[Drama 2021] The Red Sleeve Cuff, 옷소매 붉은 끝동

ferily

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

omo...the new teaser..  

that hug is so calm and sensual...    :sweet:

Lee San looks stunning in that purple attire...

2:34...   :wub:

ikr

...until now the posters with their hands is my fave.

thank goodness they released this:

and also this:

hahahahaha

their squirming and aegyo. together they were adorable.

and then lee seyoung poking the dragon robe... hehehe

• LOL 1

2PM’s Junho Can’t Resist Lee Se Young As He Traps Her In A Back Hug In “The Red Sleeve Cuff” Teaser

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 14, 2021 |  by L. Kim

Upcoming drama “The Red Sleeve Cuff” released a heart-fluttering new teaser!

Based on a popular novel, “The Red Sleeve Cuff” is a traditional historical drama that tells the record of an imperial court romance between a court lady who wanted to protect the life she had chosen and an emperor who put the nation first before love.

Junho stars as Yi San, the direct descendant and eldest grandson of the king, who will later become King Jeongjo. Lee Se Young stars as Seong Deok Im, a court lady who wants to make her own decisions about life rather than be one of the king’s many women.

The new teaser captures the sweet yet forbidden romance between a crown prince and a court lady. Yi San is sitting at his desk and studying his books. He seems focused at first, but he’s actually distracted by Seong Deok Im. He sighs as if he is giving into temptation and looks over at her. His voiceover says, “I went against my nature and loved you.” Seong Deok Im quickly avoids his gaze, and she narrates, “Even court ladies have their own heart and will.”

Then out of nowhere, Yi San appears behind her. He clasps her hand gently before embracing her from behind. His voiceover shares, “That’s why it has to be you.” It appears as if she’s rejecting him, but her eyes turn pink with emotions, leaving viewers to wonder how she really feels about the crown prince.

“The Red Sleeve Cuff” premieres on November 5 and will be available on Viki. Watch the full teaser below!

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1493415wpp/watch-2pms-junho-cant-resist-lee-se-young-as-he-traps-her-in-a-back-hug-in-the-red-sleeve-cuff-teaser

• Like 1

2PM’s Junho And Lee Se Young Energize “The Red Sleeve Cuff” Set With Their Smiles

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 15, 2021 | by S. Nam

Upcoming drama “The Red Sleeve Cuff” has revealed behind-the-scenes moments from 2PM’s Junho and Lee Se Young’s teaser and poster filming!

Based on a popular novel, “The Red Sleeve Cuff” is a historical drama about an imperial court romance between a court lady who wants to protect the life she chose and an emperor who puts the nation first before love. Junho stars as Yi San, the direct descendant and eldest grandson of the king, who will later become King Jeongjo. Lee Se Young stars as Seong Deok Im, a court lady who wants to make her own decisions about life rather than be one of the king’s many women.

The making-of video begins with the camerawoman asking Lee Se Young what she’s looking at. She replies in character, “I want to go outside the palace, so I was looking outside.”

During filming for the drama’s first teaser, Lee Se Young looks beautiful in a field of flowers. However, she starts to hesitate and laugh because a fly lands on top of her flower. While rehearsing for the next teaser, Junho and Lee Se Young receive directions from the director on the scene. Junho receives a scroll, which is supposed to be Seong Deok Im’s letter of apology. Examining the letter, Junho jokingly comments, “She started writing and then quit.” Lee Se Young then practices reading the letter out loud for the voice-over. The actress also mentions that her character would have picked out flowers one by one herself to decorate the letter with great care.

After filming a more serious moment, the two get playful as they mischievously twist around while pretending to be shy. Lee Se Young pokes Junho in the stomach and even starts dancing.

Later, during the poster shoot, Lee Se Young stretches out her hand, and Junho comments, “You’re Iron Man.” Junho checks with the photographer how his hand will move up to hold Lee Se Young’s hand. At the photographer’s request, Junho helps Lee Se Young adjust her sleeves slightly. Lee Se Young comments, “I feel like I’m making hand art,” and the two actors link hands slowly, creating a romantic poster using just their hands.

