[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

4 hours ago, Lfd said:

She should have slapped him hard enough to bring back his memories. He’s my man but right now my man isn’t pleasing to watch. Even a ring oh my where is that hanky

My thought, exactly.  I was hoping that his head would hit the tree, or that she would slap him hard enough for him to go hit the tree :) ...

And, yeah, where the hell is that handkerchief?  I am still thinking that it floated and fell on the horn of one of the cows of that grandma.  The grandma that YG went to after falling from the cliff.   She may have it.   Maybe YG will take DD and the kids on a mountain trip and visit the grandma.  Then either YG will see it, or DD will see it and bring it to him. 

gael garcia bernal do not want GIF by Mozart In The Jungle

That is YG on seeing the hanky.  Viola, all memories come back!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

After seeing EP 20, I'm thinking the Chairman will dump Sarah and she will use her evil card. She will tell YK that they had an affair while he was married that produced Se Jong in the hopes that YK will still marry her on Christmas Eve.  YK was freaking out already that he thinks he had an affair on Sarah, his fiancee.  Imagine how badly he will feel if he thinks he did that to his legally married wife?  That is such a dark plot though.  Too dark for this goofy light-hearted Sunday drama.  I don't know how the writers will handle that.  There will be so much sadness from YK, DD and the kids, coming from that until it's all sorted. I'm not looking forward to watching that. Sigh.  

And yes, the amnesia plot be gone, NOW!

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, seungshin said:

After seeing EP 20, I'm thinking the Chairman will dump Sarah and she will use her evil card. She will tell YK that they had an affair while he was married that produced Se Jong in the hopes that YK will still marry her on Christmas Eve.  YK was freaking out already that he thinks he had an affair on Sarah, his fiancee.  Imagine how badly he will feel if he thinks he did that to his legally married wife?  That is such a dark plot though.  Too dark for this goofy light-hearted Sunday drama.  I don't know how the writers will handle that.  There will be so much sadness from YK, DD and the kids, coming from that until it's all sorted. I'm not looking forward to watching that. Sigh.  

And yes, the amnesia plot be gone, NOW!

Paternity test would quickly take care of that.  It would show that he is NOT the father and Sara IS the mother.  So she had an affair with a DIFFERENT guy!!!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TheaN said:

Paternity test would quickly take care of that.  It would show that he is NOT the father and Sara IS the mother.  So she had an affair with a DIFFERENT guy!!!

And then they will bring back the dad 

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I think the bicycle will play a good role in YG's regaining his memory.

And hanky

8 hours ago, TheaN said:

... and with NO hesitation whatsoever.  Completely the opposite when he is close to Sara.

Will he be able to remember how he acted with Sara once his memories comes back just wondering 

• Like 1

Where to begin?   It was really striking to see how much YK really did not want to be with SR.   His refusal to kiss her at least twice is certainly no accident.    His subconscious mind is definitely alive and kicking!   And the fact that he can better relate to DD now partially explains why he was able to kiss her instead.  

What to do with SR/DR/KJ?    I did mention prison being in their futures.   Perhaps they should instead go on a spaceship, go to another planet, and don't come back.   That might actually be better for YK/DD and the whole universe! 

I also have mixed feelings about Anna Kim's presence in DD and Soo Cheol's lives.   I can understand her feeling guilt about the way she left them both all those years ago and her wanting to make things right.   Still, I'm not sure that her presence will in fact make things better for them in the long run.   Certainly not in the short term.

Good for Se Ryeon and Dae Bum getting back together.   As long as they don't do anything really stupid, I can support them.

I'm still convinced that YK's will fully return soon.   How he handles DD's old friend being in the picture should actually be funny.   We'll see how it all plays out.

It was another good weekend.   Can't wait for Saturday already!

• Like 4

All the things that are triggering his memory are the happy times with DD.  All of them will likely play a part in recovering those memories one-by-one.

Strawberry Latte

bicycle ride

Wack-a-Mole

Amusement park

Carrying DD on his back looking at the stars

Oppah :P

so many moments, and of course the handkerchief.   We must all have some theories how that little piece of cloth will reappear.  Please share if you do.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, TheaN said:

All the things that are triggering his memory are the happy times with DD.  All of them will likely play a part in recovering those memories one-be-one.

Strawberry Latte

bicycle ride

Wack-a-Mole

Amusement park

Oppah :P

so many moments, and of course the hankerchief.   We must all have some theories how that little piece of cloth will reappear.  Please share if you do.

I hope it has a rock in it and hits him over the head lol no not really he’s my man. The other guy is gonna bring sadness to him and I don’t want to see him sad I hope they keep it funny with just a little sadness. 

• Like 1

What about a "back to the future" moment involving YK somehow feeling a desire to ride his bike.   While he's out riding, who does he run into except DD and Se Jong playing in that outdoor mini arcade.   Somehow, it turns into YK and DD (and maybe Se Jong also) playing Whack-a-Mole.   As he's playing, it triggers two memories for each time that he played Whack-a-Mole with DD and he's ever closer to regaining his memory.

