Navel Piercing Thinning Out

Guest bbyjen_x

Guest bbyjen_x

i got my bellybutton pierced abt 7 months ago.. and since then it seems like the amount of skin between the piercing has shrunk a lot. :T im scared tht this means my body is rejecting it. it seems pretty healed but idk if the skin is gonna keep thinning out. is this normal? has anyone who had their bellybutton pierced experienced this too??

that's what happened to me and the guy that pierced me said my body was rejecting it. I suggest you take it out or it's just going to keep pushing it until it pushes out itself.

Guest darling

you should definitely take it out so it can heal. i had an industrial piercing and my ear totally rejected one side of it, so there was a little bit of skin only holding it in and this girl accidentally pulled on it, and it just pulled out. on my ear on that spot it still has a little dent in it, it was pretty big the first few months but healed by now. but you can still see it. i don't care so much since it's on my ear but if you don't want that happening to your bellybutton, i suggest you take it out o-o

Guest sungaaah

yupp take it out asap

you never know when itll

catch on something

and rip out >.<

plus .. you can always get

it repierced later, which is what

im planning to do soon

Guest Kirei_BoA

as others said, your body is rejecting the jewelry, so you have to take it out. however the next time you pierce your belly it'll be more painful apparently because it's on the scar.

Guest malevolent.

as others said, your body is rejecting the jewelry, so you have to take it out. however the next time you pierce your belly it'll be more painful apparently because it's on the scar.

Not unless she gets it repierced like a year later.

Guest yuriheartsu

that happened to me. i kept it in and eventually the skin thinned out so much that in the shower my bellybutton ring just fell out... so might as well take it out now while you still can. and that was the second time i got it pierced..

so.. if it rejects it the first time.. most likey.. <maybe not always> it will reject it again

Guest mimayyy

arGH mine just kept thinning out and i eventually took it out but now there's this ugly hideous scar & the whole hole is like purplish & its been almost 2 years now & the scar STILL won't go away ..... I'm guessing this is permanent ? I totally regret piercing it in the first place :ph34r: T_T haha sorry I ws js kina rambling and not helping but I'd agree with the others, take it out as soon as possible

Guest joolee.

How do you tell if its thinning or whatsoever? I'm kinda scared the same thing is happening to mine. The top part sticks out about 0.5 cm sometimes. O.o

Guest rebelyon5anghel

i didn't know your body could reject studs. O.O

i've had my piercing for 1 year and a half.

and it still looks the same. maybe just a teeny bit thinner.

Guest La_JANE

is this a common thing?? :crazy: i was thinking of getting my belly pierced..but now, im not so sure! :blink: hahahhaha i totally heard about this too from this girl..but i thought it was uncommon.

to the people reading this thread who WANT to get it done,

as far as i'm aware,

most of the girls i know who have gotten their belly buttons pierced have not had to take their piercing out.

that's a good 12 or more girls.

to the poster,

yeah, you should take it out, though.

my friend MIGHT have had the samet hing happen to her,

only hers was trying to get the piercing out;;; o _ o so maybe it was different HAHA.

take it out, though

Guest ~Shelly~

is this a common thing?? :crazy: i was thinking of getting my belly pierced..but now, im not so sure! :blink: hahahhaha i totally heard about this too from this girl..but i thought it was uncommon.

Well it's relatively common but majority of people whom has had their navel piercings don't need to take it out. Don't worry too much about it, get it done if you want to but remember there's always that risk. Hell there's always risks with majority of things you can do...

Archived