[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

On 10/11/2021 at 1:20 AM, Bejaffled said:

I cannot bare to watch SeRas mum. I have to check my phone or fast forward every time she appears onscreen. Has to be some of the worst acting I’ve seen from a more mature actress in a kdrama. I get what she’s trying to convey; a less polished, rough around the edges character, but goodness, all that twitching and chin jutting. Gah, it’s just soooo bad, I get second hand embarrassment seeing her.

Other than that extremely uncomfortable viewing experience, I’m quite enjoying this one. I’m looking forward to the chairman falling for DanDan & all the plotting & hysterics everyone else will bring along the way. 

:waves:

Hi @nohamahamoud2002, long time no see.This is the first weekender I’ve committed to watching since “Never Twice”, so cross fingers it’s fun!!

I have to agree with you here.  I don't like Sera anyway, and having to watch her mum just adds to that.  The way she talks; the way she walks; her looks - all irritating.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Oh no she did tell him the true but he will fire her, I don't think it will be for long I believe she will be back.

She'll be back. He has already been bitten. He is a very rash individual. Good Lord if runs his company the way he runs his household...

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

7 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Yeah I so agree eh wow.

I love the main leads and their developing romance but is it gonna be Worth the watch to put up with the OLD WOMEN. I have to fast forward their part do they not have a life other than get on my nerves. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, Lfd said:

I love the main leads and their developing romance but is it gonna be Worth the watch to put up with the OLD WOMEN. I have to fast forward their part do they not have a life other than get on my nerves. 

So I am not the only one? Geez. I have the tendency to pick up my phone during their bits.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

18 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

She'll be back. He has already been bitten. He is a very rash individual. Good Lord if runs his company the way he runs his household...

He would have to beg me to come back he didn’t even stop to think all that she has done bringing him and the kids together and getting him to laugh again. Did he not understand why her dad turned his resignation in good grief he runs a company. Now don’t get me wrong I love him but at that one point he broke my heart. Lol he will have to do something great to bring my heart joy again

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Lfd said:

Yeah I agree with you, I love the main leads and their developing romance. And same.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

So I am not the only one? Geez. I have the tendency to pick up my phone during their bits.

Stepmom is a taker and user proved it when she took the money from Dan Dan knowing it was an advance and she wouldn’t get paid anymore for 3 months and then hid it from her dad

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lfd said:

Stepmom is a taker and user proved it when she took the money from Dan Dan knowing it was an advance and she wouldn’t get paid anymore for 3 months and then hid it from her dad

Totally.  Especially when dad got the house.  She could have told him and given it back then.  But nooooo.  She acts like a martyr, but in reality she (and her mom) are definitely users and takers. 

Some are saying DanDan is rude and disrespectful, but respect is something to be earned.  I do feel bad that she had a falling out with her father, who truly loves her, but supports his wife out of gratitude.    

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheaN said:

Totally.  Especially when dad got the house.  She could have told him and given it back then.  But nooooo.  She acts like a martyr, but in reality she (and her mom) are definitely users and takers. 

Some are saying DanDan is rude and disrespectful, but respect is something to be earned.  I do feel bad that she had a falling out with her father, who truly loves her, but supports his wife out of gratitude.    

Dan Dan is not rude it’s just what she has had to put up with growing up and trying to make something of herself and out there helping while the stepmom and son lazy around and scamming money away and the last draw with Dan Dan was losing the money and home. Dan Dan was just to young for all that and her dad never said a word to stepmom and son for what they did  I really think Dan Dan deserves a right to have an attitude. Seems like she is her happiest is with her new family

• Like 7

People are watching for the growth of the Couple and the kids not Shrieking Nosy Ahjumma#6 and the Scheming jealousy and bad acting of 3 SLFs. Too many unnecessary characters makes this a Daily opera instead of a weekend drama. It’s not cute or touching or funny right now IMO

• Like 4

Hi everyone, first time posting here.

Love this drama and all the characters.  I usually watch these when they are over but this is the first one I'm watching while it's on in a while.  

Looking forward to seeing how the main couple get through all the land mines they will have to go through to get to the end. 

After 8 episodes, I feel the writers have done a good job laying out all the stories that will be revealed.  

I don't think there will be enough tears for the main couple when it's revealed Se Ra connived her way into getting her son adopted to the main rich family.  Anna has a work cut out for herself to be accepted by DD when what she has done gets found out by DD. But I love the actress that plays Anna.  The fact that she decided to take this role on makes me believe the writers will or do a good job with this characters. 

I don't mind all the extra older ladies.  These are the characters older generation of Koreans like to watch. And they like that style of comedy and acting.  I quite like Se Ra's mothers acting.  Very different from her usual roles, so is the ML's step mother.  That's really acting out of a typical mother role I've seen her play.  

Besides, they would have hard time filling 50 episodes without all these extra characters and I've seen extras much worse than these legendary actors they've gathered here.  Also these extra characters will help carry the story line in important ways too.  

Bottom line, I am liking this weekend drama, a lot.  

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

On 10/19/2021 at 7:36 PM, seungshin said:

Hi everyone, first time posting here.

Love this drama and all the characters.  I usually watch these when they are over but this is the first one I'm watching while it's on in a while.  

Looking forward to seeing how the main couple get through all the land mines they will have to go through to get to the end. 

After 8 episodes, I feel the writers have done a good job laying out all the stories that will be revealed.  

I don't think there will be enough tears for the main couple when it's revealed Se Ra connived her way into getting her son adopted to the main rich family.  Anna has a work cut out for herself to be accepted by DD when what she has done gets found out by DD. But I love the actress that plays Anna.  The fact that she decided to take this role on makes me believe the writers will or do a good job with this characters. 

I don't mind all the extra older ladies.  These are the characters older generation of Koreans like to watch. And they like that style of comedy and acting.  I quite like Se Ra's mothers acting.  Very different from her usual roles, so is the ML's step mother.  That's really acting out of a typical mother role I've seen her play.  

Besides, they would have hard time filling 50 episodes without all these extra characters and I've seen extras much worse than these legendary actors they've gathered here.  Also these extra characters will help carry the story line in important ways too.  

Bottom line, I am liking this weekend drama, a lot.  

I’m 76 years old and I sure don’t like the older women screaming and hollering one would have been enough. Sorry but they just get on my nerves I have to fast forward them. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

So does everyone know that "dan dan" means strong?  Not big and powerful strong but more like a hard candy strong.  A bamboo stick strong.  Or a piece of metal strong.  Hardwood strong.   A hard nut to crack strong.  

I know no Korean would name a child "dan dan," (maybe they will after the show but).  Dan Dan is not a normal girl's name in Korea.  

So me thinks the producer/writer wanted to convey a message with this name.  Dan Dan Park will be a tough nut to crack.  She will withstand all the craziness that will be thrown her way from here on to get to the other end.  

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2021 at 1:03 AM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Wow you guessed right!

But it is getting more complicated. Sa Ra won't give up her son easily.  She will fiercely go after YG causing more trouble for DD.

I am having the same thoughts as you. By hook or by crook , Se Ra will try by all means to get Se Jong back.

• Blob 1