[Drama 2022] Our Blues, 우리들의 블루스

larus

Emotional And Touching Lines From “Our Blues” That Resonated With Viewers

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 13, 2022
by S. Nam

tvN’s “Our Blues” is touching viewers with its heartwarming and comforting stories!

“Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters. Last week, the drama soared into the double digits in ratings to achieve its highest score to date with an average nationwide rating of 11.2 percent.

Below are three situations from the show with emotional lines that spoke to viewers!

Spoilers

Lee Jung Eun’s gift to Cha Seung Won

Choi Han Soo (Cha Seung Won) was having a difficult time supporting his family since he lacked money, while Jung Eun Hee (Lee Jung Eun) has a lot of money but only lived to support her family. In the “Han Soo and Eun Hee” episode, the two friends from the same high school reunited for the first time in 20 years. Jung Eun Hee was disappointed to learn that her first love Choi Han Soo had fooled her because he needed money, but she still generously defended her friend.

Jung Eun Hee went on to send Choi Han Soo 200 million won (approximately $156,000) with the message, “When you run a business, sometimes you lose money. It’s not like it only happens once or twice, so don’t worry about it, and take it.” However, Choi Han Soo returned the money and stated, “At least this once, I don’t want you to have to make a losing deal after having to make so many in life.” Although Jung Eun Hee’s first love didn’t come true, Choi Han Soo gained the strength to continue moving forwards thanks to Jung Eun Hee.

Our-Blues-16.jpeg

Park Ji Hwan’s tearful words

The episode centering on single fathers Jung In Kwon (Park Ji Hwan) and Bang Ho Shik (Choi Young Joon) resonated with parents all over the world. Having worked at the markets without rest to raise their children, the two parents were frustrated when their children’s lives took unexpected turns. The tough and strong looking Jung In Kwon was hurt by his son’s words, “I was embarrassed by you,” while Bang Ho Shik was hurt to see his daughter leave home.

However, the parents once again lost to their children and eventually chose to support them. Viewers also teared up along with the fathers at the scenes where their children apologized to them. Jung In Kwon cried as he stated, “You were the only source of pride for me in this world. But you’re embarrassed of me?”

Our-Blues-15.jpeg

Lee Byung Hun’s support for Shin Min Ah

Min Sun Ah (Shin Min Ah) fell into deep sadness and appeared to have lost all hope when she lost her custody battle for her son. Lee Dong Suk (Lee Byung Hun) did his best to sincerely support Min Sun Ah in his rough way even after everyone left Min Sun Ah’s side. Lee Dong Suk asked, “If the mom dies without having been happy all her life, how will the kid enjoy life?” and stated, “I’m not telling you to not be sad. I’m telling you to not only be sad like my mom.” While bringing Min Sun Ah out of her sadness, Lee Dong Suk also hinted at how he had been hurt when he was younger by his mother.

Watching the sunrise together, the two expressed their hopes to become happy. Lee Dong Suk remarked, “If you turn around like this, there’s a whole different world,” delivering comfort to not only Min Sun Ah but to the viewers as well.

Spoiler

Our-Blues-8.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1526204wpp/emotional-and-touching-lines-from-our-blues-that-resonated-with-viewers

• Like 6

Watch: Shin Min Ah, Lee Byung Hun, And More Film With High Spirits In Cold Weather For “Our Blues”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 13, 2022
by S. Cho

“Our Blues” has shared a behind the scenes look at filming for Episodes 9 and 10!

tvN’s “Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters.

The making clip begins with a romantic evening scene between Han Ji Min and Kim Woo Bin. While Kim Woo Bin rehearses his plan for the upcoming scene, Han Ji Min, Lee Jung Eun, and the other ladies have a blast dancing around, leading the producers to jokingly call them the “musical team.”

Following a high-tension dance scene, Han Ji Min makes everyone laugh when she tells Lee Jung Eun, “Your dance moves keep developing. They’re becoming more diverse.”

The remainder of the video focuses on scenes with Shin Min Ah and Lee Byung Hun as they film by the water, in the fields with horses, and more. Even while filming outside in the cold weather, the duo diligently check over their lines together to perfect their upcoming scene.

