[Drama 2022] Our Blues, 우리들의 블루스

larus

April 27, 2022

Screenshot_2022-04-27_at_4.07.37_PM.png

Bae Hyun Sung And Noh Yoon Seo Carry On With Their Romance Despite Their Fathers’ Objections In “Our Blues”

DRAMA PREVIEW

Apr 27, 2022

by L. Kim

tvN’s “Our Blues” released a new poster to preview the upcoming episodes!

“Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters.

Spoilers

Episodes 7 and 8 of “Our Blues” will center around the story of the high school couple Jung Hyun (Bae Hyun Sung) and Bang Young Joo (Noh Yoon Seo), who are dating in secret from their fathers who hate each other. The sneak peek revealed that Jung In Kwon (Park Ji Hwan) and Bang Ho Shik(Choi Young Joon) will officially find out about their children’s relationship, and all eyes are on how the two enemies will deal with this situation.

The newly released poster shows Jung In Kwon and Bang Ho Shik quarreling on the sandy beach while chasing after their children Jung Hyun and Bang Young Joo. Despite their fathers’ stance on their relationship, the two youngsters have wide grins on their faces, and they hold each other’s hands as if to show their willingness to carry on with their love story. The text on the poster reads, “What! Is love a crime?” The romance of Jung Hyun and Bang Young Joo will actually drive Jung In Kwon and Bang Ho Shik further apart, and viewers are eager to find out why they became enemies in the first place.

spacer.png

"Our Blues" airs every Saturday band Sunday at 98:10 p.m. KST. 

Source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1523886wpp/bae-hyun-sung-and-noh-yoon-seo-carry-on-with-their-romance-despite-their-fathers-objections-in-our-blues 

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

“Our Blues” Remains Most Buzzworthy Drama + Lee Joon Gi Rises To No. 1 On Actor List

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Apr 26, 2022
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Our Blues” has defended its title as the most buzzworthy drama of the week!

For the second consecutive week, “Our Blues” ranked No. 1 on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

In addition to “Our Blues” topping this week’s list of the most buzzworthy dramas, its stars also claimed three out of the top 10 spots on the list of most buzzworthy cast members: Shin Min Ah rose to No. 5, Noh Yoon Seo to No. 6, and Lee Byung Hun to No. 7.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the third week of April are as follows:

1. tvN “Our Blues”
  2. JTBC “My Liberation Notes”
  3. JTBC “Green Mothers’ Club”
  4. SBS “Again My Life”
  5. tvN “Sh**ting Stars”
  6. tvN “Kill Heel”
  7. tvN “Military Prosecutor Doberman
  8. MBC “From Now On, Showtime
  9. MBC “Tomorrow”
  10. KBS “The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Lee Joon Gi (“Again My Life”)
  2. Son Seok Gu (“My Liberation Notes”)
  3. Lee Hye Young (“Kill Heel”)
  4. Kim Ji Won (“My Liberation Notes”)
  5. Shin Min Ah (“Our Blues”)
  6. Noh Yoon Seo (“Our Blues”)
  7. Lee Byung Hun (“Our Blues”)
  8. Lee Yo Won (“Green Mothers’ Club”)
  9. Kim Ha Neul (“Kill Heel”)
  10. Lee Sung Kyung (“Sh**ting Stars”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1523809wpp/our-blues-remains-most-buzzworthy-drama-lee-joon-gi-rises-to-no-1-on-actor-list

• Like 7

It is an omnibus drama, so we have to be extra patient to watch every stories of all the characters. :glasses:

Lee byung hun always serve us great acting skills, love to see a diff side of him in this drama. It's just a shame some viewers cloud their judgement because of his scandal in the past. However i understand their choices. Really hope viewers could see the big picture/ whole messages they want to deliver. *finger crossed*

Same goes for the teen stories, theyve already made a quick judgement whether the story was romanticized just by seeing one episode only??!?? :facepalm: Gotta see next episodes!

And i just realized, watching lee young ok- park jung jun story feels like i rewatch 500 days of summer when the boy fell madly in love with the girl.  And it ended not okay, i gotta see more! :notsureifserious:

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

On 4/27/2022 at 1:20 AM, peonie said:

The text on the poster reads, “What! Is love a crime?”

Okay, that is flippin' hilarious. :lol:

Classic line from the cheating husband on "World of the Married."

