[Current drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨, Sat & Sun @1955 KST

Lmangla

Just now, Lunkera said:

@Rimmy sigh.... AK should have just come clean long ago. Was there any progress with DD YG?

No progress at all. He wants dandan to go to America and he doesn’t want to date her anymore. On preview fire will break and YG comes to the rescue finally

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rimmy said:

On todays episode mr park admitted stayed with Anna kim. He got so scared that Anna won’t eat and get sick again he said he will go to America with her. So I don’t know what more confirmation some of you need. Don’t be in denial. He’s not innocent

I think all three of them are at fault. 

But, what is it with Mr. Park and YG not taking responsibility for their feelings? They just do what  other ppl say. Mr Park rejected Anna at first and then, after YS went and took money from his sister, and yelled at him to go to the states and Anna was sick he changed his mind? 

Please, what does he expect?! To go to the US, with a woman that wants him, who he wants and still have a wife back in Korea? I'm sorry but that does not make any sense. And no, I'm not blaming it all on Anna. He knows what's going on, but he still decided to go. And YS...what is not ticking by her?! she wants her husband to go for 5 years!?

And YG, let his friend encourage him, only to change his mind after talking to Anna. What happens with giving DD a choice? Why can't he talk to her first!? He's treating her like a child and I'm tired of it.

Truly, the kiddos have more resolution than all of the adults combined! Little SeChan and SeJong standing up to SaRa, even when the woman locked them in the basement!!! 

• Like 4

On 12/30/2021 at 11:42 AM, Lfd said:

The first thing stepmom need to do is get out and get a job if she wants better and not take from a those that have got out and worked. Taking from others to make your life better and especially from your children is just low to me.  

Looks like she got a job, pimping her husband:what!:

3 hours ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

Truly, the kiddos have more resolution than all of the adults combined! Little SeChan and SeJong standing up to SaRa, even when the woman locked them in the basement!!! 

This woman needs to be kept FAR FAR away from children.

• Like 5

The bad news sports fans is Korean TV works no different than American TV. Until the Korean audience switches the channel causing the ratings to drop and make advertisers squeamish, there will be no change in the story line it will be wash, rinse, repeat until episode 49. Heck KBS thinks the writer is doing such a good job they gave her an award. We are stuck in Groundhog Day for the foreseeable future.

• Like 3
  • Unamused 2

1 minute ago, rolisrntex said:

The bad news sports fans is Korean TV works no different than American TV. Until the Korean audience switches the channel causing the ratings to drop and make advertisers squeamish, there will be no change in the story line it will be wash, rinse, repeat until episode 49. Heck KBS thinks the writer is doing such a good job they gave her an award. We are stuck in Groundhog Day for the foreseeable future.

That's what I think too. I mean, we are all here ranting but the writer gets an award for this and the ratings are high. So, we can't expect much changing.

29 minutes ago, TheaN said:

Yes, well...she yells and demands and he's having an affair. This marriage is not good. 

I was done when I saw all of that family wanting him to go... 5 YEARS?! 

30 minutes ago, TheaN said:

I can't even with her anymore. The AUDACITY!!!

and then they made her be abused by the ex? 

My capacity to feel sympathy for her is nonexistent right now. Poor kiddos are traumatized! And she says she's doing that for her son!?!? 

PLEASE!

• Like 4

I didn't really watch today's episode as promised, but I take it from the comments on this thread that they've made Soo Chul's wife even worse to try to justify the reunion between him and his ex-wife. Yeah they Ridin High on ratings, but I really believe that after this weekend, these ratings are going to drop.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheaN said:

Just think those 2 nuts could be the child’s parents now that’s a thought 

Just now, Lfd said:

Just think those 2 nuts could be the child’s parents now that’s a thought 

Lol she might make some good money pimping her husband

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

That's what I think too. I mean, we are all here ranting but the writer gets an award for this and the ratings are high. So, we can't expect much changing.

Yes, well...she yells and demands and he's having an affair. This marriage is not good. 

I was done when I saw all of that family wanting him to go... 5 YEARS?! 

I can't even with her anymore. The AUDACITY!!!

and then they made her be abused by the ex? 

My capacity to feel sympathy for her is nonexistent right now. Poor kiddos are traumatized! And she says she's doing that for her son!?!? 

PLEASE!

The ex was a married man wasn’t he

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheaN said:

I think he left SR and married someone else, probably for money.  Now he's divorced.

Ok  

5 minutes ago, Lfd said:

Ok  

But we can see what she fooled with. I so hope the child isn’t Sara’s 

• Like 1

spoiler for those who haven't seen the last 2 episodes

Spoiler

The engagement is OFF.  Music to my ears.  I can be happy until next week.  Then I'm at the mercy of the screenwriter.:hooray:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Newbie21SG said:

Rating for 2-January 2022:

34.4% (6.319m viewers)

So this weekend episodes was a drop in ratings in comparison to last week. Yesterday's episode was 31% and today's is 34%. Yesterday's episode with a 1.5% drop in comparison to last week's first episode and today's second episode is a 1.3% drop in comparison to last week's second episode. The ratings are dropping off little by little which is Major because although in the past this drama had a pattern of losing and gaining, the losing and gaining would still be a major increase week over the week before. This time it's trending downwards. The preview is only showing the Korean audience that the shenanigans will continue with Se Ra and therefore, Dan Dan will not be reunited with dumb fool. Soo Cheating Chul will likely be even more defiant before egg falls all over his face concerning Anna. I know people are celebrating that the engagement is off, but it will be back on because it is likely that Se Ra will lie about being pregnant in her latest attempt of desperation, this wasting even more episodes instead of developing the characters.

YS becomes more of a clown character every week and think  they can justify the cheating antics of Soo Chul. We still don't know much about Ys and her first marriage nor her marriage to her current husband. We don't know what they've been through as a couple so by the writers not developing their marriage or revealing the complete past, they think it's easier to destroy her character to make it easier for Anna. Yes, YS is money-grubbing behavior is aggravating, but Soo Chul made this woman live as an adulterous woman in the eyes of their daughter their entire marriage when in reality, he is now quite the adulterer.

• Like 2

Finally, KBS 2TV’s popular drama “Young Lady and Gentleman” rose to an average nationwide rating of 34.4 percent, successfully defending its position as the most-watched program to air on any channel on Sunday.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/snowdrop-ratings-rise-as-uncle-and-the-king-of-tears-lee-bang-won-hit-new-all-time-highs/#ixzz7GrmttW3P

• Like 1