[Drama 2022] Our Blues, 우리들의 블루스

larus

I'm not sure Young Ok  Maybe she had a first love with someone who owned it? She may be in pain to start a relationship with a new love with Jung Joon, a young man who has a serious love for this love. I hope he will heal your heart to forget the pain.

• Like 9

April 18, 2022

Kim Woo-bin of "Our Blues " quietly protects Han Ji Min, but she is seen as a woman who flirts and lies. (ep.4)

spacer.png

Finally,  the story of Kim Woo Bin and Han Ji Min unfolds.  There was a surprise at the end of the episode! The XD editor thinks the scriptwriter is very good at “maintaining a sense of mystery”:  Han Ji Min’s character is really hard to fantom.

Sun Ah (Shin Min Ah) felt her body is soaked in water. Her husband complained that she did not do housework or bathe, and the whole family smelled.  After her husband sent their son to school, Sun Ah wiped the table and took a shower when he suddenly came back with his son in his arms. Sun Ah did not notice it even though the day had gone by.

spacer.png

When Young Ok agreed to go to a motel with Captain Bae at the nightclub, she called for a driver to drive her back to her place.  It turned out she was just annoyed and casually agreed.  Jung Joon (played by Kim Woo Bin) helped her get rid of Captain Bae.  Young Ok realized that Jung Joon liked her and told him that she had dated many men.

Spoiler

spacer.png

The haenyeos found out that Young Ok  was lying about her parents, and when she went out to sea, Young-ok delayed her boarding time on purpose  to look for  more seafood, causing and all the haenyeos to begin rejecting her.  Jung Yoon made a date with Young Ok to meet in his van, and no matter what other people say, he still wants to be with her. Young-ok also seemed to start liking this quiet but warm captain and suddenly came over to give him a kiss.

Spoiler

spacer.png

PS. This episode's opening credits played a record of Jung Joon and Young Ok,  which read: "Between the captain and the haenyeo, trying not to cling to lies and rumors. “Young Ok o is really sweet when she flirts with Jung Joon!  Looking forward to next week's development!

Spoiler

spacer.png

In the preview for the next episode, Jung Joon says he hates people who do not like Jeju, and Young Ok  says she likes Jeju a lot and that the two smile at each other.  When Sun Ah returns to Jeju to meet Dong Suk (Lee Byung Hun ), who asks her, “Is someone like me not worthy of your love?   I am not only broke, I have nothing?”  When the Class President suspected she was pregnant, the Vice President asked her if she lwas in love with him, and the Class President said pessimistically, " Love does not exist. Do we really love each other that much? When the Class President  comes to the obstetrics and gynecology clinic alone, Eun Hee suddenly comes out and stops her, as if she had been watching her.

Source:  https://www.koreastardaily.com/sc/news/140870

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

I love this show :approves: I've been watching almost all of no hee kyung's art pieces and been waiting for this one. the most anticipated, not just because of the cast, but what "our blues" meaning she's going to tell us. i like how she always carry many issues in life to a drama, from common social issues to a heavy one, and also let's not forget how she reminded us  about mental health issues that exist in our society.

so far, from these 4 episodes, she gave us a glimpse what stories she wants to tell us. and I love it. she reminded us how adulthood can be so tiring, or boring, or pointless for some, it's the opposite of what we have in our youth, which full of excitement despite the tough situation we're in. So in love with how she brought us Hansu's struggle in life and Eunhee's down the memory lane with her first love.

Though they've been introduced from the early episodes, I was having a doubt what kind of issue that no hee kyung want to tell us for Jung joon and Young ok. Yes i already read all the synopsis of each characters in this drama, but i have no clue for some.

But, as I watch in the last ep, early in the ep, now we know that Seon ah was actually having a depression (good job on how she pictures us this one), and in the middle the young couple was having their "daunting moment" in youth life. As for the main charactes in the ep, I'm still figuring out what the issue is no hee kyung want to tell us.

After I rewatch some clips, and now i'm interested to Young ok's character development here. you know as some of you already mention that no hee kyung always give us the core of every characters in their dialog. just like Hansu and Eun hee, Young ok probably the same. here's a hint.

Screen-Shot-2022-04-19-at-5-12-52-AM.png

Why does she lie so much (to the villagers, to captain bae, and probably to Jung joon)? Is this her habitual behavior? what's the benefit? She's been moving a lot from city to city, and from her character desc she really is has no parent, i mean they died from her early age, and she doesn't want to be in close relationship with anyone in the village.

Not long ago, i've just finished watching a movie about a pathological liar, and Young ok's character remind me of the character in the movie. So what i want to say is, Young ok's character is quite similar to a pathological liar. Here's the definition of pathological lying.

