[Drama 2022] Reborn Rich / 재벌집 막내아들

Maetawinz

i can't wait for subtitles and next ep...

wedding will still happen...but only because he said no to her...he already has someone in his heart...Right after he rejected rich girl  proposal,he rushed to meet Minyoung, but this time was  already late...

I also loved his scenes with his mom ,dad and brother...i think he understood they are his parents  and he is JIN DOJOON their son...Mom asked them to take care and told dad to protect DJ ...Was such a sweet moment ...i can't wait the subtitles

• Like 2

2 hours ago, andy78 said:

i can't wait for subtitles and next ep...

wedding will still happen...but only because he said no to her...he already has someone in his heart...Right after he rejected rich girl  proposal,he rushed to meet Minyoung, but this time was  already late...

I also loved his scenes with his mom ,dad and brother...i think he understood they are his parents  and he is JIN DOJOON their son...Mom asked them to take care and told dad to protect DJ ...Was such a sweet moment ...i can't wait the subtitles

@andy78   TQ for the Preview of ep 8.  Yes.  I just finished ep 7.  Do Joon has declared War on his Grandfather's Empire.  So from now on, we will have a Yo-Yo Match for every ep until the Drama ends.

Do Joon's brother is so irritating.  His parents are such sensible people.  How could they bring up a son like this??

And, as someone has mentioned,  all the Ladies in this Drama are not beautiful at all.  The Chairman's only daughter looks like the Witch in "Snow White". Why can't they choose better actresses.  Of course Do Joon's New Mum is an exception.  Her movements are so regal. 

The eldest grandson is so old.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

His parents are such sensible people. 

THE BEST PARENTS EVER!!!He finally understood that this is his life and they are his mom and dad!!!Great episode...BIG BROTHER is immature...but at least they have a good relationship...they are not like his uncles

9 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

Do Joon's New Mum is an exception.  Her movements are so regal. 

BEAUTIFUL AND KIND...

Ep 7 was good and leaves me hopeful.  I like DJ’s mentor in the business world.  

Spoiler

That rich woman is evil and I was glad he had a flashback although unseen of how she treated him in his 1st life and rejected her lame offer to be at her beck and call like the simple uncle in law with his wife.

The eldest grandson is really nice underneath it all.  Shame to being born into that family lol….

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 7! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Reborn Rich” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High As “The Queen’s Umbrella” Gears Up For Finale

JTBC’s “Reborn Rich” continues to gain steam!

Despite taking the night off on December 2, the hit fantasy revenge drama starring Song Joong Ki returned stronger than ever on December 3. According to Nielsen Korea, “Reborn Rich” achieved its highest viewership ratings yet for its latest episode, which earned a nationwide average of 16.1 percent—maintaining its perfect streak of increasing its viewership with each new episode.

“Reborn Rich” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High As “The Queen’s Umbrella” Gears Up For Finale | Soompi

• Like 1

In the scene when DJ's mother came to find out what happened to her son, the father looked stunned. Maybe they were divorced? It's as if her son was dead. 

I wonder if  HW and DJ would really die after buying/acquiring Soonyang for his dad. @andy78 what did the novel say? Did DJ survive?

• Like 1

i can't wait GOOOOO DOJOON !!!

4 hours ago, maribella said:

Did DJ survive?

HE SURVIVES...HE LIVES HIS LIFE AS CHAIRMAN JIN DOJOON ...THE FIRST LIFE IS JUST A LIFE ONLY HIM REMEMBERS

So Minyoung became a prosecutor & seems like they have dinner...Minyoung will be on Hwayoung’s side and not Dojoon’s? Before she became Soonyang’s grim reaper?

interesting let their love story begin...

• Like 2

Ep 8 is good.  Do Jun has the Advantage none of his Contemporaries has.  He knows what will happen?  Because he is A Man From The Future!

None of them can defeat him.  Not even his Grandfather.  :lol:

So Do Jun's New Father is a Product of Chairman Jin's Fling with a Mistress.  He was bornt out of Wedlock.  No wonder his Character is different from the rest of his Step-Siblings.

On 12/4/2022 at 3:41 AM, mskololia1 said:

The eldest grandson is really nice underneath it all.  Shame to being born into that family lol….

@mskololia1  I do not think the eldest grandson is really nice underneath it all.  He is just as bad.  He is Psychotic, Emotionally Unstable and Stupid.  The Rich Girl, Hyeon Min is so silly to marry him.  Apart from the Exterior Grandeur of marrying into a Chaebol Family, she is walking into a Life of Loneliness and Heartache. 

