[Drama 2022] Anna ✦ 안나 ✧ Bae Suzy / Jung Eun Chae

Maetawinz

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Suzy Leads Two Very Different Lives In Intriguing Teasers For New Drama “Anna”

Coupang Play has released the main poster and main teaser for its upcoming series “Anna”!

“Anna” is a new drama starring Suzy as Yoo Mi, a woman who tells a small lie and ends up living someone else’s life.

The main poster shows the stark contrast between Yoo Mi and “Anna.” Yoo Mi is wearing a simple grey uniform, but on the other side of the mirror, Anna looks stunning in a glittery cold dress. Yoo Mi watches Anna with a worried gaze, while Anna doesn’t care about Yoo Mi’s presence at all. The text on the poster reads, “The moment you believe it, even the lies become the truth.”

Suzy.jpeg

The main trailer begins with Yoo Mi’s calm narration that says, “You won’t know if you really wanted something until you have it.” Then she adds, “I want people to be afraid of me,” increasing curiosity about how her life is about to change. Yoo Mi’s dull life suddenly turns unpredictable as she takes on a completely different image. When she returns as “Anna,” her ex boss Hyun Joo (Jung Eun Chae) recognizes her and exclaims, “You are Yoo Mi!”

Her life starts to fall apart when Hyun Joo starts suffocating her with threats, saying, “You stole my life, so you have to pay the price.” The clip ends with Yoo Mi, saying, “I do everything that I set my mind to,” and everything grows tense when Yoo Mi is spotted with blood running down her face.

Watch the full teaser below!

“Anna” will premiere on June 24 at 8 p.m. KST.

Watch: Suzy Leads Two Very Different Lives In Intriguing Teasers For New Drama “Anna” | Soompi

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Suzy Gets Entangled In A Loveless Marriage With The Ambitious Kim Jun Han In “Anna”

Kim Jun Han will become a very interesting variable in the upcoming Coupang Play drama “Anna”!

“Anna” will tell the story of Yoo Mi, a woman who tells a small lie and ends up living someone else’s life (played by Suzy).

Kim Jun Han will star as Ji Hoon, a man who became the CEO of a promising venture company at a young age. He’s very goal-oriented and ambitious, and he chooses to marry Anna (who is actually Yoo Mi) despite not being in love with her because she seems similar to him.

The newly released photos give a peek at Anna and Ji Hoon’s relationship. They look like a glamorous couple with a perfect life, but there is no love between them. In particular, Anna doesn’t look thrilled to be with her husband, piquing curiosity about how their relationship will play an important factor in her life.

Anna-11-768x512.jpg

Anna-21-768x512.jpg

Kim Jun Han commented, “I thought a lot about how to express the ironic and enigmatic aspects of Ji Hoon in a three-dimensional way.”

Regarding his co-star Suzy, he remarked, “We had great teamwork. We talked about a lot of things before filming, and even when we were shooting, we discussed [many things] and enjoyed working together.”

“Anna” will premiere on June 24 at 8 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser here!

Suzy Gets Entangled In A Loveless Marriage With The Ambitious Kim Jun Han In “Anna” | Soompi

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Suzy, Jung Eun Chae, Kim Jun Han, And Park Ye Young Get Wrapped Up In A Riveting Web Of Lies In “Anna” Posters

“Anna” is gearing up for its premiere with eye-catching poster reveals for its four main characters!

The upcoming drama will tell the story of Yoo Mi (Suzy), a woman who tells a small lie and ends up living someone else’s life.

The newly revealed posters give more insight into the network of characters surrounding Yoo Mi who also leads another life as Anna. Her poster reinforces how ambitious of a character she is with the text, “It’s always been like this. I always do everything I put my mind to.” Viewers will have to wait and see if she really will be able to protect the life of lies she built as Anna.

suzy3-768x1101.jpg

Yoo Mi’s former boss Hyun Joo (Jung Eun Chae), who lived an extravagant life since her birth, also seems to have a story of her own to tell. Hyun Joo’s poster captures the tense atmosphere from her cold gaze, and the caption on the side reads, “If you lived a stolen life, you have to pay the price.”

jung-eun-chae-768x1101.jpg

Another character connected to Anna is her equally ambitious husband Ji Hoon (Kim Jun Han). He is a figure who is willing to take any measures to achieve his goals. Ji Hoon’s poster reads, “Are you confident that you can live your life as it was before? I won’t let you off if things go wrong.”

Spoiler

kim-jun-han-768x1101.jpg

Amidst the cold-blooded tension is one character who might be the only provider of warmth in the series. Ji Won (Park Ye Young) is Yoo Mi’s college senior from the editorial department and her sole confidant. A woman of goals and dedication, Ji Won finally becomes the journalist she always wanted to be. Her poster reads, “I’ve decided to tell your story to the world,” raising questions about what relationship she will have with Anna.

Spoiler

park-ye-young-768x1101.jpg

“Anna” will premiere on June 24 at 8 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser here!

