[Drama 2021] Police University, 경찰수업

Lmangla

Enjoyed the first 2 episodes. One thing I don't like is Cha Tae Hyun's tendency to over act. And his acting here is similar to his other dramas where he played a police officer or a detective.

Jinyoung is as usual, cool and expressive. You can really empathize with him.

Krystal is smiling in some of the scenes. That's good to see, as it breaks the monotony of seeing a perpetually scowling face.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Cha Tae Hyun, Jinyoung, and Krystal Display Perfect Synergy in Exclusive Behind-The-Scenes of New Drama ‘Police University’ + Unveils New Stills

BY Elijah Mully Aug 12, 2021 

police-university.jpg?w=900

(Photo : KBS Official SNS)

KBS2's new coming-of-age romantic comedy series "Police University" released an exclusive sneak peek behind the scenes of the two previous episodes of the new drama.

"Police University" stars "Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds" actor Cha Tae Hyun, B1A4 member and "Love in the Moonlight" actor Jung Jinyoung, and f(x) member and "Sweet & Sour" actress Krystal Jung. The trio showed great chemistry on the small screen as students and professors who are co-existing in the harsh world of police officers and aspiring police officers alike.

Cha Tae Hyun, Jinyoung, and Krystal Display Perfect Synergy in New Drama 'Police University'

On August 12, the new drama "Police University" released the behind-the-scenes videos of episodes one and two which aired on the 9th and 10th day of August.

Spoiler

police-university-poster.jpg?w=600?w=650

'Police University' Poster
(Photo : KBS Drama)

The much-awaited drama started off great and reached a blissful viewership rating of 5.2 percent on its pilot episode, succeeded by a new record of 6.5 percent on the second episode.

In the released video, the delicate directing skills and unconventional developments were shown. Clearly, one of the reasons for the success of the first two episodes of the drama is the perfectly curated directing skills of Yoo Gwan Mo.

Spoiler

police-university.jpg?w=600?w=650

'Police University'
(Photo : KBS)

Cha Tae Hyun, Jinyoung, and Krystal perfectly synchronized with their respective characters and gave their superb acting skills and perfect synergy during the filming.

Veteran actor Cha Tae Hyun worked systematically with Jinyoung and Choi Woo Sung, who is Jinyoung's adoptive brother in the drama. The three men showed their intense action skills and deep emotions, which created a great atmosphere and result for the drama.

Spoiler

cha-tae-hyun-as-yoo-dong-man-in-police-u

Cha Tae Hyun as Yoo Dong Man in Police University

On the other hand, Krystal read the script and showed off her extreme passion for acting. In order to portray the role of her character, she even learned Judo which made her synchronize a hundred percent with her character.

Spoiler

krystal-jung-in-police-university.jpg?w=

Krystal Jung in 'Police University'

Despite her rough and frigid character and charismatic seriousness during filming, actress Krystal always jokes around and has a bright smile on her face.

While filming the famous scene in the pilot episode where Krystal threw Jinyoung across the room, the actress applauded her co-star for perfectly performing the wire and harness scene brilliantly, showing off their great chemistry on and off-screen.

On the other hand, Jinyoung creates a pleasant atmosphere and a great impression on his fellow actors. He immerses in his emotions and character as soon as filming starts. Jinyoung always carries out his scenes perfectly, while still including even the smallest details and facial expressions.

Spoiler

police-university.jpg?w=600?w=650

'Police University'

With this, fans and avid Korean drama viewers immediately fell in love with the drama series and its unconventional yet quirky characters. The dazzling dynamics of the actors entice the viewers to look forward to the next episodes of "Police University".

Jinyoung Shows Off His Youthful Aura in New 'Police University' Stills
"Police University" released a new set of stills featuring the vibrant and youthful glow of B1A4 member and actor Jinyoung.

Spoiler

police-university-still-cuts.jpg?w=600?w

'Police University' Still Cuts

The "Police University" actor displayed his glowing visuals while wearing his middle school's uniform.

Jinyoung plays the role of an 18-year-old police student in Korean National Police University despite actually living in his early 30s.

Spoiler

One of the easiest to love characters in the new drama is Jinyoung's character, Kang Seon Ho. Because of this, fans' clamor and excitement are raised on a different level. Viewers couldn't wait to watch the new drama's succeeding episodes to see more of him.

