[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

@Lunkera No, it's not on Viki either. I checked and even though the subbing is not done there, those 4 minutes were completely cut out from the episode on Viki too. Even though the episode is 1 hour 11 minutes long, the episodes uploaded on Kocowa/VIU/Viki is about 1 hour 6 minutes long. Not sure why, but that entire family gallery date scene is cut out for all of them compared to what aired on TV. 

• Like 2

Yeah I noticed that as well @Ayame when I watched it, like what happened why.

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Young Lady and Gentleman” successfully remained the most-watched program of Saturday with an average nationwide rating of 31.8 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/through-the-darkness-pulls-ahead-of-tracer-with-no-1-ratings-snowdrop-and-bulgasal-see-dip/#ixzz7ImF262nh

• Like 5

@Ayame So that's what you meant. thats wierd. maybe it will be fixed or have to do with rights since its an art gallery? avistaz has the full episode. But it seems like the official videos are cut so it isnt in it. I did write it in the viki comment section. Someone is gonna get in contact with the channel manager atleast.

Episode 36

MS is shocked of DR response. SaRa mom did some contract or sold the place?. She went with a bag of money and dumped it at the orphanage i think with a note. SaRa went to Sejong school and sees Sejong and DD together. She says something. I guess shes jealous. SaRa and CG scene where she tells him to find a better woman.Aquarium scene. JN suspicious that something is up. Sechan does Schh with his finger and YG says something to steer away JN suspicions. Sechan tell DD and YG to go together while the kids go alone. Sechan totally knows something is up :D . Hahaha they almost kiss when the kids call for them. DD pushes YG away in surprise. JN is more suspicious. YG talks it off while subtly teasing DD with his words. DD and YG on phone in their rooms. DD mention the almost kiss and YG gets flustered. YG runs off in the dark and buys something for DD. I think it's a Mandu and it was the last one left. YG and DD secretly date in DD room. They having a moment and almost kiss. JN knocks on the door and interrupted again. DD hide YG below the bed. JN almost sees YG hahaha. 

YG sneaks out of the room. On the way to his room the runs into the housekeeper. He says its nothing and run back to his room. DD remembering the almost kiss. YG and DD on phone again and DD says hes cute. I think she compared to his 22 year old self. YG takes DD on a drive. He takes her to where his mother is buried and lay flowers on her grave. they talk some. I think YG mention about the last. YG invite DD for Tonkatsu. SR with her friends and saying she get married to SH. They mention something about SH and past relationship. I think they say something about a kid which makes SR get suspicious. SR go to her mother trying to act ignorant and that she shouldnt believe what she hear. MS call SR to meet up. MS tell SR that it's true that SH has a child. SR asks if her mother knew. MS nods her head and says yes. SR thank her for telling the truth. MS might have mentioned the shares since SR is shocked about something MS said. SR runs off more or less crying.

Lawyer Friend reporting to YG that SH has a child. hes chocked. SR go to visit DR. She confronts DR. SR is crying and arguing with DR. YG eavesdropping on everything. YG enters the room and yell at DR. YG says something about SH. maybe about shares?. SR is shocked and runs off crying again. DD and housekeeper talking about what happened and i think she explain somethings to DD. SR by herself on a bridge. She makes a call to lawyer friend. MR and MS scene. MR is shocked when she realize Junoh gave both the same scarf. what a fool :D . MR scolds him. I think Junoh said he wanted to give the scarfs to both the women he loved. SR visit YG at the office i guess to give up the shares with Lawyer to notarize it? . SR crying her heart out i think people only saw her as FT group daughter and that she was lonely. SR giving up her shares. DR is shocked and doesnt believe her. she makes a call to confirm it. DR ask how she can do that to her. DR is furious. SR apologize and runs away. DR runs off to confront YG who is in meeting with AK and Lawyer Friend. She probably tell him to give it back. YG tell her off and tell her to leave. DR start throwing stuff and ask if this is his revenge for his mother. She starts crying in the office :D . 

