[Drama 2022] Tracer, 트레이서

larus

Casting Lee Jeong-sik, working with Im Si-wan, Go Ah-seong, Son Hyeon-joo, and Park Yong-woo in 'Tracer' [Official]

2021121741495911.jpg

Rookie Jeongsik Lee has been cast in Wave's original 'Tracer' (Screenwriter: Hyeonjeong Kim, Director: Seungyoung Lee, Producer: Westworld Story).

Actor Lee Jung-sik confirmed his appearance in Wave's original 'Tracer', which is expected to color the first start in 2022, heralding an intense acting transformation.

‘Tracer’, which deals with the background of the National Tax Service, is an exhilarating chase action drama depicting the unstoppable activity of a virulent man who rolls into the 5 tax bureaus called the ‘Trash Dump’, a place that is scarier than a judge for some people.

The news of the joining of actors Im Si-wan, Go Ah-seong, Son Hyeon-joo, and Park Yong-woo, who are trusted with writer Kim Hyun-jung and director Lee Seung-young, is making the hearts of drama fans flutter by realizing the birth of a thrilling masterpiece.

In the midst of this, Lee Jung-sik takes on the role of 'Kim Young-tae', Im Si-wan's friend and prosecutor, in the play, and shows an impactful performance.

He is a friend of Hwang Dong-joo (Im Si-wan) and is a person who indicts a case of embezzlement of a company that Hwang Dong-joo revealed.

Lee Jung-sik, who has been attracting attention for his warm visuals and sensible and unique acting in the dramas 'Farmer Academy', 'People with Flaws' and 'Summer Guys', took on the role of the first prosecutor seven days after his debut and stimulated curiosity about new image transformation are doing

Attention is focused on what he will look like after returning as a visual inspector in ‘Tracer’.

Meanwhile, Wave's original 'Tracer' will be released on January 7, 2022.

https://www.breaknews.com/856895

• Like 2

On 12/17/2021 at 11:11 PM, larus said:

Tracer’, which deals with the background of the National Tax Service, is an exhilarating chase action drama depicting the unstoppable activity of a virulent man who rolls into the 5 tax bureaus called the ‘Trash Dump’, a place that is scarier than a judge for some people.

Feels  kinda similar to 38 Task Force (w/c was a hit for ocn). I actually like the cast for this plus I like the genre revenge. 

I'll check this.  Good thing I saw this thread.  Thank you larus and backstreetboys for thread and updates.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jongski said:

Feels  kinda similar to 38 Task Force (w/c was a hit for ocn). I actually like the cast for this plus I like the genre revenge. 

I'll check this.  Good thing I saw this thread.  Thank you larus and backstreetboys for thread and updates.

I have not seen or read about 38 Task Force drama. I don`t really like revenge dramas, but this one doesn`t seem to be like a classical revenge melodrama so I will watch. It is more like an action drama.  I like the cast  and I like the aspect of National Tax Service as the background. I watched Money Game last year and I liked it. It had Financial Services Commission as background and a story about economic bureaucrats. Perhaps is something similar. We`ll see.

• Like 1

Im Siwan, Go Ah Sung, Son Hyun Joo, And Park Yong Woo Show Unwavering Determination In “Tracer” Posters

Im Siwan, Go Ah Sung, Son Hyun Joo, And Park Yong Woo Show Unwavering Determination In “Tracer” Posters

Dec 20, 2021
by S. Nam

MBC’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “Tracer” introduced its four main leads!

“Tracer” is a new drama taking place at the National Tax Service. Im Siwan stars as Hwang Dong Joo, a new team manager of the Seoul Regional Office’s Investigation Bureau, while Go Ah Sung stars as Seo Hye Young, a fellow team member at the Seoul Regional Office who is unafraid to face the cowardly world head-on. The drama is written by scriptwriter Kim Hyun Jung and helmed by director Lee Seung Young of “Voice 2” and “The Missing.”

