[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

Hello, would like to share my views below after catching up till episode 29

YG - i am a bit angry with him for playing with Dan Dan emotions, one minute she is happy that YG acknowledge her feelings , another minute she is being hurt ....is like a roller coaster ride for her.

Yeo Sil - selfish woman who only thinks about money.

Kim Anna - throwing her feelings for Soo Chul ! isn't she being selfish for wanting him back again after

what she did 27 years ago.

Dan Dan - innocent girl but never give up her feelings for YG

Gun - i think he has feelings for Se Ra. Always there to help her when she is in trouble with her ex.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Hello, would like to share my views below after catching up till episode 29

YG - i am a bit angry with him for playing with Dan Dan emotions, one minute she is happy that YG acknowledge her feelings , another minute she is being hurt ....is like a roller coaster ride for her.

Yeo Sil - selfish woman who only thinks about money.

Kim Anna - throwing her feelings for Soo Chul ! isn't she being selfish for wanting him back again after

what she did 27 years ago.

Dan Dan - innocent girl but never give up her feelings for YG

Gun - i think he has feelings for Se Ra. Always there to help her when she is in trouble with her ex.

I’m getting to not like Gun now he is beginning to make me sick

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Hes a responsible man. we as readers know SR is pregnant but YG doesnt have memories of the amnesiac period. If she had been pregnant and YG & DD get together while throwing SR to the side, DD would face loads of criticism from other and YG is rich so it would go public so he wants to avoid it. If anyone should be blamed it the writer for not being creative :D  . Anyway it's what i think about this situation and that YG wants to protect DD

• Like 3

Seeing DD running around chasing YG after his callous rejection was pitiful. Better to just ask her to tendered her resignation while YG was coldly telling her he don’t like her and he won’t like her in the future. A good clean break would have been kinder since he believes her happy future is going to the US with AK. 

YG finally man up and broke off the engagement with crazy shady SaRa. If he fall for another one of her lies then he’s a complete moron. Now that SaRa started abusing his children it is imperative that he gets his memory back. WDR is just as culpable for the boys being abused since she’s in cahoots with SaRa for monetary gains. That nasty child abuser will be back if YG doesn’t kick a very greedy spiteful WDR out of his house. 

With the frequency we’re seeing SaRa consumes alcohol coupled with her traumatizing the kids the writer deserves a stink eye if a fake pregnancy is the new marriage trap for YG. 

Cha Gun is stuck on stupid and continues to come to SaRa rescue. There’s not one good attribute SaRa possesses yet Gun seems drawn to her. Guess he just like a drunken clingy depraved type of woman. 

DB and SR  childish antics to stay together is becoming an eyesore to DB mom and granny. It’s time for SR to move on and find a more mature guy and leave DB to grow up.   

AK, Mr. Park and his money hungry freak of a wife needs to all move on and away from each other. AK needs to be outed as DD’s mom, Mr. park as a two timing cheater, and Yeon Shil needs divorce papers. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

https://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/youngladygentleman/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2021-0241-01-803969,list,none,1,0

31회 미리보기 

별장 화재 후 영국의 배려로 병가를 받은 단단은 수철의 집으로 돌아오고 갑작스레 단단을 병문안 온 아이들 때문에 영국도 수철의 집으로 향한다. 애나의 집에서 단단의 어린 시절 모습과 닮은 사진을 발견한 연실은 수철에게 그 사실을 털어놓는 가운데 단단은 죽은 엄마를 향한 그리움을 수철에게 토로하는데...

Episode 31 Preview - translated

After the fire at the villa, YG considerately grants DD sick leave, and DD returns to Su-cheol's house. She suddenly receives visits from the kids so YG also heads to Su-Cheol's house.

Yeon-sil discovers photos at Anna's home from when Anna was young that strongly resemble DD and tells Su-cheol about it. DD expresses her longing for her "dead" mom to Su-cheol...

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Lunkera said:

greatest punishment for Sa Ra will be when Sejong hopefully calls DD mom :D looking forward to that.