SR confront SH. She is pissed and try to walk off while SH stop her and saying hes sincere. SR says something but he cant do it. SR call him a bad person and leaves. SR and YG talk to eachother in a bar. YG asks what shes going to do next and she doesnt know. I think YG tells her to tell him if she needs anything. SR watching DB from afar. DB turns around and she hides. SR crying. DR at the river from the preview. lol she runs back after realize how cold the water is. DR looking crazy and standing in YG room. DR saying something. YG tells her to leave his room. DR saying some stuff and YG talk back saying his mom died cause of her. YG runs off.

DD going after YG. YG ask what is it. DD give him a scarf around him. YG ask if shes worried about him. he thanks her. They go to a café nearby. YG talking to DD about his mother. YG mentioning his kids and some stuff. Day after and DR wake up looking crazy again. DR sees MS walking with YS and shocked. She follows and hear DB calling her aunt. She hears SC calling her noona. They are eating chicken. DR runs in and flips the chicken plate. OMG YG give her a ring. DD is shocked

Preview :  DD happy with YG screaming in the street. YG trying to get her quiet. Scene with CG and SaRa mom she ask if CG really like SaRa and CG says yes. SC and AK scene with AK trying to give him and envelope. DR throws water at DD in the preview. Shes completely crazy and YG needs to throw her out. I think YG gave the ring after thinking about what they said during the time he run out of the house after arguing with DR.

• Like 5

On 1/20/2022 at 6:16 AM, Carolmar said:

I agree that cheating is not the right thing to do; however, in SC's case; I think his heart knew that Anna was once his wife, his world.  Remember he loved her very much and his current situation was out of desperation and convenience.  More upsetting to me than cheating is hitting a woman.  I do not care how angry a man gets he should never hit a woman.  He should not cheat; but worse, regardless of the reasons, he should not hit a woman or knock her to the floor.   At the same time, I view Anna's behavior as shameless, she knew he had someone else.  Someone he built a life with and someone who took care of her daughter when she walked out.  At first, I thought that Anna had postpartum depression when DD was born she ran away.  Now I am thinking, even if she experienced postpartum depression, she was still selfish and did not want the responsibility of a marriage; therefore, she left Korea to do her own thing. When Dan Dan was born, life became real and she was not mature enough to handle a husband and a child

Yeah, I don’t get it why he hit Anna, when he slept with her on his own free will! Of course he can be angry bcs Anna hide her real identity but does it make it ok if Anna wasn’t DD’s mom? He could just cut her off & may be threaten her that he will tell DD the truth abt she abandon her own newborn daughter if keeps lingering around DD…

As for Anna, she’s a royal beetch…how could she just come back “to resume her life as where she left off 27 years ago” And worst she left her infant child without registering her birth. For sure she knows how the law works in her home country. For child born out of wedlock only can be registered by the biological mother case. Now that DD is well and alive surely some other woman help register her birth & in this case, help the father raise the infant girl she left to pursue her own dream. Now she wants to take the man & the daughter from the woman who has stood by him for over 20 years. 

I also hate mr park kept the truth from DD, letting her continue to misunderstand the mom who raised her. Now I’m ready glad DD finds out the truth, not pinning over her birth mother anymore. DD was right, how could a mother left her own child she gave birth to

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Lunkera said:

SR confront SH. She is pissed and try to walk off while SH stop her and saying hes sincere. SR says something but he cant do it. SR call him a bad person and leaves

Actually, SR tells him she gave up her shares in FT Group. That's when he loosened his grip. Smart move by SR to give up the shares. It will keep the parasites including her mother at bay.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Ayame said:

I just noticed that Kocowa and VIU cut out the 4 minutes of the episode where there was the family date at the gallery, so there's no subs for those 4 minutes at all. I'm just hoping that someone that knows Korean will translate it lol.

Here is a quick translation of the gallery trip segment in Ep 35:

Sechan trying to take pictures

SeJong - Whoa, it's pretty
SeChan - Whoa, it is cool.
Jenny - I like that one for a snap.

DD - me too.

