[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

• Lmangla changed the title to [Current drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨, Sat & Sun @1955 KST

Spoiler

A man carries a baby, while the woman leaves (is she the mother abandoning her child?)

He tries to commit suicide but a mother also carrying a baby saves him

Spoiler

The girl is older. She says she misses her mom

Spoiler

Does girl grew even older? I think the motherless girl considers the fatherless young man as her brother

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

I really liked ep1. If it was a meal, it was really good, satisfying, and can't wait to come back tomorrow for ep2. There's a lot of leading ladies in this drama. Who goes with what guy? The brother finally hit pay dirt in the preview. And the daughter and dad will once again be reunited. There's no spoilers here unless you see the episode. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense. Kang Eun Tak is not in episode 1.

• Like 4

I have a question regarding baby’s registration in South Korea. Can a father not register his baby under his name? Why is that only the mother can and father cannot? Let’s think this in reality, let’s say a father really “cannot” register his own baby, what happens with the baby? Does he really have to show proof of DNA? I don’t this is an US thing. 

• Like 3

EVENT Alert! What do you think should happen next? Calling all drama viewers who have an opinion on which direction a drama should be heading in. Here is your chance to play PDnim. Participate in this joint screenwriting game and lets see what kind of drama Soompi chingus come up with. Surely, it will be better than some of the duds we have been subjected to, right? :lol:

re: @partyon, @Lmangla, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart, @agenth

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jamie Hartford said:

I have a question regarding baby’s registration in South Korea. Can a father not register his baby under his name? Why is that only the mother can and father cannot? Let’s think this in reality, let’s say a father really “cannot” register his own baby, what happens with the baby? Does he really have to show proof of DNA? I don’t this is an US thing. 

Here's a video about single fathers in S. Korea that talks about it.

https://youtu.be/486bxVeDpIo

Basically, mothers need to be present to register the birth. If they aren't around, single fathers need to file a lawsuit in order to be able to register the birth, which takes time, and I imagine is complicated and costly. In the meantime, the baby is without a SSN, which means they aren't covered by medical insurance and can't go to daycare. On top of that, there is prejudice against single parents.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

@backstreetboysfansaid: "Kang Eun Tak was in a episode 1 (Just one scene) when the FL was younger and they were fighting over the ice cream."

I was referring to the actor. I don't think he was in episode 1. This is one episode I did no skipping. And the FL was fighting with her step brother not her uncle(Kang Eun Tak). Isn't Kang Eun Tak the actor who was the lead in Man in a Viel.

• Like 2

Episode 1 was good. Groundwork is done. I like the actor playing dad's role. He always does a good job. He's a fine actor and never disappoints as a fatherly figure. The childhood coincidental meeting was sweet. It seems Dan Dan is always running away from her home when she encounters the ML. The ML is truly a gentleman. It breaks my heart to see him struggle alone. At least Dan Dan's father had someone to hold his hand. The poor ML is struggling to raise three children at different stages of childhood, on his own.

It's just one thing I couldn't understand. Why not tell Dan Dan about her biological mother? She is now old enough to understand? Why let her live in misconception and make her hate you because of some misunderstanding? I think they as a family would come closer if the 'secret' about her biological mother was revealed and the situation explained to her so that she would not misunderstand either her father or her non biological mother.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, confusedheart said:

It's just one thing I couldn't understand. Why not tell Dan Dan about her biological mother? She is now old enough to understand? Why let her live in misconception and make her hate you because of some misunderstanding? I think they as a family would come closer if the 'secret' about her biological mother was revealed and the situation explained to her so that she would not misunderstand either her father or her non biological mother.

this kind of secret is never easy,
but I wonder if the writers don't try to take up the Parasite ( from the movie Parasite) theme a bit, because there will be FL, her father, her adoptive mother, her brother, they will all be there in this huge house
So the brother of the FL and the sister of the ML? lol why am I not surprised
FL's biological mother got rich, we'll see what will happen

• Like 3