Since her husband already knew about her Clandestine One-Off Tryst with Do Jun, they are entering a Marriage in Name only.  They will have separate lives.  Her husband can have as many Women as he likes outside.  How about her?  Can she find a Man to share her bed?

Chairman Jin's only daughter - Jin Hwa Young cannot manage her companies.  Her father gave her a chance but she is going to lose them all to Do Jin.  But who can blame Do Jin?  Who ask her to be so B-i-t-c-h-y as to Humiliate Do Jin's New Mum.  She is asking for it.

Do Jin is not only avenging for himself.  But also for his Current Parents now.

It will be interesting to see how the Plot will come to An End.  Will they follow the Novel?  Or will they give it a Nice Twist? :cutekitty:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hush puppy said:

It will be interesting to see how the Plot will come to An End.  Will they follow the Novel?  Or will they give it a Nice Twist?

i wonder too...Grandfather loves Do-joon so much  more compared to the drama. He loves him so much because he neglected his youngest son...calls him kitten...Do Joon's mother confronts chairman and tells him that she will not allow him to train her son  to become a successor but will let Do-joon make that choice. He gets very angry...but  DJ TELLS THEM he will do whatever he wants in future and  that he wants to become a chairman of even a bigger company than Soonyang...When grandfather hears it he becomes so happy that he turns to Do-joons mother and says to her:" You heard that daughter in law, my grandson wants to become like me", then she starts crying for the first time because grandpa acknowledged her and approved her.

• Like 1

Can't wait to watch ep.08!! :yay: The relationship between Do Joon and his grandfather is so fascinating. I don't think the grandfather will be the one to attack Do Joon in the end, he respects his talent and ambition. The "accident" that is mentioned must have been planned by the eldest son and grandson. Hope Do Joon survives and plans the company take over while hiding...

Also, I really like the chemistry between Do Joon and Min Hyun. It's a pity that he rejected her. But then I remembered that he's supposed to know her well from his other life. Anyway, it's weird that he accused her of wanting to be the daughter-in-law of Soonyang and have him as a puppet: she's been offered that already with his cousin. She preferred him for being ambitious and capable on his own and was clearly attracted to him.

Regarding the future prosecutor, not that I dislike her, but their relationship is boring and it appears that they barely see each other since he has no idea of her whereabouts...how are we supposed to believe that he is so interested that he runs to her the moment another woman makes advances on him?

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 8! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Reborn Rich” Overtakes “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” To Become Most-Watched Miniseries Of 2022

Just halfway into its run, JTBC’s “Reborn Rich” has already become the most-watched miniseries of the year!

On December 4, the hit fantasy revenge drama starring Song Joong Ki achieved the highest viewership ratings of its run to date. According to Nielsen Korea, the eighth episode of “Reborn Rich” scored an average nationwide rating of 19.449 percent, marking an impressive 3.3 percent jump from the night before.

Not only has “Reborn Rich” set a new personal ratings record, but it has now also overtaken ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” to become the most-watched miniseries of 2022. Before last night’s episode of “Reborn Rich,” the previous record for the highest ratings achieved by a miniseries this year was the 17.534 percent rating achieved by the finale of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” back in August.

Ever since its premiere last month, “Reborn Rich” has maintained a perfect streak of seeing its viewership ratings rise with each new episode. With eight more episodes still left to go, it remains to be seen just how much higher “Reborn Rich” will climb before the end of its run.

“Reborn Rich” Overtakes “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” To Become Most-Watched Miniseries Of 2022 | Soompi

• Like 2

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Ever since its premiere last month, “Reborn Rich” has maintained a perfect streak of seeing its viewership ratings rise with each new episode.

Everybody loves a winner. DJ has been doing it right for 6-7 episodes. He has great parents and a bit of a whacko brother, looks very old too :lol:. Nice to watch after the lame brain FLs in other shows. I'm guessing Korean viewers are the same.

8 hours ago, andy78 said:

er too...Grandfather loves Do-joon so much  more compared to the drama. He loves him so much because he neglected his youngest son...calls him kitten...Do

The man is dying, his heir-designate and son are messing up big time, he does not seem to have favourites among the others, so it makes sense that he will give way to DJ, who double deals and manipulates as well as he did in his young days. But I am sure we will see our hero has the qualities of a good person despite excelling in corporate shenanigans. His mum and dad are different.

The ages of the characters are distracting to say the least. DJ is a law student so he is in his early 20s. SJ graduated from an American school - Bachelor, Master or PhD? He looks old  and acts old perhaps in his early thirties which is why he is expected to get married, and he did. So his wife should be around his age and she was hitting on DJ. That was odd. She did not think it strange one so young could be so say... astute?

