[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

2 hours ago, classyviews said:

Oh the dreaded amnesia.. Okay officially taking a break now.. Ill see you guys after a month.

Hope it won't be that long, but realistically it could be longer, as they wrote it even in the drama synopsis.  It could be 2 months!   I swear, why do they do this to us??

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 2

Prediction time! Mine is that the amnesia will be resolved within 6 episodes, so three weeks. I base this on that the plot has moved pretty fast for the main couple, of course that could mean it's about to take a nosedive in progression but I'll be optimistic :)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, knkg said:

Prediction time! Mine is that the amnesia will be resolved within 6 episodes, so three weeks. I base this on that the plot has moved pretty fast for the main couple, of course that could mean it's about to take a nosedive in progression but I'll be optimistic :)

I like your thinking.  I also believe the pace has been moving well for a weekend drama.  Things seem to resolve pretty quickly.  Of course they could take the route of the amnesia taking a while, but the ML falling in love naturally with Dan2 again.  (Just like he did in Lovers of Music/Trot Lovers)

• Like 8

Dan2 - :lol: I love that.

There is a very old-fashiony vibe going on with this show. There's the very old-fashiony title, the typical "Candy" structure, the love triangles, all the family members linked together, the hair-pulling screechy fighting, the weekend-drama-music heavy on the strings ... and it's fun. Sometimes the only time you remember that this is taking place in 2021 are the Samsung smartphones.

Having said that, I find Dan2's attitude really refreshing. She boldly says she likes him, she boldly says he should get over his hesitations, she is making all the moves! He barely does or says anything. When he speaks about his reservations (after talking to Anna), she is the one who says "I will wait for you." But not after she uses her sly fox moves to say, "Oh, am I not good enough for you?" making it impossible for him to continue with his original plan to put on the brakes.

I mean, she is a player. Like, she's playing 3D chess.

I always love it when the woman calls the shots in the relationship, and I love that she is the one who is the one in control here, even though he is the rich chaebol. But let's also be very clear - she knows exactly what she is doing. She wants it, she's gotta have it. And that's very modern and awesome! This isn't really a Candy story after all, in which the poor girl waits until the rich guy makes all the moves. She is New Candy.

When the Dae-Bum-Sae-Ryeon couple are weeping in the phone - why is that so funny? Why is everything on this show so funny and ridiculous? Am I evil that I LOL when people are crying?

Like, Dan2's stepmom and her entire family - they're so shallow and dumb. But it's just funny!

Like when Sara is about to commit suicide... I'm just zoning out, thinking, "Eh, she'll be fine."

Anyway, yeah, it's Brain Candy for the weekend. I used to be a snob about weekend dramas - that I was too intellectual to enjoy it or something. But I'm getting it now. It's obvious everyone's going to end up a happy family and it's a fun, ridiculous (and loud) journey getting there.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Here comes the amnisia part. I hope it doesn't last long.

Aww Sara and Gun are so cute:)(So Happy the actors got paired again finally)

KBS 2TV’s “Young Lady and Gentleman” has set a new personal ratings record!

On November 14, the popular drama achieved the highest ratings of its run to date and remained the most-watched program of the entire weekend. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Young Lady and Gentleman” scored an average nationwide rating of 32.4 percent, marking a new all-time high for the series.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/young-lady-and-gentleman-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet-chimera-and-inspector-koo-see-rise/#ixzz7CFYROBHd

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

At this point, the only thing I cannot live with is the shouting. I've never lowered the volume in all my drama watching years until this one came along!! This weekend was especially brutal, Gun shouting at SaRa, mummy mistress shouting and fighting at DanDan's home.... Why are they screaming??!! Goodness!!:joy:

Despite the extremely loud screaming, I'm enjoying the show but most invested in the love lines of DanDan and CEO, and  SeRyreon and DaeBeom. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

I hope Gun will have a good influence on SaRa and she will not go to any silly plans to mess with Dan2 during the amnesia period.  Hopefully Gun will reduce her urge to try and lie to the chairman that she was dating him and that DanDan wasn't.  I am okay if she tries to meddle a bit; after all, she has a reason that her son is there.  As long as she gives up on the chairman, I am fine.

The amnesia period may not be too bad if the chairman properly falls in love with Dan2 in a natural way.  Wonder how it would be if he even starts acting like a 20 year old in dealing with Dan2... Would they try that?  If he remembers nothing past age 20 and doesn't even know that the kids are his, he may feel less guilty in pursuing a romance.  Maybe they could have Dan2 as a tutor/mentor for him too, on life matters :)

But who will run the company now?  I think that will become a mess.  What if the screaming madam tries to get the half-sister married off quickly, so she can get the company shares and take over as chairman because our man is having amnesia?  The daughter can get some leverage and say that she will only marry the kabab-seller.  Would be fun if the screaming madam goes and begs the kabab-seller's mom to let him marry her daughter, haha!

• Like 5

10 hours ago, knkg said:

My prediction for resolution of the amnesia arc is the same given the pace of the drama so far. It will happen before Sa Ra gets too comfortable sorting out Young Guk's underwear.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Woah, Gentleman and a Lady hit over 32% for Ep 16!

I know many (including me) here aren't too keen on the screaming antics of the Madam but she (or her acting) must be popular with the viewers in Korea.  Why else would they give her so much air time, and most of it of her screaming her head off for one reason or another.  Geesh. 

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/11/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-nov-8-14-2021/

• Like 4

I hope with all my heart the amnesia doesnt take more than 3 weeks. 

BECAUSE THE major conflict is their relationship anyway..

Like not only do they have to manage the family, they will also have to manage the society since he is a CEO of a large company. 

The stakes are huge I tell you and the drama can take its time to focus on that rather than drag this amnesia plot. 

I hope this new turn will only help cement his feeling for  her so that we dont get that typical noble idiot break-up

Its my second peeve . 

I still stand by saying Sara can BURN. 

She better not hurt Gun

• Like 5