[Current drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨, Sat & Sun @1955 KST

Lmangla

On 12/24/2021 at 11:27 AM, heistheway said:

@TheaNI like your predictions/theories overall.   The one I'd disagree the most with would be Jun Oh and Mi Rim.    Although I'm not going to predict what he ends up doing with his life, I'm convinced that he will not be a doctor nor finish medical school.   I know that he feels awful about breaking his mom's heart but I also believe that he'll find something that can make his mom proud and be with Mi Rim at the same time (again what specifically that is I'm not clever enough to figure out).

Now that I've seen the latest episode, I think you are right.  Can't have a doctor who gets sick to their stomach at the sight of internal organs.  Like you said it's hard to figure out because he doesn't know what he wants to do either.  The show hasn't showcased any of his or MiRim's talents either.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TheaN said:

Now that I've seen the latest episode, I think you are right.  Can't have a doctor who gets sick to their stomach at the sight of internal organs.  Like you said it's hard to figure out because he doesn't know what he wants to do either.  The show hasn't showcased any of his or MiRim's talents either.

No doubt that Jun Oh and Mi Rim should be getting more screen time.   Maybe they go should into business together.   Doing what I'm not sure.

I still like your other predictions.   I need to stop writing fanfics just because I get frustrated with K-drama writers.  Even though I should know better.   Well, let's see how YG and DD do end up together.  

• Like 1

Random thoughts.

As others have mentioned, this show features quite a few women who are very proactive about the man they want.

1. DanDan was the one making all the moves in the beginning, back when YG was hesitant due to his older age and being a father of 3. I think DanDan is the one who's going to be more proactive again, now that she's figured out YG was never into Sara. I like that she is the one charting her own destiny, and not just waiting around for Chaebol Prince to make the moves.

2. Se-ryeon can be too much, but I have to agree that her mother's terrible actions shouldn't be held against her. And how cute is she with Dae-beom? Like, they are so ridiculous that I have to love them. They still need to become more mature, but they can do it together.

3. Sara. SHE CRAZAAAY! Like, she was always a bit nutty but now she is full-tilt insane. And YG actually lets her manipulate him! AWWWW, I've been giving him a pass, but now, I'm getting a little mad at him. Dude!

4. ANNA! The CRAZIEST! That was so mind-boggling that I half-expected it to be a dream sequence.

The big question: DID THEY SLEEP TOGETHER?!? I'm going to say no because she just had major surgery and would not be in any condition for that. But they sure made it look like it happened! And nothing makes sense about this storyline, anyway. Didn't he just open a PPL chicken restaurant? How does he even have the time to spend days away from home taking care of Anna?

In sum, it's awesome when a woman wants a man and goes for it! Yes, fight for him! Except when that man is not yours, in which case, back off, crazy lady!

I enjoyed how Jun-oh told off his mom. We do not dislike his mom, as she is one of the more sane moms on this show. But she should not force her child into a career that he really doesn't want. And people in general should not be forced to become doctors! You are taking care of human lives, it's very hard work, so you should *want* to do it.

Also, his name is Bong Jun-oh, which sounds just like Bong Jun-ho, the Oscar-winning director. That's kind of weird.

Show, please don't make Mirim cry. Please don't make anyone yell at her and be mean to her. Honestly, she seems like such a sweet person. I hope she only has happiness from now on.

Only in a K-drama is it "cute" and "lovable" when a young lady gets very drunk alone at night and barely manages to stumble home, when in fact it's inadvisable, dangerous, and time for an intervention. The same for a man, of course.

Secrets to be revealed:

• Jun-oh's mom will eventually find out that the evil gigolo seducing Se-ryeon is in fact her newfound nephew.
  • Se-jong will hopefully never learn that his real father is trash, and his real mother is Sara. That's a lot of baggage for a little kid!
  • DanDan will eventually learn who Anna is and what she did. That's a lot of baggage for anyone!
  • Hopefully someone figures out that Gi-ja is a thief.
  • And that Dae-ran is the "mastermind" who told Sara to deceive YG (over and over and over). 