In his poster, Im Siwan transforms into the brazen and talented team leader Hwang Dong Joo. The quote next to him states, “Aren’t people scarier than money in the end?” raising anticipation for his own way of chasing after bad money.

Im-Siwan1.jpg\

Hardworking and action-oriented Seo Hye Young has the quote, “I told you so. Trust in me once,” on her poster. Her confident expression makes viewers curious to find out how Seo Hye Young will stubbornly take on the world.

Go-Ah-Sung1.jpg

Son Hyun Joo plays In Tae Joon, the commissioner of the Seoul Regional Office who dreams of becoming something bigger. The quote on his poster reads, “In the end, it’s a game of deceiving or being deceived,” as In Tae Joon exudes powerful charisma with his pose and sharp gaze.

Spoiler

Son-Hyun-Joo1.jpg

Park Yong Woo takes on the role of Oh Young, once the ace of the National Tax Service but now the section chief who doesn’t believe in doing any work. However, his quote states, “Sometimes, you have to try work that isn’t shameful too,” raising questions about his changes in mindset.

Spoiler

Park-Yong-Woo1.jpgThe bottom text on all four poster

The bottom text on all four poster reads, “Refreshing pursuit action drama of tough guys chasing after bad money,” previewing the diverse charms the main characters will show as they work together in the upcoming drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1504657wpp/im-siwan-go-ah-sung-son-hyun-joo-and-park-yong-woo-show-unwavering-determination-in-tracer-posters

• Like 2

Im Siwan Discusses Why He Chose To Star In “Tracer,” His Resolve To Show Different Sides Of Himself, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 23, 2021
by L. Kim

Im Siwan recently participated in a pictorial for Elle!

In the interview after the photo shoot, Im Siwan discussed his new drama “Tracer,” which takes place at the National Tax Service. Im Siwan stars as Hwang Dong Joo, a new team manager of the Seoul Regional Office’s Investigation Bureau, while Go Ah Sung stars as Seo Hye Young, a fellow team member at the Seoul Regional Office who is unafraid to face the cowardly world head-on. The drama is written by scriptwriter Kim Hyun Jung and helmed by director Lee Seung Young of “Voice 2” and “The Missing.”

im-siwan-1.jpg

First off, Im Siwan shared why he chose to star in “Tracer.” He said, “Until now, the story of the National Tax Service has not been well dealt with. Not only was I personally curious [about it], but I also felt that the background investigation related [to the drama] was very meticulously and thoroughly done. There was no reason not to appear in it.”

The actor also talked about his character Hwang Dong Joo, saying, “Even if you find something difficult to let go, you usually only think about it inwardly. It’s not easy to act on it. Hwang Dong Joo doesn’t hesitate to do those things. He’s someone who’s able to easily do things that [people] usually can’t do out of fear.”

When asked if he makes unpredictable choices in life just like Hwang Dong Joo, he commented, “I make unpredictable choices most of the time. I think it’s more exciting then. I try to enjoy that excitement as much as I can.”

im-siwan-2.jpg

Im Siwan played diverse roles in his projects, but he expressed his wish to show more sides of him that he hasn’t revealed before. He remarked, “There may be a lot of things that I have not shown yet. At the end of a project, the emotional parts obtained from it are embodied in me. Due to that accumulation, I am definitely different then and now, and I think I will continue to change.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1505232wpp/im-siwan-discusses-why-he-chose-to-star-in-tracer-his-resolve-to-show-different-sides-of-himself-and-more

• Like 3

'Tracer' Son Hyun-joo returns to MBC drama after 15 years

image_readtop_2021_1208646_1640571156489

Actor Son Hyun-joo is returning to MBC drama after 15 years. MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Tracer' (written by Kim Hyun-jung, directed by Lee Seung-young), which is scheduled to be broadcasted for the first time on January 7, 2022, is a place that is scarier than a judge for some people. It is an exhilarating chase action drama depicting an undisclosed activity.

