Jump to content

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] One And Only (aka Chang An Memories) 周身如故


SC2019
 Share

Recommended Posts

One and Only

XXmJX_4c.jpg

 

Details:

Chinese title: (周身如故) Zhou Sheng Ru Gu
English title: One and Only (fka Chang An Memories)

Genre: Historical, Romance

Episodes: 24

Screenwriter:  Mo Bao Fei Bao
Director: Guo Hu

Broadcast Period:  Aug 18, 2021 - Aug 27, 2021

Sequel: Forever and Ever

 

Cast:

Allen Ren Jia Lun as Zhou Sheng Chen
Bai Lu as Cui Shi Yi
Chu Zhen
Fu Jun as Xie Chong
Feng Li
Li Yi Ru as Hong Xiao Yu
Luo Dian Xia
Su Meng Yun as Feng Xiao
Wu Man Si as Xing Hua
Wang Yi Lin
Xie Hong Xin
Yao Yi Chen as Cui Feng
Yuan Ruo Hang as Xie Yun
Zhou Lu La as Xiao Yan
Zhang Zhang
Zhang Cheng Hang as Zhou Tian Xing
Wang Xing Yue as Liu Zi Xing
Liang Ai Qi as Qi Zhen Zhen
Liu Wei Wei as Cui Wen Jun
Yu Yang as Cui Guang
Dai Si

 

Synopsis:

Zhou Sheng Chen, son of Prince Nan Chen, is an accomplished general who is loyal to the country. Cui Shi Yi, daughter of an esteemed family, is the appointed Crown Princess since birth. As both their families are acquainted, Cui Shi Yi was sent to the Zhou Manor to learn some skills. There, Zhou Sheng Chen and Cui Shi Yi got to befriend each other. Cui Shi Yi grew to admire Zhou Sheng Chen's lofty ambitions and gentlemanly character and slowly fell for him. She becomes his greatest support and companion, helping him wait for intelligence in the manor, and going to war with him. However, their relationship could not take a step forward due to their respective responsibilities. When the borders are once again endangered, Zhou Sheng Chen has to lead the army to battle enemies, while Cui Shi Yi has to complete her wedding with the Crown Prince. However, at this time, Zhou Sheng Chen became seriously injured.

 

Preview:

 

OSTs:

Coming soon...

 

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

 

Source: Mydramalist| Dramawiki

 

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

  • Like 2
  • Blob 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh God I download until episode 6 but I didn't watch it yet, I have read the novel because @tantaran808 recommend it. I love love love ancient serie a lot than modern serie. But also it's Allen Ren...:wub:

 

@tantaran808 come out dear, it's out your awaiting serie that you are waiting!!!! I didn't see yet but will see later when I finish with reception for friend marriage. 

 

The part one is 24 episodes ohhhhh...how they will make that she keep her memory for the next part hm....are they will change from the novel?

 

Bai Lu x Ren Jia Lun...sure i'm in!!!

  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First 4eps = very good (I watched it all in 1 go without FF :0!). There isn’t much words between them but you can definitely see the chemistry. I also find their interactions quite funny xD love it! And you can see why she falls in love with him, as a matter of fact, they are not together for a great deal, but each moment counts.

 

All these little thoughtful things he does for her, she noticed, she puts them all in her heart. She asked to be allowed to yearn for him, and he basically said no:

CSY: victory news! If you don’t send them regularly, if you die, how could I find you?!

ZSC: you shouldn’t try to find me, let me bury where I fall

 

omg! Just those words make me cry. And he just said the same thing in repeat, it likes stabbing to the girl’s heart! Yet turn around he got her all types of tea because she loves tea. Whether he loves her or just caring for a disciple is hard to know, but everything he does steal her heart little by little. From the first birthday present (was meant for someone precious to him, but that person pass away, so she gets it, because he doesn’t know what precious/valuable thing to give her) to the tea.

 

also it’s sad to see the scene where he left for war, he just left, never look back. She’s always there, smiling, sad, hopeful he would look back, then super sad because he’s gone. Omg! I’m definitely going to keep watching knowing the end lol

  • Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Wiggle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Alila N Unlike you, I've to struggle a bit.   I almost give up at ep 2.  And I read that it is the same with China's Viewers.

 

Reasons:

- Because I don't like Allen Ren's Hairstyle.  It doesn't look good on him.  But I can still accept it. 

- Next, I prefer a younger and more beautiful Actress for the FL.  Because the FL is supposed to look Sweet and Fragile here in this Drama-Version.  Someone a Hero would love to protect.  But with her Fringed Hairstyle, I also accept it.

- Lastly the first 2 eps are a bit slow.

 

But I like the Story.  So I gave it another shot. (Partly because there isn't really any good drama around)  Ep 3 is good. The story begins to take shape.  Ep 3 is "Moving, Touching"  (whatever one can describe it), because the FL still cannot find her voice; she cannot verbalise her thoughts due to the severe emotional trauma of losing her father.  So both the 2 Leads have to act out their Emotions without Words - which ultimately means we "have to" feel their "Performance".

 

I'm at ep 4 already and I don't like Bailu's hairstyle here.  Without the Fringe, she looks "old".  No offence to Bailu's Fans.  I definitely don't mean to belittle anyone.  Just my honest opinions.  

 

Both their actings have yet to "Peak".  So I'm waiting in anticipation, especially for Allen Ren

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, hush puppy said:

@Alila N Unlike you, I've to struggle a bit.   I almost give up at ep 2.  And I read that it is the same with China's Viewers.

 

Reasons:

- Because I don't like Allen Ren's Hairstyle.  It doesn't look good on him.  But I can still accept it. 

- Next, I prefer a younger and more beautiful Actress for the FL.  Because the FL is supposed to look Sweet and Fragile here in this Drama-Version.  Someone a Hero would love to protect.  But with her Fringed Hairstyle, I also accept it.

- Lastly the first 2 eps are a bit slow.

 

But I like the Story.  So I gave it another shot. (Partly because there isn't really any good drama around)  Ep 3 is good. The story begins to take shape.  Ep 3 is "Moving, Touching"  (whatever one can describe it), because the FL still cannot find her voice; she cannot verbalise her thoughts due to the severe emotional trauma of losing her father.  So both the 2 Leads have to act out their Emotions without Words - which ultimately means we "have to" feel their "Performance".

 

I'm at ep 4 already and I don't like Bailu's hairstyle here.  Without the Fringe, she looks "old".  No offence to Bailu's Fans.  I definitely don't mean to belittle anyone.  Just my honest opinions.  

 

Both their actings have yet to "Peak".  So I'm waiting in anticipation, especially for Allen Ren

 


Each to their own. interesting how you don’t think Bai Lu look fragile here. I’m wonder who/which actress you have in mind for being the fragile type. Because apart from Lui Shi Shi, I can’t think of anyone that can be super fragile lol.

 

I agree ep1 was slow, but I can’t say I notice the pace for ep2 lol. So far, this drama has been like a nice warming cup of tea, slow, satisfying and just tug your heartstrings per sip lol xD

 

and I’m going to be opposite you on this whole fringe thing here. No offence but what is with Chinese drama and think fringe = young. So many actresses look crap/ridiculous with fringe, none of them look cute (nor young), even ZLY in minglan >_> Bai Lu barely pull it off here with the fringe lol. And I actually like she looks more mature, it shows she grew. So far I love to see the transformation that Bai Lu portrayed, and I think Allen look dashing. But then I’m never the type to look at the guy at first second and go: oh you are handsome on TV, but I have to get charmed by his character to go “oooh you are just so dashing” :tounge_xd: So because of that, I don’t pay that much attention to the hairstyles, I also have never seen his other works to care how/which hairstyles he looks best with. I also do not care about the majority voice/comments online on how they perceived this drama. I love it so far and I can’t wait to see new episodes and everyone, every cast have done a splendid job to really move me and make me feel they are living as the characters! I felt my heart aches for the cousin and the eldest sister general, when they confessed their feeling with each other just so they can move on from each other. Gosh, I can’t wait to have my heart ripped by every single pair in this drama, the fourth sister and the monk, the FL and ML. Even the looming separation between the ML and his advisor is making me sad :( who will help ZSC to tease CSY now :(

 

question: is that mean you don’t feel their performance in the first 4eps? 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alila N said:


1) Each to their own. interesting how you don’t think Bai Lu look fragile here. I’m wonder who/which actress you have in mind for being the fragile type. Because apart from Lui Shi Shi, I can’t think of anyone that can be super fragile lol.

 

I agree ep1 was slow, but I can’t say I notice the pace for ep2 lol. So far, this drama has been like a nice warming cup of tea, slow, satisfying and just tug your heartstrings per sip lol xD

 

and I’m going to be opposite you on this whole fringe thing here. No offence but what is with Chinese drama and think fringe = young. So many actresses look crap/ridiculous with fringe, none of them look cute (nor young), even ZLY in minglan >_> Bai Lu barely pull it off here with the fringe lol. And I actually like she looks more mature, it shows she grew. So far I love to see the transformation that Bai Lu portrayed, and I think Allen look dashing. But then I’m never the type to look at the guy at first second and go: oh you are handsome on TV, but I have to get charmed by his character to go “oooh you are just so dashing” :tounge_xd: So because of that, I don’t pay that much attention to the hairstyles, I also have never seen his other works to care how/which hairstyles he looks best with. I also do not care about the majority voice/comments online on how they perceived this drama. I love it so far and I can’t wait to see new episodes and everyone, every cast have done a splendid job to really move me and make me feel they are living as the characters! I felt my heart aches for the cousin and the eldest sister general, when they confessed their feeling with each other just so they can move on from each other. Gosh, I can’t wait to have my heart ripped by every single pair in this drama, the fourth sister and the monk, the FL and ML. Even the looming separation between the ML and his advisor is making me sad :( who will help ZSC to tease CSY now :(

 

question: is that mean you don’t feel their performance in the first 4eps? 

