[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

CONTEST: Movember Oppa event - win prizes!

Chingus, now is your chance to win prizes as we are launching our Movember oppa event. Let your creative juices flow as you transform your oppa into a mustache oppa or a beard oppa. Let other forum members admire your oppa with facial hair. :wub: 

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

On 11/6/2021 at 9:09 AM, RobinM said:

Yeah but breaking down in private  because your man cheated or dad died is far different than instantly tearing up and not defending yourself because some old biddy starts yelling at you. Most k drama girls now days have at least a little more back bone than that. 

True, I think DD will get there. She will be angry with CEO Anna, when she finds out she abandoned her and her father.  That will be a huge blow that will make her think that her world is not exactly the way she thought.  She will have to fight with Sa Ra to keep Se Jong and the Chairman, thought she might get sympathetic for Sa Ra when she decides to forgive CEO Anna.  The two women made similar choices. 

The writers has her being soft as marshmallow now but she her fangs will have to come out when she fights for what she wants to protect.  Until then she will need to go through a lot of growing pains and probably tearing up and crying all the way.  

Remember what one of the things Chairman likes about DD is that she's "nice."  She will learn to be tough as well as nice, I'm thinking.  

18 hours ago, TheaN said:

:onfirex:

Yes, yes, and oh yeah!

Yes, the Madam is right up there with Sa Ra and Mrs. Yeoju.  A woman she knows, not a family member. LOL

• Like 4

1 hour ago, seungshin said:

True, I think DD will get there. She will be angry with CEO Anna, when she finds out she abandoned her and her father.  That will be a huge blow that will make her think that her world is not exactly the way she thought.  She will have to fight with Sa Ra to keep Se Jong and the Chairman, thought she might get sympathetic for Sa Ra when she decides to forgive CEO Anna.  The two women made similar choices. 

I do agreed with you on this point where DD would be very hurt to know her biological mother is not dead but abandoned her and her father for greener pasture. 

I just finished Ep 13 & 14.. Se Jong is so cute during the game scene with DD :love:

• Like 5

On 11/7/2021 at 9:37 PM, classyviews said:

Okay I take back my words of waiting till ep 20. 

I waited till ep 14 and I just couldnt anymore :cries3:

Gosh this plot development the speed of light is insane. This DOESNT feel like a weekend drama

1. The ML is such a gentleman with actual conflicts

2. FL is BOLD along with other typical character traits

3. Conflicts resolve so quickly.

I like this pace because I am not sure whats going to happen next week. 

Side note:

I think the Dan2 family mellowed a bit, there is no selfish laced craziness from the stepmom. Guess having your mom beat the crap out of you is enough.

I am liking Daebum's arc. He is in his own way resolved to win back See Ryon 

And she on the other hand is such a pitiful person but she really needs to wake up and do something. 

I want to see her mom get her comeuppance not just for Dan2's sake for Saeryeon's as well.

Sa ra can just go BURN

P.S : The comments I am reading from streaming sites saying that Dan2 was pushy, well yes she was, but remember he barely needed an hour to decide to go and tie the handkerchief. He went back to remove it LATER. I mean the man pretty much made his mind on his own and he needs a push for the roller coaster ride he just pulled

She had to let him know by pushing because in his mind he thinks he’s to old for her and has children he needed the pushing 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

I watched episode 14 again because I was bored but I kind of got a chuckle in the final scene where WDR attacks Dan2. Yeoju-tae steps in between and WDR kept yelling "Move out of my way." The Korean word for move out of my way is Pee-kya. The way she was saying it made her sound like a clucking chicken. lol

Also, throwing this out there for thought...

We know Se-Jong is Se-Ra's biological child and he was adopted. I remember Yeoju-tae telling Dan2 that YG's deceased wife insisted on adopting him. Is it possible that YG knows who Se-Jong's biological mother is and that is at least one reason why YG never considered Se Ra as a romantic prospect?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, rolisrntex said:

We know Se-Jong is Se-Ra's biological child and he was adopted. I remember Yeoju-tae telling Dan2 that YG's deceased wife insisted on adopting him. Is it possible that YG knows who Se-Jong's biological mother is and that is at least one reason why YG never considered Se Ra as a romantic prospect?

I think YK is just not attracted to Sa Ra. Her being Se Jong's mum wouldn't deter YK if he was attracted to her, in fact, it would be the most convenient coupling.

I actually don't think YK 's deceased wife informed him Se Jong is Sa Ra's child. If he knew, I don't think he'd be treating Sa Ra strictly as an employee like he does or hire her in the first place. I think it was something cooked up by YK's deceased wife and Sa Ra. In one episode, they were referred to as being very close.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

I watched episode 14 again because I was bored but I kind of got a chuckle in the final scene where WDR attacks Dan2. Yeoju-tae steps in between and WDR kept yelling "Move out of my way." The Korean word for move out of my way is Pee-kya. The way she was saying it made her sound like a clucking chicken. lol

I don't think so.  I don't think Young Gook knows and it will come as a complete shock to him when he learns of it.  Sa Ra will have her come-uppance then.  I remember Sa Ra mentioning how close she was to YG's ex (don't know how), calling her Young-Ae unni.  I'm guessing Sa Ra was stuck with the baby and made up stories to somehow convince the lady to adopt the baby out of pity.  (Koreans normally don't have three kids now, or adopt, no matter how common it is in Kdramas.  And they already had a boy and a girl). 