Son Hyeon-joo takes on the role of In Tae-joon, who is the head of the central regional tax office, who is the second-in-command of the National Tax Service, but constantly struggles to occupy a higher power. Son Hyun-joo, a well-known actor who boasts a unique aura and acting ability that stands out for his inner work, is expected to show off his restrained charisma in 'Tracer'.

In the published stills and posters, Son Hyun-joo draws attention as he creates tension with a cold, firm expression. Dressing without clutter and strong eyes make you feel the flawless aspect of the character ‘In Tae-Jun’.

Above all, Son Hyeon-joo is said to form a breathtaking tension with Im Si-wan, who plays the role of 'Hwang Dong-ju', the team leader who rolled into the 5 tax bureaus. The production team of 'Tracer' said, "Please watch and see what kind of synergies Son Hyun-joo will show with the characters including Im Si-wan."

Sohn Hyun-joo, who has been loved by the public for his wide character digestibility, is curious about what kind of charm he will show through 'Tracer'.

MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama, 'Tracer', which is expected with fresh materials, a refreshing story from the background of the National Tax Service, and a large group of actors who believe and watch, is scheduled to be broadcast for the first time on January 7, 2022, following 'Red Sleeves', and is the largest in Korea. It will be released at the same time through the online video service platform Wave.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2021/12/1208646/

• Like 2

'Tracer' stimulates anticipation by releasing 7 types of tracking stills that capture the appearance of hard-working National Tax Service investigators.

http://talkimg.imbc.com/TVianUpload/tvian/TViews/image/2021/12/28/80c6e95b-bd76-420a-be37-380f4b902f70.JPG

a4b3a4e443542d6a76ce1b9b6b2975aad4eaaaee

'Tracer' is an exhilarating chase action drama depicting the indefatigable activity of a strong man who rolled into the 5 tax bureaus called the 'garbage dump', a place that is scarier than a judge for some.

The tracking steel released this time draws attention as it foretells the exhilarating performance of nationally recognized experts who chase bad money and the National Tax Service investigators. Steel, which is focused on documents by Dong-Ju Hwang (Im Si-Wan), the team leader of the 5 tax bureaus who digs up corruption in his own way, raises curiosity about what kind of progress Dong-Joo's sharp tip will bring to the play, who doesn't overlook even the slightest clue.

Here, the steel with the image of Seo Hye-yeong (Go Ah-seong), a confident investigator who finds clues regardless of means and methods, raises expectations for the synergy that will be created by the sensibility of Dong-ju and Hye-yeong's action skills. In the stills of 'Oh-Young' (Park Yong-Woo), the manager who is deeply immersed in thought, he adds to the question of how 'Oh-Young', who has an extraordinary sense of numbers and skill, will inspire the 5 tax offices, and 'Tae-Jun In' (Tae-Jun In), the head of the central regional tax office. Son Hyeon-joo)'s steel evokes tension in the form of 'Tae-jun', who is planning a meticulous strategy for the first person in the National Tax Service. 'Tracer', which has released a tracking still that raises expectations for such an interesting development, will captivate this winter with refreshing fun like never before.

'Tracer', which is expected with the fresh material of the National Tax Service background, a refreshing story, and the breath of actors from all generations, including Im Si-wan, Go Ah-seong, Son Hyeon-joo, and Park Yong-woo, will be released for the first time on Wave on January 7, 2022, and will be aired on MBC. .

http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/334303

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Watch: Im Siwan, Go Ah Sung, And Park Yong Woo Join A Chaotic Company In “Knowing Bros” Preview

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 1, 2022
by C. Hong

Im Siwan, Park Yong Woo, and Go Ah Sung will be the next guests on JTBC’s “Knowing Bros”!