And how cute are the boys, with their plots to bringing DD+YG together? They are so adorable. (Good job, boys.)

My final thought is when Se-ryeon asked YG (age 22) about marrying Dae-beom, and his simple reply was, "Who cares if he doesn't have money? We do!" Ha ha, very refreshing! If everyone in K-dramas thought this way, that would eliminate about 75% of all conflicts (in weekend drama world, that is.)

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

Random thoughts.

As others have mentioned, this show features quite a few women who are very proactive about the man they want.

1. DanDan was the one making all the moves in the beginning, back when YG was hesitant due to his older age and being a father of 3. I think DanDan is the one who's going to be more proactive again, now that she's figured out YG was never into Sara. I like that she is the one charting her own destiny, and not just waiting around for Chaebol Prince to make the moves.

2. Se-ryeon can be too much, but I have to agree that her mother's terrible actions shouldn't be held against her. And how cute is she with Dae-beom? Like, they are so ridiculous that I have to love them. They still need to become more mature, but they can do it together.

3. Sara. SHE CRAZAAAY! Like, she was always a bit nutty but now she is full-tilt insane. And YG actually lets her manipulate him! AWWWW, I've been giving him a pass, but now, I'm getting a little mad at him. Dude!

4. ANNA! The CRAZIEST! That was so mind-boggling that I half-expected it to be a dream sequence.

The big question: DID THEY SLEEP TOGETHER?!? I'm going to say no because she just had major surgery and would not be in any condition for that. But they sure made it look like it happened! And nothing makes sense about this storyline, anyway. Didn't he just open a PPL chicken restaurant? How does he even have the time to spend days away from home taking care of Anna?

In sum, it's awesome when a woman wants a man and goes for it! Yes, fight for him! Except when that man is not yours, in which case, back off, crazy lady!

I enjoyed how Jun-oh told off his mom. We do not dislike his mom, as she is one of the more sane moms on this show. But she should not force her child into a career that he really doesn't want. And people in general should not be forced to become doctors! You are taking care of human lives, it's very hard work, so you should *want* to do it.

Also, his name is Bong Jun-oh, which sounds just like Bong Jun-ho, the Oscar-winning director. That's kind of weird.

Show, please don't make Mirim cry. Please don't make anyone yell at her and be mean to her. Honestly, she seems like such a sweet person. I hope she only has happiness from now on.

Only in a K-drama is it "cute" and "lovable" when a young lady gets very drunk alone at night and barely manages to stumble home, when in fact it's inadvisable, dangerous, and time for an intervention. The same for a man, of course.

Secrets to be revealed:

• Jun-oh's mom will eventually find out that the evil gigolo seducing Se-ryeon is in fact her newfound nephew.
  • Se-jong will hopefully never learn that his real father is trash, and his real mother is Sara. That's a lot of baggage for a little kid!
  • DanDan will eventually learn who Anna is and what she did. That's a lot of baggage for anyone!
  • Hopefully someone figures out that Gi-ja is a thief.
  • And that Dae-ran is the "mastermind" who told Sara to deceive YG (over and over and over). 

And how cute are the boys, with their plots to bringing DD+YG together? They are so adorable. (Good job, boys.)

My final thought is when Se-ryeon asked YG (age 22) about marrying Dae-beom, and his simple reply was, "Who cares if he doesn't have money? We do!" Ha ha, very refreshing! If everyone in K-dramas thought this way, that would eliminate about 75% of all conflicts (in weekend drama world, that is.)

As to if they slept together I believe they did. Now if they did anything that’s another story. You remember when she woke up she felt his side of the bed he was there or she wouldn’t have felt to see if he was still in the bed. We see he hasn’t been a happy man for years

• Like 3

I’m going to be controversial here but yeah… 

I actually think Mr Park bears more responsibility than Anna here. He is the one that is married. 

