[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

11 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

Here is my take on SC...

When I see him, I see a big L tattooed on his forehead. He is a loser and always has been. I can now understand now why AK abandoned him 27 years ago, The man has no ambition and is comfortable and embraces living in poverty. He likes being poor and downtrodden.

He only took over the chicken restaurant after his friend basically gave it to him and it only started finding success after his son took it over. The man is what in his 50s?, and was still doing menial labor jobs until the chicken place was given to him.

A real parent wants their children to have a better life and be more successful than they were. The only thing this guy has done for his children is to try and pull them back into poverty where he thinks they belong. What a disgusting human being. 

He is a violent and abusive person who puts up a front of being humble and mild mannered. He belongs in jail.

How can any human being see those heart broken kids crying for their tutor and not feel any empathy for them. He just stood there and watched them with that cold angry look on his face. What a monster!

No, I cannot see why she abandoned him years ago. You judge today's events without the context of everything.  To say all that, one must forget what Anna did to put the train in motion. She left her baby and that is no excuse regardless to what that man is doing in 2022. She told him that she's dead when she abandoned her baby. She lied about who she was and seduced him and he also allowed himself to be seduced. She was willing to lie about who she was even when she wanted to take them to America because she wanted what you wanted and didn't care about the consequences. Nice and quiet people are the wrong people to take off. People who are generally kind and a pushover, when they finally snap, there is hell to pay! I'm not going to rewrite TV history to justify my like or dislike for character. You can like how he is now but what you're saying still is not attached to the Past. It does not show that this man had been abusive even in back flashes up until now with the exception of his now wife cuz he allowed her to get verbally abused by his daughter and always threaten to divorce her. And Anna is now flipping mode because she wanted DD to get with YG now she's scared and don't want her to be with him? At the end of the day, I don't care how high the ratings are, I just think that people are used to this time slot and they're going to watch anyway which produces this crappy crappy crappy crappy writing. It is the same as revolutionary sisters.  Just because he's acting like a nut Now, does not in any way justify what Anna did. Trying to justify what Anna did by stepping on this man's character doesn't make any better. He grew up without a family and Faithfully dedicated himself to Anna. Selfish ambition is not a Hallmark of excellent parenting. Being there for your children whether you're rich or poor and them knowing that they are loved and cared for is the Hallmark of parenting. There are plenty of successful people in therapy right now because they have let love, caring, and a moral compass to be a decent human being but they're rich.

Besides all that, this writer is a plot generator which means these characters are going to act according to the plot regardless to how psychotic it is. The writer is living on Cloud 9 because they're getting high ratings so even in Korean culture hate the crap writing, until the faithful KBS audience gets tired of this mess by stop watching it, this is the type of drama we will continue to get.

• Like 4

SC/SJ for the win! SE Chan telling SC he’s violating DD basic human rights.

Todays episode so painful to watch. (You can thank SC/AK for that) I ff thru to see if there were any salvageable parts. I don’t even care that SC fell off his motorcycle. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

You judge today's events without the context of everything.  To say all that, one must forget what Anna did to put the train in motion. She left her baby and that is no excuse regardless to what that man is doing in 2022. She told him that she's dead when she abandoned her baby.

Well let's take things in context then....Did AK abandon him and their baby? Yes. Most certainly and that was a horrible thing to do. Noone understands the effect that has more than me. But the dude is a schlub. An unmotivated man who failed to adequately provide for his family both in the past and in the present. He continues to strive to keep his family in poverty. However,,,, That does not give him license to commit felony level crimes. End of story. No more discussion. He is violent and abusive. There is no NO context that gives him license to commit felony assault and kidnapping. Sorry. I am not buying it. He has failed as a man.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, rolisrntex said:

Well let's take things in context then....Did AK abandon him and their baby? Yes. Most certainly and that was a horrible thing to do. Noone understands the effect that has more than me. But the dude is a schlub. An unmotivated man who failed to adequately provide for his family both in the past and in the present. He continues to strive to keep his family in poverty. However,,,, That does not give him license to commit felony level crimes. End of story. No more discussion. He is violent and abusive. There is no NO context that gives him license to commit felony assault and kidnapping. Sorry. I am not buying it. He has failed as a man.

