[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

1 hour ago, carolinedl said:

@Kathia Wow that's hardcore!! ha ha... I'll take the passing each other without much of a sign over death any time !!!

Ahahahah of course I wouldn't wish for death, but I'd rather have a tragic ending than a frustrating one ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carolinedl said:

I know!! At first I was totally rooting for YR and JW but seeing how SW watched them and based on some of the things she said and felt, I think there might be more... I am torn because I like SW so I want her to have a fling with someone and at the same time, I don't want over the top drama.

I do hope we'll get more of SW in the upcoming episodes. I really like her and I am quite intrigued.

@Kathia Wow that's hardcore!! ha ha... I'll take the passing each other without much of a sign over death any time !!!

Not to sound depressing but if my theory is right then I don't think JW and YR end up together later in life. I could see him ending up with SW.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, aisling said:

I think there’s not a single person who likes casting of older Na Heedo. I still don’t understand why they couldn’t age Taeri up. The possibilities with makeup to make someone look older are quite vast. Especially when they kept the actress playing her mum in the present timeline.

Couldn’t they at least find an actress who resembles Taeri? There’s just not a single similar trait - the way she moves, the way she talks…. It’s truly like watching a different person.

There’s this bitter taste in my mouth after adult Heedo said she didn’t remember a beach trip. If she went to tens of similar trips it’d be more understandable that she forgot. But she only went once and she didn’t remember it? What the heck?

If this drama’s message is that nothing lasts forever, then they shouldn’t have made us root for Yijin in the first place. They shouldn’t have made us see his story and root for him to succeed and find his happiness. I want to know how his story ends. I’m not interested in some random dude with a surname Kim who will end up with Heedo.

This is as equally Yijin’s story as it’s Heedo’s.

I agree. I actually read a pann post back then that also criticize her acting (after eps 1-2), it's not about similarity with KTR but her own acting is kinda awkward. I wish they put more senior actress to play middle age NHD whos doing a lot of research about the character so they don't look like total different person like now, eventhough she is senior musical actress, I read her profile this drama is only her 2nd drama. . .probably she isn't used to act in drama, she does look awkward to me

I love BYJ so much, he is one of my fav male lead ever TBH, such a selfless, mature and kind boy, but his life is rough, among the taeyang squad he has the hardest life, eps 10 was painful to watch.

I think I am fine with him didnt ended up with NHD, since present NHD already has husband and minchae dad now isnt him so its expected, but I won't accept if they decided to kill him or anything only for the sake of separation with NHD, well eventhough I am also the one who predict that but I still hoping that my own theory is wrong. He deserved happiness and rainbow after what hes going through, even if he didnt end up with NHD. He could go back to college and working on NASA since its his dream (NHD also reached her dream, in earlier eps she said she makes history in fencing world) and found his own soulmate, its enough for me

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skysky said:

I agree. I actually read a pann post back then that also criticize her acting (after eps 1-2), it's not about similarity with KTR but her own acting is kinda awkward.

From what I heard,  this is her first TV role. She's normally a stage/musical actress. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

I just love their beach trip. It was so amazing. They really did a great job of capturing that moment of youth, when your life feels so full of possibilities, your friends mean the whole world, and your entire being feels like it's bursting with excitement.

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

52 minutes ago, kboramint said:

From what I heard,  this is her first TV role. She's normally a stage/musical actress. 

Umm yes. .I already wrote it above tho lol. Its ok probably you dont read till finish

2 hours ago, Skysky said:

she is senior musical actress, I read her profile this drama is only her 2nd drama. . .probably she isn't used to act in drama, she does look awkward to me

• Like 1

on what baek yi hun was about to write in response to seung wan's remark on schools being prisons, anyone familiar with that? i remembered they made lee sang yoon read a poem about that in the master's house. wondering if they are referring to a korean viral post in the 90s, and if they are trying to attribute it to baek yi hun?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

NEW EVENT- Discover BTS and come fall in love with them!:fullofhearts:

Whether you are a seasoned ARMY member or just a novice who is eager to know more about the phenomenon called BTS that has taken the world with a storm. Discover BTS with our new event and participate in the fun poll. There is something for everyone. :piggydance:

Re: @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @confusedheart

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

stop dreaming guys, nhd and byj wont be together in the endgame. be realistic. no matter how u twist the plot it would look more cringy because lots of evidence said they wont be together in the present day.

i think the endgame will be they meet each other somewhere in present time, they will smile to each other and say...perhaps in the next life. and thats the end game, wkwkwkkw lol. im just kidding. 

but if we think again the reality of life. just because we love each other doesnt mean we have to belong together. sometimes its failed and most of the time its drifting away. like adult nhd say...nothing last forever. 