Im Siwan, Go Ah Sung, and Park Yong Woo are the stars of the upcoming wavve drama “Tracer,” which is about the National Tax Service. Im Siwan stars as Hwang Dong Joo, a team manager at the Seoul Regional Office’s Investigation Bureau, and Go Ah Sung stars as Seo Hye Young, a fellow team member at the Seoul Regional Office. Park Yong Woo plays Oh Young, the former ace of the National Tax Service who is now a section chief that isn’t interested in doing any work.

The preview starts with Super Junior’s Shindong playing the chairman of AN Group, who surveys the city and says, “We can burn 50 billion won. Because it’ll soon turn to 100 billion won. I’m going to make a forest of buildings.” As the other cast members and guests take their seats in the boardroom, it is revealed that the chairman plans to liquidate AN Group’s subsidiary companies that aren’t producing good results.

The cast members and guests are split into teams representing different subsidiaries. Im Siwan represents AN Entertainment, Park Yong Woo AN Cosmetics, and Go Ah Sung AN Life Insurance. Im Siwan, as befitting the star of classic office drama “Incomplete Life,” proves his skill at persuasion and presentation.

He says that AN Entertainment raised their sales by an incredible amount, but Min Kyung Hoon interrupts with, “I heard you embezzled public funds.” Lee Sang Min cracks up the room by saying gravely, “Sometimes these things just happen.” Im Siwan presses on, saying that their agency cast top actors like Go Ah Sung and Park Yong Woo, but Lee Soo Geun jokes, “I acknowledge Go Ah Sung, but Park Yong Woo is past his prime,” and Park Yong Woo retaliates hilariously.

Later, the company representatives battle it out in games and skits. Im Siwan shows his ability to “sell” any product, while Go Ah Sung and Lee Soo Geun film an “insurance” commercial. Go Ah Sung throws herself to the floor in her passion, and Seo Jang Hoon remarks, “We’re using a great actor in all kinds of ways.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1506542wpp/watch-im-siwan-go-ah-sung-and-park-yong-woo-join-a-chaotic-company-in-knowing-bros-preview

• Like 2

It's not difficult at all"...'Tracer', Im Si-wan's first OTT challenge, cider play

83b73cd5-c643-4bb0-aea0-4718faa0db14.jpg

'Tracer' conveys the charm of 'Cider' with an exhilarating action play. Can Im Si-wan, who has been enjoying satisfactory box office success in each of his works, be able to catch both favorable reviews and good grades in his first OTT challenge?

On the morning of the 4th, an online production presentation for the original drama 'Tracer' was held by wave. Director Im Si-wan, Go Ah-seong, Park Yong-woo, and director Lee Seung-young attended the event.

Director Lee Seung-young introduced 'Tracer', saying, "It is a delightful chase drama in which unique characters who are pushed out of a job because they can't handle it in an organization called the National Tax Service find bad guys and the black money behind them in an extraordinary way."

Park Yong-woo, the first of 'Tracer', said, "I thought that the script was written very carefully and flawlessly. The team itself called the Tax 5 Bureau is very interesting, and there are people who can sympathize with any organization. There are a lot of unexpected behaviors, so it was fun I think you can see it,” he added, adding a viewing point.

Go Ah-seong also said, "I tried not to take it too seriously, hoping that it would be a story that could be approached comfortably even without basic knowledge of the National Tax Service. I also tried to approach it comfortably. "He showed his affection and confidence in 'Tracer'.

Im Si-wan, who is challenging the OTT platform work for the first time in his acting career through this work, said, "Wave original is a concept that is just starting. I wonder if it will come out."

Im Si-wan's confident story of "It's great even if you just breathe"? Im Si-wan takes on the role of Hwang Dong-joo, a shameless and talented team leader, and goes into a different 'venomous' transformation than before. Im Si-wan said, "The first episode is ahead as soon as the new year dawns. Maybe that's why it's going to get better." He said, "I saw 'This year's zodiac that looks like it's going to be a hit even if you just breathe' on an SNS, and there was a dragon, a monkey, a pig. People were in the Dragon, Monkey, and Pig. I hope 'Tracer' will have a great year too. I can feel the energy."

