[Drama 2021] The Red Sleeve Cuff, 옷소매 붉은 끝동

ferily

2PM’s Lee Junho And Lee Se Young Flaunt Adorable Off-Screen Chemistry Behind The Scenes Of “The Red Sleeve”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 12, 2021 by S. Cho

Ahead of the drama’s premiere, “The Red Sleeve” has uploaded adorable behind-the-scenes photos of 2PM’s Lee Junho and Lee Se Young.

MBC’s newest Friday-Saturday drama “The Red Sleeve” is a traditional historical drama based on a novel that tells the record of an imperial court romance between a court lady named Seong Deok Im (Lee Se Young), who wanted to protect the life she had chosen, and emperor Yi San (Lee Junho), who put the nation first before love.

All of the behind-the-scenes photos capture the incredible chemistry between Lee Junho and Lee Se Young, making viewers that much more excited for the premiere. They immerse into their work together, enjoy cute couple poses, and joke around playing hand games.

Junho-Lee-Se-Young-2.jpeg
The photos also showcase how well the actors are taking care of each other, with Lee Junho holding the fan up for Lee Se Young during their long summer shoots. In another picture, Lee Se Young is focused on delicately applying supplements onto Lee Junho’s nails.

Junho-Lee-Se-Young-3.jpeg

Seeing how perfect the couple’s off-screen chemistry is, you can check out their on-screen chemistry during the premiere of “The Red Sleeve” on November 12 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1498139wpp/2pms-lee-junho-and-lee-se-young-flaunt-adorable-off-screen-chemistry-behind-the-scenes-of-the-red-sleeve

• Like 1

• ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] The Red Sleeve Cuff, 옷소매 붉은 끝동, Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST

the first episode was so good..  :approves:

the rules in the palace are cruel but everyone learns them quickly.

Deokim and the crown prince are clever.. that boy Hong took the opportunity 

and lied that he tore the page. 

some of my fav scenes

- when the king covered Yi San with his cloak...poor the crown prince.. he was so scared

- the scene where the crown prince ran between those girls..

Im glad DeokIm saved those torn pages and Yi San will surely find out the truth one day.

FD9tn1hVcAYR9VD?format=jpg&name=360x360

The hug scene was a little cliche :D but still stunning..   

Good first episode.

Im glad DeokIm saved those torn pages and Yi San will surely find out the truth one day.

Despite facing stiff competition from “Now We Are Breaking Up,” “The Red Sleeve” also made a promising start, earning an average nationwide rating of 5.7 percent and a peak of 8.0 percent for its first episode.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/now-we-are-breaking-up-and-the-red-sleeve-begin-fierce-ratings-battle-as-happiness-hits-new-all-time-high/#ixzz7C49qfa4w

My favourite scene from Ep1

Spoiler

was when DeokIm comforted YiSan before his deceased grandmother.  She wipes the tears off his face with her red sleeve.  

DI - crying too much is not good for your body.  Her highness would not want that to happen.

YS - you are wrong. She must hate me.  Because of all the cruel words I said to her. (Weeps even more) She must hate me so much!

DI - Her highness would understand all your feelings.

YS - How can a dead person know that?

DI -  She knows because she’s dead you fool!  The dead know everything.  Even the feelings you were hiding without telling them.  There’s proof as well.  Do you want to hear?  
(Here’s where she weaves her magic.  :wub: It’s her knack for story telling.  Put together with that wonderful imagination and intelligent brain of hers.) 

YS - what is it?

DI - Did you see the lights on the way here earlier?  It was windy but it wasn’t blown out.  It was her highness welcoming you. “Welcome.  I missed you.  It is dark.  Look at the light and watch your step.”  Do you not know that was what she was saying?

YS - do you think she really said so?

DI - I said she did.  I got to know about her highness thanks to you. She was a good person.  I was scared to see her lying down like that earlier.  I am not scared anymore.  It’s all thanks to you.  (She breaks into a wide smile at him).  Thank you San-ah. 
YS (looks at her) - how do you know my name?

DI - you said it yourself earlier!

YS - what is your name then?

DI - my name is…

(their conversation is halted by the call coming from outside)

Someone - All rise for the King!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

First ep was great...she is like CP guardian angel...saved him but that boy took all the credit in front of San...i don't like that boy...i have a bad feeling about him...

I felt so sad for the old king ...the scene he came to see for the last time the woman he loved ,breaking all the rules...

• Blob 1

"ONLY YOU CAN DO IT. READ A BOOK"

tommy wiseau carolyn minnott GIF by The Room

Is everyone else in the palace illiterate? 

I am starting to dislike FL. Which is bad for me to continue this drama. 

DoesLee SeYoung usually have a permanent pout and strange smile on her face?

• LOL 1

Episode 2 was good. OMG she doesn't know he is the Crown Prince?

MBC’s new drama “The Red Sleeve,” which airs in the same time slot as “Now We Are Breaking Up,” remained relatively stable for its own second episode. The latest broadcast of the historical romance starring 2PM’s Lee Junho and Lee Se Young scored an average nationwide rating of 5.6 percent and a peak of 8.2 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/now-we-are-breaking-up-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episode-jirisan-takes-1st-place-in-time-slot/#ixzz7C9ydDmlY

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

This drama is unexpectedly funny? :lol:

So I gather that cliffhanger moment that we watched in Ep1 was the “dream”?  :lol:.  He didn’t catch her and gaze into her eyes?  Instead, the reality was she tumbled down and took him with her into the pond?  :lol:  Which is why she never did get a look at his face? And she couldn’t recognize him in the library as a result?

Similarly the catch save in the library as she tumbled off the ladder/stool.  :lol:.  He caught her and then shoved her back upright and she face planted into the books?  :lol:

• LOL 4

Okay, so while I was impressed by the first episode, I got to say that I am disappointed with the second episode. I felt like that the humor was pretty much forced, and also not really that funny in my opinion. The whole pond scene, was ridiculous. She brought the crown prince down twice in the water while he stood well and fine. The body guard was busy taking off his armor to get into what some higher than knee length water? While also worrying about Crown Prince being attacked :facepalm:

I don't get the FL as well. Yes, she is supposed to be free spirited, but she is rather insolent here. She didn't recognize the crown prince is totally understandable since the maids were always instructed to bow in front of the royals and not look at them. But that does not mean that they were allowed to behave however they wanted to in front of the officials. They revealed that she thought him to be tutor of Crown Prince who is an official, and definitely higher in rank that her currently. Who cares if she can one day become the 5th rank consort, right now her rank is lower than the court maids too. Being a Sageuk lover, and having watched so many Sageuks, I can't really digest how she got away behaving all this way. As I said, at one point I didn't even find it funny. 

Overall, I look forward to the next week's episodes. This drama does have potential, but I really feel the writer will ruin it with forced humor if they continue this. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1