'Police University' Synopsis and Further Details

Spoiler

"Police University," tells the stories of students and professors' day-to-day lives in National Police University as professor Yoo Dong Man (Cha Tae Hyun) teams up with his students Kang Seon Ho (Jinyoun) and Oh Kang Hee (Krystal) in a collaborative investigation.

B.A.P.'s Yoo Youngjae, rookie actors Lee Dal, Chu Young Woo, "A Gentleman's Dignity" actor Lee Jong Hyuk, and actress Hong Soo Hyun also appear in the drama series.

"Police University" airs every Monday and Tuesday at 9:30 p.m. KST on KBS2.

Watch the exclusive behind-the-scenes here:

[메이킹] 액션 연기에 열정 만수르인 경찰수업 배우들★ 서로 웃느라 정신없는 1-2회 비하인드!ㅋㅋㅋ [경찰수업] | KBS 방송

Follow KDramastars for more Kdrama, KMovie, and celebrity news updates!

KDramastars owns this article.

Written by Elijah Mully.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/121549/20210812/cha-tae-hyun-jinyoung-krystal-display-perfect-synergy-exclusive-behind.htm

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, reddragon said:

Enjoyed the first 2 episodes. One thing I don't like is Cha Tae Hyun's tendency to over act. And his acting here is similar to his other dramas where he played a police officer or a detective.

Jinyoung is as usual, cool and expressive. You can really empathize with him.

Krystal is smiling in some of the scenes. That's good to see, as it breaks the monotony of seeing a perpetually scowling face.

I agree but I always see Cha Tae Hyun as the mood setter and comical relief in his roles.  So I can somehow accept his exaggerated ways....it's also to express his passion and loudness as detective Yoo Dongman in this drama.

For Jinyoung, you echoed my same sentiments...can empathize with him....in whatever role he acted in, you could basically flow with him into his character....that's why I see him as a great actor.   And every new character he acted in, I did not see his previous characters in it....of course unless there are same characteristics...otherwise no...

I am new to Krystal, never seen her dramas or movies before.  She looks really pretty and strong-willed as Oh Kanghee.  And I observe that her coupling chemistry with Jinyoung is pretty good too....I feel comfortable watching their blooming romance

.:sparklyeyes:I really look forward to Episode 3!!

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Cha Tae Hyun's character was annoying.... he is loud and terrible... 

why would you arrest the 2 boys when youre the one who accidently hit their car, with your reckless and dangerous driving.. ?  You did not pay anything to them, to compensate them for their father's surgery,  and u dared to raised your voice about stealing money from the bad guys, which you cant even arrest!

makes my blood boil to see his character bullying Jinyoung in this first 2 episodes... 

Reckless and stupid detective...his heart maybe there but, nah... annoying character

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Cha Tae Hyun's character was annoying.... he is loud and terrible... 

why would you arrest the 2 boys when youre the one who accidently hit their car, with your reckless and dangerous driving.. ?  You did not pay anything to them, to compensate them for their father's surgery,  and u dared to raised your voice about stealing money from the bad guys, which you cant even arrest!

makes my blood boil to see his character bullying Jinyoung in this first 2 episodes... 

Reckless and stupid detective...his heart maybe there but, nah... annoying character

Yes I agree his character is super annoying..kekeke.    I believe the scriptwriter deliberately wanted an annoying Yoo Dongman to contrast with the meek and dreamless Kang Seonho.    CTH's  character believes in being righteous but sometimes he has taken this righteousness overboard like gate-crashing the ceremony of rewarding model police officers and creating a fiasco there.   That was a show of how erratic he could be when catching criminals was the activity top on his list rather than celebrating achievements.   That was, however, a freak incident where his colleague was attacked in the police station by a criminal while the ceremony was going on.

I think his character is pretty realistic as well as there are mainly 2 types of policemen, the field experts with action type like Yoo Dongman and the strategist type like Kang Kwon Joo in drama series Voice.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

15 hours ago, K-dramafan22 said:

I think his character is pretty realistic as well as there are mainly 2 types of policemen, the field experts with action type like Yoo Dongman and the strategist type like Kang Kwon Joo in drama series Voice.

Hmm.. not sure about that... just like the army, the police is all about discipline, especially when it involves a superior officer... and korea as we know it,  is a very status conscious society... more like reckless detective who deserve a desk job so he wouldnt put his force into shame...

Ive watch enough HK police dramas when i was young to think that the police would/should not act so rashly... hahhaa... i dont know...

To watch him being annoying again in the next episode.. seems tiring... sigh...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

To watch him being annoying again in the next episode.. seems tiring... sigh...

