[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

@heistheway there’s definitely plenty of episodes left for all 3 of your guesses.  B) I’d actually like some random guy coming along to give YK some competition for DDs heart, after he regains his memories. Not that she would actually be swayed, but having someone supposedly more appropriate (someone her age, no kids, families approve etc) show interest in her, could possibly help YK realise all those other obstacles don’t matter & make him more resolute & confident in their relationship.   
If the guy came before YK gets his memory back, well I guess he’d (YK) be jealous & then realise he has feelings for DanDan, which maybe could help trigger the recovery of his memories. I prefer the first scenario, because it would help deal with the other obstacles in a meaningful way. 
I do wonder how much of an obstacle Anna is going to prove to be :sweatingbullets: She had already expressed her disapproval to YK, and unless she outs herself as DDs mum, there’s not much else she can do….that’s above board. Who knows if she’d resort to sneaky tricks to try to protect her daughter. She doesn’t seem the type, but all the older women in this drama are written as such nasty schemers, it wouldn’t surprise me. I mean, the woman did abandon her newborn baby (& husband) for her career :huh:<_< 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Bejaffled said:

@heistheway there’s definitely plenty of episodes left for all 3 of your guesses.  B) I’d actually like some random guy coming along to give YK some competition for DDs heart, after he regains his memories. Not that she would actually be swayed, but having someone supposedly more appropriate (someone her age, no kids, families approve etc) show interest in her, could possibly help YK realise all those other obstacles don’t matter & make him more resolute & confident in their relationship.   
If the guy came before YK gets his memory back, well I guess he’d (YK) be jealous & then realise he has feelings for DanDan, which maybe could help trigger the recovery of his memories. I prefer the first scenario, because it would help deal with the other obstacles in a meaningful way. 
I do wonder how much of an obstacle Anna is going to prove to be :sweatingbullets: She had already expressed her disapproval to YK, and unless she outs herself as DDs mum, there’s not much else she can do….that’s above board. Who knows if she’d resort to sneaky tricks to try to protect her daughter. She doesn’t seem the type, but all the older women in this drama are written as such nasty schemers, it wouldn’t surprise me. I mean, the woman did abandon her newborn baby (& husband) for her career :huh:<_< 

@BejaffledI'm liking how you think.  I could see these things happening.   It would cause more angst with some in this crowd.   But we all agree that YK and DD are destined to be together no matter what.   Episode 19 can't come soon enough!

• Like 1

Ep. 20 preview translated:

https://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/youngladygentleman/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2021-0241-01-803969,read,,20,815800

20회 미리보기 

영국은 자신이 바람을 피워 사라가 상처받았다고 오해하고 사라의 상처를 씻어주기 위해 별장에서 프러포즈를 할 계획을 세운다. 영국의 프러포즈 계획에 망연자실한 단단은 애나를 만나 가정교사 계약기간이 끝나면 자신을 미국으로 데려가 달라고 하는데...

Yeong-Guk misunderstands and believes that Sara is hurt because he cheated on her, so he plans a proposal for her at his villa.

Dan-Dan is stupefied by Yeong-Guk's proposal plans, and asks Anna to take her to the U.S. once her contract as the children's tutor is over...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The heartwarming storyline and the supporting characters make this serial to be very refreshing to watch! Especially after watching the exact opposite genre of Jirisan, with more headache and murders coming up in today's episode.

The amnesia plot is also surprisingly handled well and funny, it turns YG into a more fun and lovable character, compared to the one-dimensional one he used to be!

Sara will be heartbroken again today......and she deserves it!

• Like 5

I felt bad for our Teddy Bear ajussi in the episode.  One of you had hoped here that he wouldn't get hurt by Sara.  Looks like she is doing just that; hurting him.  Every time I start to feel some pity for Sara, she starts doing things that make me hate her.  Now she is even making Se Chan cry.  That made me mad.  (The boys acted very well in this episode, by the way!)

I loved Dan2 openly speaking up about Sara messing up the kids, leaving clueless Sara tongue-tied!   That was a rare scene in Kdramas -- the good people calling out the bad ones sternly without trying to be nice.

