[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

57 minutes ago, kboramint said:

Netflix has really spoiled us with possibilities of a second season to every k-drama they have distributed. Before Netflix, 99.9% of the dramas that came from Korea were limited one season shows.   

They have... It is just moving so slowly I wonder if they are taking their sweet time because we will have many more episodes to come.

• Like 2

So many baekdo moments that i keep repeating them. It's an hour drama but i spent 30 minutes more because of the rewinding. The head bump!! I love how 2521 can bring simple gesture into something bigger than intimate physical touch.

I'd like to talk about one of my favorite baekdo scene. When Hee Do smiled saying that what her mom did was a tragedy for her but it's an inspiration for Yi Jin, and that is a good thing in itself. Na Hee Do and turning tragedy into comedy slogan again. I fell for nth time for Hee Do that moment. And i'm sure Yi Jin did too.

Here's text preview for ep 12.

Apparently Seung Wan report the school for the excessive punishment towards student but the result is not as planned. Something happens to Ye Ji again that makes Hee Do and Yu Rim refuse the training. To welcome the new millennium the squad gathered in Yi Jin's room to talk about the destruction of the earth

• Like 2

Based on the long preview, that looks like a university dorm building. Are they already in college by Episode 12?  

6 minutes ago, bee_wannabe said:

To welcome the new millennium the squad gathered in Yi Jin's room to talk about the destruction of the earth

I'm assuming they are talking about Y2K bug. 

• Like 2

Another lovely episode that made me tear up (mother/daughter bonding), well-done 2521 team!

I know there are several theories about the ending of 2521.  I am in the camp of a very sad ending but their 2521 sweet memories will live on. I hope I am very wrong but there have been so many foreshadowing hints from both HD & YJ, especially after today’s episode in the beginning (dinner scene) and close to the end (YJ commenting about fireworks).  This is the same team that worked on Mr. Sunshine & the same main actress.  The only explanation why adult HD did not remember her first beach trip probably because she tried to suppress her pain (just like her mom did).  Same as 19 year old HD who got stuck in 13, adult HD could not move on from her 21 because something very tragic did happen.  I wish everyone could live happily ever after but I fear it’s not what the writer had in mind. Regardless the ending, I just want to savor this sweet nostalgic drama. It brought me back to my high school days and just like HD I once thought those moments would last forever. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, seabysea18 said:

I know there are several theories about the ending of 2521.  I am in the camp of a very sad ending but their 2521 sweet memories will live on. I hope I am very wrong but there have been so many foreshadowing hints from both HD & YJ, especially after today’s episode in the beginning (dinner scene) and close to the end (YJ commenting about fireworks).  This is the same team that worked on Mr. Sunshine & the same main actress.  The only explanation why adult HD did not remember her first beach trip probably because she tried to suppress her pain (just like her mom did).  Same as 19 year old HD who got stuck in 13, adult HD could not move on from her 21 because something very tragic did happen.

Spoiler

While I agree that it might be a sad ending, I don't believe it's going involve around HD and YJ but rather around HD and YR. HD's true "first love". The "ex" that MC assumed HD was talking about in Hee-Do's diary. The girl that HD's mom pointed out while looking at a old photo of the 5 friends were sitting together. HD's chat friend that moved on to start dating Ji-Woong.    

• Like 2

5 hours ago, carolinedl said:

They have... It is just moving so slowly I wonder if they are taking their sweet time because we will have many more episodes to come.

Hmmm. NJH should be signing up for military this year so we'll have season 2 in 3 years time? haha

saw a reddit theory that the beach photo album is yijin's that's why heedo does not remember.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, tvN’s “Twenty Five, Twenty One” held steady at its all-time high of 10.9 percent, continuing its reign at first place in its time slot across all channels (even including public broadcast networks). The drama also remained first place among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned a nationwide average of 6.1 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/love-ft-marriage-and-divorce-3-ratings-hit-new-high-as-twenty-five-twenty-one-remains-no-1/#ixzz7O35E6i6o

• Like 3

5 hours ago, seabysea18 said:

This is the same team that worked on Mr. Sunshine & the same main actress.  

But the writer is from search WWW, and mr sunshine was written by KES, Director is doing their job to directing, they arent the one who wrote the script.  We will see what happen to 25 21, so far this drama doesn't have big confict or heavy plot, while mr sunshine was super intense and happened at the war period time so tragic ending is expected, it is not quite comparable to 25 21 honestly, especially both are written by different people

Someone mentioned before that 25 21 has quite similarities with search WWW, as far as I know search WWW has happy ending.

9 hours ago, carolinedl said:

I doubt it, because this is not netflix original and NJH has to enlist. I think they really want to highlight the 'youth' age of NHD and only little bit of romance in the end

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Skysky said:

I doubt it, because this is not netflix original and NJH has to enlist. I think they really want to highlight the 'youth' age of NHD and only little bit of romance in the end

Agree. I think the main theme of the drama is reminiscing the oldie but goodie memories of their youth day. To encourage ppl these days, in the middle of the hard times, you still need to seize and enjoy every moment.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Hee Do You wouldn’t hit me ,  you freak out if I get hurt And say I have to see doctor:D

Oppa : game is a game :lol:

Yijin gets his priority straight and clear...

Love is love..game is game..

Love is love..but he still wants his pencil case..

:offtospace:

7 hours ago, bee_wannabe said:

The head bump!! I love how 2521 can bring simple gesture into something bigger than intimate physical touch.

It was just a freakin' HEAD BUMP..

It was just a simple HUG..

It was just an ARM LOCK..

It was just a SMILE, repeatedly..

But they managed to make it like their own way of expressing their love with each other.

:happy2:

Truthfully speaking, i've been skipping all the Min Chae cuts since 4th or 5th episode, and decided to focus on Hee Do & Yijin's "present time" instead. Chances are am gon' be heartbroken anyway in the upcoming episodes so why take the risk and prevent myself from enjoying their moments together. It may and may not be last forever, GOD only knows, and so i refuse to ruin the joy of seeing their love blossoming by worrying too much. but this is just me. ^^

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

50 minutes ago, Woodshop said:

Yijin gets his priority straight and clear...

Love is love..game is game..

Love is love..but he still wants his pencil case..

It was just a freakin' HEAD BUMP..

It was just a simple HUG..

It was just an ARM LOCK..

It was just a SMILE, repeatedly..

but this is just me. ^^

Me too :sweet:just saying

Let me be happy for now.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

On 3/19/2022 at 1:47 PM, aisling said:

Heedo really thought Yijin wouldn’t flick her forehead lol.

Little did HeeDo know, love hits HARDER :heartxoxo:

2 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Me too :sweet:just saying

Let me be happy for now.

We cant avoid the tears anyway, so let us be enjoy their moments while we can.

:sad1:

• Love 1
  • Blob 1