[ Mainland Chinese Drama 2023] A League of Nobleman 君子盟

SC2019

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] A League of Nobleman 君子盟
  • 1 year later...

Hi Everyone!   Happy Chinese New Year !   

"A League Of Nobleman" just premiered at WeTV VIP.   So head there if you want to watch this drama.  :lol:

It was "Airborned" this morning.  10 episodes have been Updated.  Non-VIPs can only watch Ep 1.   10 episodes will be Updated every Monday.

It is Good so far. :thumbsup:   A lot happens in Ep 1 (48 mins) itself.  No dragging.  Short and Sharp.

The Story has not "Peaked" yet.

Song Wei Long is very different in this drama.  He is so Goofy, Quirky, Clumsy & Inflexible (Stubborn) when it comes to Crime-Solving.    Very Meddlesome.   But certainly a Genius Detective.

Admin, pls change the Title to "Current Drama.....".   TQ

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2023%2F0130%2Fc7debeb3j00rpa6rt00lcd000v900kbp.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

Notifying   @OAZ  @leo2020  @ElleSor  @rabbit_casa  @yomi83

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

@hush puppy wow, thanks for tagging me). This certainly dropped out of nowhere:D. Will need subs for this, but very happy indeed). I wonder does this mean we might see some other dramas that were seemingly "shelved forever" before....

Also,  might this sudden drop of SWL's drama somehow be connected with his new drama announcement (a new project with Angelababy)?

• Love 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] A League of Nobleman 君子盟, premiered Jan 30, starring Jing Bo Ran and Song Wei Long
1 hour ago, leo2020 said:

@hush puppy wow, thanks for tagging me). This certainly dropped out of nowhere:D. Will need subs for this, but very happy indeed). I wonder does this mean we might see some other dramas that were seemingly "shelved forever" before....

Also,  might this sudden drop of SWL's drama somehow be connected with his new drama announcement (a new project with Angelababy)?

Hi @leo2020  There are English Subs at some Free Sites already.  You can search for it.

I just finished Ep 5.  Ep 5 is very Funny.  I "Burst Out"  LOL actually.  And the "Dance Scene" towards the end of Ep 5 is great.

I don't think this has anything to do with "Acacia Order" - Song Wei Long's new drama with Angelababy.

1) "A League Of Nobleman" is not a BL drama.   So I'm not surprised that it is the first Double-Male Leads drama to premiere.

2) It received it's "Distribution Licence" last year.   Time for it to come out.

3) The rules are more relaxed now in China.  E.g. "Three Bodies" is a Sci-Fi drama with some negative scenes about the government.   Yet they were not "censored out". "Knock Out" is also a great C-Drama.  But I notice most of Soompi Enthusiasts prefer "Idol-Dramas".:lol:

Song Wei Long has a lot of works premiering this year:  "Bionics",  "Just For Meeting You".     I hope his Luck will get better.   After all the difficult times he went through because of  his Shifty Boss. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

@Wuzetian Xin Nian Kuai Le! if you are going to keep it alive, yes I'd create Knockout (yes I heard it's doing well even in super critical douban), or else I don't think it's a genre that is much loved in this forum. 

Oh well I've yet to watch it but you are right...Ppl here may not be into it...Strange Tales of Tang Dynasty is a good example...No one is there except me...Lol...Dont bother then...

I'll probably wait till all of these episodes are up before watching...So peeps keep updating on this new drama...I dont think I've seen any of Song Wei Long's work before...Jing Bo Ran only a movie, which was produced and acted by Andy Lau based on a true story...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

I'll probably wait till all of these episodes are up before watching...So peeps keep updating on this new drama...I dont think I've seen any of Song Wei Long's work before...Jing Bo Ran only a movie, which was produced and acted by Andy Lau based on a true story...

@Wuzetian  If you have Not seen any of Song Wei Long's work before, I would recomend that you start with   "Go Ahead".

• Like 2

Very quiet here.  I guess most viewers have not watched it yet.  Let me starts the Ball Rolling.

I've actually watched till Ep 8.  Minister Lan Jue and Zhang Ping finally became friends and joined forces to investigate the Mysterious Crimes.

First, I must mention that both these 2 Male Leads are very good-looking.  I can't help noticing the Long Eye-Lashes of Song Wei Long.

Second, they get straight to the point (plot) without any waste of time.

According to the data, "A League of Nobleman" won the most popularity on the whole network when it first aired.   It even surpassed the hit "Hurricane" and the big sci-fi IP "Three-Bodies" in terms of popularity.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2023%2F0131%2F639f7409j00rpc990003ec000xc00s1m.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2023%2F0130%2Fe626af23j00rpal830013c000n000hkm.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

Ep 1:

Spoiler

Zhang Ping is An Orphan.  He has great ambitions, is good at investigating cases.  Therefore he wants to join the Judicial Court. But has no background or connection.  He could only make a living by selling noodles.

(1) First Funny Scene (4:05):

When Zhang Ping made a mini Flour Statue for the little girl.  He said it is her.  But it is so Ugly.  The girl almost cried to see such an Ugly statue of herself. :lol:

Lan Jue (Jing Bo Ran)

In order to get back a letter from Hong Luo, a merchant from the Yueliang Kingdom, he made use of Zhang Ping. But ZP also spoilt his ruse. That was how both of them became "Enemies". 

In terms of plot, "A League of Nobleman" is a strange case.  It  establishes the character design  before the case.

First Case - The Letter

Lan Jue tried to steal back the letter. He took advantage of the conflict between Zhang Ping (Song Wei Long) and Hong Luo.  He deliberately send Zhang Ping to the restaurant to annoy Hong Luo.  Diverting his attention and stealing the secret letter from the bead on his Waist-Belt.