• Like 8

I find the manipulation of Sara very serious and dangerous, I don't understand how people cannot stop her, I understand that she has been there for a long time even there are things not to do.

I know that siblings bicker a lot, but since that stupid amnesia, the atmosphere between the children has become toxic especially because of this witch from Sara, especially since she defends her bio son, she is not not fair, she hits the other
and in the end Sara will have a happy ending with our beautiful uncle, this witch, she needs to go to prison, she should disappear

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

44 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

I find the manipulation of Sara very serious and dangerous, I don't understand how people cannot stop her, I understand that she has been there for a long time even there are things not to do.

I know that siblings bicker a lot, but since that stupid amnesia, the atmosphere between the children has become toxic especially because of this witch from Sara, especially since she defends her bio son, she is not not fair, she hits the other
and in the end Sara will have a happy ending with our beautiful uncle, this witch, she needs to go to prison, she should disappear

Same thing DD had to grow up in so she knows it’s not right and how the other child will NOT feel love. Poor DD I so want her to be QUEEN of the house before the last eps the way they do us we have to watch the mistreatment all the way through a drama until the very last eps please don’t do us that way. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheQueenReturns said:

Why oh why do they keep on increasing thieving thumbs screen time? The acting of this character gets worse each weekend. Even if it supposed to be comic relief, instead of getting full of laughter, I get ticked and disgusted.

Totally agree.  She should end up in prison, considering she's taken property/money over $1M US.  I doubt that is anywhere close to the amount that crossed between their mothers, which maybe was a few hundred thousand at most.  Just seeing/hearing her on the screen grates me.

DD's stepmom irritates me on a different level.  She keeps taking money without telling her husband.  I was glad (for a moment) to see her trying to get work, but then when I thought about it.  Of course she went to her sis-in-law's place, because she knew she would give her money instead of having her work.  And what's with her not eating because her grown son stayed out all night.  Did she ever care that much about DanDan?

I have mixed feelings about DD's mom.  She seems like a different person from the past and she's so good to DanDan.  Probably trying to repay her for not being there as she grew up.  I do think she tried to go back, but saw that the Dad already established a new family and felt she didn't deserve to break that up at the time.  Does she deserve her family now, I don't know.

I'll have to think about it more as the series continues.

• Like 9

Rating for Sunday is at 31.3% (5.48 million viewers), second highest of the series so far!

Wedding is postponed again as YG feels that Sara is more like a sister to him......lol......deservedly so!

The funniest part is when YG told the kids that he cannot be their dad....as he couldn't remember the 41 yo version of himself...instead he wants them to treat them as their oppa instead of appa :rubchin:

And the last scene.....YG kissing DD intentionally, only to be slapped by her hahaha....:partyblob:

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

41 minutes ago, Newbie21SG said:

Rating for Sunday is at 31.3% (5.48 million viewers), second highest of the series so far!

Wedding is postponed again as YG feels that Sara is more like a sister to him......lol......deservedly so!

The funniest part is when YG told the kids that he cannot be their dad....as he couldn't remember the 41 yo version of himself...instead he wants them to treat them as their oppa instead of appa :rubchin:

And the last scene.....YG kissing DD intentionally, only to be slapped by her hahaha....:partyblob:

She should have slapped him hard enough to bring back his memories. He’s my man but right now my man isn’t pleasing to watch. Even a ring oh my where is that hanky

• Like 6

Oh it looks like we might get another guy in the running for Dan Dan for a bit eh, maybe that will push  Lee Young-Kook eh.

1 hour ago, seungshin said:

As a "younger" man at that.  I guess the writers are trying to show us that age doesn't matter by having him fall in love with DD all over again.  

I think that is what the writers are doing as well.

• Like 9

while KBS 2TV’s “Young Lady and Gentleman” continued its reign over Sunday TV with an average nationwide rating of 31.3 percent.

Not only was “Young Lady and Gentleman” the most-watched program of any kind to air on Sunday among all viewers, but it was also the most-watched program of the day among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored a nationwide average of 6.6 percent

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/chimera-achieves-its-highest-ratings-yet-jirisan-sees-increase-in-ratings/#ixzz7DZUCu5CU

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1