Yes, Anna is wrong to want to take him back, especially after hiding who she is. But, she has been testing his boundaries and he hasn’t made one move to stop her. 

so, if they slept together (and I believe they did) who had to say no? 

And tbh, who told me park to cook for her, or be with her all the time? He has done way more than what was expected.

and let’s not kid ourselves, the man is not happy. That still doesn’t excuse cheating, but that marriage was already on the rocks. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

I’m going to be controversial here but yeah… 

I actually think Mr Park bears more responsibility than Anna here. He is the one that is married. 

Yes, Anna is wrong to want to take him back, especially after hiding who she is. But, she has been testing his boundaries and he hasn’t made one move to stop her. 

so, if they slept together (and I believe they did) who had to say no? 

And tbh, who told me park to cook for her, or be with her all the time? He has done way more than what was expected.

and let’s not kid ourselves, the man is not happy. That still doesn’t excuse cheating, but that marriage was already on the rocks. 

Very valid point. He should be drawing clear boundaries. However, AK knows SC's personality all too well and at his age he his very naive. She is taking advantage of his nature which always assumes someone has good intentions and doesn't suspect anyone's ulterior motives. YS also took advantage of that nature when he was abandoned by AK. She immediately latched on to him so she could sit around the house lazily while he worked his fingers to the bone to provide for her and her lazy family.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

YS also took advantage of that nature when he was abandoned by AK. She immediately latched on to him so she could sit around the house lazily while he worked his fingers to the bone to provide for her and her lazy family.

Precisely. I have always felt that the price paid for preventing this man's suicide is too high. He ended up in penury, paying back for the gratitude of YS saving him from death. The fact that the whole family latched unto him for sustenance is sad. The only good out of this relationship is the reconnection with the sister.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

Very valid point. He should be drawing clear boundaries. However, AK knows SC's personality all too well and at his age he his very naive. She is taking advantage of his nature which always assumes someone has good intentions and doesn't suspect anyone's ulterior motives. YS also took advantage of that nature when he was abandoned by AK. She immediately latched on to him so she could sit around the house lazily while he worked his fingers to the bone to provide for her and her lazy family.

Oh I agree he is naive and that both women know it. But I don’t think that would be the reason for him to cheat with her. You don’t sleep with someone bc they asked you to stay with them. Not when you have a wife at home. 
He can’t just put all responsibility on someone else. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

Oh I agree he is naive and that both women know it. But I don’t think that would be the reason for him to cheat with her. You don’t sleep with someone bc they asked you to stay with them. Not when you have a wife at home. 
He can’t just put all responsibility on someone else. 

For the record I am not disagreeing with you or blaming the women. I guess the point I am trying to make is if he wasn't so naive and gullible, things would never have come close to where they are now.

• Like 3

On 12/28/2021 at 5:15 PM, Lfd said:

As to if they slept together I believe they did. Now if they did anything that’s another story. You remember when she woke up she felt his side of the bed he was there or she wouldn’t have felt to see if he was still in the bed. We see he hasn’t been a happy man for years

I hv to agree, that Mr Park has not been happy for many years. He married DB’s mom out of gratitude & desperation. He was never in love with her. Likewise she married him for security and to give her son a father. That’s why he endured all the ill doing her son & family members did to him. I think despite what DD’s mom did, he still loves her, and when she went away she took his away too. Anna Kim somehow gave him the familiar feeling again, probably waken up his romantic side. 
 However that’s not an excuse for him to cheat on her. I somehow hope when Anna kim comes into the picture both Mr Park & his wife realised along the years they have developed feelings for each other, not just responsibility. For whatever it is, I still believe DB’s mom is a better mother to DD than AK has ever been.

• Like 3

Wildcherry, I agree with you.  I also think that DD's Stepmon is a much better person than DD's mom AnnaKim. Actually, I have unfavorable opinions of both DD's bio-parents.  