Screen-Shot-2022-04-19-at-5-28-34-AM.png

Well i'm just guessing,:idk: But if No hee kyung want to highlight this issue too, i'm intrigued to see how the story goes? :popcornjackson:

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

April 19, 2022

‘Our Blues’ Episode 4 Recap: Han Ji Min and Kim Woo Bin’s Relationship Blossoms Into a Romance

by Hana Lee

about 23 hours ago

spacer.png  

Credit: tvN 

Episode 4 of tvN’s Our Blues showed a fishing boat captain named Park Jung Joon (played by Kim Woo Bin) being very upfront and honest about his feelings toward female diver Lee Young Ok (Han Ji Min), despite the numerous malicious rumors surrounding her.

The latest episode of Our Blues scored an average nationwide rating of 9.2 percent, ranking No.1 in its time slot across all channels.

Jung Joon cannot resist his growing feelings for Young Ok. One day, he witnesses another ship captain trying to flirt with her. As he keeps bothering her, Jung Joon decides to stay at her porch to keep the captain away from her house.

Just then, Young Ok asks Jung Joon to go for a walk together. He is more than happy to do so as he has become very fond of her. However, while walking along the night street, she brings up the stories about her ex-boyfriends even though she knows how he feels about her. He is frustrated as he slowly understands her intention to push him away.

While Jung Joon is organizing his thoughts, a rumor spreads through the seaside town that Young Ok is spreading lies. This leads other female divers to exclude her from their social circles. When she is on the verge of being kicked out, Jung Joon calls her out. She asks him, “Can you love someone who has much experience with men?” Jung Joon answers, “Yes,” without hesitation, creating romantic tension between the two.

As her gaze changed from flirtation to love, the two swooped in for a kiss and swooned many drama fans who were watching the breathtaking ending. With unconfirmed rumors and mysteries surrounding her, many wonder how the romance between the two will unfold.

Source:  https://zapzee.net/2022/04/18/our-blues-episode-4-recap-han-ji-min-and-kim-woo-bins-relationship-blossoms-into-a-romance/

• Like 9
  • Love 1

It is always a privelege to be included in a NHK drama. I have watched most of her dramas and I am planning to watch all. My bias is blessed to be included in this star studded drama. It may be omnibus style but I am enjoying it. Yeong ok's character might not be likeable at first but that's the beauty of NHK's drama. I can't wait for her and jung joon's journey. The cd cover speaks a thousand words:blush:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CchP3dSJ25J/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1

April 19 2022

@richelle  Thank you for sharing the  beautiful tune!  I do hope the romance between Jung Joon and Young Ok will have a happy ending.  Young Ok seemed to be attracted to Jung Joon and we know that Jung Joon is very much in love with Young Ok despite her flirtatious behaviour and her past history. He is also aware that Young Ok delayed surfacing to look for more sea products during the last expedition.

Eun Hee was happy to meet  Han Soo again.  However, as Han Soo is still a married man and cared for his family, their relationship is a non starter.  I am very disappointed  that Han Soo lied to Eun Hee about his  “separation”.  However, I admired Eun Hee’s generosity in sending funds to Han Soo knowing about his lies.  Nevertheless, Han Soo showed us that he has back bones when he returned the funds to Eun Hee.

Now that we know Sun Ah has mental issues, it would be interesting to find out what type of story line that scriptwriter

Noh Hee Kyung has written for Dong Suk and Sun Ah.  I sensed that it may be a sad one.  However, I hope she will surprise us with an unexpected  but happy scenario.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

April 20, 2022

spacer.png

“Our Blues” And Its Stars Sweep Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings

TV/FILM

Apr 20, 2022

by E. Cha

tvN’s new drama “Our Blues” dominated this week’s rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and cast members!

In its second week on air, “Our Blues” rose to No. 1 on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

Not only did “Our Blues top this week’s list of the most buzzworthy dramas, but its stars also claimed 4 out of the top 10 spots on the list of most buzzworthy cast members: Cha Seung Won came in at No. 1, Lee Jung Eun at No. 2, Han Ji Min at No. 4, and Kim Woo Bin at No. 10.

Lee Joon Gi, the star of SBS’s “Again My Life,” remained No. 3 on the actor list—and “Again My Life” also held onto its spot at No. 3 in the drama rankings.

Meanwhile, JTBC’s “My Liberation Notes” rose to No. 2 on the drama list, with stars Kim Ji Won and Son Seok Gu claiming No. 5 and No. 6 respectively in the actor rankings.

