[Drama 2021/2022] The King of Tears, Lee Bang-won /Taejong Lee Bang-won, 태종 이방원

larus

Lee Bang Won's daddy is weak sauce. He didn't care his whole entire family was being killed because his false Integrity over a man who told him point-blank to his face that he was going to kill him. His wife will eventually manipulate him to put in her son on the throne and that will cost both of her son's life along with the sneaky Prime Minister.

‘Taejong Lee Bang-won’ Jung Mong-joo Choi Jong-hwan “I enjoyed the new angle and perspective”

111074194.1.jpg

Actor Choi Jong-hwan, who played the role of Mong-joo Jung in 'Taejong Lee Bang-won', proved the potential of a luxury actor with a short but intense performance, leaving a deep impression on the viewers.

Choi Jong-hwan said, "It's been about 12 years since I've been working on a KBS drama since 'Iris' aired in 2009." and showed affection for those who suffered together.

Next, Choi Jong-hwan referred to various works based on Yeoma-seoncho (麗末鮮初) that had been aired so far, and recalled the happy filming site while conveying the emotional burden he felt when starting 'Taejong Lee Bang-won'. Although it was the character of Mong-Joo Jung that had been drawn countless times over the years, it was approached from the perspective of ‘Taejong Lee Bang-Won’ and completed Mong-Joo Jung of Choi Jong-Hwan.

He said, “There have been a lot of dramas based on the female lead in various works, and there are a lot of great people who played Jung Mong-joo, so it was a burden. However, as it is a work that approaches from a new angle and perspective, it is not only fresh and thrilling, but I was able to shoot with anticipation every day.”

Finally, Choi Jong-hwan said, “I appeared briefly in the beginning and left, but it was a happy time because I was able to express the things I had inside to my heart’s content. I am leaving, but I hope that health and joy will be with all the actors and staff for the rest of the filming.” In addition, he finished with a sense of support, saying, "Of course, a hit in viewership ratings is essential!"

http://www.newsinside.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=1124764

• Like 1

Hmmmmmm, General Yi's hesitation to make decisions and choose what he wants has put him and his sons at odds. Both the scholars Jeong Mong Ju and Jeong Dojeon had their own political agenda. General Yi was about preserving his honor and was willing to sacrifice his first sons especially Bang Won who helped him get to his position saved his life and his family's twice. He could not see the intentions of both scholars. He did not want his honor stained and therefore his sons had to make the decision to act because the  General could not. Jeong Mong Ju  would have him killed and his family in order to preserve the Goryeo dynasty and his position in it. He knows that if he cooperates to have Yi as the new king heralding the new era that his position would be diminished and Dong Dojeon will be the new prime minister. So both the esteemed Jeong Mong Ju and Jeong Dojeoen had their own political intentions and ambitions and Yi could not see that. It was all about his irrelevant honor. He blames his sons especially Bang Won in what happened to JMJ and later to JDJ and never saw his part in it. JDJ was a brilliant minister as he was the one who designed the laws and governance during the early days of the Yi dynasty but his own concept about what the government should be was in conflict with what the older sons thought the dynasty governing should be especially Bangwon. Yi cannot see that he had a big part in what happened to his ministers and his younger sons. It seems he had no idea about what he wants. It is 2 choices either you want to be king or not.

I missed the famous scene where both Bang Won and  JMJ recited poems to each other just before JMJ got killed. It has been written about and they did it in SFD. I was waiting for the scene but did not see that part.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

@lila21 he likes everyone doing the dirty work for him so he can have clean hands. But this will come at a cost because I thought these episodes with 32, but I think there are really 16 episodes. I say that because at the rate of this is no one, the queen is going to die next weekend and so will her sons. He has nothing but contempt for his real wife which is the first wife Sons but he puts his second wife Sons on a pedestal. This helps him so he can deny that he had anything to do with the destruction of his own Sons.