Spoiler

His wife confronts him about his cheating, to which he replies, "What! Is love a crime?!"”

So she tells him she also slept with another man, and he replies, "How can you do that to me?!?"

Hypocrisy at its finest. I laughed so hard.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

April 29, 2022

tvN Drama released some profile pictures for the upcoming episodes

spacer.png

spacer.png

Screenshot_2022-04-29_at_11.10.21_AM.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-04-29_at_11.10.32_AM.png

We can anticipate a bloody fight between the teenage couple's  fathers In-Kwon and Hosik.  Eun Hee and Jung Joon are stepping in to help them resolve the issue.  

Source: IG of tvn_drama

• Like 5

“Our Blues” Previews Turbulent Tension Between Enemies Choi Young Joon And Park Ji Hwan

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Apr 29, 2022
by L. Kim

tvN’s “Our Blues” has shared a sneak peek of the upcoming episode!

“Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters.

Spoilers

Episodes 7 and 8 of “Our Blues” will center around the story of the high school couple Jung Hyun (Bae Hyun Sung) and Bang Young Joo (Noh Yoon Seo), who are dating in secret from their fathers who hate each other. The preview revealed that Jung In Kwon (Park Ji Hwan) and Bang Ho Shik (Choi Young Joon) will officially find out about their children’s relationship, and all eyes are on how the two enemies will deal with this situation.

The newly released stills capture an explosive moment at the traditional market. Jung In Kwon and Bang Ho Shik get caught up in a nasty fight. Jung Eun Hee (Lee Jung Eun) and Park Jung Joon (Kim Woo Bin) look at the two men with worried eyes, and even Kang Ok Dong (Kim Hye Ja) and Hyun Choon Hee (Go Doo Shim) look shocked. Jung In Kwon and Bang Ho Shik usually try not to argue in front of the elders out of courtesy, but this time, they won’t be able to hold back their anger. The atmosphere of the market is tight with tension, piquing curiosity about what led to their volatile confrontation.

Our-Blues-31.jpeg

Our-Blues-41.jpeg

Spoiler

Our-Blues-23.jpeg

Our-Blues-13.jpeg

“Our Blues” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1524191wpp/our-blues-previews-turbulent-tension-between-enemies-choi-young-joon-and-park-ji-hwan

• Like 6

I wasn't sure if I'd love the story of the young couple but they just won our heart with their sincerity and honesty. Their fears are real and the way they decide to take a very difficult decision in life.   I am very very happy and proud of them. Hopefully, the two fathers will see sense and after some hilarious bickering, they will eventually become the good friends they were, and now in-laws. 

I am still not interested in the story of Lee Young Ok. Park Jung Joon , yes. He seems like a simple islander. 

As far as Min Sun Ah is concerned, I wish she would attain some peace with herself before getting into any relationship. She needs to heal. Not another relationship. As a mother, her only concern is to be reunited with her son, gain his love and trust. I wish Lee Dong Suk would get his head out of his RickRoll'D to finally see and understand people around him- his mother and Min Sun Ah. He is burning in his own hell. 

The pain in the silent eyes of  Lee Dong Suk's mother really breaks my heart. Poor woman- abandoned by her son at such an age/ stage of her life.  Lee Dong Suk will have lots of regret when he finally decides to get his head out of his RickRoll'D. 

Anyway, looking forward to the next episode to discover the lives of the islanders.  

• Like 8

On 4/28/2022 at 7:04 PM, unknown12 said:

It is an omnibus drama, so we have to be extra patient to watch every stories of all the characters

Lol Unkown you are right here, initially I was about to skip the Teen episode but it was one of the best out of whatever is aired ...also whosoever the Boy is, is so cute....

Coming to rest of the characters, the most challenging is SMH<I highkey lowkey wish captain is the one to save her from water not someone else lol, SMH KWB One scene PHULEASEEEE....> keeping that aside her sense of awareness despite being not in the stable state is a reality for a lot of people. You dont discard them you have to be patient with them, marriage means commitment in Good and Bad days, but in this time and era it becomes almost a tragic comedy for some couple it is also a fact ...Alas.

Re Captain and Ms Ok...she talks too much and he just stares, please talk more Oppa lol and Please talk less Miss....I beg, I am not in love with their track being honest here also the slow pace makes it less tolerable...hope something is accelerated here.

