[Drama 2022] Tracer, 트레이서

larus

Im Siwan’s New Drama “Tracer” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings + “Now We Are Breaking Up” Heads Into Finale On Boost

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 8, 2022
by E. Cha

MBC’s new drama “Tracer” is off to an impressive start!

On January 7, “Tracer” premiered at the top of its time slot as it took over for the hit historical drama “The Red Sleeve,” which came to an end last week. According to Nielsen Korea, the first episode of the new drama starring Im Siwan and Go Ah Sung scored an average nationwide rating of 7.4 percent, making it the most-watched Friday-Saturday drama of the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1507488wpp/im-siwans-new-drama-tracer-premieres-to-no-1-ratings-now-we-are-breaking-up-heads-into-finale-on-boost

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ferily said:

Where can you watch this drama? I didn’t see it on Viki or Netflix..

I am trying to find it somewhere to watch too?  All the ones I have seen with the eps are still in the original raw form:mellow: 

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

Soompi Forums Awards (Poll #2): The best streaming dramas, c-dramas, daily/weekend dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now you can also vote for your favorite 2021:

• Daily/weekend dramas
  • C-dramas
  • Streaming dramas (ie dramas that only appeared on streaming sites like Netflix)

milk-and-mocha-cute.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

There is no subs yet.

Meanwhile, MBC’s “Tracer” achieved its highest viewership ratings yet with its third episode, which earned a nationwide average of 8.6 percent and remained the most-watched Friday-Saturday drama of the evening.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/through-the-darkness-premieres-to-promising-ratings-as-tracer-soars-to-new-all-time-high/#ixzz7I0LtIzDv

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LittleHuman2709 said:

Too bad that I'm a huge fan of both Go Ah Sung and Im Siwan but still until the second week no subteam has picked up this drama yet to sub

It is a pity that we don`t find subtitles for this drama anywhere. I did not expected.

Kim Nam Gil’s “Through The Darkness” Premieres To Promising Ratings As “Tracer” Soars To New All-Time High

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 15, 2022
by E. Cha

Meanwhile, MBC’s “Tracer” achieved its highest viewership ratings yet with its third episode, which earned a nationwide average of 8.6 percent and remained the most-watched Friday-Saturday drama of the evening.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1508457wpp/kim-nam-gils-through-the-darkness-premieres-to-promising-ratings-as-tracer-soars-to-new-all-time-high

2 hours ago, LittleHuman2709 said:

Too bad that I'm a huge fan of both Go Ah Sung and Im Siwan but still until the second week no subteam has picked up this drama yet to sub :( 

There are Chinese subs.  But my Chinese is conversational at best and the drama has a lot of jargon (tax/law) which throws me off.  And the subs flash past too quick.  I tried to watch Ep1 (just the beginning).  It’s an interesting premise.  From what I can gather, SiWan’s dad was framed (?) when he tried to take on some big company (dug too deep into their affairs?).  He was sent to prison (probably rigged) for 8 years. SiWan was a teenager then.  He was bitter that his dad couldn’t let go of his work and left his mom and he to fend for themselves all that time.  Scene opens with that as a flashback.  Then we see SiWan at a crime scene.  His dad’s car had gone off a cliff.  The police seemed keen to pin it down as suicide.  But it’s suspicious.  FL shows up  at his dad’s funeral.  She can’t believe his dad committed suicide.  But there’s obviously some bad blood between them.  SiWan grudgingly takes the case from where his dad left off?  That’s about as far as I got.  :lol:

SiWan is at his brooding best.  And I like the FL Go AhSung too.  I hope someone subs it in English soon.  It looks like an interesting watch.

• Like 3

MBC’s “Tracer,” which airs in the same time slot as “Through the Darkness,” fell to an average nationwide rating of 7.7 percent for its fourth episode.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/through-the-darkness-and-the-king-of-tears-lee-bang-won-records-their-highest-ratings-yet-as-snowdrop-sees-dip/#ixzz7I6bkrU00

• Thanks 1

On 1/15/2022 at 5:20 PM, nrllee said:

There are Chinese subs.  But my Chinese is conversational at best and the drama has a lot of jargon (tax/law) which throws me off.  And the subs flash past too quick.  I tried to watch Ep1 (just the beginning).  It’s an interesting premise.  From what I can gather, SiWan’s dad was framed (?) when he tried to take on some big company (dug too deep into their affairs?).  He was sent to prison (probably rigged) for 8 years. SiWan was a teenager then.  He was bitter that his dad couldn’t let go of his work and left his mom and he to fend for themselves all that time.  Scene opens with that as a flashback.  Then we see SiWan at a crime scene.  His dad’s car had gone off a cliff.  The police seemed keen to pin it down as suicide.  But it’s suspicious.  FL shows up  at his dad’s funeral.  She can’t believe his dad committed suicide.  But there’s obviously some bad blood between them.  SiWan grudgingly takes the case from where his dad left off?  That’s about as far as I got.  :lol:

SiWan is at his brooding best.  And I like the FL Go AhSung too.  I hope someone subs it in English soon.  It looks like an interesting watch.

Thank you for the summary. It just kind of making me anxiously waiting for the sub more T.T I don't speak Chinese so Chinese sub is a big no to me. I guess we will probably have to wait until the end of the series then. Go AhSung's latest drama - Crime Puzzle was subbed during its last airing week too, I think. Anyway I'm guessing the recent for the lack of English sub for this series is probably due to tax/business terminology :'(

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, LittleHuman2709 said:

Thank you for the summary. It just kind of making me anxiously waiting for the sub more T.T I don't speak Chinese so Chinese sub is a big no to me. I guess we will probably have to wait until the end of the series then. Go AhSung's latest drama - Crime Puzzle was subbed during its last airing week too, I think. Anyway I'm guessing the recent for the lack of English sub for this series is probably due to tax/business terminology :'(

Other things I gathered from Ep1.

- SiWan’s dad was investigating a company PQ which led to his incarceration and then later demise.

- SiWan was originally a successful accountant in a private firm when he suddenly decided to quit after his dad’s death.  He joined the Tax department (I think he did this to carry on where his dad left off) to investigate tax fraud.

- Go AhSung’s character seemed apologetic to SiWan at his dad’s funeral.  I get the feeling she unknowingly caused his death (to be confirmed).  It sounded like she provided further intel which lured him back to investigating the company again after he was freed from jail (which resulted in his death - police seemed quick to presume it was suicide).  

Here they are on Knowing Brothers - SiWan is phenomenal on the Rubiks Cube :blink:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

On 1/16/2022 at 12:23 PM, nrllee said:

Here they are on Knowing Brothers - SiWan is phenomenal on the Rubiks Cube :blink:

Saw on of the BTS of Melancholia, Lee Bo Hyun is also good and fast in solving the rubiks cube...if both of them are together.. i wonders who is faster...hehe..

Good to know that the sub episodes are put for Tracer..

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote videos. Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1