 

1) Each to their own. interesting how you don’t think Bai Lu look fragile here. I’m wonder who/which actress you have in mind for being the fragile type. Because apart from Lui Shi Shi, I can’t think of anyone that can be super fragile lol.

As you've said.  "To each it's own".  Good for you if you like Bailu here.  I happen to feel otherwise.

 

2) and I’m going to be opposite you on this whole fringe thing here. No offence but what is with Chinese drama and think fringe = young. So many actresses look crap/ridiculous with fringe, none of them look cute (nor young), even ZLY in minglan >_> Bai Lu barely pull it off here with the fringe lol.

CHINESE DRAMA & THE FRINGE = YOUNG ???  I never said that.  I just happen to feel that Bailu looks better here with the Fringe.  Not every Actress looks good with a Fringe and certainly not in every drama.  What I've said about the "Fringe" only applies here, in this instance.

 

BTW Chinese Period Dramas & Films style their Costumes and Hair according to the Era they represent. If that era's females have Fringes when they are young.  Then they have to have  fringes.  That is their History and Culture.

 

3) I also do not care about the majority voice/comments online on how they perceived this drama.

I'm sure you and everybody can see very clearly.  That I'm only saying what I personally feel about this drama.   At the same time, I respect others' views as well and hope that they are not offended by mine. My statement in green below simply stress the coincidence that there are so many others who have felt the same way as me.

 

"I almost give up at ep 2.  And I read that it is the same with China's Viewers."

 

4) question: is that mean you don’t feel their performance in the first 4eps? 

No. Not overall.  Not to the extent that I'm so "moved" or "overwhelmed".   I feel and like Allen's acting. That's it.  I do not feel so invested here as I've done so for the other dramas I've watched.  Not yet.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, hush puppy said:

 

1) Each to their own. interesting how you don’t think Bai Lu look fragile here. I’m wonder who/which actress you have in mind for being the fragile type. Because apart from Lui Shi Shi, I can’t think of anyone that can be super fragile lol.

As you've said.  "To each it's own".  Good for you if you like Bailu here.  I happen to feel otherwise.

 

2) and I’m going to be opposite you on this whole fringe thing here. No offence but what is with Chinese drama and think fringe = young. So many actresses look crap/ridiculous with fringe, none of them look cute (nor young), even ZLY in minglan >_> Bai Lu barely pull it off here with the fringe lol.

CHINESE DRAMA & THE FRINGE = YOUNG ???  I never said that.  I just happen to feel that Bailu looks better here with the Fringe.  Not every Actress looks good with a Fringe and certainly not in every drama.  What I've said about the "Fringe" only applies here, in this instance.

 

BTW Chinese Period Dramas & Films style their Costumes and Hair according to the Era they represent. If that era's females have Fringes when they are young.  Then they have to have  fringes.  That is their History and Culture.

 

3) I also do not care about the majority voice/comments online on how they perceived this drama.

I'm sure you and everybody can see very clearly.  That I'm only saying what I personally feel about this drama.   At the same time, I respect others' views as well and hope that they are not offended by mine. My statement in green below simply stress the coincidence that there are so many others who have felt the same way as me.

 

"I almost give up at ep 2.  And I read that it is the same with China's Viewers."

 

4) question: is that mean you don’t feel their performance in the first 4eps? 

No. Not overall.  Not to the extent that I'm so "moved" or "overwhelmed".   I feel and like Allen's acting. That's it.  I do not feel so invested here as I've done so for the other dramas I've watched.  Not yet.

 

 

Lol, you sounded a bit edgy, sorry if I make you feel like I attacked you or something. That was not the intention. I never said you said fringe = young, rather that’s the observation for Chinese drama, every Chinese drama, doesn’t matter what time period, fringe = younger version of oneself.