He is a toothless tiger in the den with ruthless lions in The Lion King which the main one he denies which is Bang Won. He is the one looking out for the interest of not only his immediate family, but all of the family and his daddy hates him because it makes him look like the weakling he is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

But this will come at a cost because I thought these episodes with 32, but I think there are really 16 episodes.

yeah it seems fast and I can't wait for the confrontation when Bang Won and his wife join hands together to revolt against JDJ and his father, leading to the death of JDJ and the crown prince. Maybe they will show the 2nd fight of the princes until he got crowned king.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

I can't wait to see the scene when Bang Won's wife rises to the challenge and commands soldiers herself to save her husband and their cause. When they join hands to fight YSG's army with theirs, when he defeats his father's army.

• Like 1

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

“The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won” reverted back to its previous highest rating.

According to Nielsen Korea, a ratings research company, KBS1’s “The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won” which aired on the 9th recorded 10.2% (Ep.10).

This is similar to its previous highest rating in the 8th episode, a 0.2% increase from 10% (Ep.9) recorded in the previous episode.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/the-king-of-tears-lee-bang-won-and-young-lady-and-gentleman-record-highest-ratings/#ixzz7HamzmbMA

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

'Taejong Lee Bang-won' Joo Sang-wook and Park Jin-hee, start conflict over unexpected visit?

image_readtop_2022_37945_164203654949161

In the 11th episode of the KBS 1TV drama 'Taejong Lee Bang-won' (directed by Kim Hyeong-il, Shim Jae-hyun, written by Lee Jung-woo), which was broadcast on the 15th, Lee Seong-gye (Kim Young-cheol) entrusted Lee Bang-won (Joo Sang-wook) with a heavy task, and it seems that the Lee family will be in trouble.

After Lee Seong-gye ascended to the throne, her youngest son, Lee Bang-seok (Kim Jin-seong), was appointed Crown Prince at the strong insistence of Kang (Ye Ji-won). Lee Bang-won, who felt injustice as he was politically alienated, went to see Kang. Bang-won Lee, who felt anger at Kang's words, "Follow your foolishness or blame your brother who died early," strangled Kang, but the situation was settled with an apology from his wife, Min (Park Jin-hee).

While the conflict between Lee Bang-won and Kang is on fire, the expressions of Lee Bang-won and Min in the photo released on the 13th (today) are not very serious. After Kang's sudden visit, there was a disagreement between Lee Bang-won and Min. The atmosphere created by Lee Bang-won, who looks at Min with sharp eyes, and Min, with a sad expression, makes us even more curious about what kind of conversation he and Kang might have had.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2022/01/37945/

• Like 1

'Taejong Lee Bang-won' Ye Ji-won, endless desire for power... Conflict with Joo Sang-wook

2022011515528091436_1.jpg

Joo Sang-wook and Ye Ji-won take the culmination of an extreme conflict. The confrontation between Lee Bang-won (Joo Sang-wook) and Kang (Ye Ji-won) culminates in the 11th episode of the KBS 1TV drama 'Taejong Lee Bang-won' (directed by Kim Hyeong-il, Shim Jae-hyun, written by Lee Jung-woo), which will be broadcast on the afternoon of the 15th.

Earlier, Lee Seong-gye (Kim Young-cheol) had appointed Kang's son, Lee Bang-seok (Kim Jin-seong), as Crown Prince, and Lee Bang-won, who heard the news, went to Kang and strangled him, unable to overcome his anger. With the appearance of Mr. Min (played by Park Jin-hee), Bang-won Lee, who managed to get over the hurdle of death, headed to Mrs. Min and her house. But what awaited the couple at home was the death of his son. Abandoned by Lee Seong-gye and to make matters worse, Lee Bang-won and Min, who lost their children, were engulfed in great shock.

While a series of bad news for Lee Bang-won overlapped, in the 11th episode, Kang visits Lee Bang-won and Min's couple. Viewers are paying attention as to why he found Lee Bang-won and Min, who were kicked out after losing everything, and what kind of conversation he had.