Suzy, Jung Eun Chae, Kim Jun Han, And Park Ye Young Get Wrapped Up In A Riveting Web Of Lies In “Anna” Posters | Soompi

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Very intriguing drama it plays out more like a movie. Suzy is able to capture the desperation as well as world weariness well. I oddly am cheering her on when I know I shouldn't LoL. Fully knowing that her lies will come to a head eventually... 

It reminds me a lot of Lee Da Hae on "Ms. Ripley" - her character was an antagonist but at the same time I understood her motivations. 

Life is just unfair really where luck just isn't enough to get ahead. That and hard work ; they don't always produce results. Also why do those that are born in wealth act so crass LoL in comparison to those who don't? That's not always the case.. there're some rare exceptions. But just my observation. 

• Like 4

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Suzy Talks About Preparing For Her Role In “Anna,” How She Overcomes Feeling Anxious, And More

Suzy recently spoke about the responses to her latest drama “Anna” as well as her own preparations!

Suzy is currently starring in Coupang Play’s drama “Anna” where she plays Yoo Mi, a woman who tells a small lie and ends up living someone else’s life.

Following the release on Episodes 1 and 2 on June 24, Suzy excitedly shared of the response, “I was contacted by a lot of people I know. They said they watched really enjoyably and added, ‘I can ask [about the ending] but you can’t answer. There were a lot of responses like that.”

In her first drama in two years and her first-ever solo lead in a drama, Suzy plays a dual role as both Yoo Mi and Anna. Through these roles, Suzy has been able to showcase a new side to her acting and has earned praise for her deep character immersion.

Suzy commented, “I think I had this kind of ambition to showcase a new image. I wanted to show an image that was different from the acting tone I’ve done up until now. I thought that this was a project that everyone would agree is worth being greedy for. Since I decided [on this drama], I felt pressure and responsibility to try to do well and make it my own.”

Suzy-1.jpeg

Suzy-2.jpeg

Suzy explained that she gradually built up the image she eventually wanted to show in “Anna.” She shared, “[Yoo Mi lying] got more natural and I got used to it as I passed the transition of wondering ‘Will I get caught or not’ when I first lied, and passed the point of thinking ‘This is really easy?'”

Among one of the hundreds of costumes worn by Suzy in “Anna” was a memorable and luxurious wedding dress. Suzy commented, “The script said ‘Queen-like Yoo Mi.’ When I did the dress fitting, I chose my outfit while saying, ‘Let’s wear something excessive’ and ‘She’s not marrying her husband, she’s marrying herself.'”

Spoiler

Suzy-3.jpeg

Suzy-4.jpeg

Lastly, Suzy talked about how she felt while acting as Yoo Mi who suffers from Ripley Syndrome, which denies reality and causes one to believe falsehoods about themselves.

Suzy shared, “If that were me, I don’t think I’d be able to handle that anxiety. Even if I lied about getting into university, I think I’d go back and tell the truth.” She continued, “Rather than feel depressed, Yoo Mi feels more anxious.

If depression is a state of feeling lethargic and being unable to do anything, anxiety can appear more diligent as one tries to do more. I came to the conclusion that Yoo Mi’s driving force is her anxiety.”

Due to the psychological changes that her character experiences, Suzy received all kinds of advice from an expert in the field. She shared, “In the process of creating Yoo Mi, I thought about the anxiety that I feel. While expressing anxiety, I thought about how everyone has these kinds of emotions and focused more. I also started writing in a diary. I wanted to record the emotions I felt so I wrote diligently. But that became a lot of help for my acting.”

When asked what she does in real life when she feels anxious, Suzy answered, “I would spend time thinking about nothing while driving or anywhere where I could comfortably be alone. It’s similar now but on top of that, I draw or do chores around the house.”

The next episode of “Anna” airs on July 8 at 8 p.m. KST.

Suzy Talks About Preparing For Her Role In “Anna,” How She Overcomes Feeling Anxious, And More | Soompi

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Very intriguing drama it plays out more like a movie. Suzy is able to capture the desperation as well as world weariness well. I oddly am cheering her on when I know I shouldn't LoL. Fully knowing that her lies will come to a head eventually... 

It reminds me a lot of Lee Da Hae on "Ms. Ripley" - her character was an antagonist but at the same time I understood her motivations. 

Life is just unfair really where luck just isn't enough to get ahead. That and hard work ; they don't always produce results. Also why do those that are born in wealth act so crass LoL in comparison to those who don't? That's not always the case.. there're some rare exceptions. But just my observation. 

The rich in Kdrama always act crass. When Yoo Mi asked the father/boss a day off to see her mom. The way he acted stood out to me. Do rich people really act like that? It upset me so much. Honestly that was the turning moment for Yoo Mi. 

• Like 1

I really hope Hyun Joo is dead LoL. She was a monster but shockingly she has a daughter! Who btw look bi-racial LoL? What Yumi did was wrong but Hyun Joo wasn't any better.