I’m not buying it either is it ok in Korea to do that. I can’t stand him never did like him

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Man!!! Today's episode was hard to watch!! I was angry the entire time!! I absolutely hate Dan Dan's dad!!!:rage: I've never liked him (plus the actor is just physically stiff and not a favourite of mine. He's like a certain actress who consistently plays the part of annoying, prejudiced grandma/MIL and pi$ses me off when she comes on screen). I had to lower the volume in his scenes to make it... Anna Kim is another one... How dare she!! Who the heck does she think she is?? I suffered through the episode. Is this the hill Writernim has chosen to die on??

5 hours ago, chdom said:

. I don’t even care that SC fell off his motorcycle. 

Me either. I was hoping he dies. First time I've ever wished death on a drama character.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

He continues to strive to keep his family in poverty but he has his own chicken shop? Something doesn't compute here. And yet, he almost lost his life working in a construction site when Anna abandoned him? And yet, he has always been willing to work even the most humble jobs to put food on the table. What you say don't make any sense. There is no context for you to come up with that story that doesn't match. However, I agree about the kidnapping and now that this is trifling and downright Criminal. Besides that, everything else you're saying is really nonsense in my opinion because it doesn't match what the story has shown. At no point did it ever show this man is being a stay-at-home dad without working the job so what you saying does not line up.

• Like 2

Let us give it to the two boys for acting their hearts out, in taking a taxi and going crying for their beloved "seonsaengnim"...  Literally brought tears to my eyes.  How can that family (or the blockhead dad SC or the hypocrite mother AK) tell DD this bullcrap that she "will be marrying somebody with three kids" as though it will be such a huge mistake?   She loves them so deeply and they love her as deeply in return.

That boy Sechan is so thoughtful in how he keeps Jenny out of all this, knowing that she may need more convincing by YG and DD at the right time!  And his little brother trusts him completely to go along with any scheme that he cooks up.  Great stuff :thumbsup:

Fantastic casting by the drama for the three kids.  I just love all their scenes.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 2

@jayakris Yeah. In the beginning i liked Sejong the most of the kids but i think my favorite now is Sechan. He does everything to get DD and YG together and help cover for them also.

Also i hope DD won't let SC off either easy when she finds out who AK is and what they're doing. I'm angry how AK treat YG now after all these years she has known him.

• Like 5

chingus, have started the drama thread for the drama that will replace this one.

not sure if the airing date will be changed because of olympics scheduling and delays. so far, it is scheduled to start March 26. Gentleman and Young Lady is supposed to end March 20. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

chingus, have started the drama thread for the drama that will replace this one.

not sure if the airing date will be changed because of olympics scheduling and delays. so far, it is scheduled to start March 26. Gentleman and Young Lady is supposed to end March 20. 

I think the next drama will start airing on April 2nd since 'Gentleman and Young Lady' will only have 1 episode a week for the next 2 weeks due to the Olympics. With the 2-episode extension, it should finish around March 27. The Korean wikipedia for the next drama does also seem to say it begins on April 2nd, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Ayame said:

I think the next drama will start airing on April 2nd since 'Gentleman and Young Lady' will only have 1 episode a week for the next 2 weeks due to the Olympics. With the 2-episode extension, it should finish around March 27. The Korean wikipedia for the next drama does also seem to say it begins on April 2nd, too.

thanks ayame; the english sites all had it starting as March 26. will update thread details accordingly. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jayakris said:

Fantastic casting by the drama for the three kids.  I just love all their scenes.

I made the comment to my wife while watching this episode the cast members who play YG/DD and the kids have done a beautiful job of creating that family dynamic. It seems so real.

8 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

He continues to strive to keep his family in poverty but he has his own chicken shop? Something doesn't compute here.