But we have to wait until the last 5 minutes of eps 50 for that

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

On 1/4/2022 at 2:55 AM, vintage said:

Seeing DD running around chasing YG after his callous rejection was pitiful. Better to just ask her to tendered her resignation while YG was coldly telling her he don’t like her and he won’t like her in the future. A good clean break would have been kinder since he believes her happy future is going to the US with AK. 

YG finally man up and broke off the engagement with crazy shady SaRa. If he fall for another one of her lies then he’s a complete moron. Now that SaRa started abusing his children it is imperative that he gets his memory back. WDR is just as culpable for the boys being abused since she’s in cahoots with SaRa for monetary gains. That nasty child abuser will be back if YG doesn’t kick a very greedy spiteful WDR out of his house. 

With the frequency we’re seeing SaRa consumes alcohol coupled with her traumatizing the kids the writer deserves a stink eye if a fake pregnancy is the new marriage trap for YG. 

Cha Gun is stuck on stupid and continues to come to SaRa rescue. There’s not one good attribute SaRa possesses yet Gun seems drawn to her. Guess he just like a drunken clingy depraved type of woman. 

DB and SR  childish antics to stay together is becoming an eyesore to DB mom and granny. It’s time for SR to move on and find a more mature guy and leave DB to grow up.   

AK, Mr. Park and his money hungry freak of a wife needs to all move on and away from each other. AK needs to be outed as DD’s mom, Mr. park as a two timing cheater, and Yeon Shil needs divorce papers. 

I was jumping with joy when YG finally calls off the engagement .

DD being so persistant, she will never give up as YG is her first love & moreover, the kids love her more then anything. 

Well, as for Cha Gun I think he has a crush on SeRa and hope both ends up together.

• Like 1

I wasn't able to watch this weekend's episodes in full - just bits and pieces - so here are my (scattered) thoughts.

YEON-SIL - I defended her before. That she was just a simple person who enjoyed having some money. That she was just not very smart, and that didn't make her a bad person. Etc., etc....

But now, I shall JUDGE HER. She is not a good person. She doesn't care about her husband, anyway.

I enjoyed when her husband's sister chewed her out for using him.

SARA - Don't know what is going on, but I am HAPPY to hear that YG finally kicked her to the curb! FINALLY!

SU-CHEOL'S SISTER - Don't know her name, but she stands out because she is NORMAL. Because Dae-ran, Gi-ja, Yeon-Sil, Sara and of course ANNA are all INSANE. Too many insane ladies on this show.

YEONG-GUK! Another guy I defended before, because his brain has been through a lot. But I am getting tired of his behavior!

His friend tells him to dump Sara because if he can't remember being in love with her, then he shouldn't stay engaged. (YES!)

Then about 10 minutes later, he is convinced by Anna to dump DD, and so he does! (NO!)

Does he have a mind of his own AT ALL?

GUN - I haven't seen him at all this weekend, but I'm going to assume that he is still stalking Sara and popping out of the bushes constantly to rescue her from EVIL EX. Am I right?

All the men on this show are pretty dumb. (Yes, DAE-BUM, I'm talking to you.)

And all the older ladies on this show are terrible and crazy!

The only decent people are the long-lost sister, Grandma, and Mi-rim. And of course, we all love DD and the kids.

(How many times did Se-Jong cry this weekend? I will guess 5.)

• Like 5

5 hours ago, chickfactor said:

YEON-SIL - I defended her before. That she was just a simple person who enjoyed having some money. That she was just not very smart, and that didn't make her a bad person. Etc., etc....

But now, I shall JUDGE HER. She is not a good person. She doesn't care about her husband, anyway.

I enjoyed when her husband's sister chewed her out for using him.

Lol! sorry I had to laugh. 

This is one character I have had no patience with since she asked DD to resign so that her Dad could keep his job and she could keep living secretly in that house. 

Still, I tried being not so biased. I tried giving her a chance.

Last time, when she took her inlaws money for her son, and then yelled at Mr Park to go and work for ONLY 5 years to save enough to provide for them a better house i thought: good riddance. 

