[Drama 2021] Police University, 경찰수업

Lmangla

7ae55b1e625d465e88e32f175f4456b9.jpeg?s=

Krystal Gets Jealous Seeing Jinyoung And Kim Jae In Together On “Police University”

Aug 22, 2021
by E. Cha

There may be turbulence ahead for Krystal and Jinyoung’s budding romance on “Police University”!

“Police University” is a new KBS drama about the chaotic investigation that ensues when a professor at an elite police university teams up with his students—one of whom is a genius hacker. B1A4’s Jinyoung and f(x)’s Krystal star as university students Kang Sun Ho and Oh Kang Hee, while Cha Tae Hyun stars as passionate detective-turned-professor Yoo Dong Man.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Police University,” Kang Sun Ho tried to comfort Oh Kang Hee by surreptitiously covering up the hateful graffiti on her textbook with cute stickers, and he also managed to catch the culprit responsible for the malicious post about her mother. Meanwhile, Oh Kang Hee helped Kang Sun Ho with Professor Kwon Hyuk Pil (Lee Jong Hyuk)’s class by giving him a book about Miranda rights.

As the two students continued to grow closer to one another, Park Min Gyu (played by Chu Young Woo) emerged a rival for Oh Kang Hee’s affections. Confessing to Kang Sun Ho that he also liked Oh Kang Hee, he gravely told the other student that they couldn’t be friends and warned him, “I’m not going to play fair.”

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, it appears as though Kang Sun Ho and Oh Kang Hee’s relationship may face a new obstacle in the form of another romantic rival. The photos capture Kang Sun Ho and his judo club senior Yoon Na Rae (played by Kim Jae In) chatting together at night while carrying a bunch of heavy textbooks. Notably, Yoon Na Rae seems to have a fond look in her eyes as she gazes up at Kang Sun Ho, raising the question of whether she may have feelings for him.

When Oh Kang Hee happens to run into the two of them together, she is unable to hide her jealousy as she watches them with an unhappy expression.

Jinyoung5.jpg

Kim-Jae-In.jpg

Spoiler

Jinyoung-Jae-In.jpg

Krystal3.jpg

The producers of “Police University” teased, “Kang Sun Ho and Oh Kang Hee, who have been making viewers’ hearts flutter as something starts to develop between them, will face a new turning point due to unexpected characters. Please stay tuned to find out whether their romance will be able to successfully blossom.”

The next episode of “Police University” will air on August 23 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

In the meantime, catch up on previous episodes of the drama with subtitles below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1485000wpp/krystal-gets-jealous-seeing-jinyoung-and-kim-jae-in-together-on-police-university

• Like 2

e01d9c56ee69450ea01ebb17c33a8417.jpeg?s=

Watch: Jinyoung, Krystal, Yoo Young Jae, And More Get Affectionate On Set Of “Police University”

Aug 23, 2021
by S. Nam

KBS 2TV’s “Police University” released a new behind-the-scenes video!

The making-of video begins with B1A4’s Jinyoung and Cha Tae Hyun passionately acting. Jinyoung shows off the heart he makes with his fingers towards Cha Tae Hyun, while Cha Tae Hyun tries to swat away the flies that are distracting him. He comments, “They’ve all come to me.” Another fly comes in when Hong Soo Hyun opens the doors. Cha Tae Hyun asks, “How did the flies open the door and come in? That’s strange.”

In a different scene, B.A.P’s Yoo Young Jae pretends to faint on top of Jinyoung. Acting as if he’s been hit with a bullet, he states, “Don’t inform the enemies of my death.” Yoo Young Jae explains, “I should latch on to you like this.” Lee Dal and Yoo Young Jae playfully practice getting close to Jinyoung for their next scene.

Before the capture the flag battle takes place, Jinyoung carefully practices his lines with Lee Dal and Yoo Young Jae. When asked about how they feel, Yoo Young Jae shares, “First of all, I’m confident. Bum Tae (Lee Dal), we can do it!” Lee Dal adds, “Sun Ho (Jinyoung), I’ll believe only in you.” Jinyoung laughs and shares, “You can’t trust in me.” Yoo Young Jae explains that he’s not concerned while Jinyoung elaborates on how reliable Lee Dal and Yoo Young Jae are. The three resolve to crush the opposing team.

