[Drama 2021/2022] The King of Tears, Lee Bang-won /Taejong Lee Bang-won, 태종 이방원

larus

@lila21 yes she is wise. Which is going to be even more heartbreaking you know when he

Spoiler

Kills his in-laws so they would not influence the thrown

The first episode opening was powerful. I think what broke the historical and fiction King Taejong heart, was that he actually loved and trusted his stepmother.

• Like 1

“The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won” also continued to see its viewership rise with its latest episode, which similarly reached a new all-time high with a nationwide average of 11.2 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/uncle-and-the-king-of-tears-lee-bang-won-break-their-own-records-as-snowdrop-and-bulgasal-sees-rise-in-ratings/#ixzz7ICLe6CGB

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

The first episode opening was powerful. I think what broke the historical and fiction leaving King Taejong heart, was that he actually loved and trusted his stepmother.

I agree it was powerful in a sense that he was judged by his actions but in his own mind and heart he did it to save his family then to save Joseon's absolute monarchy. What happened in the beginning were different a conflict of interests and ideas with JDJ and then with families. He wanted a strong and solid monarchy to start with and to give to his son the next king to follow with. You could say that he sacrificed his soul for his kingdom.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Lee Bang-won boldly answers the Ming emperor's question as a prince! You can watch the entire clip of the KBS historical drama Taejong Bangwon through the KBS drama channel.

• Like 1

KBS Apologizes After Horse Dies From Injury On Set Of “The King Of Tears, Lee Bang Won”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 20, 2022
by C. Hong

KBS has issued an apology after an animal abuse controversy arose over a horse being injured on the set of “The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won.”

“The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won” is a traditional epic sageuk about King Taejong, born Lee Bang Won, who helped his father overthrow the Goryeo Dynasty and establish the Joseon Dynasty. A traditional epic sageuk is a historical drama that typically involves a large budget and cast, a long-running storyline, and depictions of real historical events and figures.

Viewers raised concerns with the Korean Animal Welfare Association (KAWA) over a potential animal abuse issue in a scene that aired in “The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won.” In the scene, actor Kim Young Chul‘s character, Lee Seong Gye, was thrown from his horse while riding. To create this scene, the horse was pulled to the ground using a rope tied around its legs.

On January 20, KBS issued the following statement:

We apologize.

Regarding the accident that occurred during filming for ‘The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won,’ we take grave responsibility and apologize.

The accident occurred during the November 2 filming of Lee Seong Gye’s fall from his horse that aired in episode 7.

It is very difficult to film a fall from a horse. The horse’s safety is fundamental, and we also have to consider the safety of the actor on the horse and the safety of the crew members filming the scene. Because of this, the production staff spent several days preparing for the scene in order to prevent any accidents from potentially occurring.

Despite this preparation, during the actual filming, an accident occurred in which the actor was thrown hard from the horse and the horse’s upper body struck the ground with great force. After the accident, the horse got up under its own power, and we checked to see that it had no external injuries before returning it. However, as viewers recently began to express concern for the horse’s current condition, we checked the horse’s condition again, and we regret to say that the horse died about a week after the filming occurred.

We cannot help but take serious responsibility for this unfortunate incident hat has occurred. We apologize to the viewers for not preventing this accident and causing such an unfortunate event.

Through this accident, KBS recognizes that there is a problem with the way that scenes of falling from a horse are filmed. In order to prevent such an incident from occurring again, we will find another way to film and portray these scenes. We will also cooperate with the advice of experts on how filming of various kinds can be safely conducted with animals on set.

