[Drama 2022] Woori the Virgin, 우리는 오늘부터

agenth

Im Soo Hyang, Sung Hoon, Shin Dong Wook, And More Play Fate’s Latest Game In “Woori The Virgin” Poster

Im Soo Hyang, Sung Hoon, Shin Dong Wook, And More Play Fate’s Latest Game In “Woori The Virgin” Poster

May 4, 2022
by M. Kang

SBS’s upcoming drama “Woori the Virgin” released an exciting main poster!

“Woori the Virgin” is a Korean remake of the American rom-com “Jane the Virgin,” which is based on a Venezuelan telenovela. The drama is about a woman named Oh Woo Ri (Im Soo Hyang) who is strictly maintaining her chastity before marriage but ends up pregnant with Raphael’s (Sung Hoon) child after an accident occurs during a medical exam.

The show will be a series of twists and turns for all characters involved from Oh Woo Ri and Raphael to their partners Lee Kang Jae (Shin Dong Wook) and Lee Ma Ri (Hong Ji Yoon). Oh Woo Ri and Raphael are brought together by fate, but there’s also Lee Kang Jae, who has nothing but pure love for Oh Woo Ri while respecting her decision, and Lee Ma Ri, who strives to keep her husband Raphael by her side.

Along with the intriguing story of these four leads, the chemistry between three generations of women will add to the dynamic plot. Oh Woo Ri is the daughter of Oh Eun Ran (Hong Eun Hee), a singing teacher who has been auditioning to become a singer for the last 10 years, and Oh Eun Ran is the daughter of Seo Gwi Nyeo (Yeon Woon Kyung).

In the newly released poster, each of the seven main characters grabs the viewers’ attention, but they come together in perfect harmony. The lighthearted rom-com vibes are fully visible through their playful facial expressions and expressive poses.

First, there’s the beautiful Oh Woo Ri in a wedding dress and surrounded by the men in her life. Lee Kang Jae stands next to her with a bouquet, gazing at her with loving eyes. On the other side, Raphael exudes charisma as he leans in close to Oh Woo Ri, hinting at the love triangle to come.

Oh Eun Ran is grinning besides Choi Sung Il (Kim Soo Ro) while Seo Gwi Nyeo is pointing at them with a doting smile. However, this happy image is challenged by another in a different corner of the poster where Seo Gwi Nyeo is lashing out at Choi Sung Il. Amidst the bright and upbeat energy of the poster, there’s one character who stands alone and looks on with a plaintive gaze. It’s none other than Lee Ma Ri who stands her ground even in this chaotic space.

The phrase, “The twist of fate has begun,” decorates the poster and hints at the out-of-this-world play of fate that will shake up Oh Woo Ri’s world along with the lives of those around her.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1524513wpp/im-soo-hyang-sung-hoon-shin-dong-wook-and-more-play-fates-latest-game-in-woori-the-virgin-poster

• Like 2

:star:Spotlight: Young Bright Stars of Tomorrow:star:

Chingus, let's show our love and appreciation for the bright young child artists in K-dramas. :heart:

Let's celebrate their talent in our new Spotlight: Young Bright Stars of Tomorrow.  :partyblob:

Don’t forget to vote for your favourite Former K-drama child artists. :piggydance:

Re : @confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth

• Like 1

Isn't anybody watching this today?  I wasn't sure it would air today since I've been disappointed with this or that cancellations. To my surprise it is on and it's 100%, oh, I can't think of the word for translated? Let me see if Raphael is on in ep 1.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Woori is a lot more timid than original Jane, which is kinda hard for me to swallow. Jane was so passionate ... and Woori is like a ghost. The actress' too narrow nose also kinda distracts me, also she looks a bit too old, or the mother looks too young haha... 

Mari doesn't look as elegant as original Petra. She kinda looks cheap tbh. But the casting for the mother is perfect haha.

In any case I am starting to have Second Lead Syndrome... HE EVEN SUNG!!!!!!

simon cowell GIF

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

• agenth changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] Woori the Virgin, 우리는 오늘부터 - Mon & Tue

@agenth I do agree Woori is somewhat timid. But I think she has been taught to suppress her passions. I don't think that because a drama is a remake of another drama doesn't mean it has to be exactly like the original. I hope it won't be. What's the fun of that. We'll know the whole story before it ends. Isn't that the case with the remake of Fated to Love You. Taiwanese, Korean, Chinese, Japanese versions; my favorite version is the Taiwanese. 