DanDan’ Dad – In the words of my mother, he is a poor excuse for a man.  He doesn't learn from his mistakes and repeatedly led his family to financial ruin. He allows his daughter to believe the only mother she has known, is an adulterer who broke up her family. He allowed Stepmon to play favorites with DaeBum against his own daughter without intervening. He encouraged all of those lies that were told in the chairman’s household when his daughter and his wife were living there.  He is allowing his long lost sister to believe that DaeBum is his bloodline.  As a married man, his actions towards AK are totally inappropriate. He is a sorry husband and father, he is dishonest and weak, all the while acting as if he has good intentions. Give me a break!

DanDan’s Stepmom – She gets on my nerve and I don’t like her ways, but she is a typical poor person, always looking for ways to get money and get ahead. She is not a schemer like those other ugly women. She is an opportunist who capitalizes on situations.  So much so that she is willing to send her husband to the US with another woman whom she is actually suspicious of.  She sees it as another opportunity to get ahead motivated by her low status and lack of money. Also, although she plays favorites with DaeBum, she still seems to care for DanDan and seems hurt by DanDan's attitude towards her. Stepmom doesn't seem like a bad person, but a silly woman who doesn't think things through.  

DanDan’s Mom – That AnnaKim is contemptible and is actually much worst than the Stepmom.  AK is schemer, who plots and plans ahead just like SeRa and the other ugly schemers. After leaving her husband and child for 20 years, she cavalierly decides, she knows what best for them and plots to take them to the US without any regard to their current family situation?  She decided that before her diagnosis! I thought people become more contrite when faced with the possibility of death.  Not AK!  After her successful surgery, she double-downed on her determination to destroy DanDan's family for her own selfish reasons.  And, AK is doing all of this while hiding her identity from the two people she says she loves!  She is still as selfish as she was when she up and left them 20 years earlier. AnnaKim is a piece of work!

Edited by Banshee Dragon
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Banshee Dragon said:

Wildcherry, I agree with you.  I also think that DD's Stepmon is a much better person than DD's mom AnnaKim. Actually, I have unfavorable opinions of both DD's bio-parents.  

DanDan’ Dad – In the words of my mother, he is a poor excuse for a man.  He doesn't learn from his mistakes and repeatedly led his family to financial ruin. He allows his daughter to believe the only mother she has known, is an adulterer who broke up her family. He allowed Stepmon to play favorites with DaeBum against his own daughter without intervening. He encouraged all of those lies that were told in the chairman’s household when his daughter and his wife were living there.  He is allowing his long lost sister to believe that DaeBum is his bloodline.  As a married man, his actions towards AK are totally inappropriate. He is a sorry husband and father, he is dishonest and weak, all the while acting as if he has good intentions. Give me a break!

DanDan’s Stepmom – She gets on my nerve and I don’t like her ways, but she is a typical poor person, always looking for ways to get money and get ahead. She is not a schemer like those other ugly women. She is an opportunist who capitalizes on situations.  So much so that she is willing to send her husband to the US with another woman whom she is actually suspicious of.  She sees it as another opportunity to get ahead motivated by her low status and lack of money. Also, although she plays favorites with DaeBum, she still seems to care for DanDan and seems hurt by DanDan's attitude towards her. Stepmom doesn't seem like a bad person, but a silly woman who doesn't think things through.  

DanDan’s Mom – That AnnaKim is contemptible and is actually much worst than the Stepmom.  AK is schemer, who plots and plans ahead just like SeRa and the other ugly schemers. After leaving her husband and child for 20 years, she cavalierly decides, she knows what best for them and plots to take them to the US without any regard to their current family situation?  She decided that before her diagnosis! I thought people become more contrite when faced with the possibility of death.  Not AK!  After her successful surgery, she double-downed on her determination to destroy DanDan's family for her own selfish reasons.  And, AK is doing all of this while hiding her identity from the two people she says she loves!  She is still as selfish as she was when she up and left them 20 years earlier. AnnaKim is a piece of work!

The first thing stepmom need to do is get out and get a job if she wants better and not take from a those that have got out and worked. Taking from others to make your life better and especially from your children is just low to me.  