For the final poster shoot, Lee Se Young and Junho are separated by a thin veil. Nevertheless, the two start playing games with one another before getting serious. The photographer asks them to lift their chins up slightly, and the moment results in another breathtaking poster.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1493531wpp/watch-2pms-junho-and-lee-se-young-energize-the-red-sleeve-cuff-set-with-their-smiles

I spoiled myself with Wikipedia, :joy:, although I like a lot the lead actor I will wait for the drama to end before I watch it, I already feel the ML will not be able to save FL every time despite his status royal, and poor FL, so i don't want to suffer lol

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

11 hours ago, rocher22 said:

we finally found out what DeokIm wrote in that letter...   :D

yes.. hahahaha.

that teaser really was light compared to what we will get with this drama...

[INTERVIEW]

The Red Sleeve Cuff Lee Seyoung said,

"I was happy to know that I'll be partnered with Lee Junho."

Source: Newsen

Translation: Lee SeYoung Content | Twitter

• Like 2

Yi San was my first drama!!!i'll watch this version for sure!!!So he will want the only woman who does not want to be his!!!Freedom vs love for a man!We know that in the end she will be his concubine but i wonder if she will do it for love or because of a royal comand...

• Like 1

Viki Presents Red Sleeve Teaser 2 [engsub]

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

MBC drama TheRedSleeve character posters, broadcast on November 5.

ohh character posters is here...

The King, The court Lady, and the adviser...

On 10/17/2021 at 12:23 AM, andy78 said:

Yi San was my first drama!!!i'll watch this version for sure!!!So he will want the only woman who does not want to be his!!!Freedom vs love for a man!We know that in the end she will be his concubine but i wonder if she will do it for love or because of a royal comand...

also wonder that. urgh I wish the novel has English translations... 

or the webtoon can be viewed in completion so that I can get some context clues on how the novel narrated the story of King Jeongjo and Consort Ui...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

New casting news!:).

Rookie #JoSeungHee confirmed cast for MBC drama TheRedSleeve, she will act as LeeJunho’s younger sister the Princess Cheongseon. Broadcast on November 5.

This is her as princess Cheongseon...

a9364621d0527ba3b3a2fd3229d68ebc302991ef

with this announcement, I wonder when they will announce about Ha Sukjin making cameo appearance as prince Sado...?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Lee Se Young Describes Her Character In “The Red Sleeve Cuff,” What It’s Like To Work With 2PM’s Junho, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t
Oct 16, 2021 | by L. Kim

Lee Se Young talked about her upcoming drama “The Red Sleeve Cuff”!

Based on a popular novel, “The Red Sleeve Cuff” is a traditional historical drama that tells the record of an imperial court romance between a court lady who wanted to protect the life she had chosen and an emperor who put the nation first before love.

Junho stars as Yi San, the direct descendant and eldest grandson of the king, who will later become King Jeongjo. Lee Se Young stars as Seong Deok Im, a court lady who wants to make her own decisions about life rather than be one of the king’s many women.

Lee Se Young touched on the reason why she decided to appear in the drama. She shared, “The biggest reason is that the script was very interesting and touching. After I decided to star [in the drama], I read the original novel, and it was also moving and very impressive.”

The viewers have a favorable impression of Lee Se Young’s acting in a historical drama, and they’re anticipating her role in this new one. Regarding that, she commented she doesn’t really feel pressured by people’s expectations. She added that she doesn’t think the drama was successful because of her, but she was lucky enough to participate in a good project.

Lee Se Young described her lady Seong Deok Im as a “simple person.” She said, “Unlike other protagonists, Seong Deok Im is a character who can only think of surviving. Although she unintentionally gets involved in big incidents, she doesn’t harbor personal ambitions or greed. All she wants is to protect the few things in her hands. I am acting with care so that I can express her ‘simplicity’ well.”

When the drama shared the first glimpse of her in character, she received praise for looking like she had stepped out of the novel itself. Concerning that, Lee Se Young joked, “I actually had high expectations because I believed that our great production crew would make me look beautiful and pretty.” Then she added, “My synchronization rate with Seong Deok Im is around 70 percent. We’re both simple, but compared to her, I seem to have a lot more. So I feel really sorry for her.”

About the chemistry between her and her co-star Junho, Lee Se Young commented, “When I found out that I would be acting with actor Junho, I was really happy. I had trust in Junho, and I am very grateful and joyful that we’re working together. Please look forward to [our characters’] chemistry as well.”

