• Director: Jeong Jeong Hwa
  • Writer: Jang Ah Mi
  • Network: 
  • Episodes:
  • Release Date: 9 May 2022
  • Runtime:
  • Production: Group Eight
  • Genre: comedy, romance, drama
  • Plot: 'Jane the Virgin' is a comedy drama about the protagonist who, according to her grandmother's words, keeps her chastity like her life before marriage. Based on the 2002 Venezuelan telenovela 'Juana la Virchen', it is a series that aired over five seasons on CWTV in the United States since 2014. Not only is it popular in the United States, but it is also widely known in Korea as it was released through Netflix. It is a masterpiece that won the AFI (American Film Institute) Best TV Program Award and the Golden Globe Award.

• Sung Hoon as Kim Bok Rae, who runs a cosmetic surgery clinic. After battling cancer, he reflects on his fast lifestyle and asks his wife for a divorce to look out for happiness.
  • Im Soo Hyang as Bae Ji Eun, who's the daughter of a single mother, a drama assistant writer. She's determined to remain a virgin until marriage as she promised to her grandmother until her plans go terribly awry.
  • Shin Dong Wook as Lee Kang Jae, a homicide detective who lives by his beliefs. He is the boyfriend of Oh Woo Ri.
  • Hong Ji Yoon as Imari. She is considered "all fake" except for her appearance. She intentionally approached Raphael and got married to him.

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Source: allkpop, mydramalist

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

I am happy to see Im soo Hyang in a new drama. However I am a bit disappointed with the male lead. I did not find they have such a great chemistry in their previous drama together. I was hoping for someone new. I would have prefere someone like Choi Jin-Hyuk for exemple, but let see.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

I am a huge fan of the American adaptation, it’s one of my favourite dramas. Sung hoon is Rafael, I wonder who is Michael? I think it will be twenty episode long , and this drama is essentially a telenovela that makes fun of telenovela. ( telenovela is popular soap operas from latin America ) So you can expect a lot of makjang or shall I say “telenovela” twists. The best part of the American adaptation was the narrator , I hope they don’t take the narrator out . This drama is full of larger than life , egregious characters so I’m curious to see who is cast in what roles. I’m looking forward to see who will play Rogelio and Petra. Rafael is a bad boy turned good guy character, but the actor playing him was smooth as hell. I’ve only seen Sung Hoon playing arrogant , detached characters so it will be interesting to see if he can pull of the sweet , smooth talking CEO. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Im Soo Hyang got a new hair cut. She  first dyed her hair in black few days ago  and now, she has extensions. I think, she might have accepted the lead role for this remake, because she seems to prefere having short hair when she does not work. Having long hair make her look really different. There is a video in her new IG post. She does not look like someone who is 31 year old lol.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRdcNAvAqds/

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Kdramacasting is still tagging Im Soo Hyang and Sun Hoo but any of them is confirmed. Im Soo Hyang will play on Dr Lawyer which will be filmed in the same time than Jane the Virgin.  I doubt she will be ont this one. They did not confirm the main leads so I wonder if they have issues to find the female and male lead. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Drama is supposed to start in October and there is only 1 actor  confirmed and it is not even the lead. Both lead are still in talk. I still do understand how Im Soo Hyang will be able to work on Dr Lawyer and this drama which start at the same time or almost.