At their poster shoot, Shin Min Ah asks Lee Byung Hun whether he’s prepared a dance for their upcoming karaoke scenes. He answers, “[I prepared] The very beginning. It’s nothing special.” Shin Min Ah clarifies, “Choreography?” Lee Byung Hun makes her giggle as he replies, “Yes. It’s not a big deal. It’s just freestyle. It becomes freestyle later.” Shin Min Ah comments, “It’d be so funny if you did choreography.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1526277wpp/watch-shin-min-ah-lee-byung-hun-and-more-film-with-high-spirits-in-cold-weather-for-our-blues

• Like 6

Lee Byung Hun Helps A Heartbroken Shin Min Ah Get Back On Her Feet In “Our Blues”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 14, 2022
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Our Blues” has shared a sneak peek of the final chapter of Shin Min Ah and Lee Byung Hun’s story!

“Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters. In addition to Shin Min Ah and Lee Byung Hun, the star-studded cast includes Kim Woo Bin, Han Ji Min, Cha Seung Won, Lee Jung Eun, Kim Hye Ja, Uhm Jung Hwa, and more.

Spoilers

Previously on “Our Blues,” Lee Dong Suk (Lee Byung Hun) tried to comfort the devastated Min Sun Ah (Shin Min Ah) after she lost her child custody trial. Min Sun Ah opened up to her friend about how her depression made her feel, and he helped her find peace and hope amidst one of the most difficult times in her life.

In the drama’s upcoming episode, “Our Blues” will air the final installment of Lee Dong Suk and Min Sun Ah’s arc, with their bittersweet story coming to an end. Now that Min Sun Ah knows she will be unable to live in Jeju with her son, she has no reason to return to her hometown, so she chooses to remain in Seoul. Seeing Min Sun Ah struggle to make a fresh start, Lee Dong Suk stays by her side in Seoul and tries to find ways to help her in her time of need.

Newly released stills from the episode capture Lee Dong Suk tenderly doting on Min Sun Ah as she takes her first steps away from her past pain and sorrow. Not only does he help out around the house, but he even tries to smooth out the frown on her face as she sleeps, revealing just how invested he is in making sure she finds happiness.

A final photo shows Min Sun Ah tearing up as she makes a new pledge, piquing viewers’ curiosity as to what she could be so determined to achieve as she sets out on a new chapter of her life.

Shin-Min-Ah-Lee-Byung-Hun2.jpg

Shin-Min-Ah-Lee-Byung-Hun-2.jpg

Spoiler

Shin-Min-Ah3.jpg

The producers of “Our Blues” teased, “Dong Suk gives Sun Ah his support and encouragement, but Sun Ah also throws a question his way about his mother. Please stay tuned for the emotional final story of these two characters.”

The next episode of “Our Blues” will air on May 14 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1526290wpp/lee-byung-hun-helps-a-heartbroken-shin-min-ah-get-back-on-her-feet-in-our-blues

• Like 5

Kim Woo Bin And Han Ji Min Get Closer On A Romantic Trip In “Our Blues”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 14, 2022
by E. Cha

Get ready for romance to blossom on the next episode of tvN’s “Our Blues”!

“Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters. In addition to Kim Woo Bin and Han Ji Min, the star-studded cast includes Lee Byung Hun, Shin Min Ah, Cha Seung Won, Lee Jung Eun, Kim Hye Ja, Uhm Jung Hwa, and more.

Han Ji Min stars in the drama as Lee Young Ok, a rookie haenyeo (female diver that harvests sea life for a living), while Kim Woo Bin plays warm-hearted ship captain Park Jung Joon.

Spoilers

Previously on “Our Blues,” Park Jung Joon made up his mind not to let others deter him from pursuing his growing feelings for Lee Young Ok. While he was briefly swayed by the rumors that she was going around telling lies, Park Jung Joon ultimately decided that he would only believe what Lee Young Ok herself had to say, instead of listening to other people. To show her how he felt, he told her that he wanted to go on the trip that she had suggested.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Park Jung Joon and Lee Young Ok take off on their romantic first trip together. As they enjoy some quality time together on beautiful Gapado Island, the couple gets closer than ever—and Lee Young Ok looks right at home wrapped up in Park Jung Joon’s arms.

Han-Ji-Min-Kim-Woo-Bin-2.jpg

Kim-Woo-Bin-Han-Ji-Min.jpg

Spoiler

Kim-Woo-Bin-Han-Ji-Min-2.jpg

Han-Ji-Min-Kim-Woo-Bin-3.jpg

However, there may be storm clouds looming in the distance for these would-be lovers: throughout their idyllic vacation, Lee Young Ok continues to receive texts and calls from the mysterious person who’s been messaging her nonstop. As Park Jung Joon is already aware that someone keeps contacting her, it remains to be seen how he will react to these continuing phone calls.