• Like 6

April 30,  2022

Choi Young Joon And Park Ji Hwan Are Overwhelmed With Fury And Sorrow In “Our Blues”

Apr 30, 2022
by L. Kim

tvN’s “Our Blues” has shared a sneak peek of the upcoming episode!

Spoilers

Episodes 7 and 8 of “Our Blues”” will center around the story of the high school couple Jung Hyun (Bae Hyun Sung) and Bang Young Joo (Noh Yoon Seo), who are dating in secret from their fathers who hate each other. The preview revealed that Jung In Kwon (Park Ji Hwan) and Bang Ho Shik (Choi Young Joon) will officially find out about their children’s relationship, and all eyes are on how the two enemies will deal with this situation.

Jung In Kwon is a rough father who never shows any kind of affection towards his son. He was a former gangster who split from his wife, and he’s raising his child all alone. One thing in common that Bang Ho Shik has with him is that he’s also a single father. However, he’s sweet and attentive to his one and only one daughter, but newly released stills show that he won’t be so generous this time.

In the photos, the two fathers are expressing their anger and sadness in different ways. Jung In Kwon glares at Jung Hyun in disbelief, and tension is thick in the air as both of them refuse to back down. Bang Ho Shik is sobbing furiously, and Bang Young Joo is shedding tears as well.

Our-Blues-14.jpeg

Our-Blues-24.jpeg

The upcoming episodes will also depict the mysterious past of the two enemies. The production team commented, “Park Ji Hwan and Choi Young Joon will portray the hot-blooded story of the two fathers and increase the immersion and empathy. Their acting skills will shine as they depict the inner circumstances of fathers who have been struggling to raise their children and the explosive conflicts between them. Please show a lot of interest and love for the episode of ‘In Kwon and Ho Shik.'”

Our-Blues-42.jpeg

Spoiler

Choi-Young-Joon.jpeg

Spoiler

Park-Ji-Hwan1.jpeg

The next episode of “Our Blues” will air on April 30 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Source: 

Source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1524344wpp/choi-young-joon-and-park-ji-hwan-are-overwhelmed-with-fury-and-sorrow-in-our-blues

Edited by gm4queen
Please use spoiler tags when you upload more than 3 images in one post! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

April 30, 2022

"Our Blues" emergency execution. Shin Min Ah and Lee Byung Hun (A translation) 

Screenshot_2022-04-30_at_1.28.21_PM.png

Lee Byung Hun is the only one who is worried about Shin Min Ah, "Our Blues." Two people in front of the emergency room have an awkward reunion.

spacer.png

tvN's Saturday and Sunday drama "Our Blues" (written by Noh Hee Kyung, Kim Sung Min, Hyun-Ina/directed by Kim Ky Tae, Kim Yang-Hee, Lee Jung Mook/planned studio dragon/production G-tist) drew attention with an ending that shocked the small screen in episode 6. Min Sun Ah  (Shin Min Ah), fell into the sea while immersed in her sorrow, and turned the village of Pureung upside down.

spacer.png

Min Sun Ah, who suffered from depression for a long time and divorced, was having a custody battle with her husband.  For Min Sun Ah, her son Yeol was her whole life.  However, her body, which did not follow her heart, was unable to care for her child due to her depression, and the fact that her son Yeol  recognized his mother as a sick person put Sun Ah in great sorrow.  Min Sun Ah who came to Jeju in her exhausted state, headed to the sea alone, and Lee Dong Seok (Lee Byung Hun) drew attention with his  concern for Min Sun Ah.

Meanwhile, in the seventh episode of "Our Blues," which will be released on April 30, Lee Dong Seok, who was guarding the emergency room with Min Sun Ah, was revealed. Lee Dong Seok is looking at Sun Ah with a worried gaze. In addition, Dong Seok, who carried Sun Ah in  a truck, covered her with a blanket. Sun Ah looked at Dong Seok awkwardly, making us curious about the meeting that will happen again.

On this day, Dong Seok takes care of Sun Ah, worrying that she will fall into the water or have bad thoughts. However, Sun Ah is still in a state of pain and suffering from her wounds and does not have time to look around.  Attention is focused on whether Dong Seok's consideration, which feels warm even if he speaks harshly and crudely, will melt the cold Sun Ah  even a little.