I could see DJ being very savvy about business since he is really 40 or so and had been working for Soonyang for 10 years. But he had no experience with women, it would have been more fun and cute if he fumbled and tripped with the FL. So far she was the one who was all flustered. 
It's halfway, some warm hearted romance is needed here writer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maribella said:

Everybody loves a winner. DJ has been doing it right for 6-7 episodes. He has great parents and a bit of a whacko brother, looks very old too . 

The man is dying, his heir-designate and son are messing up big time, he does not seem to have favourites among the others, so it makes sense that he will give way to DJ, who double deals and manipulates as well as he did in his young days. But I am sure we will see our hero has the qualities of a good person despite excelling in corporate shenanigans. His mum and dad are different.

DJ being smart & intelligent at a young age seems to have caught his grandpa attention &

none of his uncles & aunt are at par with him. 

DJ gonna reveal that he is Miracle major shareholder, which will be a big shock to his grandpa.

Will grandpa disown DJ ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

DJ gonna reveal that he is Miracle major shareholder, which will be a big shock to his grandpa.

Will grandpa disown DJ ?

@Thong Thin  That is already done with.   DJ has already revealed to Grandpa Jin that he is Miracle Investment's Major Shareholder.   

4 hours ago, maribella said:

FL. So far she was the one who was all flustered. 
It's halfway, some warm hearted romance is needed here writer.

@maribella  Exactly.  His impending Death woke him up to Reality.  It is like suddenly it becomes Extremely Urgent to find A Worthy Heir to His Empire.

That is why he declares that the First Son and Grandson will no longer be give Top Priority.  Whoever proves to him that they have the Entrepreneurial Capability will inherit  His Empire and All His Shares.

He loves it when his Competitor came to see him and said that Do Jun reminds him of the Young and Brave - Jin Yang Cheol.

It is obvious that Do Jun will be his successor.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2022 at 6:54 PM, hush puppy said:

So Do Jun's New Father is a Product of Chairman Jin's Fling with a Mistress.  He was bornt out of Wedlock.  No wonder his Character is different from the rest of his Step-Siblings.

well this is even better if she will be the one that ploted the accident later...we can see her deep resentiment now ...i think she only pretended to be kind with 4th son and children...she was only acting...all her children are evil...what a mess!!!

Also it seems Seo Minyoung started to be afraid of DoJoon, who was changing dramatically in his fight for succession by any means. She was afraid that she will end up being the prosecutor to suspect

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

GOT7’s Jinyoung On His New Film “Christmas Carol,” “Reborn Rich” Cameo, Approach To Dating, Upcoming Enlistment, And More

Last month, Jinyoung made an impactful cameo in JTBC’s “Reborn Rich” as Song Joong Ki’s co-worker Shin Kyung Min. Despite his limited screen time, Jinyoung’s character played an important role and left a lasting impression on viewers.

He commented to MyDaily, “We didn’t have any prior connection, so I was thankful that they gave me the opportunity for a special appearance. The character was so fun. Although my appearance was limited to a few episodes, it was a character who concluded Episode 1, so I didn’t want to take it lightly. I thought a lot about building the character. At the beginning, I wanted assistant manager Shin Kyung Min to be expressed as someone who adapts to and sways well with his environment, rather than as a bad person.”

Jinyoung continued, “That’s why in the drama, I tried to approach Song Joong Ki in a more burdensome and over-the-top manner. That way, I thought I’d also be convinced of the eventual twist, so I tried to carry that kind of tension at the start.” Thanking the cast and crew of “Reborn Rich,” Jinyoung shared, “Thanks to them, I was able to go to Turkey. All the producing directors and senior actors, including Song Joong Ki, treated me so well.”

GOT7’s Jinyoung On His New Film “Christmas Carol,” “Reborn Rich” Cameo, Approach To Dating, Upcoming Enlistment, And More | Soompi

• Like 1

Im curious  who Is Yoon Ki's mother an affaire. or something more?Maybe we will find more in the  next episodes...from all 4 children Do joon dad is the only one that  has his own company(with his son help) and a happy marriage...he was smart married with the one that was the right person for him not for Soonyang like his brothers did  ...

• Like 1

So far I can't feel anything between Do Joon and Seo Min Young.  I wonder how their relationship is going to "hot" up.

Yoon Ki is the eldest son of Chairman Jin right?  Why? His mother had an affair? (I still cannot remember their "Names". :lol:)

Chairman Jin's wife looks  like a Countryside Woman.  No personality at all.  

• Like 1