-min), who circulated among her haenyeo, saying that she was lying, was that she had her twin sister, Lee Young-hee (Jung Eun-hye), who had Down syndrome. The story of Young-ok Lee and Young-hee Lee, who were hurt by the eyes of the world, realistically portrayed the pain of people with disabilities and their families, raising an alarm in society. Here, Park Jung-jun (Kim Woo-bin) proved unwavering love and added a warm sound. Above all, the exhibition of Lee Young-hee's paintings, which wraps up her episode, moved the audience more than ever. Whenever Lee Young-ok, her younger brother, was missed, Lee Young-hee's heart that she drew a picture resonated with everyone. In addition to conveying the planning intention of 'every life is the main character', Jung Eun-hye, a caricature painter with Down's syndrome, took on the role of Lee Young-hee, adding to the depth of her emotion.

# Hundreds of moons empty wishes and miracles ‘Chun-hee and Eun-gi’

Jeju grandmother Hyeon Chun-hee (Go Doo-shim) and her land granddaughter Son Eun-ki (Ki So-yu) moved the small screen with hope and miracles added to the fairy tale story. Hyeon Chun-hee, who was in danger of losing her last remaining son after sending her husband and her children away first, lamented that she was a 'dirty seller'. Hand begged her grandmother to ‘make a wish on a hundred moons’, and the people of her village gathered strength to light a fishing boat in the Black Sea for her Hyeon Chun-hee. The lights of the fishing boat became a hundred moons. Viewers cheered for them, saying, ‘Please save Chun-hee’s son and Eun-gi’s father’. In the end, Hyeon Chun-hee's son miraculously found her consciousness, conveying her hope.

# Hats of love and hate, ‘Ok-dong and Dong-seok’

The episode that will decorate the end of 'Our Blues' is the story of Kang Ok-dong (Kim Hye-ja) and Lee Dong-seok (Lee Byung-hun), the haters of love. From the beginning of the drama, the relationship between mother and child, which was worse than the neighbors, Kang Ok-dong was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and Lee Dong-seok's wounded childhood, etc. Lee Dong-seok decided to receive an apology from Kang Ok-dong, who was about to die. In the remaining two episodes, the last trip of the hat is drawn. Viewers are already paying attention to how the two will unravel this love-hate relationship through this journey, and the strong resonance that the last episode will deliver.

The 19th episode of tvN's Saturday and Sunday drama 'Our Blues', which has emerged as a drama of our lives, drawing the joys and sorrows of life, will be broadcast on June 11th at 9:10 pm.

Source:  http://v.media.daum.net/v/20220609102017944?f=o

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Byung Hun And Kim Hye Ja Take Their First And Final Trip Together In “Our Blues”

tvN’s “Our Blues” has shared a sneak peek of Lee Byung Hun and Kim Hye Ja’s bittersweet time together from its upcoming episode!

“Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters. In addition to Lee Byung Hun and Kim Hye Ja, the star-studded cast includes Shin Min Ah, Kim Woo Bin, Han Ji Min, Cha Seung Won, Lee Jung Eun, Uhm Jung Hwa, and more.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Our Blues,” Kang Ok Dong (Kim Hye Ja) finally told her estranged son Lee Dong Suk (Lee Byung Hun) that she had late-stage cancer and didn’t have long left to live. Dong Suk then wound up confronting her about why she had hurt him in the past and if she even felt sorry for how she’d treated him.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Dong Suk and Ok Dong spend some quality time together for the first and last time in their lives during their trip to Mokpo. Initially, the resentful Dong Suk coldly walks ahead of his mother as she follows close behind—but eventually, he is unable to resist turning around and looking back at her.

Other photos capture the mother-son duo awkwardly eating together in a restaurant, revealing that they are finally getting to do ordinary, everyday things that they never did together back in Jeju. As both of them know all too well that they are running out of time, it remains to be seen whether Dong Suk will be able to forgive Ok Dong for the past.

Lee-Byung-Hun-Kim-Hye-Ja-2.jpg

Lee-Byung-Hun-Kim-Hye-Ja-3.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Byung-Hun2.jpg

Kim-Hye-Ja-Lee-Byung-Hun.jpg

To find out where Dong Suk and Ok Dong’s journey will lead, tune in to the next episode of “Our Blues” on June 11 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Lee Byung Hun And Kim Hye Ja Take Their First And Final Trip Together In “Our Blues” | Soompi

• Like 3

Food for thought. What if Dong Suk stepfather was actually his real father and the father that he thinks is his real father married his mom to protect her? His father and possible father were best friends. His mother is so reserved and secretive. She is from that generation that doesn't like to kiss and tell.

Considering I Love Lucy GIF

• Like 1