[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Night Wanderer / The Night Traveler 夜旅人 -Starring Deng Lun and NiNi

madmad min

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Night Wanderer / The Night Traveler 夜旅人 -Starring Deng Lun and NiNi

Article written by Dramapotatoe <Biggest Cbiz News Account on Twitter> stating why Night Wanderer is one of the most anticipated Republican dramas to hopefully air in 2022.

https://dramapotatoe.com/upcoming-2022-c-dramas-preview-part-one-historical-and-period-dramas/

Night Wanderer 《夜旅人》

FEIiZ1zVUAARbB6?format=jpg&name=large

Streaming platform: iQIYI
Leads: Deng Lun, Ni Ni
Why it’s anticipated: Deng Lun finally makes his return to dramaland + Ni Ni as female lead + Republican time travel (and beautiful outfits) = a lot of excited people. The promotional materials released so far promises a beautiful, probably angst-filled romance between two people who live in different time periods, and we’re excited to see how they overcome space and time to be together. (The story is said to take place in both the Republican era and modern times, but we’re including it here given that a large amount of filming leaks show the leads in Republican styling.) 

• Like 1

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 7:44 PM, ElleSor said:

Yes, I am so looking forward to Deng Lun again.

As for Nini, same!

I loved her on The Rise of Phoenixes.

NiNi is a fabulous actress , IMO the best in 85-90's generation, it's just that I feel she is lesser known as compared to likes of YangMi/ZhaoLiying but acting wise she leaves them far behind I think. 

The Deng Ni combo might be one of the best acting wise in recent years cbiz can give. So eagerly waiting.

On 1/15/2022 at 1:18 AM, madmad min said:

NiNi is a fabulous actress , IMO the best in 85-90's generation, it's just that I feel she is lesser known as compared to likes of YangMi/ZhaoLiying but acting wise she leaves them far behind I think. 

The Deng Ni combo might be one of the best acting wise in recent years cbiz can give. So eagerly waiting.

You know, I believe you are right that she is a really great actress. 

TRoP was the only time I saw her and I was impressed. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Night Wanderer / The Night Traveler 夜旅人 -Starring Deng Lun and NiNi
  • 3 weeks later...

This news seriously left me devastated quite a bit as I am big fan of Deng Lun and I like Ni Ni's acting too.

I was so looking forward to this drama and now this happened.

I hope it will more like Fan Bing Bing's case but I think things will be different now.

"Since last year, China has implemented laws and regulations on banning entertainment workers with bad track records and commit crimes, especially tax evasion, from working in the industry again".

Quoted from 38jiejie.com https://38jiejie.com/2022/03/15/deng-luns-social-media-accounts-removed-and-sponsorships-terminated-after-being-found-guilty-of-tax-evasion/

https://38jiejie.com/2021/09/03/chinas-nrta-issues-8-new-commandments-to-curb-improper-practices-in-entertainment-industry/

Hopefully, luck will be on his side and get away easier with just paying fines like Fan Bing Bing. :crybaby: