[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

23 hours ago, Lunkera said:

@backstreetboysfan Hope so to. Atleast the amnesia plot is at the middle of the drama instead of towards the end. Seen alot worse amnesia plots over the years so i guess im alittle resistant towards it 

Yes this is very true.

14 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

Not intending to dash any hopes but this same writer kept the OTP apart until the last episode in My Only One.

OMG, yes it is you are right. Darn it.

• Like 1

So caught up on the last few episodes, some thoughts:

Anna Kim - I really dislike her. The way she is trying to manipulate the situation to get the family that she CHOOSE to abandon back is gross. Cancer is not going to make me feel pity for her. 

Step-Mom: So greedy, but I just feel like the writer is just making her worse to make Anna look better. Because if the mom wasn't this greedy or money minded they wouldn't be able to justify Anna Kim/Soo Chul. She needs to be the "bad guy" so that clears the path for Anna Kim/Soo Chul. Just feel like she is the scape goat character. 

Mi-ram/Joon-oh: They are my favorite couple in this drama. I know things are going to get messy with them, but I love them so far. I wonder what kind of job Joon-oh is going to land on. Depending on what it is, his mom might not be opposed. There are other jobs she would deem respectable. 

Se-ryun/Dae-beom - I still like them and their scenes together. However, instead of working in the chicken restaurant I think Se-ryun should spend time figuring out what she wants to do. I feel like her plan was just to live off her brothers money for the rest of her life. I think she would be better off figuring out a career for herself. 

Sa-ra - I hate everything she is doing, but I do like her scenes with Gun. Gun deserves better but if this is what he wants then oh well. 

People need to stop making decisions for Dan-Dan. I think Soo-chul is going to find out Anna Kim's secret and no longer push Dan-Dan to go to the US. 

I need the main couple to get together sooner than later. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A couple of things...

I don't think the writer is purposely trying to make YS look worse to make Anna Kim look better. First of all, Anna Kim still looks bad, especially considering she still hasn't come clean to her husband and child. YS is greedy and she has stayed on brand with that since episode one. I feel like she only likes her husband as long as he is providing and giving her money. Without that factor, she doesn't seem to care much for him. No woman could just send her "hubby" away for five years to make money and be okay, no excited about it. SC feels unappreciated and used, which he is, but it wasn't until he encountered Anna Kim and her constantly showing him gratitude that I feel he finally paid attention to how he was being treated. He has basically been on autopilot since she left. The tide will surely turn when it is all said and done.

What I want to know is what is the over and under for how quick SC won't be going to the U.S?

I feel like he will either find out Anna Kim's real identity (a) Within the next two episodes; (b) From one of those men who work at the restaurant across the way; or (c) At the airport before getting on the plane.

My money is on C, because I feel like that truth will get dragged out some. What do you all think?

• Like 6

On 1/6/2022 at 3:24 PM, nubianlegalmind said:

A couple of things...

I don't think the writer is purposely trying to make YS look worse to make Anna Kim look better. First of all, Anna Kim still looks bad, especially considering she still hasn't come clean to her husband and child. YS is greedy and she has stayed on brand with that since episode one. I feel like she only likes her husband as long as he is providing and giving her money. Without that factor, she doesn't seem to care much for him. No woman could just send her "hubby" away for five years to make money and be okay, no excited about it. SC feels unappreciated and used, which he is, but it wasn't until he encountered Anna Kim and her constantly showing him gratitude that I feel he finally paid attention to how he was being treated. He has basically been on autopilot since she left. The tide will surely turn when it is all said and done.

What I want to know is what is the over and under for how quick SC won't be going to the U.S?

I feel like he will either find out Anna Kim's real identity (a) Within the next two episodes; (b) From one of those men who work at the restaurant across the way; or (c) At the airport before getting on the plane.

My money is on C, because I feel like that truth will get dragged out some. What do you all think?

Episode 1 did not show her being greedy. It showed her being gullible and used by her mother for money. So I don't agree with that characterization especially it didn't show her being greedy until after the time Jump. Another factor is often missed on this thread it's a fact that her husband made her live as an adulterer in her step-daughter's eyes and threatened her when she tried to set the record straight. YS husband was killed in a hit and run.

• Like 1

Who else has seen this video?   Wow oh wow!   Will they quit teasing us?  Why oh why do they want to torture us like this?    I hope writer-nim sees this.   Better yet, I hope that writer-nim actually helped make this ad.

For the record, I've already lost count of how many times I've seen this.   :love:

• Like 5

I find it absurd that they still won't tell DD that her mother abandoned her. Today DD aunt first found out from DD that her mother was dead and about DD thinking her father and stepmother had an affair. So DD stepmom had to tell the truth to the aunt. DD doesnt even have a picture of her mom and he still refuses to tell the truth...

He tells AK that he cant go with her and cant leave his family. AK backhug him (barf). later he leaves. AK meets DD stepmom, DD stepmom being her greedy self and AK being manipulative. DD stepmom tries to talk him into it but he refuses.

OMG DD dad sees AK 2 dots in the neck and having flashback and it ends. preview DD dad sees AK babyphotos and realizes AK is DD bio mom and screams at her. Also more scenes of DD and YG in the preview aswell as DD & YG + kids. Also SaRa and the other guy(dont know his name) scene.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

I find it absurd that they still won't tell DD that her mother abandoned her. Today DD aunt first found out from DD that her mother was dead and about DD thinking her father and stepmother had an affair. So DD stepmom had to tell the truth to the aunt. DD doesnt even have a picture of her mom and he still refuses to tell the truth...