• Like 3

Ji Hyun Woo for the WIN!!!!!  

Love this guy.  I've been a fan for many years.  I've been to his fan meetings and he is so sweet and accommodating.  He deserves the top award, despite what we all have to say about the plot :lol:.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, heistheway said:

Hi everyone.   Check out the winners of the 2021 KBS drama awards.    Specifically, check out how our favorite drama did.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1506477wpp/winners-of-the-2021-kbs-drama-awards

Now that they won the Best couple Awar d, I hope the writer gives us scenes with them finally together!!! 

And well deserved, all of those awards. It seems, even when we rage against the writer, ppl are still very much loving and watching this drama.

• Like 4

On 12/30/2021 at 2:17 PM, wildcherry said:

I hv to agree, that Mr Park has not been happy for many years. He married DB’s mom out of gratitude & desperation. He was never in love with her. Likewise she married him for security and to give her son a father. That’s why he endured all the ill doing her son & family members did to him. I think despite what DD’s mom did, he still loves her, and when she went away she took his away too. Anna Kim somehow gave him the familiar feeling again, probably waken up his romantic side. 
 However that’s not an excuse for him to cheat on her. I somehow hope when Anna kim comes into the picture both Mr Park & his wife realised along the years they have developed feelings for each other, not just responsibility. For whatever it is, I still believe DB’s mom is a better mother to DD than AK has ever been.

This is NOT it. No matter what Soo chul still cheated so even after cheating you still want Soo chul to stay with DB’s Mum? If he loved DB’s mum he’d never cheat in the first place. I’m puzzled how some of you still want DB’s mum to stay with a cheating man. No one deserves to get cheated on. And I’m not going blame Anna kim either here. All fault likes with Mr park. He couldn’t say No. They both deserve each other Mr park and Anna. They cheated. DB’s mum should stay single instead of staying with a cheater.

i don’t agree with what you have said. You’re essentially saying that Mr park needed to cheat in order for him to realise DB’s mum was the one? No no no thats not how it works. He had 27 years!! 27 years to realise that. A cheater can leave. Idk why some of you are still want DB’s mum to stay with Mr park even after he cheated. He should just stay with Anna.
Both cheaters. Ugh.

Edited by Rimmy
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, TheaN said:

Ji Hyun Woo for the WIN!!!!!  

Love this guy.  I've been a fan for many years.  I've been to his fan meetings and he is so sweet and accommodating.  He deserves the top award, despite what we all have to say about the plot :lol:.

Me too.  Love him and so glad he won an award.

I won't believe it until it's 101% certain that Mr Park cheated on his wife.  He's not that kind of man.  And if Anna reminds him of his ex-wife, he will run for the hills, not run to her.  Someone commented about the relationship between Mr Park and DB.  Mr Park considers DB his REAL son, not his step-son.

I know YG and DD will end up together but I have stopped shipping this couple.  Not because of YG.  I stopped from the moment DD just simply believed that YG two-timed her with batshit crazy SR.  

Anyway if the story line doesn't improve, I am not going to keep watching this drama.  YG's head injuries is representative of the crazy writing here!

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, S00mp1an said:

Me too.  Love him and so glad he won an award.

I won't believe it until it's 101% certain that Mr Park cheated on his wife.  He's not that kind of man.  And if Anna reminds him of his ex-wife, he will run for the hills, not run to her.  Someone commented about the relationship between Mr Park and DB.  Mr Park considers DB his REAL son, not his step-son.

I know YG and DD will end up together but I have stopped shipping this couple.  Not because of YG.  I stopped from the moment DD just simply believed that YG two-timed her with batshit crazy SR.  

Anyway if the story line doesn't improve, I am not going to keep watching this drama.  YG's head injuries is representative of the crazy writing here!

On todays episode mr park admitted stayed with Anna kim. He got so scared that Anna won’t eat and get sick again he said he will go to America with her. So I don’t know what more confirmation some of you need. Don’t be in denial. He’s not innocent

• Like 3