We sincerely apologize once again to the viewers and those who love animals.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1509247wpp/kbs-apologizes-after-horse-dies-from-injury-on-set-of-the-king-of-tears-lee-bang-won

I am so sad that beautiful animal died.:tears: I hope they will be more cautious in the future. Everyone has to be safe on set. Thank God no actor stunt man has died.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, larus said:

I am so sad that beautiful animal died.:tears: I hope they will be more cautious in the future. Everyone has to be safe on set. Thank God no actor stunt man has died

The footage circulating of the “stunt” is damning (and it was horrible to watch).  I think the horse died straight after that stunt.  It was animal cruelty at its worst.  I seriously doubt the horse “got up”.  It practically flipped over.  They had tied a wire onto his leg and got it to gallop with the rider before pulling on the wire causing it to flip. :angry:.  Even the stuntman who was thrown was out of it.  Why didn’t they just use CGI?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

They had tied a wire onto his leg and got it to gallop with the rider before pulling on the wire causing it to flip.

That was shocking. This event ruined my day. I kept thinking about that poor animal.

Spoiler

20220120503534.jpg

It was horrible what they did with the innocent horse.  Cruelty and criminal behaviour.

https://www.hani.co.kr/arti/animalpeople/human_animal/1028201.html

"It was revealed that the horse who was mobilized for the falling horse scene in the drama 'Taejong Lee Bang-won' died a week after filming."

It is event worst. He died with pain after a week. It would have been better to die on the spot.

I can`t read the full article. It makes me cry.

• Sad 1

@lila21 Probably because of the criticism from the public. 

On January 21, 2022, KBS decided not to air the latest episode. These are the episodes on January 22 and January 23

"On January 20, KBS released an apology regarding the death on set of a horse, who appeared in the 7th episode. The horse was filmed in a scene where the horse and its rider fell down. While the actor sustained injuries, the horse died a week after the incident, which incurred many criticisms from the public"

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheQueenReturns said:

@lila21 this is the first time I just heard about it. I really want to see this weekend's episodes. I don't see the point of delaying A Week episodes because the horse died. Grieve the horse and honor his memory by showing the episodes

@TheQueenReturnsme too, I really want to see this weekend's episodes as the episodes are really getting intense. I am so sorry for what happened to the horse and the rider. I hope the rider's injuries are not intense.

@TheQueenReturns Firstly it doesnt happen in an upcoming episode but a past episode. Secondly, i understand why they react with criticism. They were pretty careless with the scene.

Viewers raised concerns with the Korean Animal Welfare Association (KAWA) over a potential animal abuse issue in a scene that aired in “The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won.” In the scene, actor Kim Young Chul‘s character, Lee Seong Gye, was thrown from his horse while riding. To create this scene, the horse was pulled to the ground using a rope tied around its legs.

3 hours ago, Lunkera said:

@lila21 Probably because of the criticism from the public. 

On January 21, 2022, KBS decided not to air the latest episode. These are the episodes on January 22 and January 23

"On January 20, KBS released an apology regarding the death on set of a horse, who appeared in the 7th episode. The horse was filmed in a scene where the horse and its rider fell down. While the actor sustained injuries, the horse died a week after the incident, which incurred many criticisms from the public"

After seeing the video, I cannot blame anyone for the anger and grief. They tied the horses legs with intent to make the horse fall and get truly injured. That is intentional hurting. In the Joseon era, I think horses were cared for by their riders just like one would care for a friend. I can't believe, in this day of advanced technology they had to do that to a horse? I can't imagine the pain for both rider and horse but especially for the horse.

• Like 1

@lila21 I did not watch the video, but people wouldn't react that strongly if it was just a simple accident and get KAWA involved. For the sake of making it dramatic they showed a blatant disregard for the animal. Since it passed away 1 week after it must have suffered quite alot.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lila21 said:

After seeing the video, I cannot blame anyone for the anger and grief. They tied the horses legs with intent to make the horse fall and get truly injured. That is intentional hurting. In the Joseon era, I think horses were cared for by their riders just like one would care for a friend. I can't believe, in this day of advanced technology they had to do that to a horse? I can't imagine the pain for both rider and horse but especially for the horse.