He tells AK that he cant go with her and cant leave his family. AK backhug him (barf). later he leaves. AK meets DD stepmom, DD stepmom being her greedy self and AK being manipulative. DD stepmom tries to talk him into it but he refuses.

OMG DD dad sees AK 2 dots in the neck and having flashback and it ends. preview DD dad sees AK babyphotos and realizes AK is DD bio mom and screams at her. Also more scenes of DD and YG in the preview aswell as DD & YG + kids. Also SaRa and the other guy(dont know his name) scene.

I still don't understand why they can't tell the truth to DD. She's so hurt. 

And Finally SC connected the dots! Let's wait and see. He's really in a tough spot with both women trying to string him along. 

btw, loved the scenes with the kids and YG. DD is going to need some support soon, so I hope YG is going to be there for her.

• Like 3

@Min Mcgonagall Yeah and i will actually pity the stepmom, she's greedy but she's still better than AK cause she also had to live with the label of homewrecker in DD eyes. What AK has done is far worse in my opinion. Also just sighing at DD dad for his sheer stupidity. I hope YG and the children will be there for her when it all blows open because it will break DD heart.

I hope the relationship for SaRa moves along towards the other guy more soon so it can be focused on DD and YG. Since i guess there will be objection when they are together in the open. Then also Sejong birth secret.

Ending(favorite part)

Preview

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, kysy said:

It was just announced that this drama will be getting a 2 episode extension and will now finish with episode 52. 

Maybe it will be all Chairman’s and DD’s time

SaRa try to convince Sechan but he doesnt want anything to do with her. Then went to YG and same result. CG sees it and help her and they go for eat and drink. after that they leave and you see the scene in the preview but after she says it and leaves she return back and hugs CG and cries & apologize to him and he says its fine. DD dad had nightmares and kept seeing both AK and JY flashing. Then has flashbacks of his meeting with her on airport. He went to AK house when she was away and searched and found the photoalbum. He took AK toothbrush and went meet DD giving her something to drink. Took the straw and toothbrush to a lab for DNA Test to verify it. Now the scene with the kids from the preview. Dont know what was said exactly but YG is being teased for being old by the kids.

Scene with YG and DD from preview. DD dad receive the answer for the DNA Test. DD dad shocked and having flashback with AK abandoning him and DD and AK tells him to tell DD shes dead. More recent flashbacks with AK and hes pissed.  He slaps AK hard so she bleeds and ask if shes human. Says some words and throw the DNA test result and leaves. DD finds out from some lady that her mother is alive but she doesnt know who yet and confront her dad ask him why and it ends. DD getting close in the preview to find out who her bio mom is. Also a scene with CG and SaRa in the preview. They seem to go slowly in the direction to reveal DD bio mom and CG and SaRa relationship 

DD dad obtaining material for DNA Test

SaRa with CG scene

Spoiler

• Like 2

So i don't know the limit of videos in each post so Moderator please feel free to edit my posts and explain the limits and so on. 

@Min Mcgonagall I've probably seen it before. But it's usually the future MIL doing the heavy slapping. to be fair i don't pity AK at all. Will post preview in this post whenever it comes. regularly F5 kbs drama youtube.

DD finds out her mom is alive

Preview : 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lunkera said:

So i don't know the limit of videos in each post so Moderator please feel free to edit my posts and explain the limits and so on. 

@Min Mcgonagall I've probably seen it before. But it's usually the future MIL doing the heavy slapping. to be fair i don't pity AK at all. Will post preview in this post whenever it comes. regularly F5 kbs drama youtube.

DD finds out her mom is alive

Preview : 

I'm sorry, but I could even understan he slapped her that first time, but the rest?! How is that ok?! He should go and punch a wall or something. 

And now he has to face the lie he gave his daughter. She's the only one getting hurt all over again now.

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 1

@Min Mcgonagall AK sent DD dad a message to meet. I think AK was making excuses with regard to having an accident in the U.S. There is also the scene where she abandoned him and DD and cruelly telling him to tell DD shes dead. All her manipulations has made him completely furious at her and want her away from him and DD. He is not in his right mind when it comes to AK now, but yeah that second scene at her home was over the top but i still can't pity her. She should have come clean long ago and not manipulate them for her own benefit.

The one i pity most in this situation is DD. As you said she is the one who will be most hurt. I hope YG will stop hesitate and be there for her when it all blow up.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

@Min Mcgonagall AK sent DD dad a message to meet. I think AK was making excuses with regard to having an accident in the U.S. There is also the scene where she abandoned him and DD and cruelly telling him to tell DD shes dead. All her manipulations has made him completely furious at her and want her away from him and DD. He is not in his right mind when it comes to AK now, but yeah that second scene at her home was over the top but i still can't pity her. She should have come clean long ago and not manipulate them for her own benefit.

The one i pity most in this situation is DD. As you said she is the one who will be most hurt. I hope YG will stop hesitate and be there for her when it all blow up.

I agree she handled everything badly. Really bad. And I understand he's angry. But, that second scene at her house is too much. He shouldn't have gone then. That whole pushing her and choking her is way to much.

And yes, DD is the one who is going to suffer the most.

Now I need the subs to understand lol!

• Like 3

@Min Mcgonagall Well, anyway. The drama seems to be heading in the right direction atleast. From today scene and preview it seems like it will focus more on SaRa-CG instead her making up more lies. I hope she won't revert back again to stupid plots. I'm curious why they are holding on to YG amnesia, i didn't watch those episodes. Did he find out any big in his amnesiac state for them to hold his memory return off?

• Like 5