Park Yong-woo burst out laughing about the role of Hwang Dong-ju, played by Im Si-wan, and said, "I don't have cheap things. Hwang Dong-ju is the person who becomes the motif of all the processes.”

Go Ah-seong, played by Seo Hye-young, a front-breaking investigator, is expected to radiate her unique bold energy. Go Ah-seong said, "She is a character that is very different from her previous work, 'Crime Puzzle.'

Park Yong-woo as Oh Young, a realist manager who creates sympathy, and Son Hyeon-joo as In Tae-joon, the head of the central regional tax office, who is meticulous and ambitious, heralded vitality and tension in the play. Park Yong-woo said, "There are a lot of similarities to Oh Young in reality. I also have serious parts, but there are also playful parts. So I think this work might be more interesting."

'Tracer', which will be released for the first time through Wave on the 7th, will be broadcast on MBC every Friday and Saturday afternoon.

(Google translate)

https://m.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2022010408330005993

a2fd6f78-eaf6-47e1-83f0-57a2618c9368.jpg

image_readtop_2022_8380_1641264164490594

• Like 1

Watch: Im Siwan, Go Ah Sung, Son Hyun Joo, And Park Yong Woo Take On Bold Characters In “Tracer”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 4, 2022
by J. Ahn

The latest character teaser for MBC upcoming drama “Tracer” gives a closer look at its main characters!

“Tracer” is a new drama taking place at the National Tax Service. Im Siwan stars as Hwang Dong Joo, a new team manager of the Seoul Regional Office’s Investigation Bureau, while Go Ah Sung is Seo Hye Young, a fellow team member at the Seoul Regional Office who is unafraid to face the cowardly world head-on. Son Hyun Joo plays In Tae Joon, the commissioner of the Seoul Regional Office who dreams of becoming something bigger. Park Yong Woo takes on the role of Oh Young, who was once the ace of the National Tax Service but is now the section chief who doesn’t believe in doing any work. The drama is written by scriptwriter Kim Hyun Jung and helmed by director Lee Seung Young of “Voice 2” and “The Missing.”

The new teaser begins with Hwang Dong Joo handing in his resignation letter as he says, “I’m repaying you for the kindness you’ve shown me with ingratitude.” This raises curiosity about his character while he chases after all kinds of corruption related to money in his own way.

Seo Hye Young, who can’t stand unfairness, previews her outstanding intuition while she announces a head-to-head battle with foul money as she yells, “I can’t quit like this!”

In Tae Joon, an ambitious dreamer who dreams of becoming the head of the National Tax Service, reveals the face of a meticulous strategist, saying, “Let’s decide if he’s worthy enough to hold in our hands.”

Oh Young is a realist, and he joins in on the pursuit of bad money as he says, “I never said that I’m going to give up.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1506849wpp/watch-im-siwan-go-ah-sung-son-hyun-joo-and-park-yong-woo-take-on-bold-characters-in-tracer

• Like 2

Premiere Watch: Ghost Doctor, Tracer

by missvictrix

New year, new dramas! Our first drops of the year are about medical mysteries in the way of hero body swapping, and the wonderful world of tax investigations (and more mysteries) featuring none other than Im Shi-wan.

Tracer

tracer_PW.jpg

Time slot: Friday & Saturday
Broadcaster: MBC
Genre: Drama, mystery
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: Not gonna lie, finance-themed dramas can be a real snooze…. but lucky for Tracer, it has a great cast (Im Shi-wan, Go Ah-sung, and Sohn Hyun-joo) and the promise of satisfying take-downs. In the story’s premise, Im Shi-wan is not only gung-ho to bring financial crimes to light, but his competence and work ethic have an impact on the office of lazy paper-pushers that he joins. That in itself should be fun, because stories of people that grow in teamwork and competence (and badassery) are always enjoyable.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/01/premiere-watch-ghost-doctor-tracer/

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Tracer, 트레이서-Im Si-Wan, Son Hyun-joo & Go Ah Sung-Friday & Saturday @22:00KST- Premieres on January 7

Cho Sang-mi returns to drama after 13 years with 'Tracer'..Son Hyun-joo and Im Si-wan [Official]

4CUKBPZODZWC3HJNJ2DHJBPL5Y.jpg

Actress Sang-mi Choe is returning with the first wave of the new year, the original 'Tracer' after 13 years.