As far as the hanky, here's my new theory (which means I really need more sleep).   I'm not sure how this happens but somehow SR, of all people, gets a hold of the hanky.   At first, she's inclined to dispose of it b/c she knows that DD gave it to YK as a gift.   However, her evil mind thinks "No wait.   Since YK doesn't remember anything, what if I give this to him as a gift?"   Then, once she presents it to him, BOOM!   Memory fully restored and game over!  

Do I need more sleep or what? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TheaN said:

All the things that are triggering his memory are the happy times with DD.  All of them will likely play a part in recovering those memories one-be-one.

Strawberry Latte

bicycle ride

Wack-a-Mole

Amusement park

Oppah 

so many moments, and of course the hankerchief.   We must all have some theories how that little piece of cloth will reappear.  Please share if you do.

Yes sending more time with her will so help, she is the one triggering his memory.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, heistheway said:

What about a "back to the future" moment involving YK somehow feeling a desire to ride his bike.   While he's out riding, who does he run into except DD and Se Jong playing in that outdoor mini arcade.   Somehow, it turns into YK and DD (and maybe Se Jong also) playing Whack-a-Mole.   As he's playing, it triggers two memories for each time that he played Whack-a-Mole with DD and he's ever closer to regaining his memory.

As far as the hanky, here's my new theory (which means I really need more sleep).   I'm not sure how this happens but somehow SR, of all people, gets a hold of the hanky.   At first, she's inclined to dispose of it b/c she knows that DD gave it to YK as a gift.   However, her evil mind thinks "No wait.   Since YK doesn't remember anything, what if I give this to him as a gift?"   Then, once she presents it to him, BOOM!   Memory fully restored and game over!  

Do I need more sleep or what? 

Clever plot!

• Like 1

Ep. 21 preview translated:

https://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/youngladygentleman/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2021-0241-01-803969,list,none,1,0

21회 미리보기 
영국은 자신도 모르게 단단에게 입을 맞춘 뒤 혼란에 빠지고 단단도 영국의 입맞춤이 어이가 없으면서도 신경 쓰인다. 한편 대란은 사라와 기자의 성화에 못 이겨 영국에게 사라와의 약혼을 제안하고 영국은 고민에 빠지는데...

Yeong-Guk becomes confused after kissing Dan-Dan without thinking, and Dan-Dan becomes dismayed and concerned by the kiss.

Dae-Ran is persuaded by Gi-Ja and Sara's tantrums and suggests to Yeong-Guk to become engaged to Sara. So Yeong-Guk faces a dilemma...

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Well, this is my first time posting here. I started watching this drama like a week ago and I've been hooked. lol

Yes, some people might have some reservations when it comes to weekend dramas, but I usually love to watch them. Maybe because I grew up watching telenovelas. I love the cliches, the absurd side characters and the fact that there are more than 2 couples. 

So far, this drama has offered all of that. And after trying to watch Revolutionary Sisters, I am very happy this is easy, fun and fast paced. Even if there are many more annoying ajummas than I like :D

I must say, I wasn't very thrilled with that amnesia plot, but I think YG will have the chance to fall for DD (despite SR's best efforts) without having to worry about the age difference, their status, the kids. Plus, we'll get to see an immature 22 yr old, who hasn't accepted that he likes DD get all bothered by the new guy. (I think it is going to be that guy she was talking about while eating with her parents).

The only downside is that apparently DR and SR are going to drag YG to an engagement party/event. It seems so, at least form some leaked pics.

Now, at the beginning I was all for having SR and Gun together. Right now, I can't see it. Uncle Gun, despite not being the best businessman is a good person and SaRa...not so much. I can't stand her mistreating the children and teaching SJ to be selfish and entitled. How delusional is she?!

I'm hoping YG is going to be so mad, he's going to make it difficult for her after he regains his memories. 

The other ladies, DR, and SR's mom...well, I see them pulling each other's hair when their plan goes "boom".

Dan Dan's stepmom is also someone I don't seem to like. At first I thought maybe DD was being to harsh, but right now, I can't even blame her. Yes, it's true that DD should have been told what happened with her mom, and that the stepmom helped Mr. Park back then. But... so far, the woman is creating one mess after another, not learning, does not accept criticism, coddles her son, does not listen when her husband tells her not to receive money from his sister and is only interested in "having it easy". Instead of being so focused on making money, she should be paying attention to her husband.

I mean, AK pretty much said last time, she wants her family back. And so far, we have seen her as intelligent, ambitious and having a "going for it" attitude. It's probably going to be bad, because she should have told them from the start who she was, but looking at Mr. Park's smiles...well, he is at least curious. 

I don't know how it's going to end between them, but it's one thing I'm interested about. It seems to me, Mr. Park is pretty wasy going but has reserved his anger for his ex. 

Oh, and before I stop my rant lol, I wanted to ask, int the last ep. when AK is changing her hairstyle, in the subbed version I saw (cause I can't understand that much yet) she daid "she wanted to be by her husband and her daughters side". So, I'm confused...they never married, right? 

Anyways, thanks for reading my rant ;) 

• Like 1