And then Sa Ra  worked her way into the house to be close to her son and to eventually hoping to marry the Chairman. The writers certainly use this story line to give Sa Ra some kind of justification for her mean spirited pursuit against DD.

I find also interesting the writers' juxtaposition of two mothers, Sa Ra and Anna Kim, who abandoned their babies for pretty much same reasons but under very different circumstances.  Anna became a success and she's now doing everything she can to make up to DD.  Sa Ra is basically trying to erase/undo her past by making it whole what was broken, in a bit of delusional way.  

It's this contrast DD will be faced with when she finds out what Anna and Sa Ra did to their children as mothers.  She will need to forgive and accept her mother in order to forgive and accept Sa Ra.  Put another way I think she will find peace in her relationship with the Chairman and Se Jong by accepting and forgiving Sa Ra as the bio mother of her beloved Se Jong, just as she will have to accept and forgive her, own mother who abandoned her. 

If nothing else for the sake her new life with with the Chairman, DD will need to show Se Jong that he has to and can accept and forgive Sa Ra as his own bio mother and what she tried to do to his new "adopted" family.  If DD's uncle ends up with Sa Ra, it will make it easier for Se Jong to be in the lives of both couples, DD & Chairman and Sa Ra and Geon. I find this narrative of the drama in the way the writers' will the dilemma of these two mothers endlessly fascinating.  

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, seungshin said:

I don't think so.  I don't think Young Gook knows and it will come as a complete shock to him when he learns of it.  Sa Ra will have her come-uppance then.  I remember Sa Ra mentioning how close she was to YG's ex (don't know how), calling her Young-Ae unni.  I'm guessing Sa Ra was stuck with the baby and made up stories to somehow convince the lady to adopt the baby out of pity.  (Koreans normally don't have three kids now, or adopt, no matter how common it is in Kdramas.  And they already had a boy and a girl). 

And then Sa Ra  worked her way into the house to be close to her son and to eventually hoping to marry the Chairman. The writers certainly use this story line to give Sa Ra some kind of justification for her mean spirited pursuit against DD.

I find also interesting the writers' juxtaposition of two mothers, Sa Ra and Anna Kim, who abandoned their babies for pretty much same reasons but under very different circumstances.  Anna became a success and she's now doing everything she can to make up to DD.  Sa Ra is basically trying to erase/undo her past by making it whole what was broken, in a bit of delusional way.  

It's this contrast DD will be faced with when she finds out what Anna and Sa Ra did to their children as mothers.  She will need to forgive and accept her mother in order to forgive and accept Sa Ra.  Put another way I think she will find peace in her relationship with the Chairman and Se Jong by accepting and forgiving Sa Ra as the bio mother of her beloved Se Jong, just as she will have to accept and forgive her, own mother who abandoned her. 

If nothing else for the sake her new life with with the Chairman, DD will need to show Se Jong that he has to and can accept and forgive Sa Ra as his own bio mother and what she tried to do to his new "adopted" family.  If DD's uncle ends up with Sa Ra, it will make it easier for Se Jong to be in the lives of both couples, DD & Chairman and Sa Ra and Geon. I find this narrative of the drama in the way the writers' will the dilemma of these two mothers endlessly fascinating.  

Could turn out that Sara  may not even be the bio mom we just learn to fast on that plot

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 4:37 AM, classyviews said:

P.S : The comments I am reading from streaming sites saying that Dan2 was pushy, well yes she was, but remember he barely needed an hour to decide to go and tie the handkerchief. He went back to remove it LATER. I mean the man pretty much made his mind on his own and he needs a push for the roller coaster ride he just pulled

Me neither, I don't think she was pushing, he was indeed acting strange. If he had clearly said 'No! I don't like you' the 1st time she asked about his feelings, I think she would have let it go. After all, he's very good at drawing lines, Cho siljang can attest to that lol. His lack of response (and even running away, of all things lol) got her frustrated. At one point, she was just seeking an answer, whether Yes or No.

• Like 4

There was a scene in Episode 14, Young Guk was in his car, he imagined her leaving if he rejected her so he turned his car around to go tie a hanky to the tree. Whilst he likes her,  I think a large part of his decision at this early stage, is panic at the thought of her leaving him and more to the point, his children.

I'd like to think Dan Dan would have been composed and mature enough  to remain working for Young Guk, since her feelings were still in their infancy  and she was prepared to be rejected. What do others think? If she was rejected, she'd stay until he started dating someone else?

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Noodle Lover said:

There was a scene in Episode 14, Young Guk was in his car, he imagined her leaving if he rejected her so he turned his car around to go tie a hanky to the tree. Whilst he likes her,  I think a large part of his decision at this early stage, is panic at the thought of her leaving him and more to the point, his children.

I'd like to think Dan Dan would have been composed and mature enough  to remain working for Young Guk, since her feelings were still in their infancy  and she was prepared to be rejected. What do others think? If she was rejected, she'd stay until he started dating someone else?

But his Conversation with his friend tells me differently and the dream, and flipping through the magazine and sees her.  He has got to get through having the feelings that he is to old with kids. Dan Dan has been a savior for his kids and also for him we have seen how he has changed now we see the big smile he has where it wasn’t there before she can into his life. Somebody said that they think the wind carrying the handkerchief was a sign from his wife that she thinks Dan Dan is the one for him. 

• Like 6