They walk to another display. After YG tries to tap DD's hand secretly
DD - Kids, let us go see other items.
They all (except YG) go to the next room.

YG - Heck, is it because I didn't say "dream about me" last night? I mean, she should say what is upsetting her, so I would know what I should or shouldn't do! I swear...

As the kids are having fun in front of the projected pictures, YG texts DD:
"Ms. Park, come here briefly outside the rest room. Carefully, without the kids finding out. Let us have a chat"

DD - Why does he always want me to go in front of the restroom?

DD - Jenny, please watch SeJong. Let me go quickly to the restroom.
Jenny - Sure. Don't worry.  But... where is dad?
DD - When I go to the restroom, I will find the Chairman and bring him.
Jenny/SeChan - Okay. We will stay here.

Outside,
DD - What is it?... What do you want to talk about?
YG - Ms. Park... Really, what is up? Shouldn't I know why you are like this, for me to make amends or something?  Is it because I didn't say, well... "sleep tight" and things like that last night?
DD - Yes.  Chairman, aren't we dating? But seeing what you do, I would have no clue... if we are dating or what it is.  In your mind, what has changed between earlier now?
YG - What do you mean?
DD - If we decided to date, you are my boyfriend and I am your girlfriend.. isn't it so?... Then, you should do the part the boyfriend does, no? I ask you to sing a song, and you sing "mountain rabbit"!  To be frank, even Sejong has grown past "mountain rabbit," okay?
YG - I 'd like to do it for you too.  But Ms. Park, I am tone-deaf. I can't sing. That is why.
DD - Chairman, don't even try to lie like that.  Do you know how well you sang at the karaoke bar, When you were like at age 20?  That "in the picture memories" song or whatever.  You even took over the mic by yourself and sang it out, you know!
YG - I... I did that?
DD - Yes.  If you don't believe me, ask SeChan and Jenny.  Seeing you sing and dance, Jenny was saying you "totally rock" okay?
YG - Impossible...
DD - If you don't want to do it for me, just say that!... At this rate, what is the use with a boyfriend?

(She shows fake disgust and stomps away.. haha)
YG - I mean... ah... damn..

[I did it quickly and did not rewind to check.  Hopefully the details are all there.  The whole scene was really cute! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Okay, rewound and fixed a couple of things.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

An observation I have made about the relationship between YG/SR. Often when half siblings are involved there is tension between them especially when one of them is the product of an affair. In fact, usually the legitimate child  refuses to acknowledge the illegitimate one even exists even though the child is not to blame.

YG has a soft spot for SR and seems to love her as his little sister. He is the one person besides DB that cares for her and her happiness. I am glad to see the writer exploring this.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, rolisrntex said:

YG has a soft spot for SR and seems to love her as his little sister. He is the one person besides DB that cares for her and her happiness. I am glad to see the writer exploring this.

So true.  So often we see only trouble between half-siblings in Kdramas.  It is either enmity between both of them, or at least one of them doesn't appreciate the other one's love...  It is very nice to see the deep trust and caring between these two.  He is always there for her, like in her first wedding, and now... And she never seemed to doubt his love and caring for her too.   Is she really the daughter of that horrible mom?

It was easy to create a nasty story with SR having a company ownership battle with YG using her shares and all that (especially when YG lost his memory), like every other drama would do.  My gratitude to the writer for not trying that!

But what a piece of work that mother of hers is!  So much of yelling and screaming today... And then she goes to die, but keeps her shoes safe before walking into the water.  LOL :)

