[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

3 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

If so, things will get more complicated, we know that Park Hana won't marry YG in the end, if she is related to SJ, she won't give him up easily, which will make it impossible for YG and DD to get married in the end. I think SJ is an orphan adopted by YG, according to the preview.

Not sure why Se Ra being Se Jong's mother would make it impossible for Dan Dan and Young Guk to get married? 

• Like 3

Snort. I doubt they will make her a 3 dimensional character who can do something else other the scream, scheme, feel irrationally entitled and never learn a damn thing rinse and repeat for 50 episodes. 

Anyway. If she was the boys mother they will go the whole “Well she gave birth so nothing else matters and she must naturally be a better Mother and wife for that reason. So what if she acts and thinks completely illogically and does hateful things.. she pushed for a few hours s’all good”

Its an old stupid damaging trope in family dramas. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

https://crazydogmother.tistory.com/entry/신사와-아가씨-총정리-줄거리-등장인물-OST-작가-아역-재방송-등

Addit- never mind found it. Not all the characters are there. So Sara is the butler. I was wondering what the heck was " jibsa." Since I know " jibsaram/ house person " 

is used for a wife.

Does anyone or has anyone seen the relationship chart? I can't find it and I am struggling to place everyone. Yes I fast forward a few bits in 4 episodes.

The relationship charts helps me because I am not good with characters names much less the actors names. And trying to place why the Professor's ? relative is being called noona.  I am better with photos.

And what did he call Park Hana? For me to work out who she is?

Thank you.

• Like 2

Thank you. Got it.

I like relationship charts because it lays out the relationships vs names. I was wondering who was whom in who's lives. Because I listen to the Korean honorifics and skip the subs. They are never helpful trying to work out who's who.

And yikes Professor has an older sister. I was wondering why Sara's mother was involved with the Jung family until now.

Oh boy. I am just going to ignore everyone bar Anna Kim and the main couple.

Park Dan- dan's side is messy as all heck.

Its almost Friday isn't it? I tend to fast forward until one side realises they like the other party. Then slow down. I started too many dramas this week- catching up. So literally trying to go from episode 1 to current episode for at least 4 dramas.

• Like 1

For me I don’t see the stepmom as villian at all she just stupid and childish but indeed she is good person who raised Dan Dan and even did’t tell her the real story about her mother and made her have wrongs idea about her 
For me Dan Dan is the one who is cruel to her stepmom didn’t respect her at all 
I think the message of this drama to make Dan Dan understand her stepmom by becoming stepmom to the three children how it’s difficult to raise them and make them accept her as their mothers 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, saya2 said:

For me I don’t see the stepmom as villian at all she just stupid and childish but indeed she is good person who raised Dan Dan and even did’t tell her the real story about her mother and made her have wrongs idea about her 

I agree that she is not evil. But also she isn't very wise by losing money in scams. Until now I don't judge her. But I think she might cause trouble later to her husband.

@Bejaffled @RobinM waves :)

• Like 4

Becoming a stepmom is definitely going to make Dan Dan understand hers, but I just don't like the woman. It sounds like she's lost all of the family's money more than once, and while she raised Dan Dan, I don't think teenage Dan Dan was wrong about the mom treating the kids differently. Even when both Dan Dan and her brother left home, the mom was only shown worrying about her son. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, qynn said:

Becoming a stepmom is definitely going to make Dan Dan understand hers, but I just don't like the woman. It sounds like she's lost all of the family's money more than once, and while she raised Dan Dan, I don't think teenage Dan Dan was wrong about the mom treating the kids differently. Even when both Dan Dan and her brother left home, the mom was only shown worrying about her son. 

I don’t think she treat her different than her son it’s just Dan Dan imagination 

I think everyone when we was kids thinks our moms loves one of our siblings more than us because she give him more chocolate or give him toys could be anything’s ( and of course in our moms mind she think we are more mature and understanding than our siblings ) and what of course this idea is more stronge in Dan Dan mind because she is not her real mother she always will think her stepmom prefer her son over her

but if you see in the first episode Dan Dan has the bigger room than her stepbrother she  even has her own bed and her stepbrother sleep in the floor , even when Dan Dan scream to her stepmom and told her dad to divorce her stepmom she didn’t hate Dan Dan for saying that if she was evil stepmom she will not tolerate that 

I think in the future the writer will let us see how much her stepmom love her , now he trying to trick us for not knowing who right or wrong  

even male lead stepmom I don’t see her as evil 

both lead will understand their stepmoms in the futures 

I thinks this drama try to say some stepmom better than reals mom who abandoned their own children 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, saya2 said:

I don’t think she treat her different than her son it’s just Dan Dan imagination 

I think everyone when we was kids thinks our moms loves one of our siblings more than us because she give him more chocolate or give him toys could be anything’s ( and of course in our moms mind she think we are more mature and understanding than our siblings ) and what of course this idea is more stronge in Dan Dan mind because she is not her real mother she always will think her stepmom prefer her son over her

but if you see in the first episode Dan Dan has the bigger room than her stepbrother she  even has her own bed and her stepbrother sleep in the floor , even when Dan Dan scream to her stepmom and told her dad to divorce her stepmom she didn’t hate Dan Dan for saying that if she was evil stepmom she will not tolerate that 

I think in the future the writer will let us see how much her stepmom love her , now he trying to trick us for not knowing who right or wrong  

even male lead stepmom I don’t see her as evil 

both lead will understand their stepmoms in the futures 

I thinks this drama try to say some stepmom better than reals mom who abandoned their own children 

Your excuse is wrong, it was because she DID take side immediately in their sibling fight and did not meet out "justice" equally and belittled Dan Dan's reason to be angry. Also using who has a bed and not as evidence of who is loved more? That's stupid considering it's normal in Kora to sleep on the floor at least if we are to believe dramas. Also what makes you think she was given the bed and did not buy it her self? After all who in that family is working to earn money? It's certainly not the step-brother or step-mother.

• Like 3