[Drama 2021] The Red Sleeve Cuff, 옷소매 붉은 끝동

ferily

Radio Star | Ep744

Videos and excepts:

Lee Junho in playing Jeongjo as hi drama comeback

Excerpts/rough take on what was talked about on the show:

Spoiler

-> talks about Lee KyungGyu's mention/observance of Junho's goo diction for saguek (?)

I think this was when he was guest in a show that Lee Kyunggyu hosts...

there is also this:

which basically means, Junho is a distant descendant of the Joseon Kings, much like Lee Kyunggyu. again it was mentioned on that show...

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, andy78 said:

THANKS for updates...i can't wait ...i love this great king story!!!

you are welcome. 

I am a bit wary due to the scriptwriter, but I am hoping for the best

especially since this is based on the novel that seems to have great following....

and here is the MBC notice in regards to the press conference next week:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, czakhareina said:

you are welcome. 

I am a bit wary due to the scriptwriter, but I am hoping for the best

especially since this is based on the novel that seems to have great following....

So the novel is the same that the reality?? or there will be happy ending? can you spoil the ending?

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

lovely gif

spacer.png

50 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

So the novel is the same that the reality?? or there will be happy ending? can you spoil the ending?

I haven't yet read the novel, as there is no translation for the novel anywhere, even in novelupdates.

There is the webtoon which can easily be interpreted based on the drawings but so far the free chapters are only up to chapter 5....

so I can't really spoil much though as far as I read The Novel will generally be based on the history.

for historical context, i think here is the more general arc of their story: https://hanstyle.blog/2021/01/18/red-cuff-of-the-sleeve-2021-drama-historical-context/

the info released on the novel as I understood it, is that the general narrative would most likely follow the history. thus the ending of DeokIm and Lee San would be like Yisan..... 

But I do confess that the casting and characters in the drama do confuse me on what creative liberties they will do vs history.

As mentioned in above link, Lee San has an official wife/crown princess. they married when he was 9, so by the time Lee San and DeokIm meet, he should already be married. But in this drama their is no mention of the Crown princess, or any casting for her character. They would probably put the crown princess or Queen Consort of Lee San halfway... sooooooooo :coolshades:

and that is my roundabout way of saying 'pardon, I really am not really sure. hahaha'

• Like 2

2PM’s Junho and Lee Se Young’s ‘The Red Sleeve Cuff’ Sold to More Than 20 Countries Ahead of Premiere in November

BY Shai Collins Oct 29, 2021 01:58 AM EDT

MBC's soon-to-release historical-romance drama "The Red Sleeve Cuff," starring 2PM's Junho and Lee Se Young, has been sold to over 20 countries.

MBC's 'The Red Sleeve Cuff' to be Available in America, Europe, Japan, and Taiwan

This 2021, tvN's "Doom at Your Service," "Vincenzo," "The Veil," "Now We Are Breaking Up," and more were sold to different countries overseas.

Then, on October 29, MBC's forthcoming drama "The Red Sleeve Cuff," which stars 2PM's Junho and Lee Se Young, is reported to have been sold to more than 20 countries before ahead of its premiere.

2PM Junho and Lee Se Young - The Red Sleeve Cuff Still

As "The Red Sleeve Cuff" is a highly-anticipated series, the romance drama achieved a victory of signing exclusive contracts to leading overseas channels, including major online streaming platforms in each region.

The Red Sleeve Cuff Still

"The Red Sleeve Cuff" was sold to some of the largest regions, specifically in America, Japan, Europe, and Taiwan. Other countries that bought the drama are yet to be confirmed.

It is expected that the drama will properly showcase the beauty and authenticity of K-historical dramas to global home channels amid the global success of Korean content.

Spoiler

The Red Sleeve Cuff

On the other hand, a representative from the production of "The Red Sleeve Cuff" expressed that the team was happy about the news. They were surprised by the massive interest of the viewers both in domestic and abroad.

In return, the representative added that the production team will do their best to release more compelling dramas soon.

T

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 8:01 PM, rocher22 said:

The Reading Session is beautiful...      :wub:

its interesting that they are doing this reading session, definitely an ode to the writer Kang MiKang. And also to hype up the novel fans...

I wonder what the writer thinks of this reading session of her novel

anyway here is the full and official release of above parts reading session

and here is MBC showing their line-up of young ML's of sagueks:

• Like 3

Guesting/Appearance Excerpts

Show: Radio Show 'Kim Shin-young's Hope Song at Noon'

Date: November 4, 2021

Place: MBC Building

Credits: Twitter --> @Ok_bingu @sillysone

• junho said that during the etiquette class the cast went to take, he really didn't have to do anything as he was the crown prince. he only has to respond (ok_bingu)
  • Kim Shinyoung said that MBC are known for historical dramas. 
  • WTH junho mentioned a TMI about when he received the script and how there are a lot of scenes of Yi San and Deok-Im at the book storage and one of them was kind of breathtaking. Junho was reading the script of that breathtaking scene while taking a bath.
  • a listener sent in for the viewer ratings promise, Junho and Seyoung should come again when it hits 7%. When it hits 10%, they should come in as special DJs. Then Junho revealed about the 15% rating he mentioned on radio star
  • a listener sent in that in order to act in melo dramas, Seyoung sets her phone wallpaper as the male actor. The listener asked what did seyoung put for junho. She revealed that she asked junho to send in a picture, but he got embarassed
  • the listener said that once she gets junho's picture, she should also reveal it on instagram
  • Kim Shinyoung said that if the ratings hit 10%, then the two come on as special dj. Once it hits 15%, Kim Shinyoung will send in a coffee truck
  • junho and kim shinyoung keep complimenting seyoung XX she's so embarrassed
  • kim shinyoung asked junho what is his phone wallpaper. he revealed his cats, then kim shinyoung what about woojin. Junho said woojin will always be in his heart.
Spoiler

• Seyoung said she's taking soccer, and having interest in boxing too. She wants to do it after filming is finished Eyes #LeeSeYoung
  • "Let's go to our palace!" - #LeeSeYoung Smiling face with open mouth and tightly-closed eyes
  • Junho said Seyoung is MBC's daughter Smiling face with open mouth and tightly-closed eyes #LeeSeYoung #LeeJunHo #TheRedSleeve
  • Junho is grateful to Seyoung for helping him a lot, but Seyoung said Junho really fits as a king! #LeeSeYoung #LeeJunHo #TheRedSleeve
  • Seyoung said there really is a lot of teasers for #TheRedSleeve lol
    • MBC really promotes this a lot Grinning face with smiling eyes
    • As well as the coffee truck from MBC? Junho said it's because Seyoung is MBC's daughter again Rolling on the floor laughing
  • Seyoung is aware of the talks in the book community(?) of those who wished for her to portray Seong Deok Im. She's grateful there were people who thought so.
    • She's made for this Smiling face #LeeSeYoung #TheRedSleeve
  • I think a fan(?) proposed for them to be special DJs if they hit 10%? Eyes
    • Pose if they get best couple award Smiling face with open mouth and tightly-closed eyes
      LET'S GET IT

• But Junho wants Seyoung to get the daesang(?) too Smiling face

• Junho praised Seyoung a lot Pleading face

Spoiler

• Thanks 1