Later, f(x)’s Krystal and Jinyoung battle to see who can hold in their laughter better for the upcoming scene. Jinyoung tells Krystal, “You can’t laugh!” but Krystal comments, “You laughed first.” She explains how she naturally has lips that curve upwards into a smile. Jinyoung looks slightly confused, but Chu Young Woo agrees with Krystal that she has a naturally smiling face.

Cha Tae Hyun can’t stop waving before he leaves, getting excited by the loud cheers from the other actors. Lee Dal practically dances from happiness at the news of his character’s acceptance to the university. Jinyoung bursts out laughing while Yoo Young Jae moves away from him, commenting, “That’s too embarrassing.” Yoo Young Jae shares that he was confident that his character would get in, while Lee Dal explains how emotional it is because it’s his character’s third attempt. The three hug it out to celebrate their acceptance into the school.

Finally, Jinyoung shows off the stickers he chose for Krystal. He shares, “I hope Kang Hee (Krystal) likes it, but I hear her tastes are unique.” Cha Tae Hyun asks Jinyoung who he’s talking to, and Jinyoung explains that the making-of camera is present. Regarding her thoughts on the stickers, Krystal shares, “It’s cute.” She adds, “There’s one that’s my style. There was one shaped like a monster. He has good taste.”

Watch the full making-of video below!

[메이킹] 격하게 친해진 배우들의 수학여행급 꿀잼 케미ㅋㅋㅋ 장난기 가득한 3-4회 비하인드! [경찰수업] | KBS 방송

The next episode of “Police University” will air on August 23 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

In the meantime, catch up on previous episodes of the drama with subtitles below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1485034wpp/watch-jinyoung-krystal-yoo-young-jae-and-more-get-affectionate-on-set-of-police-university

• Like 2

7aa6504b1dfa402b98a57ed9c9ec5ccb.jpeg?s=

Krystal And Jinyoung Share Heart-Fluttering Moment In “Police University”

Aug 23, 2021
by D. Kim

“Police University” has unveiled new stills ahead of the next episode!

The KBS drama is about the chaotic investigation that ensues when a professor at an elite police university teams up with his students—one of whom is a genius hacker. Jinyoung and Krystal star as university students Kang Sun Ho and Oh Kang Hee, respectively, while Cha Tae Hyun stars as passionate detective-turned-professor Yoo Dong Man.

Spoilers

Previously, Kang Sun Ho and Oh Kang Hee got closer at the university as they supported and helped each other. However, as their romance began to blossom, Park Min Gyu (Chu Young Woo) also came in the picture as Kang Sun Ho’s rival for Oh Kang Hee’s heart.

In new stills released on August 23, Sun Ho is drunk and asleep in a storage room, and Kang Hee appears shocked at the situation. When he wakes up, she covers his mouth to silence him.

Sun Ho then grabs onto Kang Hee’s arms, closing the distance between them as they make heart-fluttering eye contact.

The drama’s production team commented, “It will be more fun if you watch while anticipating why Kang Sun Ho and Oh Kang Hee meet in the storage room, what kind of situation they get stuck in, and the story of them getting closer due to this incident.”

krystal-jinyoung.jpeg

Another set of images gives a glimpse of Yoo Dong Man and Kang Sun Ho meeting on a building rooftop.

Sun Ho previously agreed to work together with Dong Man on investigating a case. Contrasting from the tense vibes between them earlier, they seem to have warmed up to each other more.

The upcoming episode will show Dong Man being touched by Sun Ho’s sincere words, raising further anticipation for their partnership ahead.

cha-tae-hyun-jinyoung.jpeg

Episode 5 of “Police University” airs on August 23 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1485126wpp/krystal-and-jinyoung-share-heart-fluttering-moment-in-police-university

• Like 3

fbd8731d3de9450ea4db5e82d152ee4f.jpeg?s=

Cha Tae Hyun, Jinyoung, Krystal, And More Encounter Unexpected Trouble In “Police University”

Aug 24, 2021
by S. Nam

Trouble seems to be brewing in the upcoming episode of”Police University”!

The KBS drama is about the chaotic investigation that ensues when a professor at an elite police university teams up with his students—one of whom is a genius hacker. Jinyoung and Krystal star as university students Kang Sun Ho and Oh Kang Hee, respectively, while Cha Tae Hyun stars as passionate detective-turned-professor Yoo Dong Man.