• Like 4

Watched ep 36 raw and preview and read the recap and I got to say it’s time for WDR to be kicked out of the house. Having her stay there gives her delusions of grandeur as she thinks she’s the big madame of the family. Also with YG dead wife and SaRa given her a lot more money than her allowance in the past behind YG back fed into her fake status as someone important.  Her resentment that YG’s father didn’t bother to marry her and left her no shares in the company in his will resulted in her squatting her greedy self at the house for what she thinks she is owed. In the circle of the rich people WDR is looked down upon and the mistress label also hurts SR chances to marry among them unless they can benefit somehow from it. Two failed attempts from WDR to get SR to marry into a wealthy family with flawed grooms should have made her realize that being a mistress daughter is a hindrance to SR marital prospects in the elite circle. WDR greed and resentments keeps growing as she’s feels thwarted of getting her shares of the company through SR marriage. Now that SR had revoke receiving her shares in the company when she gets married I think WDR will become dangerous. I feel bad for YG being saddled to deal with the aftermath and find that SR is irresponsible in not taking charge of her mom and just dumps WDR on YG. Let’s hope YG have a bottom line on what he’ll tolerate from his father’s mistress actions and throw her butt out when he find out DD got water splashed in her face by the crazy witch.

We got three creep sightings in this eps. Shady SaRa is back skulking on SJ at his school. Kind of stupid when her ex wants to know where his son is and SaRa goes snooping on the kid she claimed is dead. What if the ex is following her? Next SR went sneaking a look at DB after breaking off from SH. She’s needs to go do something worthwhile with her life and stop wasting her time on deadbeat men. Last is WDR following Mr. Park sister and ended up upturning the chicken platters. It might have been right for Mr. Park sister to let SR know that SH has a kid but she’s needs to be informed on what really happened to make DB and SR break up so she won’t inadvertently stir up more trouble when dealing with WDR in the future. Listening to granny and Yeon Sil glossing over DB and SR relationship was a new level of duplicity from them in not letting on that  Mr. Park had threatened to cut ties with DB if he marries SR due to WDR violent behavior and degrading remarks and the fact that DB did behave like a gigolo the first two times he and SR were together. 

Finally, the funny and cute courtship of YG and DD and the times with the kids in this weekend episodes made up for some of the awful double amnesia plot we had to slogged through. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

57 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

OMG YG poor sister, (Her mom is something eh).

I was logging to post about her. My heart broke for her during today's episode. I think the writer is trying to show us that riches doesn't always buy happiness. She realized that having money was what was holding her back. All her life people took advantage of her because of the money she had access to including that wretched woman she calls her mother. Her access to money was the wall between her and the man she truly loves. Hopefully, now she can find happiness after shedding the burden she has been carrying all those years. Besides the progression of YG/DD, SR's story was the highlight of the episode.

Now DB has to come to the realization that he needs to be willing to give up everything as well.

• Like 5

Yeah I think that is what is was trying to show as well money doesn't always bring happiness, Yes for sure nod.

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Young Lady and Gentleman” continued its reign over Sunday nights with an average nationwide rating of 34.7 percent for its latest episode.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/uncle-records-its-highest-ratings-yet-as-snowdrop-and-bulgasal-see-rise/#ixzz7Iqty5Qlk

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

Thank God the amnesia/SR chapter is done. Some thoughts on latest episodes…

-YG a promise ring really? Anyway, YG/DD finally taking off. Not happy with the false starts. I wish they would stop teasing us with their 1st real kiss.

-SR gave up her shares. Now what? I’m honestly surprised that YG isn’t more strict with SR. Instead of dating, she should go work at the company? YG is working hard for the company, the least SR could do is move her evil mother to her place. WDH could also get a job. Open a shop like Ms. Jang…

-SR/CG he’s too good for her. He’s got a heart of gold like Mi Rim. (They’re my faves) SR needs therapy. I get that she misses her son, but she gave him up when he was born. I feel like that ship has sailed. She should be thankful that he’s in a wonderful family & cherish the time she had with him. 

- I wish they would show more friendships… DD/MR/SR could hangout. DD has no one to really confide in She had a friend in earlier episodes, what happened? I just hope they give her more of a purpose and not have her life revolve around YG/kids. I thought they were going to have her do the modeling thing.