 

like I said I was curious in knowing what your PoV on who’s the right actress, but I guess it was taken the wrong way, so nvm.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First let me start, i'm bias... Love Ren Jailun. so far, i feel it's slowly building the plot but i can feel the warmth and love from the way they look at each other. I gave that an A+.  i know it's going to be sad....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm watching for Ren Jialun as well. :wub: His styling in this drama is not my favorite, but he is certainly still very dashing and handsome, albeit older. I kind of miss the round babyface. :lol:

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve watched the first 10 episodes and so far, the story has kept my interest. Thanks to the good story telling and believable acting of the actors, I want to know what will happen to the characters in the drama, even to the side characters. To get a clue, I went to watch the different trailers available, and I have come to the conclusion that this drama is not going to end well. Right at the start, we already saw that Shi Yi was betrothed to the crown prince. Even though this was annulled in Episode 8, it was clear that the crown price was infatuated with her and will not give up. This will most certainly set in motion the series of events which will lead to the demise of Nan Chen Wang (not a spoiler, see synopsis). 
 

So, if you are looking for a drama with a happy ending, this drama is not for you. Unfortunately for me, I realised this too late as the characters have caught my attention. It will be ‘torturous’ for me, knowing how it will end, but I will likely watch it to its sad end.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, omiki said:

So, if you are looking for a drama with a happy ending, this drama is not for you. Unfortunately for me, I realised this too late as the characters have caught my attention. It will be ‘torturous’ for me, knowing how it will end, but I will likely watch it to its sad end.

 

@omiki Just this season has a sad ending. Season 2 will air in September and has a happy ending.

 

Perhaps the downplayed romance just isn't for me, or things are lost in translation as an international audience member, but I just don't feel the chemistry between the leads. Both the actors are doing a good job and I'm convinced about their roles, but I feel like something's missing. Ya know, that unexplained butterfly feeling that makes you grin when the leads are together. :(

 

I'll still continue, because having watched 10 episodes, I'm practically halfway through it. However, I wish I could enjoy the actual drama more. I'm just watching for Bai Lu and Ren Jialun's lovely faces and period costumes now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/21/2021 at 9:55 PM, Noona said:

I'm watching for Ren Jialun as well. :wub: His styling in this drama is not my favorite, but he is certainly still very dashing and handsome, albeit older. I kind of miss the round babyface. :lol:

 

 

 

 

I love Allen Ren's styling in this drama. I like his mire mature look. He still looks younger than his is.

  • Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, omiki said:

I’ve watched the first 10 episodes and so far, the story has kept my interest. Thanks to the good story telling and believable acting of the actors, I want to know what will happen to the characters in the drama, even to the side characters. To get a clue, I went to watch the different trailers available, and I have come to the conclusion that this drama is not going to end well. Right at the start, we already saw that Shi Yi was betrothed to the crown prince. Even though this was annulled in Episode 8, it was clear that the crown price was infatuated with her and will not give up. This will most certainly set in motion the series of events which will lead to the demise of Nan Chen Wang (not a spoiler, see synopsis). 
 

So, if you are looking for a drama with a happy ending, this drama is not for you. Unfortunately for me, I realised this too late as the characters have caught my attention. It will be ‘torturous’ for me, knowing how it will end, but I will likely watch it to its sad end.


this drama is part 1 of the 2 parts drama. Because China do not allow reincarnation storyline (just like they don’t order boy loves, girl loves), and iqiyi wants to be faithful to the text (as the book is mainly about the modern time, with flashbacks of their past lives together), so they spit it into 2, one of modern time and one of the past time. Keeping the actors the same, and I think the characters’ names are the same, too. Anyway, first part is sad (meant to be), and the second part is going to be sugar sweet and HE for all of us xD

 

I have never seen Allen, so wasn’t his fans, though heard a bit of him, so he’s not unknown to me. I saw clips of his other dramas, and the stylings were not doing anything for me, and I wouldn’t call it flattering for him either lol.

 

lastly, I do like how they set it up so the CP really wanted CSY, it is because she was made to be his hope of a bright happy future, where someone loves him, he was looking forward to that moment, how those times of dreaming of their happy future together is what pulled him through the pain and the beatings, that’s why he couldn’t let her go. She was his future.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh this will end tragically?

 

I tried an episode over dinner and the background music and all-round air of melancholy held a strong appeal for me.

 

I'm intrigued by the male lead.

  • Where's My Oppa? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, impoppies said:

Oh this will end tragically?

 

I tried an episode over dinner and the background music and all-round air of melancholy held a strong appeal for me.

 

I'm intrigued by the male lead.

Spoiler

Yes, it’s an open secret? Like in the trailer, it literally told you the ending lol :/ but that meant to be as the second part will be a happy ending

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/24/2021 at 1:38 PM, Anabea said:

Even though i hate sad or tragic ending, i like how the leading actors/actress act... 

 

Wait! I thought this was HE? In the book it was HE, right?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] One And Only (aka Chang An Memories) 周身如故

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..