Spoilers

Previously, Yoo Dong Man and Kang Sun Ho began to work together to investigate Park Cheol Jin’s (Song Jin Woo‘s) surprise attack incident, displaying smooth teamwork with their great chemistry. Romance was also in the air for Oh Kang Hee, who ended up sharing a kiss with a drunken Kang Sun Ho.

In the newly released stills, the students and professors are gathered together to partake in a fierce battle for the school’s sports festival. Oh Kang Hee looks even more dazzling beneath the sunlight, while Park Min Kyu (Chu Young Woo) burns bright with a competitive spirit and sharp gaze, highlighting the refreshing and youthful atmosphere.

Other stills preview trouble as Yoo Dong Man opens his eyes wide and Kang Sun Ho looks lost deep in thought. Noh Bum Tae (Lee Dal) in particular looks stupefied as he sits slumped down on the ground. Viewers are curious to find out what has occurred and whether the school will be able to safely wrap up the sports festival.

Police-University7.jpg

The production team shared, “The dark shadow that surrounds the police university will begin to reveal itself little by little in today’s episode. Please anticipate what crisis Yoo Dong Man and Kang Sun Ho will face and how the two will get through the unexpected urgent situation.”

Episode 6 of “Police University” will air on August 24 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Catch up with the drama below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1485253wpp/cha-tae-hyun-jinyoung-krystal-and-more-encounter-unexpected-trouble-in-police-university

• Like 2

Four OSTs have been released so far....

1. Winners

2. Like a Star

3. Get Ready

4. Love your Everything

However, so far only 3 OST MVs have been released..... let's enjoy the first 3 MVs first and the wonderful mood in this drama.....so love the energy of this drama...

• Like 2

"Police University" Cha Tae-hyung · Jin-young, unexpected telephone tapping device found

mn_1673_20210825091724_1.jpg

http://www.mmnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=1673

65a1969d53404cbead68f558fd9fc9cb.jpeg?s=

“Police University” Recovers With Rise In Ratings + “You Are My Spring” Ends On Modest Improvement

Aug 25, 2021
by C. Hong

“Police University” is back on an upward trajectory in viewership ratings!

According to Nielsen Korea, the August 24 episode of KBS’s “Police University” recorded average nationwide ratings of 8.3 percent. This is a significant improvement over last episode’s drop of 6.9 percent and puts it back on track with its personal best ratings of 8.5 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1485400wpp/police-university-recovers-with-rise-in-viewership-ratings-you-are-my-spring-ends

• Like 2

In my opinion the writers are forcing the romance angle instead of letting it develop naturally.

There was too much focus on the love angle in ep. 4 and less on what they should learn as police cadets. While there are scenes of Dong Man and Sun Ho planning to catch the culprit, most of the episode were on the romantic angle and rivalry.

Also, why make Ms. Baek a cartoon character. She looks like an off-the-wall witch. The characterization and acting was too much. Instead of making her scenes funny, they ended up cringey. I believe there are other ways to portray the off-beat character without turning into a caricature. Subtlety is better than outright exaggeration.

It would be nice to watch the development of Sun Ho as an ace detective with some form of love life on the side, instead of using his crush on Kang Hee as a means to botch his progress. It's already established that he does not have any experience dealing with females (even males, for that matter) because he used to keep to himself and only have some form of interaction with his friend, the son of his adoptive father. Likewise, it was established that it is his first time to have a crush. But it should not be the focus of the story, but rather the characters' development from being clueless cadets to outstanding police officers in a light, funny and entertaining ways.

I don't know. Maybe I am expecting too much from the show after watching too many police procedurals. But somehow some of the comedic scenes and dialogues of Ms. Baek, Joon Wook and company do not work for me.

I am really enjoying this so far. Some thoughts:

Why did Min-gyu blame Seon Ho for Kang-hee almost being in trouble. Kang-hee is the one to dragged him out of the bar and put herself in the position of taking care of drunk Seon Ho. If she hadn't then prob one of the guys at the dinner would have dragged him back to the male dorms. 

Seon-Ho/Kang-hee are cute. I enjoy their interactions. I also like the potential of the judo teacher and Dong-man. I don't mind the amount of show currently dedicated to romance, however I don't want it to increase either. I hope the love triangle doesn't drag on, but it probably will. 