Edited by v s
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think this is my first time watching a drama knowing that it will 100 percent have a sad or bittersweet ending. Like why am I even torturing myself like this?!? But this question is not only for me, looking at how popular this drama is, there are many people including everyone on this thread who just wants to torture themselves. Lol. Lets be honest, even with 1001 theories around trying desperately to give hee do and baek yi jin a happy ending, we all deep down in our hearts know that the chances for them riding into sunset is nil to none. Sighhh. 

All that said, I kinda understand why we are so obsessed with this drama, as human beings we like challenges. We are all competitive inside and we like solving puzzles. Its how humans were able to evolve. 

Anyways, I also have a couple of theories favoring yi jin and hee do's happy ending, that I want to share just for fun....

1. Kim Min chae couldn't identify Yi jin in the photo because she has a medical condition called prosopagnosia/face blindness. LOLOL. Its a condition where you can't recognize people's faces. So our poor little kim min chae can't even recognize her dad's face. Sigh. How sad. This combined with the baek yi jin name change theory, voila we have our happy ending. 

2. The adult hee do is not actually the real hee do. Bwahahaha. Many will agree with this theory as everyone thinks the actress playing adult hee do is a little off and doesn't have any similarities with kim tae ribs hee do. What if its done intentionally? Hmmm. I dont know where I'm going with this theory. Lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

I feel there are so many people who dont like the adult Hee Do that I end up liking her now. Hehe. Previously, I was only, she's ok, but now I feel that she does have the young hee do personilty. She's jovial, she smiles a lot, she talks with energy, she talks with other parents well, receives the way people recognize her well. She took Min Chae quitting ballet really nicely, and the fact that Min Chae can contemplate not even performing means that Hee Do is a lax parent (recall other k-drama moms who would've slapped Min Chae because of that). I dont get what people are saying that she is not the same Hee Do. If I have a complaint in her personality, it is that she does not push Min Chae too much. Given how competitive she was when she was younger, I would have expected a very pushy mom, which would be horrible.

And the more I think of Hee Do and Yi Jin, the less sadder I feel about them. Initially, I really wanted them to be together but after a couple fo weeks of speculation, I just feel it's natural if they grew apart. They dont have the same foundation as seung wan and ji woong (families know each other, social lives are entwined - those two would be harder to disentangle) and their relationship was colored by romance - an intense but passing feeling. I feel that If they did not pursue a romantic relationship, their bond could have lasted longer. But it would be harder to maintain friendship with an  ex (jealousies of current partners, awkwardness, memories of each other's kisses).

Ji Woong would probably be a stylist in the future with his love of things beautiful

• Like 7

On 3/14/2022 at 12:09 PM, rocher22 said:

The whispering scene   :wub:

I wonder if its possible to forget something like that. 

I assume HD decided to ''forget'' some things from the past. :unsure:

Can you ever forget something like that!?

Moments like that would stay in one's memory like a tattoo.

If it wasnt for Kim Tae Ri & Nam Joo Hyuk's electrifying chemistry, by the time i learned abt the surname difference, i would've said goodbye to this drama right away.

2 hours ago, aria26 said:

I feel that If they did not pursue a romantic relationship, their bond could have lasted longer.

I fully respect your opinion, but for me, neither of them pursued anything romantic to ever happen between them. It just happened to be that way. In reality, we cant really expect who we are going to and not to like. It's a natural process only your heart can tell when it happens, and before you know it, with the right person, love comes knocking on the door.

I don't know anymore if am gonna watch upcoming episodes, or wait instead, all while trying my best to stay away from YT & any social medias, until the final episode is aired.

:emmm:

Lastly, if our collective fear is proven true, think it'll take me some time before forgiving the writer-nim because Na Hee Do &  Baek Yi Jin is def one of my all time top 3 fave couples in k-dramaland, but not the (alleged) ending we're all hoping not to happen.

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote tweets. Thanks!
  • Like 3

Spoiler

If I may just share, re the "Start up" drama, I'm one of the few who rooted for NJY's character to end up with the FL, not because he's the ML, but because I somehow felt how the FL felt and if I was her, I would have chosen him, too.:blush:

Reading about your posts is so much fun.:)

The speculations are all interesting.

As for me, I'm willing to be surprised, writer-nim.:please:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I feel a bit sad knowing even if there is somewhat a happy ending later it might be adult hee do that we will see getting it. Though i dont hate her i feel a lot more connected to young hee do . it might be awkwards seeing adult hee do doing a happy or hopeful scene with a random new adult yi jin character that we maybe just see for 1 episode

• Like 1