ZP helped Hong Luo to find the Letter.  He almost found out Lan Jue's identity.  Luckily LJ has already got ready an Escape Plan.   So LJ & ZP engaged in a Mental Duel without knowing each other.  They did not fight directly.  But secretly admired and feared each other's methods. 

There are many "Reversals" and the Rhythm is fast.  So Viewers will never guess the follow-up plot.

By the end of Ep 1, someone has stolen the "Letter" from LJ.  And the Lead Female Dancer died.  More mysteries for LJ and ZP to solve.

(2) Second Funny Scene (13:33):

Where ZP (Song Wei Long) pouched his Mouth and made a "Running On The Spot" motion before he ran after Lan Jue.  So funny :lol:

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2023%2F0130%2F4552770fj00rpal830013c000xc00jzm.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

Oh man, this is turning out to be a really enjoyable watch, but I'm worried about how much is being cut. The first 2 episodes are roughly similar in length, but the 3rd episode is 30 minutes? I don't want to invest too much hope into a show that's going to be cut to tatters, but I can't stop watching. :(

After Ep 6, this drama is beginning to lose it's shine for me.   I hope it will pick up in the second half i.e. Ep 11 onwards.

I am impressed by Zhang Ping's best friend, Chen Cho (Actor Guo Cheng).  His acting is natural, convincing and infectious.  Lines-delivery is Clear and Good.

As a Detective Story, the "Suspense" is insufficient.  It seems to introduce a New Case every 3 eps.

In the 1st ep, Zhang Ping went back to the restaurant and checked the 2 dining rooms where Official Lan Jue had used.  My first reaction was - why didn't the restaurant clean up the rooms?  Waiting for Zhang Ping to discover Lan Jue's tricks?  The arrangement is too deliberate, isn't it?

Another thing is, they should not have introduced a "Magic Weapon".  I mean Zhang Ping needs to use a "Special Bowl and Clear Water" to enter people's subconscious.  That is a bit "Far-Fetched" for me.

It will be more effective, if Zhang Ping & Lan Jue had depended on "Clues" to solve the Mysterious Crimes.  That will definitely show-case the Ingenuity of Zhang Ping in Crime-Solving and intensify the "Impact" of the Plot.

Lastly, I would have preferred Zhang Ping to be more Quirky.

(I would love to hear all your thoughts)

嚯嚯嚯!井柏然宋威龙张公案改名君子盟空降开播

• Like 2

I had the same thoughts as you when I saw the scene of the restaurant in episode 1. I could only assume that because of the earlier incident, the restaurant was ‘sealed off’ as a crime scene? I know it is a very flimsy excuse …

I also don’t like sudden appearance of the supernatural bowl. I have only watched up to episode 3. Maybe there’s some kind of explanation for its background in the later episodes. It just seems like a convenient tool to solve crimes.

I am already inclined to drop this drama.

• Like 1

Finished 10 episodes.  Mixed feelings: there are moments during the drama when I thought: wow, I’m impressed w the creativity and art direction of this drama, then the next moment I’m like “WTH was that!!!?!!”, in particular that scene in the wood where the dancer Li had Lan Jue hung and Zhang Ping came to the rescue, felt outdated and disengaged; camera angles, dialogue, the whole ‘motion picture’ was just awkward and felt like it was done by a film crew from the 80s/90s. 

overall the storyline is good, no redundancy, refreshing, interesting and successfully grabbing my attention to keep watching for the next development,  and the actings are sufficient from all casts so far .. my frustration is just w the overall inconsistent direction, but still kudos to the production for trying and taking a risk. I just hope they pull it together better in later episodes, if not, it’s just too bad bc they missed an opportunity to make a spectacular show given the resources they had.

12 hours ago, omiki said:

I had the same thoughts as you when I saw the scene of the restaurant in episode 1. I could only assume that because of the earlier incident, the restaurant was ‘sealed off’ as a crime scene? I know it is a very flimsy excuse …

I also don’t like sudden appearance of the supernatural bowl. I have only watched up to episode 3. Maybe there’s some kind of explanation for its background in the later episodes. It just seems like a convenient tool to solve crimes.

I am already inclined to drop this drama.

My Dear  @omiki, it is great to see you here!  So we share the same thoughts. :lol:  Hold on for eps 11+.  I had a feeling things will get better.  Otherwise we will have to let it go...

8 hours ago, FavSong_JKWL said:

Finished 10 episodes.  Mixed feelings: there are moments during the drama when I thought: wow, I’m impressed w the creativity and art direction of this drama, then the next moment I’m like “WTH was that!!!?!!”, in particular that scene in the wood where the dancer Li had Lan Jue hung and Zhang Ping came to the rescue, felt outdated and disengaged; camera angles, dialogue, the whole ‘motion picture’ was just awkward and felt like it was done by a film crew from the 80s/90s. 

overall the storyline is good, no redundancy, refreshing, interesting and successfully grabbing my attention to keep watching for the next development,  and the actings are sufficient from all casts so far .. my frustration is just w the overall inconsistent direction, but still kudos to the production for trying and taking a risk. I just hope they pull it together better in later episodes, if not, it’s just too bad bc they missed an opportunity to make a spectacular show given the resources they had.

@FavSong_JKWL   @omiki  I believe all these "Confusions"  come from the "Editing" or rather "Cuts".   Ever since China impose the "40 Episodes Cap" on all C-Dramas, this has happened to a lot of dramas.

I hope the Chinese Officials can go back to the Status Quo of allowing C-Dramas to have as many eps as they like.  Otherwise  C-Dramas will continue to suffer from this "Dilemma".

It shot to Top Place on the 1st day of it's premiership because Viewers and Fans were Curious.  After that it drops.

Note: They do not follow the plot of the Novel.

• Like 1