Well let me put things another way to make my point. Besides attempting to commit murder and suicide what else has the man accomplished with his life since AK left? Did he maybe try to get a truck driving license? No. Well maybe a heavy equipment operator license? No didn't do that either. Well maybe a real estate or barber's license? Nope.

So let's talk about the chicken place then. Remember it was practically given to him by an old Army buddy. In fact, the guy had to beg him to take it over. Even then Eeyore tried to talk his way out of it. No ambition or drive in life. 

Also, the chicken shack was failing until Dae Bum came and changed up the menu by making the breading more flavorful and adding new sauces to go with the chicken.

So now when people offend or do not behave according to his sad outlook in life, he commits felony offenses. The end result of his behavior is both of his children are miserable and he is alienating them.

One thing I have learned about having adult children myself is you have to love them where they are. You can't live their lives for them and you have to let them make their own mistakes. They 'll learn from those mistakes and eventually right the ship. Sometimes they don't and it is painful to watch. Hopefully, you give them enough foundation while they are growing up they find the right path.

However, we can shake hands and agree to disagree. I won't post on this subject anymore and let the thread continue. I'll let you have the last word.

• Like 8

Dear Chingus, we are back with an exciting Quick Poll!:wow1:

Many of our favourite dramas will be on a hiatus. While we wait for our dramas to air, let us experience the thrill of Winter Olympics. Do participate in the poll and let us know about your favourite events that never fail to give you the adrenalin rush. :highonflowers:

re: @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

47 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

I made the comment to my wife while watching this episode the cast members who play YG/DD and the kids have done a beautiful job of creating that family dynamic. It seems so real.

Well let me put things another way to make my point. Besides attempting to commit murder and suicide what else has the man accomplished with his life since AK left? Did he maybe try to get a truck driving license? No. Well maybe a heavy equipment operator license. No didn't do that either. Well maybe a real estate or barber's license. Nope.

So let's talk about the chicken place then. Remember it was practically given to him by an old Army buddy. In fact, the guy had to beg him to take it over. Even then Eeyore tried to talk his way out of it. No ambition or drive in life. 

Also, the chicken shack was failing until Dae Bum came and changed up the menu by making the breading more flavorful and adding new sauces to go with the chicken.

So now when people offend or do not behave according to his sad outlook in life, he commits felony offenses. The end result of his behavior is both of his children are miserable and he is alienating them.

One thing I have learned about having adult children myself is you have to love them where they are. You can't live their lives for them and you have to let them make their own mistakes. They 'll learn from those mistakes and eventually right the ship. Sometimes they don't and it is painful to watch. Hopefully, you give them enough foundation while they are growing up they find the right path.

However, we can shake hands and agree to disagree. I won't post on this subject anymore and let the thread continue. I'll let you have the last word.

U r so right

11 hours ago, africandramalover said:

Man!!! Today's episode was hard to watch!! I was angry the entire time!! I absolutely hate Dan Dan's dad!!!:rage: I've never liked him (plus the actor is just physically stiff and not a favourite of mine. He's like a certain actress who consistently plays the part of annoying, prejudiced grandma/MIL and pi$ses me off when she comes on screen). I had to lower the volume in his scenes to make it... Anna Kim is another one... How dare she!! Who the heck does she think she is?? I suffered through the episode. Is this the hill Writernim has chosen to die on??

Me either. I was hoping he dies. First time I've ever wished death on a drama character.

I wished he was hit on the head and had amnesia and couldn’t remember maybe up to when he and Anna were a couple and they both take off to the States    Problem solved

• Like 4
  • Awesome 3

14 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

Well let me put things another way to make my point. Besides attempting to commit murder and suicide what else has the man accomplished with his life since AK left? Did he maybe try to get a truck driving license? No. Well maybe a heavy equipment operator license? No didn't do that either. Well maybe a real estate or barber's license? Nope.

Well I'll be hot and spicy. I love the Sass! 

If thank you so much your Majesty for letting me have the last word :hwaiting2:.

Jokes and Barbs aside, I do think you acquitted yourself quite well. Although I still 1000% disagree with you, I see your point. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1