The episode of "Dongseok and Seonah" amplifies curiosity by depicting the relationship between the two people during their school days in Jeju, their reunion seven years ago in Seoul, and again in Jeju.  Lee Byung Hun and Shin Min Ah built up their compelling narrative despite their brief appearance, raising expectations for the upcoming episode of "Dongseok and Sunah." The production team said, "For the first time on this day, Dong Seok  reveals his blunt but upset feelings in front of Sun Ah. The image of Sun Ah’s of conveying her situation to such a Dong Seok will make viewers' hearts sad," drawing attention to the continued relationship between the two.

tvN's Saturday and Sunday drama "Our Blues" ranked first in the drama TV topic category for two consecutive weeks (based on Good Data Corporation), as well as first in the CPI Powered by RACOI in the second week of April. The seventh episode of "Our Blues" will air at 9:10 p.m. on April 30 (today).

Source: https://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202204301407003&sec_id=540201 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

After I finished episode 7, it was a test of the audience's mood. Emotions are full of stressful situations, the whole episode may be true for some viewers. I don't like this kind of drama, but I like it. especially The acting skills of the characters express emotions honestly, but it can feel the emotions of the audience. I appreciate these quality performers. I have to give them a thumbs up.:thumbsup: I do not know the cause of the quarrel between the two fathers of the child, when did it begin? Why did they switch from best friend to enemy? Together they risked their lives. Willing to inherit each other's families We have to watch the next episode, the only thing I can feel. is the difference between two fathers of two children. With parental behavior, Hyun's father often uses harsh words, has threatened his son to use force to physically attack his son. When the emotional limit of the child is reached A child who had been obedient would instantly become a rebellious child. different from Father Young Joon The father, who could not accept his daughter's pain, did not use harsh words or hurt them. But he was willing to hurt himself to vent his pain. Sacrifice for your child's good future. He continues to act as a good father. He seemed normal, but his heart was so broken:heartbreak: that he couldn't tell anyone.:bawling: He was just a young man with a former gambling addiction. To the point of degrading his human dignity to ask for money from a friend he loves despite being insulted. In the current situation, money is not everything. to be able to solve problems just so that all problems will be resolved quickly It was only the beginning to steal their dignity  I hope that both of them will find a solution to this problem without affecting the minds of their children and grandchildren. May you be conscious of thinking for the children and grandchildren who are opening their eyes to see the world. you guys are lucky:blush:

• Like 5

That was cruel... Seon Ah got kicked out of the b&b 'cause of her suicide attempt tsk. Thought small town folk are suppose to be more empathetic? Dong Seok keep sayin' he refuses to help but does it anyways LoL geez. 

Sigh teen hormones LoL! Youth.. all that energy.. so fertile sigh. Yup Young Joo you can get preggers after doin' it once EVEN with protection. Maybe Hyeon should've used 2 condoms Idk LoL. The dads reactions were crazy but was expected. In particular Hyeon's dad, that was hard to watch. The man is abusive. But that's his background as a thug I guess.

The one I didn't expect was Young Joo's dad whom I thought would've been more understanding. Well what can one expect when he keep walkin' in on his daughter in her room after just knocking!? I thought her mom died ; turned out she left 'em both. Funny her dad wants to hook up with Eun Hee when Young Joo can't stand her LoL. Young Joo's been rude since a child too tsk.

The dads aren't goin' to let up anytime soon judging by next ep. preview. What's done can't be undone. The dads should just accept and support their kids. I am mad at Young Joo/Hyeon as well. More on Young Joo 'cause she has plans to get out of Jeju unlike Hyeon who just settles. She should know better since she's obviously the smarter one of the two. 

I was mad when Young Joo kept blaming Hyeon for her "situation" in earlier ep. 'cause she wanted it and consented to it. Idk what a mess LoL.

• Like 2

The kids are alright.

Once they decided to have their baby, they were surprisingly smart and thoughtful. I mean, they are still KIDS, and extremely naive about how easy it's going to be to have their baby and Yeong-ju will still attend college. Teenage pregnancy is no one's idea of a smart choice, but if anyone's going to make it work, it's these two. They seem strong and really committed to each other. I am rooting for them.

