[Drama 2021/2022] The King of Tears, Lee Bang-won /Taejong Lee Bang-won, 태종 이방원

larus

New Event Alert!:hooray:

Favourite Time Travel K-Dramas :offtospace:

Hop into a time machine with our latest event and go back in time or hurtle into the future with memorable and iconic Time Travel K-Dramas.  :eats2:

Vote for your favourite Time Travel K-Drama now!:piggydance:

Your event organizers:

• 2 weeks later...

Taejong Lee Bang-won’ Yangnyeong Itaeri vs Chungnyeong Kim Min-ki… A tense nervous battle between brothers

HHXC26WVZ5OB6PB3G7NJ7ADIB4.jpg

In the 29th episode of the KBS 1TV drama 'Taejong Lee Bang-won' (directed by Kim Hyeong-il, Shim Jae-hyeon/played by Lee Jung-woo), which is broadcast at 9:40 pm on the 23rd, a tense nerve battle between the brothers for the throne takes place.

Previously, Daegun Yangnyeong (played by Taeri Lee) was in danger of being deprived of his crown prince position by repeatedly deviating from his rebellious spirit towards his father, Bangwon Taejong (played by Joo Sangwook). In the end, Bang-won Lee warned Yang-nyeong, "I have one more son who is not inferior to him even if he becomes the king right now," and amplified the tension. As the conflict between the brothers grows deeper and deeper, the next story is more awaited as to what kind of incident they will face this week.

https://biz.chosun.com/entertainment/tv/2022/04/23/PZQMV4JQQMXIEKE7P7ZYA4KFBA/

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2021/2022] The King of Tears, Lee Bang-won /Taejong Lee Bang-won, 태종 이방원
  • 2 weeks later...

Joo Sang Wook On Why “The King Of Tears, Lee Bang Won” Was Memorable, Working With Younger Co-Stars, And More

Joo Sang Wook On Why “The King Of Tears, Lee Bang Won” Was Memorable, Working With Younger Co-Stars, And More

May 18, 2022
by S. Cho

Joo Sang Wook recently participated in an interview to talk about his latest drama “The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won“!

KBS’s “The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won” is a traditional epic sageuk about King Taejong, born Lee Bang Won, who helped his father overthrow the Goryeo Dynasty and establish the Joseon Dynasty. A traditional epic sageuk is a historical drama that typically involves a large budget and cast, a long-running storyline, and depictions of real historical events and figures.

After premiering in December 2021, “The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won” came to a conclusion early this month. The drama was the first KBS traditional epic sageuk in five years and recorded average viewership ratings of 10 percent, peaking at 11.7 percent.

Joo Sang Wook, who played the main character Lee Bang Won, described the drama as a “new start.” He explained, “I think of this project as the middle between when I was younger and when I age more in the future.” Laughing, he added, “It will be either my first step towards my older image, or the end of my youth. It’s a memorable project.”

Joo-Sang-Wook-1.jpeg

Early this January, KBS had to issue an apology after it was belatedly revealed that a horse had died after being injured on the drama’s set. The controversy led to numerous celebrities speaking out about animal abuse, as well as a statement from the Korean Animal Welfare Association (KAWA), and a five-week hiatus for the drama.

Regarding the controversy, Joo Sang Wook commented, “My heart hurt. There was a lot of heartache. Even though I wasn’t directly connected, as a lead actor, you can’t say I didn’t have any responsibility. Everyone feels sorry.”

Later on in the story, Joo Sang Wook worked alongside younger actors like Lee Tae Ri and Kim Min Ki. He shared, “With regards to Tae Ri, his acting is close to a perfectionist. He doesn’t make a single blooper. It’s to the point where I wonder how diligently he prepared. Since he’s so good at acting and has been doing it for so long.”

The actor explained that he first saw Kim Min Ki when they filmed the prologue, and then didn’t see him again until much later. Joo Sang Wook added, “I asked and he said it hadn’t been a year since he started acting. When he first reappeared, he was nervous, but by the time we were done, he was flying around.” With a laugh, Joo Sang Wook continued, “I told Min Ki, ‘You’re still only 21 years old [by Korean reckoning] and you’re going to do well. When you’re successful, don’t forget me.”

Joo-Sang-Wook-3.jpeg

Joo Sang Wook also addressed his reunion with Park Jin Hee, whom he starred with in SBS’s 2010 drama “Giant,” which impressively surpassed 38 percent in viewership ratings. The actor happily shared, “We’re the same age. Jin Hee has such a great personality. He’s the type to be comfortable no matter what he does or who he’s with. I personally find it more comfortable to work with people I’m close with. I filmed comfortably and enjoyably until the end. I definitely believe that we were able to help each other out.”

Due to the length of “The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won,” many actors from the beginning died before the drama reached its conclusion. Joo Sang Wook shared farewell statements to these actors on Instagram, which garnered lots of attention. The actor explained that about three quarters into filming, none of the actors from the start were still around, which made him feel bored and lonely.

He also touched on how this turned into regret, because a 32-episode series is considered quite long, but not long enough to properly shed light on someone’s entire life story. He shared, “As I continued acting towards the end, I felt I was doing it without a cause. Since I was only filming the result without the process, I would brush over things without knowing whether I was right or wrong. I think this is an inevitable condition of a 32-episode production. There were definitely aspects that made viewers think, ‘Why is it like this?'”

Spoiler

Joo-Sang-Wook-4.jpeg

Lastly, Joo Sang Wook commented, “I want to try a medical drama. I want to try out something difficult. There’s a lot that I want to do. I also like historical dramas. I will work hard with a new image in a good project that suits my age and greet you again.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1526854wpp/joo-sang-wook-on-why-the-king-of-tears-lee-bang-won-was-memorable-working-with-younger-co-stars-and-more

• 3 months later...

