[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

7 hours ago, Lfd said:

Do u remember the neighbor saying that Anna wasn’t normal and thats the reason she left I’m gonna go back and find that

But didn’t she said that her mother was cold blooded because she left her husband and daughter? 

im actually wondering: did someone else knew that Anna had come back to see DD? And how did she recognize her? 
As far as I remember SC said that she never came back. 

I just hope that YG stops keeping DD at arms length. She’s going to need someone to hug her once this debacle is out in the open. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

But didn’t she said that her mother was cold blooded because she left her husband and daughter? 

im actually wondering: did someone else knew that Anna had come back to see DD? And how did she recognize her? 
As far as I remember SC said that she never came back. 

I just hope that YG stops keeping DD at arms length. She’s going to need someone to hug her once this debacle is out in the open. 

My translation said "She wanted normal".  It also had nothing about real mom being cold blooded.  hmmmmmm?

There was a short scene where AK returns, but sees SC already has another family.  I think she still had her old face.  She ends up turning around and leaving.  That's probably when she decided to go to USA.

Maybe that's what will bring them together.  DD in pain and suffering will make him want to protect her and hold her close.

I wonder what he'll think about AK being DD's mom, though.  It seems she became part of his family before her face changed, then left for USA and had the accident.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Soompi Forums Awards (Poll #2): The best streaming dramas, c-dramas, daily/weekend dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now you can also vote for your favorite 2021:

• Daily/weekend dramas
  • C-dramas
  • Streaming dramas (ie dramas that only appeared on streaming sites like Netflix)

milk-and-mocha-cute.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

13 hours ago, TheaN said:

My translation said "She wanted normal".  It also had nothing about real mom being cold blooded.  hmmmmmm?

To my recollection, the neighbor said: "보통이 아니야."

It literally does mean "not normal."

But it's one of those phrases that can be lost in translation. Depending on the context, it can mean something very positive, e.g., "she's extraordinary." It can also mean something somewhat negative, "She's a bit unusual."

But it's not something that should be translated as "she's not normal," i.e., abnormal, which in English, would indicate that she is somehow defective. That's not what the neighbor means by saying that.

• Like 2

I was enjoying this show when it started. But the amnesia part threw me off.  I skipped a few chapters of the show.  Been monitoring on KBSworld lately.  The bad guys when will they be unmasked. I feel so bad for Dandan first her love is thrown by wayside and sabotaged and then her real mother is back sort of yet she is clueless and then when will she ever be truly happy. Maybe she needs to get away from them all. Show please do not make it hard. The shining light the kids they are so cute and acting on point . Maybe we need a new love interest whatever happened to classmate oppa.

• Like 5

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/1090001

According to this article, there is controversy regarding the violence. Viewers found it too violent for a weekend drama meant for family viewing and lighthearted romance. And it was disturbing since date-violence is such a problem these days. KBS received complaints.

Some people feel that she deserved it so those scenes were justified.

• Like 2

@chickfactor I can understand the first slap but the violence later was overkill. Although i dont feel much sympathy with AK compared to what she has done. But i can see the reason why its a controversy since second violent scene in the episode wasnt needed.

I guess its mostly about the second scene they talk about?

• Like 1

So where to begin with episodes 31/32?  

You really have to feel for Jun Oh and Mi Rim.   Of course they had to like each other a lot and of course his mom becomes a huge factor in their relationship going forward.    He sure has guts playing footsy with Mi Rim with his mom sitting there!  I still root for them, but it will be interesting to see how things end up.

It seems like Dae Bum and Se Ryeon are at a slight freeze in their relationship.   I’m not sure if that’s a good thing at this point.   I do wonder how long they plan to keep the other guy around for.   

Cha Gun and SR?   I still don’t know why he would want to get involved with her.  Of course, he’s not aware of nearly all the horrible things she’s done to this point.   If the idea is to have him “save” SR, then it will prove to be an interesting lift.   We shall see.

So, now we’ll get to one of the main storylines.   Yeon Sil is really something.   She’s blinded by money so much that she still wants her husband to go with AK to the States.   You would think her tune would change once she discovers the truth(s).   Still, I’m not sure given her character.

AK is still quite a piece of work for believing that she can lure her ex-husband and daughter to the States with her.   The more I watch her, the more I viscerally dislike her.    In fact, I'm starting to think she's more delusional than SR which is really saying something.

While I can applaud Soo Cheol for discovering the truth and not going with AK, I cannot defend his violent actions towards her either.   Especially when you contrast his behavior with YK’s behavior when he regained his partial memory and broke off his engagement with SR at the hotel.   I remember thinking to myself, “Please don’t hit her.  Just don’t do it!”   To his credit, YK did not lay a hand on her despite his anger.   Who would have thought that Soo Cheol could actually learn something from YK?

Speaking of YK, we now know that it’s all about his actions, not his words.   No matter how much he might tell DD that they have no future together, his actions and his heartbeat betray him royally.   It's obvious how much he still loves her.   As far as DD, the fact that she knows the whole truth about YK’s “engagement” should make her want to be with him even more.   Remember, she’s a fighter.   She will fight for what she believes in – that includes her love for YK.   Good for her for not giving up!   And I actually like the way she's being playful with him.  By the way, I can’t be the only one who is still chuckling over her special “love tap Indian bop” when YK lost the Jenga game with her and the kids! :)

@TheaNI do think you're correct about AK ultimately being the catalyst that re-sparks YK and DD.   They will surely comfort each other over the shocking revelations.  A slow burn but a certain one I'm convinced.

