[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Young Lady and Gentleman” continued its reign as the most-watched program to air on any channel on Saturday with an average nationwide rating of 32.5 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/through-the-darkness-and-the-king-of-tears-lee-bang-won-records-their-highest-ratings-yet-as-snowdrop-sees-dip/#ixzz7I6d1gNWs

• Like 1

Scene continued from where we left off and DD & YG argue of him being stubborn with his feelings. DD give gifts to stepmom and grandma. They both apologize to eachother and hug eachother. AK is at an orphanage i think. While leaving she run into SC and its the scene from the preview. SC talk with the nun and she says something about AK. SaRa dreams about her baby. SaRa visit Sejong at school and give him a present(looks like a robot). She says she miss him and ask if he missed her and he doesnt answer. schoolmate calls him and he runs off. Sara and CG walking together and SaRa is dazed. CG asks whats wrong and they hug.

DD stepmom and SC on a date at the cinema. more scenes with them. family gathering with DD aunt family. DD arrives. The scene in the preview where YG calls DD name in the evening is in his mind. He keep thinking what DD has said. DD left a gift for him and a thank you card. It's like a melody box. Sejong go to YG room to sleep with him he wanted the box but YG says he cant have it. Sejong sulks and tell him he wont sleep with him. Sejong go to DD room and report everything :D . DD is touched. DD and YG are sms'ing eachother and DD smiles while YG is embarassed. DD meet AK and tries to give her a gift but AK is kinda cold. Not in a nasty way. Telling DD she is leaving soon. AK hurrying off. DD gave her gloves as a present and AK was crying by herself.

Scene with DD and SC from the preview and talking about AK. SR her mom the other guy and that guys mother having dinner. Shes trying really hard to marry off her daughter to him. DB making chicken and giving the bag to his mom. DD stepmom sees SR and the other guy hug. The scene from the preview she is angry at both of them. She go home and start hitting DB and want him to break up with her. Scene of DB and SR talking. DD aunt receives a scarf from her son and he gives the same one to MR.

YG with his friend and wants to hang out and he tells YG to just be with the young lady(DD). He tries to leave and YG stops him. They talk and he asks YG is that young lady he likes is Teacher Park. He tries to encourage him to go after her. Its raining and YG runs into DD on way home. They share umbrella from preview. DD kisses YG :D. He is shocked and backs off afterwards :D . They start bickering and YG gives her the umbrella and runs off. They separately in their rooms talk to themself.  DD talk to YG about something and then leave.

SR and DB scene. DD aunt sees them. She go to DD stepmom and talk about it and finds out YG stepmom were talking bad about her brothers family. Seems like DB is breaking up with SR. YG remembering his conversation with DD earlier. DD waiting for YG in the cold. YG sends DD message to not wait for him. DD sees the SMS but ignores it. Jenny looking for DD. She calls DD and ask where she is. DD says shes waiting for someone i think. Jenny says she should come back home i think its because its very cold outside. Jenny tells YG. DD has turned her phone off. YG says to Jenny he will find her. It's snowing when YG arrives. He struggles from a distance. He ends up driving off.  Something on the radio makes him turn back and run towards DD. He yells her name and yell at her what shes doing. Ends with them hugging. 

Preview DD and YG dating in secret it seems like. SR friend trying to give DB money. SaRa ex bothering CG and SaRa. CG hold him by the neck while Ex asking where their son is  i think

• Like 4

and KBS 2TV’s “Young Lady and Gentleman” continued its streak as the most-watched program of Sunday with an average nationwide rating of 33.5 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/uncle-and-the-king-of-tears-lee-bang-won-break-their-own-records-as-snowdrop-and-bulgasal-sees-rise-in-ratings/#ixzz7ICMdJCbM

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 9:33 AM, Lunkera said:

@nohamahamoud2002 Yeah and i hope she is sincere. Because of all the things shes done i'm still paranoid that this still isn't the end of her trying something again.

I am also paranoid, but I think the drama will try to fully whitewash SR from now on.  I suppose we should grudgingly accept that she was not shown to be an out-and-out evil person or anything... The lying schemes she pulled, both when the first amnesia period started and when the second (reduced) amnesia period started, were pretty much evil though. 

But then again, she may have the excuse that she just didn't know of any other way to stay close to her son, and so had to pull the schemes to somehow become YG's wife.  We viewers will find her scheming to be really horrible mainly because she was pulling apart two people who have deep feelings for each other; a romance that we all wanted to see.  And it was also distressing the kids who love their teacher.   But to SR, she was just doing something that (in her mind) will ultimately not hurt the family, so she never realized how evil her scheming was.  She may also rationalize it as she didn't know the depth of romance between YG and DD, who had not shown it to others (though SR clearly knew of it as at least a budding romance). 

But the two old ladies, SR's nasty mom and the tacky madam, who set up the schemes for SR and encouraged her, have no excuses.  SR was really not after YG's money or the status as FT group's madam, but the old ladies were after nothing but money and status.  Still, it would have been nice if they had shown SR to be having some pangs of conscience in what she was doing.  Talking to herself, or questioning herself, for instance.  The redemption arc with the help of her "ajussi" would have been more acceptable that way.

Anyway, there is no doubt that the redemption arc is coming, much as we hate that in Kdramas.  SR seems to have already given up on trying to be YG's wife, and her "ajussi" will help her through the rest.  They may show her kneeling down and apologizing to YG at some point, and then he may even forgive her.  Kumbaya.  This lady is going to go scot-free , despite everything she did.  That will be painful for us to see, but we should expect that.

