[Drama 2021] The Red Sleeve Cuff, 옷소매 붉은 끝동

ferily

MBC uploaded a new NG video on YT, only available for viewing in Korea

I've uploaded it again to share

It's hilarious

In the first NG, when San is meant to tell Lady Seo to bring Deokim to his chambers, he accidentally said Lady Seo instead

LOL

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Lee Se Young Shared She Was Supposed To Reveal A Little Part Of Her Skin In Her Bed Scene With Lee Jun Ho In ‘The Red Sleeve’

“According to the original script, the bed scene was described to be Lee San (Lee Jun Ho) kissing the letter ‘Ming’ on the back of Deok Im (Lee Se Young)’s shoulder. Deok Im was supposed to reveal a little part of her skin”, adding, “However, the director said the scene was filmed beautifully enough without that detail, so she decided to remove the part. I’m satisfied with the final result, but I think fans were a bit disappointed.”

https://kstartrend.com/2022/01/06/lee-se-young-shared-she-was-supposed-to-reveal-a-little-part-of-her-skin-in-her-bed-scene-with-lee-jun-ho-in-the-red-sleeve/

• Like 3

Just finished watching the eng sub for the special DJ with Junho and SY.

One of the listeners asked them which ballad songs do they like lately.

Junho said that he often listened to Whee In's <I wish> as he can really immersed into the drama while listening to this song and he can feel the sorrow,  pain and longings as the younger DK and San came into his mind.

So I went to look at the lyrics.

The lyrics indeed depicts San's feeling for DK.

For SY, it was Ben's <Starlight>. She said she often listened to this song, since the first release and even after filming ended.

No wonder she kept listening to this song as it indeed convey the feelings of DK as it helps her to develop her emotions well.

My favourite OST is My Wonderous Miracle by Jeong SeWoon.

Like what the lyrics said, San is DK's miracle as she was a courtlady who had won the king's grace and favour.

DK is San's miracle as well as she protected him like what she promised (quite a few times and even when they were young) and indeed make him shine more beautifully as San was a good king who was loved by his people.

Kudos to the all the people behind the productions of these beautiful OSTs!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Junho has turned down a lot of offers recently and still mulling over his next project. I hope a romantic comedy will come his way soon for our modern Sandeok. :love:

• Like 5

hello everyone,

It has been years the last time I was in soompi forum and posting something. 

But this drama had made me to do that :relaxed:

I have been silence reader from day 1 and enjoyed all comments and analyses so far. Well done to everyone who participated to this thread.

Now the drama has come to an end, we are hoping fo

I have found something very interesting and I'm not sure if it's allowed to post in this thread as I cannot find any couple thread so I put them spoiler.

Official Fake M/V

Spoiler

Relationship reading ..

Spoiler

Have a good day.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Love 1

3 hours ago, partyon said:

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

But The Red Sleeve not included in the list. Haha...what does TSR get if win #1? :tounge_wink:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, simplesim said:

But The Red Sleeve not included in the list. Haha...what does TSR get if win #1? :tounge_wink:

Yes, unfortunately the drama ended on Jan 1st 2022, which means it wasn't eligible for our poll this time. We will include it in next year's poll though. Promise!
:dorakiss:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

The Red Sleeve Director Jung Ji-in's Interview

"Please remember the Deokim that runs brightly in the summer green;  please remember the Yi San that looked up in the cold snowy sky and never forgot that of Deokim.   I hope that the two of you will eventually reunite happily so you will not be too sad. Thank you all for your love.   More than your love for Deokim and Yi San, I loved them both too."

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/477/0000337527

You can read it through google translation. 

In the translation you'll see the words 'Virtue' & "Mountain" many times. 

They are referring to "Deokim" and "San" respectively. 

'Deokim''s name means "Virtue" in Hanja and 'San''s name pronounced "Mountain" in Hanja. 

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, happiness said:

Exciting news today:

Really happy to see Oh Daehwan and Lee Minji joining as well. 

Gomawo. Have been waiting for it! Just in time to watch before Chinese Lunar Year.

Wonder if I can post this?

The Red Sleeve Cuff' Season 2: Director Jung Ji In Look Forward to the Story of King Jeongjo and Uibin Sung

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/123485/20220113/the-red-sleeve-cuff-season-2-will-lee-junho-and-lee-se-young-s-drama-have-a-sequel-here-s-what-we-know.htm

The Red Sleeve Cuff’ Director Jung Ji In Wants to Work Again with Lee Junho and Lee Se Young in a New Drama

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Junho's vlog from MBC Drama Awards:

Junho noticed Deok-im's scent during the scene where he was looking at her belongings (he requested to not know what was in the box in advance):

Spoiler

Junho also wasn't aware of what the yellow pouch meant :bawling::

Spoiler

Ji In PD really went there. The pouch scene was one of the saddest for me because San never knew what it meant, and he didn't really linger on it like the other things in the box. 

Ji In PD talking about why Deok-im didn't tell San about her feelings:

Spoiler

The director talks more about the scene where Deok-im waves goodbye to herself:

Spoiler

About the last line in the drama:

Spoiler

About the last scene adlibs in episode 5 where Deok-im promises to protect San as a courtlady:

Spoiler

This is one of my favorite scenes in the show. 

Seyoung and identifying Chinese characters for the poem scene:

Spoiler

In scary news, the writer wanted to end the drama not like the novel:

Spoiler

Seyoung being the maknae of different teams during TRS filming:

Spoiler

The background music + 8 OSTs (minus Lee Sunhee's) is being released online :partyblob::

Spoiler

About San's flower ornament (hahaha):

Spoiler

Seyoung in Viki promotional clip for TRS:

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1