Ugh Ji Hoon.. I knew he was bad news from the beginning. The actor also I think has been only playing antagonist roles.

It's a wonder how all these people who knew and grew up with Yumi never once exposed her? Especially now that she's a public figure LoL. I knew that her ex would rat out to Ji Won. Although Ji Won's not a good friend if she didn't know this much on Yumi.

Then again Ji Won never really bothered to look into Yumi much? And well I don't know a whole lot of my own family either ha-ha. The irony that Ji Hoon hired a secretary named Yumi.

• Like 1

"Anna" is a drama whose story begins with a simple lie, which makes Yu Mi (Suzy) live a completely different life. Jung Eun Chae plays a woman named Hyun Joo, who enjoys her superior life without consideration or hatred for others.

In more detail, Hyun Joo is described as Yu Mi's former boss who was born into a rich family and studied abroad. After returning home, he runs his father's art gallery. In particular, Hyun Joo and Yu Mi's relationship will be colored with tension when Yu Mi returns as a completely different person named Anna.

During the press conference, Jung Eun Chae revealed that her and Suzy's characters are very opposite. This is what makes their relationship so interesting.

• Maetawinz changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] Anna ✦ 안나 ✧ Bae Suzy / Jung Eun Chae - Every Friday 20:00 @ KST

I am enjoying this drama so far.

I don't understand the part when Yumi runs away from her job and steals the money, passport and certificate of Anna. How come nobody noticed and nobody reported the missing money and items? 

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Coupang Play Confirms Plans To Release Extended Version Of “Anna”

Coupang Play will be releasing the extended version of its hit series “Anna”!

The drama tells the story of Yoo Mi (Suzy), a woman who tells a small lie and ends up living someone else’s life. Jung Eun Chae plays Yoo Mi’s former boss Hyun Joo, who lived an extravagant life since birth. Kim Jun Han stars as Anna’s equally ambitious husband Ji Hoon, whereas Park Ye Young takes on the role of Ji Won, Yoo Mi’s college senior from the editorial department and her sole confidant.

On July 8, SPOTV News reported that Coupang Play is preparing to unveil the extended version of the series in August. Later on the same day, it was confirmed to be true.

Initially, “Anna” was written as an eight-episode series, but it was boldly changed to a six-episode series so that viewers can immerse into the story even more while taking advantage of the dense story development. However, due to the favorable responses, Coupang Play decided to release an expanded version of “Anna” that will allow the viewers to enjoy various stories.

Coupang Play told SPOTV News, “An extended version of ‘Anna’ will be released in August. It will be unveiled in detail with the rich stories of the characters Yoo Mi, Hyun Joo, Ji Hoon, and Ji Won. It will be a great gift to the many fans who love ‘Anna.'”

Are you looking forward to the extended version?

Coupang Play Confirms Plans To Release Extended Version Of “Anna” | Soompi

• Like 1

WhoA so there'd be an extended version LoL?! 

Ji Hoon was a monster. Sad that Yumi lost her mom but it's a good thing her mom doesn't remember her much and also to Ji Hoon's autistic son ; poor thing but probably for the best as his father was a horrible parent. 

So he was responsible for getting rid of Hyun Joo ugh despicable. He even tried to kill Yumi. He's just so blinded by ambition, power & etc. 

Yumi was never happy once she started to have things she desired growing up. She wears this eternal dead inside look throughout LoL. 

It was a nice watch, good thing it was kept at 6 ep. Suzy did well. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

WhoA so there'd be an extended version LoL?! 

Ji Hoon was a monster. Sad that Yumi lost her mom but it's a good thing her mom doesn't remember her much and also to Ji Joon's autistic son ; poor thing but probably for the best as his father was a horrible parent. 

So he was responsible for getting rid of Hyun Joo ugh despicable. He even tried to kill Yumi. He's just so blinded by ambition, power & etc. 

Yumi was never happy once she started to have things she desired growing up. She wears this eternal dead inside look throughout LoL. 

It was a nice watch, good thing it was kept at 6 ep. Suzy did well. 

Yes there will be. I know eh, he was a monster, and his poor son and Yumi :(, yes he was. also Yumi mom :(.

• Maetawinz changed the title to [Drama 2022] Anna ✦ 안나 ✧ Bae Suzy / Jung Eun Chae

Just finished the 6 eps. Not sure if the extended version means the ending is to be continued too. But overall it was interesting. I kept wondering if it was inspired by Anna delves. And I had questions like some pointed out about how OG Anna didn’t mention YM stealing from the cash register or SW the former employee didn’t mention to her about stealing the money and such. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

New Event: My Soompi Corner- Summer Round-Up :piggydance:

Chingus, so how was the summer of 2022? What dramas have you been watching?  Time to we catch up with each other. Do drop in and share what you have been up to.  

Your friendly, neighbourhood EO Team 

@confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl and @agenth