But remember that she can come clean and apologize to YG only after the truth of her son comes out, to give the proper reason to YG on why she did what she did.  But then there will also be a struggle to pull her son away from DD, whom the boy likes more than SR.  They will all try to protect the boy from psychological damage, to complicate things.  SR will prevent the truth from coming out, for her son's sake.  And DD, who I am sure will somehow find out along the way the truth of the boy's mom, will also only try to cover things up.  That will make everything confusing and cause chagrin to us.  In any event, I have a feeling that a good portion of the rest of the drama will revolve around the small boy.

• Like 4

@jayakris Well, SaRa will be suffering later also since i bet DD family will be against their relationship when it's revealed all the things she done. But i do hope she regrets her action later and properly apologize to YG and DD. The best outcome would be Sejong never finds out SaRa is his biological him and that she just watches him from afar or occasional family gathering with DD family in the future. She will have to realize whats best for Sejong eventually. She has been unstable when it comes to Sejong so hopefully by being around CG she will be better and learn actual compassion and conscience.

I've seen worse redemption arcs in other dramas. What SaRa has done is fairly mild compared to other villains. SaRa and SR mom's are the worst though.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, jayakris said:

I am also paranoid, but I think the drama will try to fully whitewash SR from now on.  I suppose we should grudgingly accept that she was not shown to be an out-and-out evil person or anything... The lying schemes she pulled, both when the first amnesia period started and when the second (reduced) amnesia period started, were pretty much evil though. 

But then again, she may have the excuse that she just didn't know of any other way to stay close to her son, and so had to pull the schemes to somehow become YG's wife.  We viewers will find her scheming to be really horrible mainly because she was pulling apart two people who have deep feelings for each other; a romance that we all wanted to see.  And it was also distressing the kids who love their teacher.   But to SR, she was just doing something that (in her mind) will ultimately not hurt the family, so she never realized how evil her scheming was.  She may also rationalize it as she didn't know the depth of romance between YG and DD, who had not shown it to others (though SR clearly knew of it as at least a budding romance). 

But the two old ladies, SR's nasty mom and the tacky madam, who set up the schemes for SR and encouraged her, have no excuses.  SR was really not after YG's money or the status as FT group's madam, but the old ladies were after nothing but money and status.  Still, it would have been nice if they had shown SR to be having some pangs of conscience in what she was doing.  Talking to herself, or questioning herself, for instance.  The redemption arc with the help of her "ajussi" would have been more acceptable that way.

Anyway, there is no doubt that the redemption arc is coming, much as we hate that in Kdramas.  SR seems to have already given up on trying to be YG's wife, and her "ajussi" will help her through the rest.  They may show her kneeling down and apologizing to YG at some point, and then he may even forgive her.  Kumbaya.  This lady is going to go scot-free , despite everything she did.  That will be painful for us to see, but we should expect that.

But remember that she can come clean and apologize to YG only after the truth of her son comes out, to give the proper reason to YG on why she did what she did.  But then there will also be a struggle to pull her son away from DD, whom the boy likes more than SR.  They will all try to protect the boy from psychological damage, to complicate things.  SR will prevent the truth from coming out, for her son's sake.  And DD, who I am sure will somehow find out along the way the truth of the boy's mom, will also only try to cover things up.  That will make everything confusing and cause chagrin to us.  In any event, I have a feeling that a good portion of the rest of the drama will revolve around the small boy.

I thought all that Sara is doing to be around her child after giving him up for adoption wasn’t legal. I thought it had to be the adopted parents permission if she was to be around. When she went to the school to see him why was he not afraid of her he acted like nothing ever happened. 

• Like 1

My thoughts about SeRa: In the beginning, I was sympathetic towards SeRa.  She actually liked the chairman years ago, but the chairman had his eyes on the children’s mother and married her.  When SeJong’s adoption story was shared, I was really sympathetic towards her.  But then, she became too unlikable; not because she was scheming to get the chairman (although that worked my nerves), but because she was so arrogant, mean and ruthless in her scheming behavior.  Her treatment of anyone who got in her way, was disgraceful. Maybe if during her scheming she would have shown or at least pretended to show compassion to all of the children, or treated Gun with respect (when she was sober), I could still muster up some sympathy for her. So far, not yet!

Gun is a pretty decent guy and it seems he will be SeRa’s conscious and help her become a better person, but I really don’t think her scheming is over yet. However, now that they seem to be cleaning up SeRa’s character, maybe she will use her wicked scheming super power for good; as in protecting SeJong from his desperate-seedy-looking bio-dad! Then again, based on SeRa’s history, she may cook up a scheme to use Gun or bio-dad to help her get custody of SeJong. Who knows? I can't wait to see how this storyline plays out! 

• Like 2

On 1/15/2022 at 8:46 PM, rolisrntex said:

I agree. Their scenes don't seem forced and appear natural. Good pairing of actor and actress.

They were paired together in the 2014 daily drama "Apgujeong Midnight Sun." That drama was seriously makjang!!! The scriptwriter is the same one who wrote the crazy daily drama "Princess Aurora." 

• Like 2

Can we talk about Jun O, who offered the exact same scarf to his mother and Mi Rim !? What on earth was he thinking !? (I think I get why he dropped out of medicine school :D )

I mean, he knows the 2 women work together... What could possibly go wrong? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3