Wow, I really had quite a bit to say this week.   A lot truly happened.    Bring on episodes 33/34!

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

12 hours ago, Lunkera said:

@chickfactor I can understand the first slap but the violence later was overkill. Although i dont feel much sympathy with AK compared to what she has done. But i can see the reason why its a controversy since second violent scene in the episode wasnt needed.

I guess its mostly about the second scene they talk about?

He should never hit her like chairman the moment he remembered in the hotel with Sara how angry he got but he never hit her. I’m beginning to think Park don’t have any luck with women first with Anna then wife must not have been going good with wife when he cheated in his mind with another women before he learned it was woman no 1. Once a cheater always a cheater.  Well maybe not but I have always heard that lol

15 hours ago, chickfactor said:

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/1090001

According to this article, there is controversy regarding the violence. Viewers found it too violent for a weekend drama meant for family viewing and lighthearted romance. And it was disturbing since date-violence is such a problem these days. KBS received complaints.

Some people feel that she deserved it so those scenes were justified.

So it’s going to be ok when wifey finds out him cheated with wifey no 1 and she takes a ball bat to his head and beat the crap out of him. He walked freely into Anna’s bed and every time Anna opened her mouth he was by her side in a flash he was cheating on his wife guess u can blame that on because Anna left him 27 years ago turned him into a cheater 

• Like 3

Looking forward to this weekend episodes, less than 24 hours until it airs after all :D . I do hope DD finds out AK is her mother in sunday episode as latest. I do hope they tone down on the violence though, It's in a family drama slot after all so i get peoples concern about episode 32.

• Like 2

Seems like SC still insists to DD that her mom is dead. DD is angry i think she says something about that she cant forgive him and runs off crying. SC is such coward to not reveal the truth. DD is an adult woman in her late 20s...

DD go back to find her dad again after investigating but he still refuses to tell her anything and insist her mom is dad and DD leave the house crying again. Now she visits AK. She asks for AK help because from what she knows is that her bio mom is in U.S but she doesnt know anyone/unfamiliar with U.S. She says her dad won't tell her and ask AK for help but AK dodges it i think shes about to leave korea. DD off crying again. I feel so sad for DD this episode.

AK told SC that DD was there. They meet up. She told him that she didnt tell DD anything. AK tells him i think to tell DD that her mom abandoned her. SC refuses to hear reason. He doesn't understand that he will just hurt DD more when it's out in the open...

DD fell asleep or is dazed and had to go out at final destination and there is no Taxi nearby. YG called her and asked where she is. She told her. YG says hes coming. YG asks her whats wrong and she needs help with anything. DD says to YG her mom is alive. He offers to help her find her mom and DD cries and thanks YG. YG meets up with AK and tell him that she will return to US. YG think its wierd since they have a fashion show coming up i think. I think DD was contacted with the woman who she talked with previous episode. Seems like DD finds out now that her bio mom abandoned her and SC. She finds out her dad never had an affair and that they were abandoned. DD is in shock. She sees a mother with her daughter and stares. I think she says something about the children and then something about how you can abandon your own child. Don't get how she can forgive her dad in an instant though. She deserved to know the truth.

DD tells YG that he doesn't need to find her mother. She lost all interest after finding out her bio mom abandoned her.

I think there were someone new in the house that they knew from before. She doesn't seem to be scheming like SaRa. I think she refuses to become YG stepmom ally or something like that. She seems kinda stiff and i think loyal to her employer YG. She might be married i dont know.

SaRa lying in bed. She has flashbacks of the previous episode with CG. She meets up with CG and agrees to go out with him. He drags her off to a place to eat that he says is good. There is a queue and he apologizes and she says its fine and they queue. It's cold so he put her hand in his pocket. SaRa has flashbacks of YG rejecting her and treating her roughly. CG wonders whats wrong i think she says she is touched. End their date at the evening. SaRa is caught by her mother after the date and they argue. Seems like SaRa likes him. As of now it doesn't seem like a plot but we never know.

YG in his office remembering the talk from when DD says she was abandoned. He calls DD and ask where she is. Invite her for a meal. YG invites her for beer after and she says shes fine but YG says she likes beer. They go to a a place. There is some drinking competition with awards and DD is into the giant teddybear. He asks if shes interested in it and he go up and enter the competition. He wins the toy. I think DD says Sejong would like it.

Later in the morning housekeeper checks the bedroom and tells YG she isnt in her room. YG is off looking for DD. He finds her. they talk and it ends. Preview : DD felt a wierd feeling walking past AK and tells her dad. DD and YG getting closer in the preview.

Seems like the video clip and preview are delayed today. Ill upload some when i see them

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@nohamahamoud2002 Didn't have space to post it and didnt wanna triple post :P . My hope is that she is sincere towards CG. It seemed like that in the episode after her argument with her mother but you never know. Also wonder what they will use YG lost memories of when he had amnesia for. I'm all for SaRa and CG so DD and YG won't get sabotaged.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

24 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

@nohamahamoud2002 Yeah and i hope she is sincere. Because of all the things shes done i'm still paranoid that this still isn't the end of her trying something again.

Yess. I know from watching other series -_-

But at least she is comparing between YG and Gun, and she realizes how different they are. :)

• Like 4