Anyway, l have so many more to say, but I’ll leave it here. I’m happy this forum exists because I have one to discuss with. Til next time…

• Like 8

oooh SaRa is going to get it when YG memory fully return. I hope DD will be the one to slap her hard.

written preview

Preview of Episode 37 Youngguk proposes to Dan to reveal their relationship to their children and end their secret date. Dae-ran says that Mi-sook is in a relationship with Soo-cheol's family and ruins her stylish marriage, and she resents Mi-sook, but she threatens that Mi-sook will sue her if she misbehaves with Soo-cheol once more. Meanwhile, Sarah, who witnessed a date between Dan Dan and Youngguk, blames Dan Dan for the breakup and is caught in anger and reveals their relationship to Dae-ran...

• Like 6

Oh Poor YG! My heart went for him in the last episode!

He's afraid of love because he lost 2 persons (mother and wife) he loved very deeply and now he's scarred!

I was happy about the fact that he felt he could entrust DD with such vulnerability! It's not easy at all to lay oneself bare!  It just shows how far gone he is! There's no going back now :blush: 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Lunkera said:

oooh SaRa is going to get it when YG memory fully return. I hope DD will be the one to slap her hard.

written preview

Preview of Episode 37 Youngguk proposes to Dan to reveal their relationship to their children and end their secret date. Dae-ran says that Mi-sook is in a relationship with Soo-cheol's family and ruins her stylish marriage, and she resents Mi-sook, but she threatens that Mi-sook will sue her if she misbehaves with Soo-cheol once more. Meanwhile, Sarah, who witnessed a date between Dan Dan and Youngguk, blames Dan Dan for the breakup and is caught in anger and reveals their relationship to Dae-ran...

No she is so crazy to understand he don’t love her and she mistreated his kids and he loves DD now how is that so hard to understand why the breakup 

• Like 3

I think this week, I feel sorriest for...

Se-ryeon. Her mom is a lying monster who only ever used her. And this is her second potential marriage with a crook! I do not blame her for wanting a fresh start. Poor thing.

She'll never be poor. She has a good relationship with her brother and he is going to keep looking out for her. She just won't be used for her company shares anymore. I think her choice was smart.

Dae-ran has gone completely insane. Even if Yeong-guk promised to let her live in his house, I don't know how much longer he's going to stand for her insane behavior.

Gi-ja sells her building at a $200,000 loss and leaves $500,000 at a Catholic orphanage. Hrm. This entire storyline is ridiculous and beneath the dignity of the actress, and anyone who has to watch this.

Nothing else to really say except that Anna and Sara are spending all their time peeping at the babies they abandoned. Ladies, come clean.

I can't believe Sara lied to Gun about her baby dying. Ugh, she's learned nothing. She has a looooong way to go before she becomes a semi-decent human being.

Yeong-guk gave DD a ring! My guess is that that is not a "couple" ring or a promise ring. That is an engagement ring. He took a frustratingly long time to get there, but once he is in, he is in for the long haul.

Jenny already knows that her dad was hiding in DD's room. She was holding a mirror! Girl has a good poker face.

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

I think this week, I feel sorriest for...

Se-ryeon. Her mom is a lying monster who only ever used her. And this is her second potential marriage with a crook! I do not blame her for wanting a fresh start. Poor thing.

She'll never be poor. She has a good relationship with her brother and he is going to keep looking out for her. She just won't be used for her company shares anymore. I think her choice was smart.

Dae-ran has gone completely insane. Even if Yeong-guk promised to let her live in his house, I don't know how much longer he's going to stand for her insane behavior.

Gi-ja sells her building at a $200,000 loss and leaves $500,000 at a Catholic orphanage. Hrm. This entire storyline is ridiculous and beneath the dignity of the actress, and anyone who has to watch this.

Nothing else to really say except that Anna and Sara are spending all their time peeping at the babies they abandoned. Ladies, come clean.

I can't believe Sara lied to Gun about her baby dying. Ugh, she's learned nothing. She has a looooong way to go before she becomes a semi-decent human being.

Yeong-guk gave DD a ring! My guess is that that is not a "couple" ring or a promise ring. That is an engagement ring. He took a frustratingly long time to get there, but once he is in, he is in for the long haul.

Jenny already knows that her dad was hiding in DD's room. She was holding a mirror! Girl has a good poker face.

Oh I didn’t get that she saw with the mirror. Lol

• Like 1