She cares about money, her son and maybe after that her mother. Mr Park, doesn't seem to be one of her priorities, even if she has convinced herself that he is. I don't know how long he's going to accept that. 

And that does not mean I liked how Anna and SC are going about whatever is that's happening with them. 

So, end of the rant. 

5 hours ago, chickfactor said:

All the men on this show are pretty dumb. (Yes, DAE-BUM, I'm talking to you.)

I agree. And if not dumb, at least very fickle with their feelings. One minute they decide one thing, next min, after another person tells them something else, they change their mind. Pfffft.

So far, the only one who isn't like that is Jun Oh. YG and Mr Park are the prime examples so far though.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

So I've had a few days to think over the two episodes.   Here are my thoughts.

When it comes to Anna Kim, Soo Cheol, and Yeon Sil, none of them have clean hands.   AK's brazenness comes through loud and clear with each passing moment.    Yeon Sil's love for money over all comes through shining as well.    As much as I want to give Soo Cheol some benefit of the doubt for trying to resist AK's advances, the fact that he ultimately succumbed and even agreed to go with her to the States is a bridge too far.   And he tried to guilt trip DD for her change of mind!   Wow!

So it appears that Jun Oh and Mi Rim discover part of a secret between them.   Unfortunately for them, this is just a precursor for the real trouble to come.

What to do about Dae Bum and Se Ryeon?   Seriously, what do we do with these two?

Se Chan and Se Jong.   Those two are quite the characters.   While it was cute at first that they wanted to play Cupid for YG and DD, I think we all agree that they should retire their wings and trust that YG and DD will find their way to each other again (more on this later).

SR's delusions got worse and worse by the week as well as her actions.   Without getting into detail, it's fair to say that she truly refuses to give up even though she's bound to lose everything.  

Which brings up to the OTP

I have tried to give YG benefit of the doubt regarding his amnesia and therefore how hesitant he now is towards DD.   But the last episode was pure cruelty on his part.   Despite his confusions, there was no reason for him to act so callously towards her.    Still, I do hold hope based on 3 things:

1)     He and DD shared a late night ramen meal where they could smile and relax towards each other like before.

2)     He rescued her from the burning fire and stayed with her at the hospital.

3)     He broke off the engagement to SR . . . . again!

As far as DD, I've seen many folk want to move on from YG.   All I can say is how many of us had a past love that we just could not move on from?   In regards to SR, that's a difference between the two of them.   DD rushed headlong into that fire to save the two boys.   Even though Se Jong is her son, can we honestly see SR going into the fire to do the same?   In the end, it's painfully clear that the paths of YG and DD must be put together again.   Why?   Here's a song I think captures DD's perspective (and YG's to a certain extent)

Bring on episodes 31/32!!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I hope we can finally more to more of the love story again with YG and Dan Dan this weekend.

Not intending to dash any hopes but this same writer kept the OTP apart until the last episode in My Only One.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6
  • LOL 1

@rolisrntex Rosy Lovers,Blow Breeze, Loving you a thousand times,My Love by My Side? oh gosh, this gives me a headache, I hope the main leads relationship wont be as bad as them. just need to get rid of YG amnesia SOON. Since Sa Ra is supposed to be paired with that other guy.

• Like 5

As much as we like to speculate based on the writer's past drama history, this is still its own story.   I'm not saying that any of you are wrong - I'm simply saying that the only way to know for certain is to keep tuning in.

At this point, I would be thrilled if YG does not hurt or make DD cry at all this weekend.   Yes, of course, I could go for some legitimate lovey-dovey type scenes with them too.   Still, we all understand that it's all about the long game.  

I do think Jae Ni, Se Chan, and Se Jong will be critical towards keeping YG and DD's paths converging.  I'm also pretty sure that the "fake pregnancy by SR scheme" will also happen but at least it would not surprise many of us. 

Finally, I'm still reserving the right to continue my fanfic based on what the writer comes up with.  But for now, I'm holding my heart down.

• Like 2