Where is the link to the video?  If the criticism is legitimate then it's legitimate and I'm a big animal lover. They need to investigate to see if they followed the required standards for tricks using animals to make the proper conclusion. When you're dealing with animals, accidents will happen and it doesn't necessarily mean it's done on purpose.  However, if that was more than four episodes back, what is it going to change by not showing the show this week? At this rate, this show is going to get canceled like the Joseon Excorcist. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

Where is the link to the video?  If the criticism is legitimate then it's legitimate and I'm a big animal lover. They need to investigate to see if they followed the required standards for tricks using animals to make the proper conclusion. When you're dealing with animals, accidents will happen and it doesn't necessarily mean it's done on purpose.  However, if that was more than four episodes back, what is it going to change by not showing the show this week? At this rate, this show is going to get canceled like the Joseon Excorcist. 

If you’re an animal lover you would be traumatized watching the video. I did and I cannot get the image out of my mind.  It was horrific.  More so because it wasn’t an “accident”.  It was intentional - they planned it.  The animal had no say.  I have put it in the spoiler tag.  If you click through the link you will see the exact footage of how they caused the horse to flip.  :angry:  Warning…it is really gruesome viewing.

Spoiler

• Unamused 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Thanks 1

Pics-Art-01-22-06-23-05-608x406.jpg

KBS Drama 'The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won' To Pause Broadcasts For 2 Weeks Following Fatal Horse Accident

KBS 1TV‘s historical drama series ‘The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won‘ will be taking a break from broadcasts for approximately 2 weeks, following the production’s controversial horse abuse incident. 

Earlier this week, ‘The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won’ was accused of abusing and injuring a horse during filming by The Korean Animal Welfare Association. Upon in-depth investigation, KBS confirmed back on January 20 that the horse died of complications related to injuries suffered while filming the controversial scene, which involved tying up the horse’s legs with action wire to create a dramatic fall. 

On January 21, a representative of KBS told media outlets, “Due to the recent controversy surrounding ‘The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won’, the broadcasting station has decided to pause the drama’s regular airing. As a result, episodes 13 and 14, originally scheduled to air from January 22-23, will not be aired this weekend. Additionally, a two-part special centered around ‘The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won’ was scheduled for broadcast over the Lunar New Year holidays from January 29-30; however, this special will also be cancelled.”

Meanwhile, furious netizens are currently calling for the cancellation of the historical drama series after hearing of the horse’s death. Furthermore, over 90 animal rights groups have banded together to sue KBS for animal abuse. 

Source (1)

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/kbs-drama-the-king-of-tears-lee-bang-won-to-pause-broadcasts-for-2-weeks-following-fatal-horse-accident/#ixzz7IfsuIEpM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yoo Yeon Seok Speaks Up About The Recent Animal Abuse Controversy On Set Of “The King Of Tears, Lee Bang Won”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 22, 2022
by L. Kim

Yoo Yeon Seok shared his thoughts about the recent issue that happened on the set of KBS’s drama “The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won.”

The traditional epic sageuk is about King Taejong, born Lee Bang Won, who helped his father overthrow the Goryeo Dynasty and establish the Joseon Dynasty. A traditional epic sageuk is a historical drama that typically involves a large budget and cast, a long-running storyline, and depictions of real historical events and figures.

On January 21, KBS issued an apology after an animal abuse controversy arose over a horse being injured on the drama set. There were concerns over a potential animal abuse issue in a scene where actor Kim Young Chul‘s character, Lee Seong Gye, was thrown from his horse while riding. To create this scene, the horse was pulled to the ground using a rope tied around its legs.

On January 22, Yoo Yeon Seok uploaded a photo of the incident on his Instagram story and wrote, “There shouldn’t be any more scenes where animals are killed for money and time. The safety of stunt actors must also be guaranteed.”

Spoiler

yoo-yeon-seok.jpg

“The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won” will not be airing this week.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1509524wpp/yoo-yeon-seok-speaks-up-about-the-recent-animal-abuse-controversy-on-set-of-the-king-of-tears-lee-bang-won

I totally agree. Safety for animals and actors/crew members.

• Like 3