I want more scenes with Dong-man/Seon-Ho. Their interactions are my favorite. From the preview my guess is Dong-man will push Seon-Ho away at some point, because he is worried about the danger. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

I am really enjoying this so far. Some thoughts:

Why did Min-gyu blame Seon Ho for Kang-hee almost being in trouble. Kang-hee is the one to dragged him out of the bar and put herself in the position of taking care of drunk Seon Ho. If she hadn't then prob one of the guys at the dinner would have dragged him back to the male dorms. 

Seon-Ho/Kang-hee are cute. I enjoy their interactions. I also like the potential of the judo teacher and Dong-man. I don't mind the amount of show currently dedicated to romance, however I don't want it to increase either. I hope the love triangle doesn't drag on, but it probably will. 

I want more scenes with Dong-man/Seon-Ho. Their interactions are my favorite. From the preview my guess is Dong-man will push Seon-Ho away at some point, because he is worried about the danger. 

The only explanation for Min-gyu blaming Seonho is because he only wants to protect Kanghee, no logical reason.  To get Kanghee expelled just because she was helping Seonho to return to the dorm was something unthinkable for him.   Also, since Seonho is his rival in love, picking Seonho to blame would be something that came naturally in a competitive situtation.   In a way, he was also unhappy that Kanghee dragged Seonho away but his crush for her was so deep, would he blame her?  Unlikely.

I think the PD really have a good way to film the lovebirds pretty well and all the imagination scenes were fun and hilarious.  Kanghee was so appalled by her own halllucinations....   The Judo teacher is really cute....she is like a cupid for the young couple yet for herself, she could ony look at dongman adoringly.   

I look forward to the next episode as the investigation gets deeper. :approves:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, reddragon said:

In my opinion the writers are forcing the romance angle instead of letting it develop naturally.

There was too much focus on the love angle in ep. 4 and less on what they should learn as police cadets. While there are scenes of Dong Man and Sun Ho planning to catch the culprit, most of the episode were on the romantic angle and rivalry.

Also, why make Ms. Baek a cartoon character. She looks like an off-the-wall witch. The characterization and acting was too much. Instead of making her scenes funny, they ended up cringey. I believe there are other ways to portray the off-beat character without turning into a caricature. Subtlety is better than outright exaggeration.

It would be nice to watch the development of Sun Ho as an ace detective with some form of love life on the side, instead of using his crush on Kang Hee as a means to botch his progress. It's already established that he does not have any experience dealing with females (even males, for that matter) because he used to keep to himself and only have some form of interaction with his friend, the son of his adoptive father. Likewise, it was established that it is his first time to have a crush. But it should not be the focus of the story, but rather the characters' development from being clueless cadets to outstanding police officers in a light, funny and entertaining ways.

I don't know. Maybe I am expecting too much from the show after watching too many police procedurals. But somehow some of the comedic scenes and dialogues of Ms. Baek, Joon Wook and company do not work for me.

Based on your claim, I went to watch Ep4 again.

Spoiler

Ep 4 started with Dongman and Seonho debating on whether he should help Dongman if hacking is not regarded as a right practice.  Then Seonho was still very upset during mealtime mulling over what Dongman had said.  Next he was in the lecture theatre waiting for Dongman's investigation lecture.  While waiting, Kanghee thought he was upset from the previous lesson by the other professor and they spoke about the protection of citizens relating to the previous lecture they attended..  Then new of Prof Dongman skipping the lesson came and next scene was Dongman talking to his ex-Chief about the gambling case at a park.  

Then it was the fair of various clubs recruiting members where kanghee and min-kyu decided to try for the same club.  Next was lesson at the shooting range where the two guys were mesmerized by the officer demonstrating her marksmanship.

The library scene discussing Miranda's principle for the law class.  Seonho was stunned by the touch of kanghee's hands.  Min-kyu saw and was unhappy.  Bamtae declaring war with JunWook.  Min-kyu declaring war with Seonho.

Background info at court of how Min-kyu met Janghee at her mom's trial.

Kanghee's rumours started...  Room inspection by Ms Baek.  More kanghee's rumours and how kanghee has to deal with all the whispers around her.   Dongman was trying to cancel his class again.  Dispute between the 2 professors.  Dongman having a talk with the Uni Chief.  Dongman saw the muddy wheels car and visited Chul Jin in the hospital.