Kill Heel,which ranked No. 6 on the drama list, also made a strong showing on the actor list this week: stars Kim Ha Neul and Lee Hye Young ranked No. 7 and No. 8 respectively.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the second week of April are as follows:

1.  tvN “Our Blues”
  2.  JTBC “My Liberation Notes”
  3.  SBS “Again My Life”
  4.  MBC “Tomorrow”
  5. 5. JTBC “Green Mothers’ Club”
  6.  tvN “Kill Heel”
  7.  KBS2 Love Twist
  8. KBS “The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won"
  9.  tvN “Military Prosecutor Doberman
  10.  KBS2 “It’s Beautiful Now”

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Cha Seung Won (“Our Blues”)

2. Lee Jung Eun (“Our Blues”)

3. Lee Joon Gi (“Again My Life”)

4. Han Ji Min (“Our Blues”)

5. Kim Ji Won (“My Liberation Notes”)

6. Son Seok Gu (“My Liberation Notes”)

7. Kim Ha Neul (“Kill Heel”)

8. Lee Hye Young (“Kill Heel”)

9. Lee Yo Won (“Green Mothers’ Club”)

10. Kim Woo Bin (“Our Blues”)

Source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1522779wpp/our-blues-and-its-stars-sweep-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-rankings

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

April 20, 2022

tvN Drama released new poster 

spacer.png

Message from tvN Drama:  

"The two met again in Jeju,

'Dong Suk and Sun Ah' episode poster released

The story of Dong-seok and Sun Ah, who want to be happy now.

Check it out this week in <Our Blues>

Happy living all of us!

<Our Blues> [Saturday] 9:10 p.m. tvN

#tvN #Our Blues #OurBlues

#Lee Byung-hun #Shin Min-ah #Cha Seung-won #Lee Jeong-eun #Han Ji-min #Kim Woo-bin

#Kim Hye-Ja #Go Doo-Sim #Uhm Jung-Hwa #Streaming is TVING"

Source: IG of tvn_drama 

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

April 21, 2022

spacer.png

Lee Byung Hun, Shin Min Ah, And More Face The World Head-On In “Our Blues” Posters

DRAMA PREVIEW

Apr 20, 2022

by S. Nam

tvN’s “Our Blues” released two new posters to preview the upcoming episodes!

“Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters.

Spoilers

Episode 5 will focus on the high school couple Jung Hyun (Bae Hyun Sung) and Bang Young Joo (Noh Yoon Seo), who are dating in secret from their fathers who hate each other. Furthermore, the following episode will highlight the story of Lee Dong Suk (Lee Byung Hun) and Min Sun Ah (Shin Min Ah) who reunite on Jeju Island.

In the first poster, Jung Hyun and Bang Young Joo act affectionately while being sandwiched between their fathers Jung In Kwon (Park Ji Hwan) and Bang Ho Shik (Choi Young Joon). The text on the poster reads, “What! Is love a crime?” conveying their fresh and energetic romance.

The previous episode showcased Jung Hyun and Bang Young Joo’s relationship growing tense, resulting in the two being at odds with each other in the preview for episode 5. Viewers are looking forward to finding out how the couple will overcome this crisis.

spacer.png

Another poster captures Lee Dong Suk and Min Sun Ah reuniting. The prologue for episode 2 briefly showcased the two meeting seven years ago. Lee Dong Suk thought that Min Sun Ah also had feelings for him and kissed her, only to be hurt as Min Sun Ah stated, “Me? I like you?” The next prologue of Min Sun Ah in episode 4 revealed that she is suffering from depression while raising a child.

In the poster, Lee Dong Suk wears a gaze of yearning as he looks at Min Sun Ah who has a lonely and melancholy expression while staring far off into the distance. The text reads, “Having lived a difficult life, I want to be happy if only to feel less wronged.” The two wounded people who want to become happy again will reunite, raising anticipation for their story to come.

spacer.png

The next episode of “Our Blues” will air on April 23 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Source:  https://www.soompi.com/article/1522829wpp/lee-byung-hun-shin-min-ah-and-more-face-the-world-head-on-in-our-blues-posters

