[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

16 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I already watched Problem Child in House last Sunday on TV. ML is a very good singer :)

He was first a backup singer, then, around the time of his debut as an actor, he also debuted as a member of the band The Nuts (I think the band came first). He still sings in a band with his brother. I remember him promoting their latest single in Men on a Mission.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

On 11/9/2021 at 12:12 PM, Lfd said:

Could turn out that Sara  may not even be the bio mom we just learn to fast on that plot

I don’t know. I thought they made it pretty clear she was pregnant and gave birth to Se Jong.  She’s been saying so and told her mother even.  But would she lie to get the chairman?

Well, I thought of another crazy plot line while thinking about Sa Ra. I’ve been one who’s been thinking that she wouldn’t want the world to know her secret - giving birth to Se Jong and getting him adopted to the Lee household. 

But what if she acts totally opposite? What if she tells DD that she’s Se Jong’s mom and that’s why she needs to marry the Chairman?  What if she tells the Chairman that’s she’s Se Jong’s mother and she should be the mother of his three children?  It sounds crazy to us but what would she have to lose? She hasn’t been able to seduce the chairman. And I’m sure the amnesia plot won’t work in her favour either. If she doesn’t want to lose him to DD and willing to do anything to stop DD,  could she become desperate enough to do something that crazy?  What do you guys think?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, seungshin said:

Well, I thought of another crazy plot line while thinking about Sa Ra.  If she doesn’t want to lose him to DD and willing to do anything to stop DD,  could she become desperate enough to do something that crazy?  What do you guys think?

She can try it on but I don't think Young Guk would marry Sa Ra just because she's the biological mum of Se Jong. But I do think during the amnesia arc, Sa Ra will use this fact as evidence she and Young Guk have been in a relationship.

Agree with you that Sa Ra is most definitely mum of Se Jong.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, seungshin said:

This is a fun show the main leads of Gentleman and a Lady appeared in, translated in English.  

Boy, the DD character actress is a chatter box.  lol

I watched that previously and was disappointed there was clearly little attraction and closeness between them despite them both being single. The Dan Dan actress even still referred to him at times as President showing there's still a professional distance there. But I could see why she was chosen out of 500 or so applicants for the role, she has a very vibrant and sunny personality. I thought the Young Guk actor was very gracious when the attention was focussed on the Dan Dan actress.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, seungshin said:

I don’t know. I thought they made it pretty clear she was pregnant and gave birth to Se Jong.  She’s been saying so and told her mother even.  But would she lie to get the chairman?

Well, I thought of another crazy plot line while thinking about Sa Ra. I’ve been one who’s been thinking that she wouldn’t want the world to know her secret - giving birth to Se Jong and getting him adopted to the Lee household. 

But what if she acts totally opposite? What if she tells DD that she’s Se Jong’s mom and that’s why she needs to marry the Chairman?  What if she tells the Chairman that’s she’s Se Jong’s mother and she should be the mother of his three children?  It sounds crazy to us but what would she have to lose? She hasn’t been able to seduce the chairman. And I’m sure the amnesia plot won’t work in her favour either. If she doesn’t want to lose him to DD and willing to do anything to stop DD,  could she become desperate enough to do something that crazy?  What do you guys think?

As close as he and his wife were that they showed us I can’t believe she never told him who the mother was especially knowing that she was dying. 

• Like 3

Tbh, in the past I used to get so angry because of the "villains" or even mere useless provocative characters. Now I know better, these nagging characters are part of dailies and long weekend family drama lol. Sometimes they are so exaggerated that I no longer take them seriously. That's better in order to be able to continue watching. Fortunately here most of the characters are nagging. But the character I find the most hindering is Sa Ra, although she always fails in achieving her plans. As for DD's stepmom's family, I find them harmless and even funny. I don't like Mr Park's sister either, I hope she starts treating DD differently because she dotes more on DB. When she met DD she was really cold. 

• Like 4

On 11/11/2021 at 1:17 AM, Noodle Lover said:

I watched that previously and was disappointed there was clearly little attraction and closeness between them despite them both being single. The Dan Dan actress even still referred to him at times as President showing there's still a professional distance there. But I could see why she was chosen out of 500 or so applicants for the role, she has a very vibrant and sunny personality. I thought the Young Guk actor was very gracious when the attention was focussed on the Dan Dan actress.

But once u get a habit of calling somebody something it sticks with you and what is gonna be cute is when they want each other to call each other different 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 1:22 AM, Lfd said:

As close as he and his wife were that they showed us I can’t believe she never told him who the mother was especially knowing that she was dying. 

I don't think the wife knew that Sa Ra was baby Se Jong's mother.  Sa Ra would have just played on the empathy for the baby without letting her know that she's the mother of the child.  

On 11/10/2021 at 11:17 PM, Noodle Lover said:

I noticed that too.  I don't think JJH and LSH are close in real life.  There were awkward moments.  It's obvious she really looks up to him and he just thinks of her as a co-worker he is responsible to/for.

Every time I see JJH, I remember him falling deeply, head over heels in love with his co-star in Queen In Hyun's Man, to be dropped by her and heart broken just before he enlisted for the military.  I could almost see his heart bleeding.  

In Lady and a Gentleman, JJH and LSH are somewhat like their characters.  Like DD, LSH can't believe her unbelievably good fortune of being chosen for the coveted leading lady spot in a KBS weekend drama spot. It's the gateway to fame and fortunate for most of them.  She's a chatter box and sounds as young as her character even though she's only six years younger than JJH in real life.  She talks non stop and almost has no filters in what comes out of her mouth.  She pours out all her feelings and opinions about everything. 

JJH seemed more reserved and from what he said in answering questions, he's really feeling the responsibility for the show as a senior and male lead.  He mentioned that he's been calling his seniors (seonbaenim) to learn how to handle that position.  He sounds a real keener too, constantly pestering co-workers including the children to practice the lines.   DD feels the pressure for the show in that she says everyone else is established and perfect in their roles, it's up to her to pull of her DD role.  But he's feeling different pressures.  Sounds like it's pretty much work, work, work for both of them.  That doesn't sound too romantic but I like it.  They want the show to succeed being the professionals that they are.  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, seungshin said:

Every time I see JJH, I remember him falling deeply, head over heels in love with his co-star in Queen In Hyun's Man, to be dropped by her and heart broken just before he enlisted for the military.  I could almost see his heart bleeding.  

I Googled JJH and his co-star in Queen in Hyun's Man after your comment as I was not familiar with JJH or his relationship with her. I agree with you JJH exhibits a lot of the qualities of the drama Young Guk, he's quieter, calm and mature. I can see how he would have fallen in love hard and sincerely at that, such that he's still single as a result of the break up with his co-star although I am not saying he's been abstinent. His co-star from Queen in Hyun looks very different from the Dan Dan actress so I think at the very least, she's not physically his type.

You were right about Young Guk's wife not knowing about Se Jong's parentage.

• Like 4