Kanghee found her textbook being attacked with malicious words...and threw it downstair hitting Seongho on the head.

Seonho was trying to use the correction tape without success and went to buy stickers.  He bumped into Dongman who told him to forgot about his suggestion.

Gossiping and bullying of kanghee by a group.  Kanghee and mom's dispute outside the uni was uploaded.  Seonho saw kanghee walking out upset, he went to his room, pondering if he should help her.  Meanwhile, Kanghee's roommate went out to console her by chatting with her and eating ice-cream with her.  They realised the malicious post was deleted.

Kanghee found her textbook was mended with cute stickers and called Seonho and chatted about the book and went on to talk about protection of others....kanghee shared how she tried to protect her mom by testifying against her and her accomplice.  As her mom was poor, she would take all the blame if she did not testify.  Then Seonho thought about his hacking of money for his dad's surgery and Dongman's request for him to do hacking to help him as Chul Jin was injured.  Seonho realised that what Kanghee did was the best option at that point and did not think it was wrong.  Kanghee felt comforted to be understood.  Seonho asked Kanghee to go ahead on her own and he proceeded to visit Dongman.

Dongman was checking all the carcams at that time and had no time for Seonho so Seonho tagged along with him.  Dongman got the carcam recording that he wanted. They found the car that Dongman was looking for.  Bam Tae wondered where SH was and saw the Miranda Principe that Seonho was researching on.  Dongman drove SH to a provincial ageny to look for the chief Han there.  Chief Han has requested for Dongman to join his agency.  He tested the Chief to see his reactions on saying that the culprit who injured chul jin was caught.   Here, Seonho learned something from Dongman on investigations but it was only circumstantial evidence. Then they went to see chul jin where signs of chul jin waking up was observed.  DM asked SH what he wanted to ask and SH said he got his answer already...  SH reflecting DM's words in his bed.....  "Protect them and Catch them"...  and told SH that if he wanted to be able to do that, he needed to toughen up physically.

Morning run and the two new arch rivals are fighting over the marksmanship officer.  SH asked if they wanted to court that girl...  Judo teacher waiting in the judo gym without any students...recruitment failed...  then the trio appeared to learn judo as they want to build their physical strength.  Junwook, being Mr Popular, had many SNS photos, sent SH photos for him to investigate who uploaded the picture to tarnish KH's image.  

SH went to the library to approach the culprit and confirmed that it was him.  SH used what DM showed him to uncover this guy's misdeed.  It was all in his face at that instant!  He did it to get KH out of the running for the remaining two seats in the council club.   Kanghee went to withdraw her application for the CC because she did not want to be disqualfied based on unfair and ridiculous reasons.  Min-kyu saw and smiled.

DM received a call and saw the car in the car park again.  SH asked what club KH joined and she said PR club...and SH said recruitment will increase with her in the club and she said she would make it competitive to get in.  Then the interesting class of Miranda's principle started and SH made an impressive explanation of how everyone should be protected under the legal framework and the Professor endorsed what he said was right to have a legal mind.

Chul Jin woke up but DM discovered that he had lost partial of his memory.  He could not remember what happened on the night he was attacked.  SH went to find DM and DM was at the car park....at that point DM saw the car plate and chased after the carand SH chased after him....DM recalled the professor asking him to leave university.  SH caught up with DM and explained that he could help him not as hacker Yoon...but as a student of the university to protect people....

I have chronologically narrated the story in the spoiler and could not find evidence of focus on love angle.  In fact there were many learning points in Ep 4 for these students not linked to romantic relationship:

1.  SH does not want to do anything illegal

2. His struggle with DM's request

3. How SH learn field investigation techniques from DM

4. Spreading of rumours and bullying of Kanghee by the same people they study with

5. Competitive fight for a club placement using underhand methods

6. The friendship shown by Kanghee's roommate 

7. Kangjee protecting her mom, Sh protecting his father and DM protecting Chul Jin.....everyone has someone they need to protect and make difficult decisions.

8.  Use of Miranda's principle by SH to support his point to protect rights.

9. The need to build strength in order to carry out real investigations....and to protect and catch

10. SH found his answer to how he can help DM.

Sorry my bad if I have been posting their romance chemistry here because I like the chemistry of this couple.   In reality , this drama has a solid story of many aspects in the lives of these youths growing together in the university.

• Blob 2