Then she mentioned her teamwork with Jang Hye Jin, Lee Min Ji, Ha Yul Ri, and Lee Eun Saem, who will be playing her fellow court ladies. She shared, “Good people seem to gather together, and the director is great, so it seems that only amazing people gathered for this drama. There are many scenes with all the court ladies, and they all have pleasant energy, so our synergy is awesome. In particular, Jang Hye Jin is a mood maker.”

Lee Se Young concluded, “There are probably not many people who have been curious about the question, ‘Did the court lady also love the king?’. In ‘The Red Sleeve Cuff,’ you can see the story of the palace from a court lady’s point of view. As the history is a spoiler, I will say in advance that I will experience everything in the drama that I have never experienced before, like marriage, childbirth, and childrearing. I think that’ll be the key point. Please give the drama a lot of interest and love.”

“The Red Sleeve Cuff” premieres on November 5 and will be available on Viki.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1493714wpp/lee-se-young-describes-her-character-in-the-red-sleeve-cuff-what-its-like-to-work-with-2pms-junho-and-more

also isn't awesome that child stars that get cast as the younger version of the main character are now the main leads in saguek dramas of 2021:

• Kim SoHyun - River Where the Moon Rises
  • Kim YooJung - Lovers in the Red Sky
  • Park Eunbin - King's Affection
  • Lee Seyoung - Red Sleeve Cuff

9ce78c6a6ac95d6ced760b3fcd1640b038aad9f0

• Like 3

2PM’s Junho, Lee Se Young, And Kang Hoon Reveal Their Characters’ Inner Desires In Posters For “The Red Sleeve Cuff”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t
Oct 18, 2021 | by C. Hong

MBC’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “The Red Sleeve Cuff” has revealed character posters for 2PM’s Junho, Lee Se Young, and Kang Hoon!

Based on a novel, “The Red Sleeve Cuff” is a traditional historical drama that tells the record of an imperial court romance between a court lady who wanted to protect the life she had chosen and an emperor who put the nation first before love.

2PM’s Junho stars as Yi San, the direct descendant and eldest grandson of the king and who will later become King Jeongjo. Lee Se Young stars as Seong Deok Im, a court lady who wants to make her own decisions about life rather than be one of the king’s many women. Kang Hoon co-stars as Hong Deok Ro, a government official who hides a cold personality under a seemingly warm and kind exterior.

Each of the characters shares their inner desires in their poster captions. Junho captures Yi San’s fiery charisma as the future king with his sharp gaze and regal posture. His caption reads, “I’m being patient because there’s something I want to achieve. In order to get what you want, you have to endure.” The caption embodies the future king’s determination to take responsibility for his nation and his people.

Lee Se Young captures her character, Seong Deok Im, in a moment of happy, wistful dreaming as she reads a book by the sunlit window. Her caption reads, “Even if it’s small, I want to live while making my own choices.” She is dreaming of a quiet life but her life undergoes an upheaval when she meets Yi San.

In his poster, Kang Hoon captures his character Hong Deok Ro’s beautiful face and the cold personality that lies underneath. He is known as Joseon’s most handsome man, but his gaze holds a sharp and burning ambition. His caption reads, “In my heart, there is a sun that is burning like fire,” prompting curiosity about what desire Hong Deok Ro is holding in his heart. The character is also described as a kingmaker who will stick at nothing to put Yi San on the throne.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1494155wpp/2pms-junho-lee-se-young-and-kang-hoon-reveal-their-characters-inner-desires-in-posters-for-the-red-sleeve-cuff

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I just like how happy they are...     :glee:

funny enough, these character posters show the simple and ordinary court ladies and DeokIm having such happy and light lives...

while the royals, from Lee san, to his grandfather King Yeongjo, the Queen.. and even the noble man Hong Deok Ro have different degrees of solemn, intense, complicated, cunning. Even the Head court lady joins these club.

In saguek times, the higher you are, the less simpler and happy the times are. So DeokIm choice to stay as court lady than Lee San's Concubine is definitely valid...!!!

Character poster quote translation

• Like 1

the poster slogans..

Lee San - You have to endure to get what you want

DeokIm - I want to live a life where I can make choices

How can I watch our drama now...  :unsure:

I want Deokim to be free and happy, yet I want also Lee San to be happy...   :hwaiting:

FBKz9rWVcAE8bgu?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1