To find out what happens to the couple on their trip, tune in to the next episode of “Our Blues” on May 14 at 9:10 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1526317wpp/kim-woo-bin-and-han-ji-min-get-closer-on-a-romantic-trip-in-our-blues

• Like 6

May 14, 2022

'Our Blues' Lee Byung Hun and Shin Min Ah, what kind of relationship will remain?

Screenshot_2022-05-14_at_5.05.34_PM.png

Credit: tvN drama

Screenshot_2022-05-14_at_5.05.45_PM.png

Credit: tvN drama

Attention is focused on the last story of Lee Byung Hun and Shin Min Ah, who comforted each other.

In the tvN weekend drama 'Our Blues', Lee Byung Hun (Lee Dong Seok) and Shin Min-ah (Min Sun Ah) warmly colored the small screen with a story of finding hope to live again in even in a difficult life. Thanks to the passionate performances of the two actors, the 10th episode (broadcast on May 8) surpassed 13.4% of households in the Seoul metropolitan area (based on the paid platform / provided by Nielsen Korea) and broke its own highest ratings.

On this day, Lee Byung Hun's consolation of bringing Shin Min Ah out of sadness was depicted.  After losing her custody trial and unable to live with her son, Shin Min-ah fell into a swamp of deep depression. The presence of Lee Byung Hun, who told Shin Min Ah that she should continue to live, was a great help. Shin Min Ah, who was left alone after her husband and her family all left, stood up again with Lee Byung Hun's consolation, and the sight of the two holding hands made them cheer.

In the midst of this, episode 11, which will be aired on the 14th, contains the last story of the episode of 'Dong-seok and Seon-ah'. Shin Min-ah is unable to live with her son in Jeju, and she has no reason to return to Jeju, so she stays in Seoul. Even though she is still struggling, she decides to start anew. Lee Byung Hun is worried about Shin Min Ah, who has just come out of her sorrow, finds something to help her.

Lee Byung Hun and Shin Min Ah in the 11th still cut, which was released, began cleaning the house and are shaking off the pain and sadness accumulated here.  Lee Byung Hun moves her furniture so that Shin Min Ah can rest and live at home, and even leaves a surprise gift.  Lee Byung Hun's warm touch that straightens the sleeping Shin Min Ah's frown; his heart for her happiness is felt.

Another still cut shows Shin Min-ah making a strong expression with tears in her eyes. It is  not tears with sad and gloomy feelings.  Interest is paying attention to what Shin Min Ah's new resolution will be, which she vowed with hot tears.  With Shin Min-ah's new start, people are curious about what kind of relationship the two will have. The production team said, "Lee Byung Hun gives support to Shin Min Ah, but Shin Min Ah also asks Lee Byung Hun about his mother. Please keep an eye on the last story of the two lovers."

Episode 11 of "Our Blues" will air today (14th) at 9:10 p.m.

Reporter Hwang So-young hwang.soyoung@joongang.co.kr

Source: https://isplus.joins.com/2022/05/14/enter/entertainment/20220514115448290.html

• Like 5

Sigh those bunch of "haenyeos".. I get that they're underwater with no timekeeper nor an oxygen tank but, the cliquey mean girl pack mentality is too much. Although next ep. preview show somethin' drastic happened that will shock Yeon Ok to her senses..

Real curious as to who her mystery caller is as well~ Glad that Seon Ah is taking steps to recover and take control of her life.. I just feel bad for Dong Seok LoL.

Dong Seok's mom act.. weird ha. She has like dull senses ; childlike almost. Love the way Joon pull Yeon Ok into a backward embrace and the kiss he gave on her head - what a beautiful cp.

• Like 6

May 15, 2022

"Our Blues"  Lee Byung Hun and Kim Hye Ja. "When did I ask you to give birth to me?”

spacer.png

"Our Blues" Ko Doo Sim told Lee Byung Hun that he would regret Kim Hye Ja's death, but Lee Byung Hun did not even listen.

In tvN's weekend drama "Our Blues" (written by Noh Hee Kyung/directed by Kim Kyu Tae, Kim Yang Hee, and Lee Jung Mook), Lee Dong Seok (played by Lee Byung Hun) was angry at Kang Ok Dong (played by Kim Hye Ja).