• Like 6

20220421-143714.gif

hai everyone. :D let me just say, first of all, if you are a cinematography and filmography junkie, this drama will do for you. the shots are breathtaking, the colors used, how they complement the actors in a very real and beautiful way, it adds realism to it all. :D as for me, this drama is so special because it was there with me on my hard difficult days to cool me down, I watch this and instantly feel so refreshed and happy. it does not have any irritating cliches or annoying overacting you might see in some kdramas. the third and the fourth episodes carried more energy and nuance, compared to their predecessors. a continuation of the third one too deals with bank manager Han Su and his childhood lover Eun Hee. :D the conservativeness of the elderlies is challenged by an independent Eun Hee, whereas money and adulthood destroy age-old friendships. the more the story moves forward, the more we understand how closely knit the people of Jeju Island are. most importantly the location of the drama with the beautiful beach, looks so gorgeous and refreshing. that's when Eun Hee's description makes sense people in Jeju even knows the number of underwear their neighbours have. :D in episode 4, puts Captain Jeong Joon with Young Ok were entertaining enough and they seemed to be very aware of what it was. in more trouble arises when Young Ok goes on diving but doesn't surface back on the Captain's command and through the first four and a half episodes of its run, there's a scene shows Seon Ah starred by Shin Min A who suffers from a rude husband character and has symptoms of depression, she has just moved to Jeju, this to be the best way for her to achieve a good recovery and wellness in her mental health, as usual, versatile actress Min A Ssi, she acted so well. moreover, the setting of this story is located in the seaside, from my point of view, the writer and director did an excellent job at captivating its viewers to connect with all the Jeong Joon part is, with the beautiful shots, sounds, and its people. the characters. all of them. this is not just a story of the leads, but everyone involved, you will grow to love them as if you know them. the stories of all the characters within the stories, including their flaws, tragedies and mistakes. the episode ends with Yeong Ok meeting Jeong Joon and visiting the bus he lives in. there she finds the inscriptions about her and the latter asks her out. she replies that he will get hurt to which Jeong Joon calmly asks her not to hurt him. :D anyhow, she moves toward him and makes it appear as if she is kissing him and the screen fades to black. I wish I could skip an entire week just to watch the next one. :D

largephoto1456377.jpg

source

https://www.netflix.com/my-en/title/81568842

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3

April 21 2022

Lee Yeon Bok  posted some of photos at the filming  site of 'Our Blues' 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Lee Yeon Bok, a South Korean Taiwanese chef and TV personality posted some photos from the filming site of  'Our Blues' on his IG @Fuxtom.   His message:

" ‘Our Blues’ filming site

Kim Hye Ja, who has been living in a neighborhood for a long time, gave me a lot of affection

Lee Byung Hun, who always takes good care of people around him when we meet

The vibe of the set is amazing! ♡♡♡

#OurBlues #KimHyeja

#Go Doo-sim #Lee Byung-hun #Cha Seung-won

#Lee Yeonbok" 

IG of @Fuxtom 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

Shin Min Ah Is Lost In Her Sadness In “Our Blues”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Apr 22, 2022
by S. Nam

tvN’s “Our Blues” released a preview of the upcoming episode!

“Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters.

Spoilers

Episode 6 will depict the story of Lee Dong Suk (Lee Byung Hun), a truck salesman, reuniting with Min Sun Ah when she returns to Jeju Island with a wound in her heart. In the prologue for episode 4, Min Sun Ah was portrayed having a difficult time while struggling with depression. She made efforts to smile in front of her child, but she was barely able to take care of herself while also experiencing conflicts with her husband.

The new stills capture a lonely Min Sun Ah walking alongside the seashore at night. She uses her arms to embrace herself as she faces the cold sea breeze. Her gaze conveys deep sadness, making viewers wonder why she returned to Jeju Island alone.

Shin-Min-Ah-3.jpeg

Furthermore, a previous episode revealed that Lee Dong Suk had kissed Min Sun Ah in the past because he had feelings for her, but Min Sun Ah had responded coldly, leaving Lee Dong Suk hurt by her words. The production team shared, “Harboring a wound, Sun Ah comes back down to Jeju Island, which was a place of refuge for her in the past. Sun Ah’s appearance will shake up Pureung Village once again. Her relationship with Dong Suk will also be reconnected. Please show lots of interest and anticipation for episode 6’s ‘Dong Suk and Sun Ah’ story, which will capture their emotional reunion.”

The next episode of “Our Blues” will air on April 23 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1523177wpp/shin-min-ah-is-lost-in-her-sadness-in-our-blues

• Like 5

To watch Min Sun ah struggling with depression was hard to see. It was a heartbroken scene when she saw her husband and son return home and realised that it was evening and she could not explain how time passed. It is hard for people who suffers from mental illness and their family all together.   

I have sensed that Min Sun Ah returned at Jeju 7 years ago because she had a hard time and now I know what it was. She will return once again when she need it the most and I hope she gets comfort and get help from people she knows and care for her.

I am glad that she decided to take action, to change her life. That`s what I think at this point. It is possible that her husband decided to divorce her and she faced another  crissis but I think she left Seoul on her own accord to get up on her feet again after realising how serious her depression is. Either way, I cheer for her to get on her feet again.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1