And they seem strong despite a lot of hardship they've endured as kids. It's not easy to grow up without their moms, and it was really interesting to see the pasts of these two fathers. When they were younger, Ho-sik was a gambling addict and In-gwon was a thug. But when their wives left, they stepped up and became hardworking men in order to raise their kids right. I give them credit for this.

Things are a real mess right now, but as Hyeon said, the storm will pass. I suspect the end of this story will be Ho-sik, In-gwon, and Eun-hee raising this baby together as the two kids go off to college in Seoul.

Eun-hee is the secret hero behind all this. She loaned these two guys the money to start their own businesses. And she's going to be in the middle of working this situation out. She is the pillar.

• Like 8

Our Blues season 1, episode 7 recap – “In-gwon and Ho-sik 1”

by Nathan Sartain

Our Blues season 1, episode 7 recap

We begin with the drowning of Seon-a, flanked by a backdrop of how she neglected her life due to depression, failed to pay attention to her son, and how she could ultimately have ended up completely alone. Fortunately, though, Dong-seok is on hand to report the attempted suicide to the police amidst the general hubbub of the watching, but unhelpful crowd.

In time, Seon-a is found by Young-ok and her friend, allowing for a safe rescue of the suicidal mother. And, with Dong-Seoul tailing the ambulance, we cut to Hyun and Young-joo walking the school corridors with interlaced arms. They discuss their father’s reactions to the hidden pregnancy, and Young-joo details the plan she has in mind for what will happen upon the birth. When Hyun suggests that he drops out of school, it does upset his partner, who takes issue with the fact that he might change his mind later on. Once reassured, however, Young-joo claims she is proud of her boyfriend, and the two then discuss plan B, a much more serious one which even involves a facility for single mothers, for the upcoming birth.

Again, the couple are warned over people finding out about the pregnancy, as Seon-mi greets the two with hearsay that people are already discussing Young-joo’s growing belly. So, Hyun gets ready to tell his father the news, anticipating that soon, friends and teachers will discover the information for themselves. With that being said, there is a spanner thrown into the works, as Eun-hui calls Young-joo to ask about her being pregnant,something which is admitted to after some initial shock from the young student.

As Eun-hui and Ho-sik awkwardly eat together, Dong-seok visits Seon-a in the hospital, but claims he paid for her bills out of pity and doesn’t know her. However, it’s clear he does care, as he worries when the police case is closed because Seon-a claimed she just slipped, and prods for more information on her potential discharge.

At the market, Hyun arrives to tell his already agitated father the news of Young-joo’s pregnancy. And, after downing a drink, he does, albeit stutteringly, but omits the fact that he is father at first. It leads to In-gwon claiming that his son is now set to be the top student, until the shock sets on his face once the whole situation is fully explained, along with a request for help. But all that occurs is a beating, one which cannot be quelled with words that this young relationship is love.

Elsewhere, Young-joo sits down to talk to her own father, bluntly laying out the facts to the evidently shaken Ho-sik. At first there is silence, a tense one only disrupted by a drooping fan. Then comes a request that the two go to hospital together, as he doesn’t believe his daughter is pregnant. Finally, there’s realisation, which appears after the ultrasound picture is slid along the floor, and the belly is properly shown. Sinking to the floor, Ho-sik is in disbelief, and we see in an overlapping scene that both fathers wonder whether their children were taken advantage of by the other.

Instead of beating his daughter, Ho-sik beats himself, angrily, clinging onto the sentiment that Hyun must’ve taken slept with Young-joo against her will. “I can’t just sit back and let you ruin your life just because of a one-time curiosity,” the bitter father says, obviously denying the notion of the relationship being love. Meanwhile, In-gwon continues to physically abuse his son, and asks that Young-joo is told to get rid of the baby.

When Hyun asks In-gwon to take a look at the ultrasound, that’s when tensions reach a boiling point. The father throws the phone away initially, enraging the son who confronts him about his constant swearing. Then, In-gwon loudly exclaims that Hyun would not be fit to look after a child, is just a baby, and has no financial capability to support it. Elsewhere, Ho-sik continues to hit himself, and begs his daughter to have an abortion to no avail. Reflecting on their potential freedom, or general lives, taking a hit, both fathers are incensed by the circumstance change in different ways, with In-gwon wrecking his entire house in response while Ho-sik wallows in self-pity to opera music.