Lee Dong Seok kept paying attention to  how Kang Ok Dong, who came to eat at Jung In-kwon's (Park Ji Hwan) store, was eating. Kang Ok Dong came to Lee Dong Seok’s store and bought clothes. Lee Dong Seok became nervous and closed his business for the day.  He went to Kang Ok Dong and said, "Don't come to my business. Don't touch me because I'm holding back my anger." Hyun Chun Hee (Ko Doo Sim) scolded his mother for giving birth to him.  Lee Dong Seok seok was even more angry at Hyun Chun-Hee and said:  "When did I ask you to give birth to me because I want to see this dirty world?"

Hyun Chun Hee said, "Your mother will die the day after tomorrow. When your mother dies, there will surely be a day when you will regret it." Lee Dong Seok said, "Everyone will die someday," and did not bend at all, "If my little mother dies, I will hit the ground and regret it." Let's not see each other for the rest of our lives."

Source:  https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4680513

*****************************************************************************************************

Lee Dong Soek has displayed deep affection for Min Sun Ah. This showed that he is basically a sensitive person capable of having feelings for the person he loves.  

It is regretful that Dong Seok never forgave his mother for the resentment he had bottled up since childhood.  Would be devastated when we found out that's mother is dying of late stage cancer?  I guess we will find out during the last three episodes of this drama.  

• Like 4

I loved the Seon-ah and Dong-seok story arc and how the story ended. Although they ended apart, for now, I think it's important for her to become stronger on her own without having him to lean on all the time. The last time we see her, we see her taking the first positive steps towards healing, and that was so nice to see. I hope she will be okay.

I'm also glad that her husband didn't turn out to be a terrible guy. He does seem to be genuinely rooting for her to recover from her crippling depression and become a good mother to their son, even if he didn't know how to help her while they were married. They didn't work as a married couple, but they can obviously become good co-parents.

• Like 7

When Yeong ok is talking to YJ, she mentioned about her parents and she said when disaster and she was born. Is the one calling her a sibling of hers? YJ ask her about disaster but she avoided the question. Is the translation in Netflix accurate? I think her mysterious caller is her sibling with special needs. 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

Lee Jung Eun Has Mixed Feelings About Reuniting With Uhm Jung Hwa In “Our Blues”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 15, 2022
by S. P

tvN’s “Our Blues” revealed new stills of Lee Jung Eun, Uhm Jung Hwa, and more from tonight’s episode!

“Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters. In addition to Kim Woo Bin and Han Ji Min, the star-studded cast includes Lee Byung Hun, Shin Min Ah, Cha Seung Won, Lee Jung Eun, Kim Hye Ja, Uhm Jung Hwa, and more.

Lee Jung Eun stars as Jung Eun Hee, the owner of a fish store. Uhm Jung Hwa takes on the role of city girl Go Mi Ran.

Spoilers

Go Mi Ran and Jung Eun Hee are friends who couldn’t be any more different. Go Mi Ran, who grew up in affluence, took care of Jung Eun Hee in her family’s difficult circumstances, and the pair became the definition of loyalty. Although they now live in different places as adults, they have still continued their friendship.

The pair’s story will begin when Go Mi Ran, who lives in Seoul, suddenly arrives in Jeju island. New stills show Go Mi Ran’s arrival at the airport, and she smiles brightly as she shares a hug with her longtime friend. As they walk through the parking lot, Jung Eun Hee drags Go Mi Ran’s numerous suitcases and bags.

Lee-Jung-Eun-Uhm-Jung-Hwa.jpeg

Former classmates Jung In Kwon (Park Ji Hwan) and Kim Myung Bo (Kim Kwang Kyu) are also excited to hear that their ‘Forever Queen’ is returning to the island. Other villagers, including the elders Kang Ok Dong (Kim Hye Ja) and Hyun Choon Hee (Go Doo Shim) also welcome Go Mi Ran with warm smiles. However, Jung Eun Hee’s bitter expression is a stark contrast from their hustle and bustle, making viewers curious about the two friends’ reunion.

Lee-Jung-Eun.jpeg

Spoiler

Park-Ji-Hwan-Kim-Kwang-Kyu.jpeg

Uhm-Jung-Hwa-Kim-Hye-Ja-Go-Doo-Shim.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1526427wpp/lee-jung-eun-has-mixed-feelings-about-reuniting-with-uhm-jung-hwa-in-our-blues

• Like 5

“Again My Life” And “Our Blues” Stay Strong Amidst Stiff Competition For Saturday Night Ratings

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 15, 2022
by E. Cha

The battle for Saturday night drama ratings rages on!