Not only that, but there is also a confrontation between the Kang clan and Jeong Do-jeon (Lee Kwang-gi). Kang said to Jeong Do-jeon, "Jungan-gun is a starving man. You can't rule without killing him." It is interesting to see how Jeong Do-jeon will react to this. The production team said, "In episode 11, the confrontation between Lee Bang-won and Kang is at its climax. Meanwhile, the 11th episode of 'Taejong Lee Bang-won' will be broadcast at 9:40 pm on the 15th.

https://m.moneys.mt.co.kr/article.html?no=2022011515528091436

• Like 1

So, Sam Bong sends Bang Won to China as a way of defusing the situation he partly created when he sides with the Queen to make her son the Crown Prince. I miss Moo Hyul in SFD and his friendship with Bang Won where he accompanies Bang Won to China. Anyhow, I can't wait for the return of Bang Won to see how they spin the story and the eventual confrontation of Bang Won and Sam Bong.

I feel bad for Bang Woo though, how he grew up as a child of the esteemed General serving the kingdom of Goryeo and unable to reconcile that the same General, his father, took up arms against Goryeo and took the kingdom for himself and named it Joseon. Politics can divide a family, a country. I guess he dies a sorrowful man.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lila21 said:

So, Sam Bong sends Bang Won to China as a way of defusing the situation he partly created when he sides with the Queen to make her son the Crown Prince. I miss Moo Hyul in SFD and his friendship with Bang Won where he accompanies Bang Won to China. Anyhow, I can't wait for the return of Bang Won to see how they spin the story and the eventual confrontation of Bang Won and Sam Bong.

I feel bad for Bang Woo though, how he grew up as a child of the esteemed General serving the kingdom of Goryeo and unable to reconcile that the same General, his father, took up arms against Goryeo and took the kingdom for himself and named it Joseon. Politics can divide a family, a country. I guess he dies a sorrowful man.

This is going to sound very contrary, but the Queen's death will be a celebration!

• Like 2

Meanwhile, KBS’s “The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won” took first place in its time slot with an average nationwide rating of 11.0 percent, marking a new all-time high for the hit historical drama.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/through-the-darkness-and-the-king-of-tears-lee-bang-won-records-their-highest-ratings-yet-as-snowdrop-sees-dip/#ixzz7I6c0HoE3

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

“Through The Darkness” And “The King Of Tears, Lee Bang Won” Achieve Their Highest Ratings Yet; “Snowdrop” Sees Dip

Jan 16, 2022
by E. Cha

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Meanwhile, KBS’s “The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won” took first place in its time slot with an average nationwide rating of 11.0 percent, marking a new all-time high for the hit historical drama.

• Awesome 2

19 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

This is going to sound very contrary, but the Queen's death will be a celebration!

Not for LSG. Imagine his horror and regret. I wonder if he ever self reflected or just put blame his older children!!! It was his actions of inconsideration and disrespect for his older children that led to chaos that followed. It seems it is easier to blame the older children than see his part in creating conditions for chaos.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lila21 said:

Not for LSG. Imagine his horror and regret. I wonder if he ever self reflected or just put blame his older children!!! It was his actions of inconsideration and disrespect for his older children that led to chaos that followed. It seems it is easier to blame the older children than see his part in creating conditions for chaos.

Exactly. He is a coward. He let everyone else do the dirty work and keep his hands clean. He didn't care that his entire family is going to be slaughtered but instead, he's mad because his friend Jeong Mong Ju was killed,but did not care that Mong Ju was trying to kill him and his children when he fell off his horse. His concubine wife gassed his head up. I do not think he EVER took responsibility.

@lila21 did you see today's episode?

• Love 1

4 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

did you see today's episode?

Oh yes, I just saw it. JDJ may have used Lee Seong Gye to dissolve the Goryeo Kingdom to establish Joseon but LSG is not king material at all and LSG knows Bang Won is and Bang Won will be a better ruler than he was. LSG knows how to be a general but not a king. JDJ used him but JDJ also realizes that Bang Won is his own man. He is not Lee Seong Gye. Especially after Bang Won came back from China alive and victorious. Everyone knows including Sam Bong and his father that Bang Won has what it takes to be a leader. The problem is Sam Bong and Bang Won have different ideas of how the kingdom should be ruled. What would Joseon have been if Sam Bong and Bang Won would have compromised and worked together? This drama is getting good!! I l love Bang Wong's wife. She is wise and very smart. Bang Won is lucky to have a wife as her.

• Thanks 1