I've only seen some of the American version of Woori the virgin. I think Sung Hoon is playing the role of Raphael really well. Glad to see him break out of the Love, Marriage, Divorce stony face role.

The actress playing Woori is playing the role well to where I was not distracted by her experience in life(age). Believe me I look hard at her appearance - and far it be from me to zero in on her nose. Maybe I need a new pair of glasses. She's a pretty lady.

I'll probably be watching all the episodes to the finish. 

p.s. I like the boyfriend's singing too. Quite elaborate. "I'm pregnant."

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

The first episode was pretty funny. I liked the cinematography & directing which are definitely different from how other kdramas are produced.

I can see they were influenced by some American shows and maybe even partially the original Venezuelan one. So glad to see the kdrama world trying something new.

That said, it actually took me 2.5 hours to complete the first episode because I kept feeling distracted and did other things in between. Which is not a good sign. :grimace: I will give ep 2 a try though. :glasses:

@agenth Agree about Woori and her mom. They look more like sisters than daughter and mother. The actresses actually have a 10 year age difference IRL. But even with them depicting a teenage pregnancy in the drama the age gap is too small to make it look believable.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

I was worried that Lim Soo Hyang who is normally not the most animated actress out there, would not be able to pull off a bubbly Jane. I was wrong and I was very surprised to see her act totally different than in her previous roles. Well done!

No comment about Sung Hoon because he's @confusedheart's oppa :grimace:

That said, the first episode already gave us so many kdrama tropes, I was worried a Truck of Doom would appear out of nowhere. @LeftCoastOppa would have been pleased of course. :kiss_wink:

In any case, the scene where the main characters all meet in front of the reporters and you can see that there is a connection between all of them, was super funny.

Ms. Koala's take on the first episode:

http://koalasplayground.com/2022/05/09/sbs-premieres-woori-the-virgin-with-im-soo-hyang-and-sung-hoon-this-mon-tues-and-leans-into-the-comedic-and-warm-energy/

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

I have watched 1st episode, twice! OK, the main point of this drama is the FAST PACE! We know the storyline of the original drama right? But with K-sentiments (and the makjang too!) anything can happen (even the teasers, up till 4 teasers including the highlight) had showed almost all.

But to be honest, the castings are good to for me. A lot of good reviews and comments for Sunghoon. His role of baby husband lawyer from his previous drama, seems vanished! Poof!!!! And I like his role in this drama. Seems like a bada** guy but no, he's having a scar inside his heart and with the 2nd life, he just need to find his own happiness. I like his expressions, emotions, his anger and his style of course! (with stunning colors of suits)

The actress who played his wife, OK, I can't denied, I kept thinking his wife in LfMD doing a much better as a "beachyy beachyyy" wife. Maybe she's too timid to express her role as a very "beachyy beachyyy" wife. Her mom, very suitable as Petra's original mom also one nampeun salam, just she's using electronic wheelchair, not using eyes patch like Petra's mom! :lol:

As for Woori, she's OK. Just sometimes I feel quite distracted with her tone, seems like Im Soo Hyang in real life.. Her nose is something else, but it doesn't distract me a lot. Her bf is a quite famous actor actually, before he being diagnosed with some disease previously. He was sick but now he's back to act. Her mom, still young, almost the same age with Lee Ga Ryung too but she's have an eomma aura, so that's why she can be Woori's eomma. Her obsession to be a singer is hilarious. She sang, "andaeyooo andaeyooooo" is funny! :lol:

Overall, episode 1 make me wanna watch episode 2. Funny (not too much), entertaining YES and not dragging storyline make me eagerly to watch till the end. 

Tonight is the 2nd episode!

Excited Oh My God GIF by Salesforce

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

Meh. I don’t find any of these women very appealing at all save the FL. Trashy wife, delusional bitter mother and horrible doctor may take me out of this if character development does not start happening soon.  

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I didn't care much for Jane the Virgin here in America which is probably the reason why I have little interest in this series. However, I like the main lead, but it's like she's playing the softer version of all the quiet roles she has played in the past like Gagnam beauty, etc. It is like she plays all her roles the same. If it's a loud boisterous person she plays that role the exact same way or if the person is quiet she plays it the same way.

Im Soo used to have a cute nose, but her new plastic surgery screams: I HAD A NOSE JOB

• Like 2
  • Blob 2