As the young couple comfort each other over the day’s events, and Hyun searches for job openings, Dong-seok returns Seon-a’s belongings, and explains that the bed and breakfast owner didn’t want a suicidal person staying there. He then offers to help find her a place to stay, along with a reassurance that he won’t make any advances, and so the two head off together. In due time, a motel is found, complete with trapped windows so no suicide attempts can be made. When asked what made her look the way she does, Seon-a explains that she just lived her life, but it’s clear that the fact she is primed to lose custody of her child is taking a large toll.

The next day, Hyun is threatened by his father when it’s explained that he will be informing his teacher of his plans to drop out, and Young-joo is told via a note that she will be taken to hospital by her dad once she calls him after school. At that point, we get a flashback, and see that at one point In-gwon was extremely close with Ho-sik, to the point they had even said that they should become in-laws. Reflecting on their past, the two end up side-by-side in their respective vehicles, but find a way to annoy each other instead of making up.

Seeing a fair share of support, and backlash, Hyun and Young-joo face the opinions of the student body, as well as teachers, regarding the pregnancy. The couple want help for Young-joo to stay in the school, but they want both students to transfer. No solution is found either, and the only compromise made is that their respective father’s are brought in to discuss the situation. Of course, this enrages Ho-sik, who publicly loses his rag when told of the updated plans.

The ending

In the toilets, a petty confrontation between In-gwon and Ho-sik quickly unravels into a financially-aided request that Young-joo is taken to a good hospital to have an abortion. “Don’t waste time,” the former thug says, leaving the ice salesman to collect the cash and further reflect on his gambling past. Upset, he clenches the notes in his hand, ignoring everyone he walks past until he reaches his former friend, once more recalling his dirt-poor days of borrowing money, before throwing the given charity in In-gwon’s face. Teary, In-gwon steps out, and the two find themselves in a physical bust-up as the episode ends.

https://readysteadycut.com/2022/04/30/recap-our-blues-season-1-episode-7-netflix-k-drama-series/

• Like 3

Tonight’s episode was a cry fest. LOL. But for real, the teen pregnancy issue was depicted so real. The harsh realities. And the parents-children relationship issue as well. It’s way too real. Been a long time since I had a good cry over a drama. But on tonight’s , I cried a lot. All actors played their character so well. Kudos!

• Like 4

Finished one more episode Before everything was being resolved according to the possible situation, the situation gradually improved. My tears flowed by myself when Byung Joon and Hyun plead guilty, apologized to their father I feel more relieved 

i don't like hyeja An elderly woman, she is an old woman who looks annoying. She interferes too much in other people's affairs. even about children She might cause Captain Jung Joon to hesitate in his relationship with Young Ok. She seems will be a person who has problems with other people

• Like 5

Wow, I am so surprised that this storyline between the two dads has been the most spellbinding one so far! (At least for me). I never saw that coming, and whereas at first I was more ho-hum about Hyeon and Young Ju's story, it has become so gripping! And the acting has been so fantastic by this foursome. I'm kind of in awe right now. :lol:

So sad to see how the unexpected pregnancy has brought out so many painful insecurities in the dads themselves, and how deeply wounded they were by each other and by wives that abandoned them. The whole theme of who's embarrassing whom, and how you are so ashamed if someone insults you in front of your family, has been heartwrenching :tears:. I'm glad that by the end of Episode 8 they were all able to say some of the things they needed to say to each other. That conversation between Young Ju and her dad about getting rid of her baggage! :o

I really hope Hyeon stays in school and doesn't drop out. With Young Ju's dad promising to find them a place to live, hopefully that will free up Hyeon to keep attending. At first, it was sad to see both dads turning their backs on the kids, and on the baby. Even though I understood their shock and disappointment, of course. But with unexpected pregnancies, it can't be all or nothing - either get an abortion OR lose all freedom/ your life is ruined. I'm glad the dads' insistence on getting an abortion started to turn into more support and practical help (and conversations that needed to be had!). Hyeon and Young Ju's lives are about to get much more difficult. They need their dads.

And these dads love their kids so much. Can't wait to see them as grandparents, treating the new baby just as preciously as they've treated Hyeon and Young Ju.

Does anyone else think the show is dropping some hints about a possible miscarriage, though? I feel like we see YJ doubling over in pain quite a bit, which is not good.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2