I agree with you. He was pretty annoying in the first 2 episodes. Cha Tae Hyun always plays a similar type of cop. :D

I am sure he will start changing little by little. Remember that his online friend is like his only friend. And he needs him too. So, am sure we'll slowly see some changes happening. :kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

I am sure he will start changing little by little. Remember that his online friend is like his only friend. And he needs him too. So, am sure we'll slowly see some changes happening. :kiss_wink:

Im sure that's the aim of the show eventually ...and how they becomes best friend of sorts later on.... i expected that in the drama...but to see him overreact in things that he does, and his messy hair... urghhhhhh :angry:

:D

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

2 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Im sure that's the aim of the show eventually ...and how they becomes best friend of sorts later on.... i expected that in the drama...but to see him overreact in things that he does, and his messy hair... urghhhhhh :angry:

Yeah the hair. :D

Also, do you think they showed young abs in the opening scene of ep 1 in order to compensate for the fact that Cha Tae Hyun's character stripteased in a later scene?

• LOL 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

There was a scene where the fellow detective asked Dong Man if he's acting that way because of the man who died before because of him. Could it be the father of Seon Ho? It wasn't explained how his dad died, only that Taek Il, the father of Seung Bum, took his and raised him as his son.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

20 hours ago, partyon said:

Yeah the hair. :D

Also, do you think they showed young abs in the opening scene of ep 1 in order to compensate for the fact that Cha Tae Hyun's character stripteased in a later scene?

Did they, i cant remember... lol...

The drama is needs, how to say, ^acquired taste^.... to continue after  the annoying CTH.. sorry to his fans.. like really...:D

5 hours ago, reddragon said:

There was a scene where the fellow detective asked Dong Man if he's acting that way because of the man who died before because of him. Could it be the father of Seon Ho? It wasn't explained how his dad died, only that Taek Il, the father of Seung Bum, took his and raised him as his son.

Maybe... could be... B) many possibilities to link them to some history?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

2c45d10e229f4bd9bd08bf0ad95ec6bf.jpeg?s=

Cha Tae Hyun Is Flustered By Hong Soo Hyun’s Sudden Embrace In “Police University”

Aug 15, 2021

by E. Cha

Get ready for a “close encounter” between Cha Tae Hyun and Hong Soo Hyun on the next episode of “Police University”!

“Police University” is a new KBS drama about the chaotic investigation that ensues when a professor at an elite police university teams up with his students—one of whom is a genius hacker. B1A4‘s Jinyoung and f(x)‘s Krystal star as university students Kang Sun Ho and Oh Kang Hee, while Cha Tae Hyun stars as passionate detective-turned-professor Yoo Dong Man.

In a new sneak peek of the drama’s upcoming episode, Yoo Dong Man is caught off guard by an unexpected embrace from fellow professor Choi Hee Soo (played by Hong Soo Hyun) in the gym. Choi Hee Soo previously showed interest in Yoo Dong Man as she watched the new professor train their latest recruits, making viewers curious as to how the two police officers’ relationship will evolve in the future.

The newly released stills from the third episode capture the normally confident Yoo Dong Man looking amusingly flustered while talking to the judo expert. In contrast to Yoo Dong Man, whose eyes nervously dart back and forth throughout their interaction, Choi Hee Soo looks entirely relaxed as she smiles self-assuredly at the other professor.

Hong-Soo-Hyun.jpg

Cha-Tae-Hyun-21.jpg

The producers of “Police University” commented, “Our drama is made up of a wide array of characters encompassing multiple generations, from young students taking their first steps into society to the professors who are guiding and teaching them. Through these unique characters who are all entirely different from one another, we will not only deliver laughs but also tell a relatable story that the whole family can enjoy watching together. Please continue to show a lot of interest in our drama in the future as well.”

The next episode of “Police University” will air on August 16 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1483791wpp/cha-tae-hyun-is-flustered-by-hong-soo-hyuns-sudden-embrace-in-police-university

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Stills from today's episode:

E85Bm82VoAcKxsE?format=jpg&name=medium

E85BwKjVIAIlecL?format=jpg&name=medium

E85BwYFVcAASftg?format=jpg&name=medium

cr: @krystclass

Production team: "On tonight's episode, Kang Seonho will surprise the viewers with his straighforward ment/words to Oh Kanghee, so please anticipate it."

cr: @krystclass

cant-wait-excited.gif

• Like 3
  • Blob 1