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

2022 APAN Star Awards Announces Nominees

Aug 31, 2022
by L. Kim

The nominees for the 2022 APAN Star Awards have been revealed!

The event will be held at the Korea International Exhibition Center (KINTEX) in Ilsan, Gyeonggi Province on September 29. It has been confirmed that Yuri and Jung Il Woo will be the MCs of this year’s APAN Star Awards.

Check out this year’s nominees below!

Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Serial Drama:

Uhm Ki Joon (SBS’s “The Penthouse 2,” SBS’s “The Penthouse 3”)

Yoon Si Yoon (KBS2’s “It’s Beautiful Now”)

Lee Tae Gon (TV Chosun’s “Love (Ft. Marriage And Divorce) 2”)

Joo Sang Wook (KBS1’s “The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won”)

Ji Hyun Woo (KBS2’s “Young Lady and Gentleman”)

Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Serial Drama:

Kim So Yeon (SBS’s “The Penthouse 2,” SBS’s “The Penthouse 3”)

Park Joo Mi (TV Chosun’s “Love (Ft. Marriage And Divorce) 2,” TV Chosun’s “Love (Ft. Marriage And Divorce) 3”)

Park Jin Hee (KBS1’s “The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won”)

Uhm Hyun Kyung (MBC’s “The Second Husband”)

Choi Myung Gil (KBS2’s “Red Shoes”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1543034wpp/2022-apan-star-awards-announces-nominees

• 4 weeks later...

Top Excellent Actor & Actress in Serial Drama at APAN Awards 2022

Actors Joo Sang-wook and Park Jin Hee won the Best Acting Award for their role in 'Taejong Lee Bang-won'

ba6717dc-3215-4944-a0f8-b1ee9bfbc4d8.jpg

First, Joo Sang-wook went on stage with a wide smile. He said, "I am very nervous to receive a big award on a big stage. It was an honor to break a long hiatus and appear in a meaningful work that announces the revival of KBS historical dramas. As the winter passed so cold, the director and countless staff suffered. Among the works, it is a work that I will never forget."

7b9267e8-d14d-47ce-a3ff-00c43e8ff394.jpg

Park Jin-hee said, "It was not an easy task for a long time. It was an honor to receive it with my husband in the play. I also want to say thank you to Sang-wook, who was a friend of the same age and was easy-going."

https://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2022092922060005982

Best Supporting Actress:Park Ji Yeon (“Bloody Heart”),Ye Ji Won (“The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won”)

2022123122280642322_1.jpg

https://moneys.mt.co.kr/news/mwView.php?no=2022123122280642322

• 3 months later...

Actor Lee Seung-gi and Joo Sang-wook jointly won the 'KBS Drama Awards' 2022.

Lee Seung-gi and Joo Sang-wook won the grand prize for 'Love as the Law' and 'Taejong Lee Bang-won' respectively at the '2022 KBS Drama Awards' held at KBS in Yeouido, Seoul on the 31st. Both of them are their first acting awards. Lee Seung-gi received the KBS Entertainment Grand Prize in 2011 with the '2 Days & 1 Night' team, and held the SBS Entertainment Grand Prize in 2018 with 'Master in the House'.

NISI20230101_0001166311_web.jpg?rnd=2023

Joo Sang-wook has a special meaning when he received the grand prize for KBS 1TV historical drama Taejong Lee Bang-won, which was revived after 5 years. “It was difficult to wait from the start until now. I debuted in 1998 with a small role in a KBS youth drama, and I am grateful that I even received a (grand) award.” The weight and pressure of the historical drama was so difficult that I couldn't handle it alone. It was thanks to the seniors and juniors who always stood beside me and supported and helped me like family. Most of all, I am grateful to the viewers who loved the historical drama and watched it to the end. " he greeted.

Her wife, Cha Ye-ryun, won the Excellence Award for her 'Golden Mask'. Joo Sang-wook said, "He is always on my side and cheers me on, saying 'My brother is the best'" and "I'm even happier when I come to the awards ceremony together. I love Cha Ye-ryun, the one and only wife in the world."

https://www.newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20230101_0002143536

Joo Sangwook and Park Jinhee, The 2022 KBS Drama Awards)

202212312034352265_1.jpg

On the afternoon of the 31st, the red carpet event for the 2022 KBS Drama Awards was held at the KBS New Building Public Hall in Yeouido, Seoul. Actors Joo Sang-wook and Park Jin-hee are stepping on the red carpet. 2022.

https://news.koreadaily.com/2022/12/31/sports/broadcast/20221231053342319.html

Kang Ha-neul, Do Kyung-soo, Park Jin-hee, Ha Ji-won, Top Excellence Award

image_readtop_2023_87_16725033015298421.

Park Jin-hee said, “When I was sitting there, I was afraid of all the candidates. I want everyone to tell me that they are working hard and that they are doing well. I also had a hard time being away from my children while doing drama while raising a child, and today I want to say ‘Jinhee, you worked hard’.”

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2023/01/87/

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/broadcast/2023/01/01/2A73W5NOVQK7WCG5FB33FTIPEI/

Congratulations to the winners of the KBS Drama Awards 2022:

Joo Sang Wook - co-winners of the Daesang (Grand Prize).

Park Jin Hee - co-winners of the Top Excellence Award (Actress).

Ye Ji Won - co-winners of the Best Supporting Actress. 

I really enjoyed this historial Sageuk very much. It was an excellent production that led me to learn more about Joseon dynasty. I and looking forward to 2023's "The Goryeo-Khitan War"!

• Like 1