On the 7th, her agency Wells Entertainment announced that actress Choi Sang-mi will return to the small screen today with a new wave original 'Tracer' (screenplay Kim Hyun-jung/director Lee Seung-young).

In the play, Choe Sang-mi plays the role of Min So-jeong, the deputy head of the National Tax Service headquarters. She is a character with an exciting and just side as a pre-positional figure within the National Tax Service. She is expected to add tension to the play by demonstrating her unique charismatic acting against In Tae-jun (Son Hyun-joo), head of the central regional tax office, who is static.

The agency said, "After the SBS drama 'City Hall', which aired in 2009, it has been a long time since I greeted you as an actor and not a director." Please look forward to it,” he said.

On the other hand, Seo Sang-mi, who made her debut in 1994 with the play 'Lolita', made her debut in the films 'Connection' and 'Everyone Has a Secret'. Drama 'Sunflower', 'Yellow Handkerchief', 'Unmanned Age', 'Lawyers', 'Love and Ambition', 'Snow in August', 'My Woman', 'City Hall', etc. Not only did he show outstanding acting skills, he also directed the films 'The Dressing Up Room', 'Woman Under the Influence', and 'Children who went to Poland' and was recognized as a film director.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2022/01/07/MIJQSYFSIIZ2Y4OV2YUT5LEHTI/

• Like 3

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] Tracer, 트레이서-Im Si-Wan, Son Hyun-joo & Go Ah Sung-Friday & Saturday @22:00KST

Tracer] A strange guy overturned the National Tax Service?! Refreshing 100% highlight video | wave original

Tracer' Im Si-wan, 'Crazy' Issued by the 5th Tax Bureau... "I'm going to have a hard time"

image_readtop_2022_22137_164156309349109

Im Si-wan has been appointed as the head of the 5th tax bureau at the Central Regional Tax Office.

After being assigned to the main office by the regional office, Hwang Dong-ju found the location of the 5th tax bureau in the building of the head of the central regional tax office. Oh Young (Park Yong-woo), the head of the 1st Tax Division of the 5th Bureau of Taxation, met in the lobby and said, “There is no such thing in this main building. How expensive is the seat fee? If you go there, you will see a building just one step before it collapses. That's the 5th Tax Bureau."

Oh Young said, "Is this your first time working with the 5 Tax Bureaus? Hwang Dong-ju said, "Then give me a tip." Oh-Young said, "Just go, don't expect anything. Common sense and recognition will work, or what they can do for you, don't expect anything like that, and just go."

As Oh-Young warned, Hwang Dong-Joo's first appearance at the Five Tax Bureaus was a mess. The delivery driver threw food at random, saying, "Are you asking the market ladies to get tax bills?" Some inspectors were being hit by a thunderbolt of tax evasion officials.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2022/01/22137/

• Awesome 2

MBC’s new drama “Tracer” is off to an impressive start!

On January 7, “Tracer” premiered at the top of its time slot as it took over for the hit historical drama “The Red Sleeve,” which came to an end last week. According to Nielsen Korea, the first episode of the new drama starring Im Siwan and Go Ah Sung scored an average nationwide rating of 7.4 percent, making it the most-watched Friday-Saturday drama of the night.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/tracer-premieres-to-no-1-ratings-now-we-are-breaking-up-rise-heading-to-its-finale/#ixzz7HM1YidWi

• Like 1