On May 14, tvN’s “Our Blues” successfully defended its position at first place in its time slot across all channels (including public broadcast networks) despite a slight fall in its viewership ratings. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the star-studded drama scored an average nationwide rating of 10.4 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1526382wpp/again-my-life-and-our-blues-stay-strong-amidst-stiff-competition-for-saturday-night-ratings

• Like 5

The truth came out of Young Ok's mouth. In the end,  she never lied But she didn't want to tell about the family, she had a clue in her heart. her rumor A group of people who think of destroying opportunities Just believing the rumours Acting as a vigilante against people without evidence Blame it for whatever reason think by yourself can destroy someone's dream Just believe that you must be like this.  It's so unreasonable  Reason Just believing the rumours Obstacles at Young Ok Being on the island is not easy. A big wave of gray skies is coming, Captain Park and Young Ok love. obstacles ahead How will they handle it?

The person who called Young Ok I think that should have been a benefactor to her. Probably have Alzheimer's because I can't remember anything Forget what you are doing Somewhat emotionally confused. Brain consciousness. Young Ok can't let anyone know. she orphaned her parents Had a painful past as well.:cry:

Edited by Noysnaka
  • Like 4
  • Awesome 1

I may mention it too frequently but this show is just so realistically beautiful at times....

Ep 11-12 my take.

Finally Min Seon Ah was able to hear Dong Seok's voice over and saw the light in darkness however dim it was , it is  a start, atleast what I took from it.

Maybe I missed some narration but why is Dong S always angry at his mum, who was literally holding her hands tightly that Her son grabbed to return the change. 

DS and PJJ bonding over Lovvvveeee feeling of Lovvvingggg oblivious and not so oblivious Ladies was so fun , its a gender swap for a change , usually girls talk like that hahaha...

PJJ and Miss Ok and their cutesy cutesy love, Captain is so cutee...and the trailer Hug <KWB's torso and her hugging him so up I went in lalaland....hahaha >, also will EP 13 finally reveal the One and Only mystery artist caller?

:sparklyeyes:

But Captain I feel has made a family inside his head and Miss Ok is not that innnn yet, she I feel is still at testing phase, that girl has gone through some harshness or trauma I feel, like Captain get to know her more.

Side Note : This week ALSO Captain IS Breaking Off Fights, its should be in his CV !

Eun Hui, "What? We are perfect for each other and fit each other , She is the Princess and I am her maid!!!" 

I have had a best friend like that, and  we feel some sort of obligation and loyality and never end up communicating our insecurities or anger. EH was hurt as a teen and yet because she was always in some way felt indebted to Mi-Ran could never really word it out, that led to Mi ran always taking her for granted "She is always there for my Beck and Call". 

Not everyone is self aware, not everyone has the guts to or feel like Wording everything out. In a relationship communication is necessary , and then maybe if the other person still does not get it, be your own princess and maid. EH made me feel hurt the feeling is very personal and true. Thank You Writer Nim for showing this angle too.

• Like 5

Just wanna say Woo Bin is one sexy mofo LoL. Min Ah you lucky girl you.:tounge_wink: I liked that Cap. Joon still chose to trust Yeon Ok unconditionally.. sigh what a man~ Thanks to ahjumma Chun Hee for asking those questions LoL. Though will need to tune into next ep. to find out what Yeon Ok's replies were BoO.

It's nice that Young Joo's dad is on Eun Hee's side but I also think he does it 'cause he crushes on Eun Hee. Mi Ran was awful to call Eun Hee a doormat and her slave like gee that's called loyalty!? Some friend she is! At the same time.. Mi Ran look lonely(?) Like sort of pitiful. She looks sad as well despite her cheery disposition & excessive hyper energy.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

12 hours ago, Noysnaka said:

The truth came out of Young Ok's mouth. In the end,  she never lied But she didn't want to tell about the family, she had a clue in her heart. her rumor A group of people who think of destroying opportunities Just believing the rumours Acting as a vigilante against people without evidence Blame it for whatever reason think by yourself can destroy someone's dream Just believe that you must be like this.  It's so unreasonable  Reason Just believing the rumours Obstacles at Young Ok Being on the island is not easy. A big wave of gray skies is coming, Captain Park and Young Ok love. obstacles ahead How will they handle it?

The person who called Young Ok I think that should have been a benefactor to her. Probably have Alzheimer's because I can't remember anything Forget what you are doing Somewhat emotionally confused. Brain consciousness. Young Ok can't let anyone know. she orphaned her parents Had a painful past as well.:cry:

She said when "Disaster" and she was born. I think she has a twin sister with special needs. Wow if this is it, I will not complain. Seeing 2 ji min's is a treat for sure. Thank you NHK writer nim:blush:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1